PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to know how rare hammerjaw is?

aBenji
02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Myself have used 10200 plat opening chests and have recieved 1 hammerjaw after about 7200 plat. Trying for a second when i feel like opening chests. Will do another maybe 3400 plat and then stop after level cap increases so i have new items first and hopefully another hammerjaw!

Friend of mine has opened 1260 chests which is 18900 plat with NO egg....

Therefor this egg is seriously rare. and i have plenty spare cash to be spending plat like that of course and so does my friend so the money doesn't bother us and the rarity doesn't either. Just the chance at getting one is awsome.

Just give you guys out there an idea of how rare it actually is!

Thought some of you might be interested in what some of us have spent plat wise to open egg.

EDIT

SCREENSHOTS OF JUST MY GMAIL. I ALSO HAVE AN IPAD WHICH I USE ITUNES ACCOUNT BUT DONT FEEL THE NEED TO UPLOAD MORE IM SURE THIS WILL SETTLE ALL YOUR DOUBTS ABOUT PLAY PURCHASES! THERE ARE ONLY FROM MY PHONE AND NOT MY IPAD. I HAVE BOUGHT MAYBE 4 OR 5 MORE 1700 BUNDLES ON MY IPAD! I have bought alot more than 10200 plat... This is just giving you on idea on egg rarity

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4709/screenshot2013021213273o.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/screenshot2013021213273o.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7237/screenshot2013021213265.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/screenshot2013021213265.png/)

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1102/screenshot2013021213262.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/screenshot2013021213262.png/)

Jed
02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
that's like a lot of money

NotYoCookiez
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Wow is this pet actually useful? If it doesn't farm for you or automaticly kill everyone in pvp Im not buying it lol

Boomdynamite
02-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Amazing!!! you deserve a Round of Applause for this Post :applause:

LwMark
02-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Wow 20k plat a pop
No one sts makes these itsms, they make tons of cash, an know peopld will buy it

Darkgenocide
02-11-2013, 08:56 PM
10200 Plat = $540.00

BoomBox
02-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Honestly I dont think its worth it lol

Darkgenocide
02-11-2013, 09:04 PM

hammerjaw bes be able to make moonshine and give it to me in real life for that much

Heiki
02-11-2013, 09:15 PM
If you got plenty of spare cash, I got plenty of ideas needing spare cash...

Valsacar
02-11-2013, 09:36 PM
A lot more than I spent trying to get one, I might give it another round after the cap raise (but maybe not). Glad to see the people that have probably spent the most aren't complaining, but actually (at least how I read it) happy that there are items that rare.

Devs, don't change a thing. Keep the drops for Arcane items (I'm assuming some are coming this cap raise) the same as it is now. I really like the idea of hard to get items. Just one request, unlike pinks, any items should be useful. There are plenty of pinks out there that don't match with their class, that's fine for pinks, but with items this rare they should be the best items around and the most useful. No crap Arcane (or even mythic) items please.

FrankRHorton
02-11-2013, 10:08 PM

For us who don't have much $$$ to spend :distant:

Urqui
02-11-2013, 10:36 PM
With that platinum I'd rather buy it in gold

Jcyee
02-11-2013, 11:16 PM
that's like a lot of money

That's probably one of the reasons it was made.

Darkgenocide
02-11-2013, 11:37 PM
With that platinum I'd rather buy it in gold

10k plat = 5 mill gold lol... so, they could basiclly buy the pet for cheaper in gold then they got it in plat...

Pulkeren
02-12-2013, 12:34 AM
just convert that plat to gold and buy it for hammer jaw

LwMark
02-12-2013, 12:40 AM
They could just buy gold, but people still have to get the hammerjaw first, so if theres no one buyin with plat then no one can buy with gold

Madstar
02-12-2013, 06:01 AM
10k plat = 5 mill gold lol... so, they could basiclly buy the pet for cheaper in gold then they got it in plat...

