PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Build for Elite grouping and Elite Farming

Seventydopey
02-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi Guys,

It's Seventydopey/Warrior, Dopeysevend/Rogue

Thought I'd drop in to share some thoughts for the warrior class and hopefully help other warriors.

Now everyone's playing style is different, but in my opinion the tanks first and foremost job is to aggro/tank/Aggro/stay alive/Aggro make sure no one else dies. Because I also play my lvl 21 rogue there's nothing more frustrating then when the tank either 1) dies frequently or 2) doesn't do enough to aggro a mob so others die.

This build is based specifically for group fighting (normally with all DPS players/and 1 tank) and to be able to clear the zone as quickly as possible when farming. I've respec'd well over 25-30 times and this works best for my playing style.

All points Strength
5/5 passive points mighty

Skyward Smash - 1st, 2nd, 3rd (quaking earth is extremely important due to the 25% chance of group stun/paired with 1st increased radius.. so you have essentially the whole mob stunned)

Juggernaut - 1st-ignore pain, 4th- bring it on - Group taunt

Horn of Renew - 3rd - Group taunt, 4th - party 2 second invincibility

Windmill - 1st,2nd,3rd - I put windmill in here mainly to deal damage and is helpful for soloing, plus AE damage will hopefully aggro yet again.

I have 1 last point in passive- durable because I do taunt quite a bit.

As for gear, because I stress taunting so much, I typically wear the gear that offers the highest AC first, but then follows high Str/damage bonus.

lvl 21 Vorpal Assault
lvl 21 Mighty Juggernault Helmet of Will
lvl 21 Demonlord Plate of Will
lvl 21 Watchman's ring of warfare
lvl 21 Divine pendant of Assault

I'd shoot for armor no less than 800 though! Your DPS is great but even at DPS 140, you're not even close to a rogue's DPS at 270 so why try to be something you're not.

Pets- Koko, Malison, Ribbit, are my main stable. Shiloh if I just want to run faster while running through zones soloing.

As for order of attack,

I typically train 2 or 3 sets of mobs into one area and open with Juggernaut to taunt the entire mob. Typically my rogues teammates come rushing in with razorshield so they start aggroing immediately. I follow in with horn of renew, which retaunts the mob and gives my party 2 seconds of invincibility (hopefully this gives them time to pot back up to full health), then I follow with skyward smash for group stun and the Rogues normally finish up the stunned group.

Essentially with this type of attack you do carry a lot of the burden of staying alive and you WILL use up a lot of pots to stay alive- I use between 200-400 pots in a 1-1/2 hour span of farming, but the more I aggro, the more time I give the actual dps players to deal the real damage. This also means that you clear zones faster so farm much more efficiently.

Our group on average does elite tower in 3:30-3:40, with occasional 3:10ish rounds
We average Elite grounds in 3:55 secs, with our fast runs at 3:42 seconds.
Elite Jarl- 45 seconds average. with fast times of sub 40 seconds.

So anyways, this isn't for everyone's playing style and it's not as useful when soloing of course, but hopefully this helps those that are starting to farm elite maps and want to find ways to clear zones faster.

SeventyDopey

wolfkult
02-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Not an expert on this sort of thing, I don't spend much time out of PVP but if your'e not going for damage why use vorpal instead of one of the sword/shield combos that gives more armor? Vorpals dps + proc is awesome for damage but it sounds like you're fine getting your agro from horn/jugg.

Heiki
02-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Why not use Chest Splitter instead of Windmill? Cooldown is lower and it taunts/stuns as well. You might need some more mana pots though.

Wolfkult, with his gear he doesn't need the additionnal armor. Damage output also helps you to keep aggro.

In my opinion, people widely underestimate the power of crowd control. A stunned mob is a mob that doesnt do jack in terms of damage. Which is why I like to have mages around rather than a full party of rogues. Mages also help with mana for more DPS as a lot of rogue players usually dont mana pot and thus slack on DPS.

Another thing that is widely misunderstood is DPS. Most of us use skills right? Skill damage is based on weapon damage and not weapon dps. Compare ALP damage values with Watcher sword and you will see the difference is not that great. The reason why rogues DPS so much is because of Aimed shot which crits often and for crazy amounts, as well as razor which is a way too powerful AOE , mages should be getting it lol.
Of course in total damage done, rogues are still superior. But it doesnt mean your warrior damage output is ridiculous and thus you should spec it full on defense.