PDA

View Full Version : Some general questions

NotYoCookiez
02-10-2013, 05:23 PM
So Im thinking about leaving PL for AL. I already capped in AL during the 16 cap before after that I stopped playing.

Now I'm back and want to get more involved soo

1. What's a good place to level?
I'm a 17 mage with less then 1k on hand so where is good a good place I can go without using potions?

2. Good place for money?
Not looking for a place where one drop makes me a billionaire (although would be nice (; ) just a place to get money enough for potions because my mage eats it like crazy

3. I've been seeing around about a new level cap...
Probably wont have time to make it to 21 cap? Only 17 atm

And finally!

4. What guild should I join?

Not looking for a pro guild just a guild with many people in it(:

BoomBox
02-10-2013, 06:24 PM
1. Level in watchers tomb 4, best/quickest xp

2. I would say elite runs tbh

3. Use xp elixirs! If you can, get a good team and you might make it! I can help

4. Join Arcane fellowship once your lvl 20:)

xcainnblecterx
02-10-2013, 06:25 PM
If you want fast money cookiez, you gotta merch

Bless
02-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Join arcane fellowship :) nice n friendly

BoomBox
02-10-2013, 06:27 PM

Forgot to mention merch lol

xcainnblecterx
02-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Forgot to mention merch lol

We also forgot , welcome back cookiez

BoomBox
02-10-2013, 06:30 PM
True! But hes mainly pl! Hope you switch!

Sky../
02-10-2013, 06:35 PM
I thought i wasn't going to make it to lvl21 too before the new level cap comes, cause i used to level on regular maps. Then pandamoni showed me watchers tomb. It is insanely easy to level. Even with a bad group, it only takes about 10mins to run, and you get about 500-550 exp for the run (w/o exp elix). So it's only about ~32 runs to get the 16k needed from 20 to 21. Or if you can get exp pots, about ~20.

Jcyee
02-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Although Watchers' Tomb 4 would be fastest, I think you would be using lots of potions so I would stick with Watchers Tomb 3 for now

Once you hit level 20, go to the elite maps! The button is at the bottom right of the regular map. The best place to go to is Elite Brackenbridge and farm Jarl. Runs are generally quick but make sure to pick up those eggs and chests because your pet doesn't pick those up. Chests are where many of those expensive pinks come from ;)

Level cap is expected to come in late February so if you play long enough, you can cap. It's not like PL trying to get 100k xp to cap... It's just 16k here and really no need for elixirs unless you really want to cap quickly.

Guilds... ECLIPSE! We're about to really open recruiting once the new cap comes.

If you have any more questions pm here on the forums or add me in game. Same as PL: Jcyee :) But don't leave PL either...

NotYoCookiez
02-10-2013, 10:20 PM

I know but I can't merch with 104 gold lol

And thanks everyone for all the info!

NotYoCookiez
02-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Everytime I join the tombs I always end up alone and have to solo it. The pots go down and money gets spent on potions, then back to zero gold.

I need a guild for now to do runs, any active guilds that recruit random people like order of chaos in PL?

Heiki
02-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Maybe you need to take a look at your build ? I rarely pot nowadays.

You can also try to do a party with peeps outside of the tombs and run it repeatedly. Shouldnt be too hard to find. You only need a warrior spamming Horn of Renew really.

Jcyee
02-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Everytime I join the tombs I always end up alone and have to solo it. The pots go down and money gets spent on potions, then back to zero gold.

I need a guild for now to do runs, any active guilds that recruit random people like order of chaos in PL?

Try joining a party or making one yourself!

LwMark
02-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Better level up to 21 in watchers 4 fast, cap is end of month

Energizeric
02-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Merching in AL is much more difficult than in PL. The CS listing fees are much higher and in general the players seem to know prices better and are less willing to sell cheap. In PL it's not uncommon for folks to be willing to sell for 50-60% of CS price. In AL it's tough trying to find someone willing to sell a chest or egg for 80% of CS price.

