PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with these swords ?

rozowykubek
02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
I am wondering whether to or not change my weapon, but when I am looking into CS there is something that I do not understand
How vorpal with 51 dps can be worse than my 45 dps trollbane of potency ?
can someone explain what is wrong ? :ambivalence:
and why vorpal which has almost as same as trollbane description gives +12 dps ? :suspicion:

Yungwang
02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Plus 13 dex on vorpal giving the extra dps

Uzii
02-11-2013, 01:36 PM
First im not a warrior but as i see what u refer as dmg is dps... trollbane have 45dps and vorpal 51.

And proc 100% critical buff is better then 10% chance to burn the target as i see it.. so on ur place would buy vorpal. -0.4 dmg is something u can sacrifice for more dps and 100% crit buff.

rozowykubek
02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
hm true, my bad

trollbane 45dps = 99.4 damage
vorpal 51dps = 99.00 damage

how is it computed that weapon with better stats has worse damage ?
and what gives me dps = damage per second, will i be faster or what ?

Heiki
02-11-2013, 09:04 PM
People STILL don't understand DPS/damage ??

Damage is the amount you do in one hit, multiply it by your attack speed and you get DPS.

In that case Trollbane has more damage but attacks slower than Vorpal which makes for lower DPS in the end.

Vorpal does not have better stats than Trollbane. Major difference is in the proc but it doesn't show on your stats sheet.

And no, dex has nothing to do with damage for warrior. It helps you crit but thats it.

Yungwang
02-11-2013, 11:17 PM
My statement was the 13 extra dex is where he was seeing the 12 extra Dps in the swords.

Destructible
02-13-2013, 08:32 AM
People STILL don't understand DPS/damage ??

Damage is the amount you do in one hit, multiply it by your attack speed and you get DPS.

In that case Trollbane has more damage but attacks slower than Vorpal which makes for lower DPS in the end.

Vorpal does not have better stats than Trollbane. Major difference is in the proc but it doesn't show on your stats sheet.

And no, dex has nothing to do with damage for warrior. It helps you crit but thats it.

Damage is the damage inflicted by skills. Dps is the damage produced from weapons.

Vorpal swords DO have better stats than Trollbanes. It just depends on what item it is. (ex: -- of Potency/-- of Assault)

Dex not only gives crit, but it also provides dodge as well.

Just to *slightly* correct you. :)

hm true, my bad

trollbane 45dps = 99.4 damage
vorpal 51dps = 99.00 damage

how is it computed that weapon with better stats has worse damage ?
and what gives me dps = damage per second, will i be faster or what ?

Vorpal swords have a 100% crit proc that is quite invaluable. This proc far surpasses the proc from Trollbanes (burn) in my opinion.