No, 10k Platinum = 10 million gold. HammerJaw sells 3.5 million to 6 million. Buy 5000 Platinum, to buy 5 million gold. Then buy HammerJaw egg with luck maybe cheaper.

McBain
02-12-2013, 06:31 AM
I refuse to believe anyone spent that much money on plat in one pop. I'm declaring shenanigans on this.

Jessicazx
02-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Good Job! You're filling STS's pockets :D

Xenois
02-12-2013, 08:18 AM
I like how NO one has asked for a screenshot of his plat history. I'll believe this when I see hard proof. Otherwise, it's just a false ploy to push up the price of hammerjaw eggs. Good try though. Again, post the screenshot of you spending that much plat, and I'll edit this post afterwards.

Madstar
02-12-2013, 08:20 AM
I like how NO one has asked for a screenshot of his plat history. I'll believe this when I see hard proof. Otherwise, it's just a false ploy to push up the price of hammerjaw eggs. Good try though. Again, post the screenshot of you spending that much plat, and I'll edit this post afterwards.

Oh, I didn't think about that. I totally agree. This happened a lot in my previous MMORPG's. Benji, make us believe it, or like the post above says, it's a lie to make price rise (it will not happen anyways).

helokittie
02-12-2013, 08:25 AM
rich dude......spending that much on an egg@@ :encouragement:Lol anyway

aBenji
02-12-2013, 08:29 AM

I have 3 screenys here if you would be kind enough on how to upload via andriod. Galaxy s3...anyone?

Madstar
02-12-2013, 08:31 AM
I have 3 screenys here if you would be kind enough on how to upload via andriod. Galaxy s3...anyone?

If you use Tapatalk, you can see an ''image'' icon that you can click on. It's pretty simple. If not, just go on your computer and do it through there.

Xenois
02-12-2013, 08:32 AM

I didn't say do it now? I said upload it. Didn't give a timeframe. Are you saying you don't own a computer to upload screenshots with?

And better yet, just so that excuse doesn't occur, use Photobucket Mobile. http://photobucket.com/mobile/index/ That should solve your problem without a minute to waste.

aBenji
02-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I didn't say do it now? I said upload it. Didn't give a timeframe. Are you saying you don't own a computer to upload screenshots with?

And better yet, just so that excuse doesn't occur, use Photobucket Mobile. http://photobucket.com/mobile/index/ That should solve your problem without a minute to waste.

Happy now? That was a nightmare to do on my phone......XD

Madstar
02-12-2013, 09:03 AM
All I can say is that you are crazy to spend that much of money for a virtual pet. $600 dollars? That is insane. You could feed a whole village in Africa with that, but no, you spend it for one single virtual pet. Lol. :peaceful:

aBenji
02-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Work hard play hard. I know people who spend 1000 bucks a weekend on drugs. I spend 600 on a virtual pet which will last alot longer. 600 Bucks is around a day wage for me. So nothing major there. Not going to try justify anything to anyone you all have your own oppinions on it just dont need flame on the post please . This is just giving everyone an insight :)

Madstar
02-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Work hard play hard. I know people who spend 1000 bucks a weekend on drugs. I spend 600 on a virtual pet which will last alot longer. 600 Bucks is around a day wage for me. So nothing major there. Not going to try justify anything to anyone you all have your own oppinions on it just dont need flame on the post please . This is just giving everyone an insight :)

Like you said yourself, it is my opinion on it. Not a ''flame''. ;)

xcainnblecterx
02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
I couldve bought alot pf beer and vodka for $600. Grats......i giess

Tilax
02-12-2013, 10:04 AM
$540 for a Hammerjaw egg...*faints*

abekrivy
02-12-2013, 10:24 AM
I can think of a whole lot of other things to spend over 500 bucks on instead of some game on my phone...

hippl
02-12-2013, 10:34 AM
After cap raise less people will want to buy hammerjaw, cause they will not face season deadline (don't need AP), and dropable mythic and arcane items will come out. Therefore hammerjaw becomes a toy for rich folks.
P.S. About amount of money spent on game - guys, don't count other people's money.

xcainnblecterx
02-12-2013, 12:57 PM
How one person is spending their money is up to them, but just saying it is alot and i would've done something else

aBenji
02-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Money wasn't ment to be the issue here guys. Like I already said I am lucky enough to have disposable income and can spend it on whatever i like :)

Energizeric
02-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Be happy we have folks that spend money like this. It allows STS to make some money and not have to look for other ways to charge us for things.