Pandamoni
02-11-2013, 07:16 PM

Are you doing the dailies? When I first started I would do all the dailies and that helped me get gold. I'd also check if things were selling for 750 or more and if they were I'd list them for a couple hundred less. I'd never liquidate an item before seeing what it was worth.

I was ready to quit but Wvhills gave me some gold, gear and tips. Let me know if I can give you some gold to pay it forward. I'm not rich but have a little to spare.

In the tombs, if you start running and the timer starts, no one can join you. Stand in the dungeon and wait til you have a full group. I've never waited longer than 30-40 seconds.

NotYoCookiez
02-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Are you doing the dailies? When I first started I would do all the dailies and that helped me get gold. I'd also check if things were selling for 750 or more and if they were I'd list them for a couple hundred less. I'd never liquidate an item before seeing what it was worth.

I was ready to quit but Wvhills gave me some gold, gear and tips. Let me know if I can give you some gold to pay it forward. I'm not rich but have a little to spare.

In the tombs, if you start running and the timer starts, no one can join you. Stand in the dungeon and wait til you have a full group. I've never waited longer than 30-40 seconds.

Thanks I always liquidate everything I get except pinks... It's a bad habit I got from PL lol

And wow I didn't know that last part! Maybe that's why no one joined lol anyways ill get to levelin this weekend since its double exp :D

Pokechmp
02-12-2013, 04:53 PM

Ouch... only 104 gold? I feel bad for you. Not to brag, but with a lvl 14 I still have 5k gold, and can buy all the gear I need. I would say keep getting stuff from klass, cus he has the potential to give potions. If you are having trouble and still using too many potions, it might be your build. I used to use up potions like candy untill I changed my build. Oh, and I don't merch.

Pokechmp
02-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Oh, and if you are needing the respec, look on forums and get the free plat offers. I don't really know any other way to help you, sorry. A good party will help with gold, and make sure you get rid of any extra and useless items for some extra cash. A new character may help, cus he can deposit gold in the bank, but he might end up needing a lot of pots, also

Pandamoni
02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks I always liquidate everything I get except pinks... It's a bad habit I got from PL lol

And wow I didn't know that last part! Maybe that's why no one joined lol anyways ill get to levelin this weekend since its double exp :D

yeah, I can usually make about 500-800 on purples pretty easily. It's not a ton but it gets me some pots. Also, if you're in a guild you get cheaper pots.

If you do the tomb runs try to get a good tank who likes to heal. It's amazing how fast it goes. Aedenos did a bunch of runs (only seems like a few because it's pretty easy when you have a good warrior) with me and I leveled super fast! Good luck!

Rare
02-13-2013, 01:12 PM
yeah, I can usually make about 500-800 on purples pretty easily. It's not a ton but it gets me some pots. Also, if you're in a guild you get cheaper pots.

If you do the tomb runs try to get a good tank who likes to heal. It's amazing how fast it goes. Aedenos did a bunch of runs (only seems like a few because it's pretty easy when you have a good warrior) with me and I leveled super fast! Good luck!

Awww thanks Panda!

Pandamoni
02-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Awww thanks Panda!

Thank YOU for being awesome :D

Haowesie
02-13-2013, 10:33 PM

I suggest to keep all the pets you get from klaas, turn off auto-feed and rotate your pets as the happiness resets back to full (I'm not sure if it's every 24 hours). It gets easier if you learn to play without a pet, because then you're not reliant on the pet abilities, and it becomes a bonus when you summon them.

NotYoCookiez
02-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks for more stuff!

I get so happy when I get the 50 potion pack from the daily reward people xD and I'm starting to sell purple
I usually sell eggs I got, only got 2, because I have like 5 pets and I'm
Not usually on long enough for all of them to die so more gold fur me (:

Next on my list is probably a build, but I'm not sure if its my build that's bad or my gear lol

Heiki
02-14-2013, 02:00 AM
I lvled with Fireball (everything but - hit), Frost (added time, dot), Time (root, exploding clock and dot), and Lifegiver with replenish mana. Worked absolutely fine and i rarely potted unless I soloed stuff.