PDA

View Full Version : Solution for Kill Farming...

Energizeric
02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Sam had posted a few days ago that those farming CTF Kills will not be banned. And of course, I agree with this position. You cannot ban someone for doing something that you never previously stated was against the rules. However, you can do what is fair going forward....

It is fair to say that in the realm of normal play in CTF, it would be mathematically impossible for one toon to kill another more than a certain number of times. I'm not sure what that number is, but let's suppose it is 500 just for discussion purposes. I play CTF at least 2-3 hours per day and I only have 1700 kills overall, so I cannot imagine I killed any one single player more than about 50 times. But some play more often than me, and some own much more than me, so maybe their kills are much higher. But even then I cannot imagine them killing another player more than 500 times. You would be lucky to even end up in a game with the same player so many times, and then you would have to dominate them to the point that it's just not believable.

What STS should do is adjust CTF Kill numbers to reflect this. If you killed the same toon more than 500 times, you should only get credit for the first 500 kills. If you killed the same toon more than 1000 times, then I think they should adjust this number down to 1 kill as it is obvious you were kill farming. And they should do this the day before Season 2 ends, not a moment sooner. Maybe this will send the message that those who obviously spent days/hours kill farming just wasted a lot of their time.

This will cause the leaderboards to adjust to reflect the true leaders in this category and not the players who cheated. No system will be 100% perfect, but this will at least discourage cheating.

Matutd
02-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Great idea in theory, but people will just make a new toon every 500 kills and the problem will continue

Energizeric
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Maybe STS should keep that number to themselves. Just make a number and make the adjustments. It's not necessary for us to know. If you are not trying to cheat it won't affect you.

Darkgenocide
02-11-2013, 03:02 PM
OR maybe they can just put a timer on each game. make a game 5 minutes long or something. it would make it alot harder to get in the same room over and over and over and would take longer for the kills to acumilate instead of having a person in each spawn and let that person spawn next to u over and over and kill farm. or when you press "Play Again" it just puts you in a whole new game instead of with the same people your playing aginst last game.

wolfkult
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Other games that award PvP kills sometimes have the full reward based on the last time they were killed or number of times -- so in AL terms it'd be either based on # minutes in PvP since they were last killed or based on their KDR.

I think this makes sense on both sides of the spectrum. For those kill farming the toons they kill are worth a fraction of a normal kill but for killing someone who rarely gets killed is worth more than a kill. So instead of joining a match and having people just group with the pvp allstar so they won't die they go against him to try to get multi-kill credit for killing him.

Matutd
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe STS should keep that number to themselves. Just make a number and make the adjustments. It's not necessary for us to know. If you are not trying to cheat it won't affect you.
But when the boosters stop being awarded kills, I'm pretty sure they'll notice after a while.

Leeniskibac
02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Just don't allow entrance into the spawn area. It's something that should be implemented no matter what.

Energizeric
02-11-2013, 06:00 PM
We have some good ideas here. I originally thought nobody from the other team should be allowed in the other spawn area. That should be a "safe zone". Then I could take a break to get another beer and not have to worry about getting killed LOL.

Energizeric
02-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Other games that award PvP kills sometimes have the full reward based on the last time they were killed or number of times -- so in AL terms it'd be either based on # minutes in PvP since they were last killed or based on their KDR.

I think this makes sense on both sides of the spectrum. For those kill farming the toons they kill are worth a fraction of a normal kill but for killing someone who rarely gets killed is worth more than a kill. So instead of joining a match and having people just group with the pvp allstar so they won't die they go against him to try to get multi-kill credit for killing him.

This is a pretty good idea as well. The better the K/D ratio, the more points you get for killing that person. But then it would no longer technically be a K/D ratio and would be more like a rating. But still not a bad idea. STS could convert us all to a rating based on our current K/D ratio, and then go with the rating system from now on. If someone has a falsely high K/D ratio, it will quickly drop if they are not very good. Also, this could take into account the levels of the different players, i.e. if a lvl 18 kills a lvl 21, he would get more of a rating boost than the other way around.

wolfkult
02-11-2013, 06:21 PM
We have some good ideas here. I originally thought nobody from the other team should be allowed in the other spawn area. That should be a "safe zone". Then I could take a break to get another beer and not have to worry about getting killed LOL.

Just don't respawn after getting killed. Be one of theweirdos who lays their dead for 5 minutes like me :)

Darkgenocide
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Just don't respawn after getting killed. Be one of theweirdos who lays their dead for 5 minutes like me :)

i hate those guys

spiderpig
02-12-2013, 11:50 PM
good theory but..

im no longer interested in LB. im beginning to dislike the game also. i feel like sts is just in it for the money now.twas a great game tho in the start.but update after update the game's becoming crappier.theres a lot of great suggestions from forumers and sts just turn a blind eye and even does the opposite.imagine them doing an update just to dispel rumors?they listen to that and not on ideas like this.

cool posts tho, i hope sts would acknowlege even at least one of your suggestions and apply them in game.

Energizeric
02-12-2013, 11:59 PM
No entry into spawn area wouldn't work out... Then I'd just hide there so I won't get attacked. Or I can stay inside and fire ranged attacks. And players who exploit the "safe zone" would just handicap their team as the team would be temporarily a man down.

So then just make the back part of the spawn area the safe zone. Sure you can stay there as long as you want. But what good would that do you? You could also just stay in town and have the same effect.

Lady_Pebbles
02-13-2013, 10:27 PM

Thats actually a resonable idea to work with. Kudos! Now lets see if they even consider it. :\

just comment
02-18-2013, 07:13 PM
i think better remove ctf LB, because with ctf Lb will trigger people to do farm or egoist like many recent pvp threat ..
removing ctf LB will remove their motivation to do farm and egoist, and bring back the fun of pvp ing in AL ;p

hippl
02-18-2013, 07:27 PM
i think better remove ctf LB, because with ctf Lb will trigger people to do farm or egoist like many recent pvp threat ..
removing ctf LB will remove their motivation to do farm and egoist, and bring back the fun of pvp ing in AL ;p

and add rewards for winning games. someone would farm them also, but if u play in random pug everyone will play for the win, not for the kill/flag