PDA

View Full Version : Armors and Weapons

batik
02-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Could you guys give me a list of the armors and weapons lvl 21 for a warrior?... im playin just for some time... and i still dont know all the armor and weapons i need... can someone help me>? thankz....

Raxin
02-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Its not the names thats important but the prefixes and suffixes. You want prefix Mighty and suffix. Of Assault or Of potentcy fir weps and Mighty of Fitness/grace/will
So recap
Mighty berserker of fitness body NOT clever juggernaught of savvy

Mighty vorpal Of Assault NOT agile vorpal of tactics.etc.
Once you learn the key words you.can identify what is good easily.

wolfkult
02-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Search CS for legendary only and go thru every piece with "show stats" on. Buy whatever improves your damage/dps the most that is cheapest -- if you max out armor pieces for str it usually works out that your armor is good enough (near 850).

And make sure to get a weapon that has the 100% crit proc unless you are going for pure tanking (then get sword/board for the extra armor or go for dodge% or whatever floats your boat).

Szangheili
02-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Any heroic armor is good, and pretty cheap.

Szangheili
02-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Search CS for legendary only and go thru every piece with "show stats" on. Buy whatever improves your damage/dps the most that is cheapest -- if you max out armor pieces for str it usually works out that your armor is good enough (near 850).

And make sure to get a weapon that has the 100% crit proc unless you are going for pure tanking (then get sword/board for the extra armor or go for dodge% or whatever floats your boat).
Actually, this is what you shouldn't do. Always keep your armor above 900+, and make sure your DPS stays in the range of 90+. Trust me, warriors aren't meant to drop high DPS. Leave that work to the Mage and Rogue. You just tank it out like you're supposed to.

Heiki
02-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Actually, this is what you shouldn't do. Always keep your armor above 900+, and make sure your DPS stays in the range of 90+. Trust me, warriors aren't meant to drop high DPS. Leave that work to the Mage and Rogue. You just tank it out like you're supposed to.

Actually, this is what you shouldnt do. There is not much content played on a regular basis that actually needs a full tank war. You can do just fine with an offensive build as long as you play smart. Damage output helps you keep aggro and I usually get the aggro even when I have Sword and board "pure" tanks playing with me meaning... they are a waste of space as their DPS is so low.

Not to mention that tanking in AL where aggro mechanics are wonky AND no one really needs you makes your playtime not very enjoyble. You take ages to kill anything even in normal and you CANNOT pvp except to run flags.

Get the cheap Jugg armor with strength and dodge (around 20k), the cheap berserker helm, also with strength and dodge, some blue trinkets of potency, open a few crates and get yourself a watch sword and you're set for 95% of what the game has to offer. Your armor wont be the best but for occasions where you really need it, just buy a 5k protector of savvy and you're set.

Jackyll
02-10-2013, 11:31 PM

no, at this point in the game having a high DPS is what you want for PVP and or PVE. having only 90+ DPS but 900+ armor makes you a weak warrior in my opinion.

I currently have the Demonlord armor and helm of Will and weapon i have Dark Watch Sword of Potency. those are, in my opinion, the top tier weapon and armor for warrior. then it gets into accessories for small tweaking i'm using watchman's ring of warfare and divine pendant of assault.

with all that my DPS is 136.8 and 889 armor base (meaning no pet just me)

Sky../
02-11-2013, 02:11 AM
I just realized how crappy my gears are. My dps is only 113 and my armor is only 750.

rozowykubek
02-11-2013, 03:49 AM
I currently have the Demonlord armor and helm of Will and weapon i have Dark Watch Sword of Potency. those are, in my opinion, the top tier weapon and armor for warrior. then it gets into accessories for small tweaking i'm using watchman's ring of warfare and divine pendant of assault.

with all that my DPS is 136.8 and 889 armor base (meaning no pet just me)

great, but to make it my own I would have to spend something around 200k or more so it's not solution especially for someone who do not have luck to drops and hardly ever is seeing worthy pink drops -..- sorry, I mean pinks too (my the best pink was worth 3k lol and pink one last time I saw week ago and yes Im making Jarl and others, there is nothing but crap, for me at least) for example, I have only 60k and its pain the a** cause Im always getting crap drops and merchanting is so boring,slow, risky and time consuming that is almost killing enjoying game.
I do not now how luck is compute but there is something wrong xD

Right now Im wearing heroic set + trollbane of potency = 802 armor, 99,6 dmg, 13,70% dodge ( 20% dodge+ with bop, so its making deal)
I would like to pay attention that stacking ARMOR miss the point, I had once 980 and I did not see much difference compared to 800 so I am assuming that mechanics is wrong in matter of tanking.
Currently much better is what author of "Warrior Tanking 123 with explanations" saying, stack DODGE and you will be invincible - for some time ofc :)

Heiki
02-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Well Jackyll's gear costs like 2 mil or something if you follow CS prices lol. But yea, it's the best set-up currently available in the game at the moment.

I'm still skeptical why armor is so highly valued compared to dodge though. Price differences are huge.

rozowykubek
02-11-2013, 04:23 AM
It is not Guild Wars or any other normal MMORPG where ARMOR is so godly ! -..- its quite fun cause stacking dodge is much better but doing so we are transforming into Rogue - rotfl, there is something wrong... and true, you can buy full dodge set ( like mine ) for 15k~~ ( look for occasions ) which give you 50% dodge +
for instance I can maintain Jarl and his minions for while without significant loss of health

Well Jackyll's gear costs like 2 mil or something if you follow CS prices lol. But yea, it's the best set-up currently available in the game at the moment.
I'm still skeptical why armor is so highly valued compared to dodge though. Price differences are huge.
It is because armor pieces gives 25-26 str where dodge pieces 10, it makes difference in dmg but not in health loss :)

batik
02-11-2013, 08:43 AM
is demonlord the best?

Heiki
02-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Juggernaut helm of will I think is best headgear and demonlord plate of will is best chest iirc.

Rozo im talking about gear that gives you the same strength values but with either some int and a lot of armor or some dex with a little dodge and decent armor.