Busterbiebe
02-12-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm going to b laughing so hard when I see hammerjaw in cs for 5k in about 5 years LOL

aBenji
02-12-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm going to b laughing so hard when I see hammerjaw in cs for 5k in about 5 years LOL
It never will be 5k. And why would you laugh at something costing 5k?

Madstar
02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Won't be 5k in 5 years, but will be 500k - 2 mil MAX after fews weeks after new expansion.

Shellkaz
02-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I agree. It is your money to spend how you like. I do the same thing. I don't have quite as much disposable income, but I have enough to get plat for the things that I want. Right now, Hammerjaw just doesn't interest me enough to want to pay that much for him.

Each of us has our own definition of fun, and limits on what we are willing to spend on what ever we define as "fun". For aBenji, it's AL & the hunt for Hammerjaw. For me, it would be upgrades to my guild hall. To a another person it would be something entirely different.

Good luck to you aBenji, I hope you don't have to spend anywhere near as much for your next egg. :-).

Kokonani
02-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I, as a fan and a player of STS games (currently AL), would like to thank you for keeping STS artist, programmers, managers, etc. employed so they can continue to maintain and update their games. However, I, as a regular working slob, have to cringe at the amount of money you just spend. Then again, like I said above, you are helping support all of our habits. So, thank you.

Limsi
02-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Do whatever you want and for that continuous persistence, I salute you.

Rare
02-13-2013, 11:43 AM

Waitwaitwait... you think STS will still be updating this game in 3 years? Let alone 5? The track record is not great. :cower:

[Sisu]Craphe
02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
smd, i know a better and much cheaper way to get a hammerjaw. Buy Deary at auction and rename him for free to "Hammerjaw". I have like three hammerjaws.

Roberto077
02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
*opens 1 chest*
*sees thread*
*quits life*

Madstar
02-13-2013, 12:37 PM
*opens 1 chest*
*sees thread*
*quits life*

*Heals*

Oh hey Roberto!

mafiainc42
02-13-2013, 12:41 PM
I, as a fan and a player of STS games (currently AL), would like to thank you for keeping STS artist, programmers, managers, etc. employed so they can continue to maintain and update their games. However, I, as a regular working slob, have to cringe at the amount of money you just spend. Then again, like I said above, you are helping support all of our habits. So, thank you.

say this in 6 months bud.. quack quack.

LwMark
02-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Honestly 500$ is really nothin to a gorwn adult who works, but for a kid its alot, if i had money to blow i would in a heart beat!

Rare
02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Honestly 500$ is really nothin to a gorwn adult who works, but for a kid its alot, if i had money to blow i would in a heart beat!

Agree to disagree. lol

Roberto077
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
*Heals*

Oh hey Roberto!

*Throws computer out window*

*stomps on ashes*

inkredible
02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Thats a little too much.. lol
Not everyone got that much spare money to spend about $1000 on arcane, this is just ridiculous LOL but yah if u have the money why not

inkredible
02-13-2013, 03:40 PM

yeah that is true because i make more than double that money in one pay check (biweekly) but also.... really a little bit too ridiculous to spending that much on a game, theres a lot of things better in real life LOL save that for a better car

LwMark
02-13-2013, 04:50 PM

yeah that is true because i make more than double that money in one pay check (biweekly) but also.... really a little bit too ridiculous to spending that much on a game, theres a lot of things better in real life LOL save that for a better car

They already got a better car? Maybe ;)

Darko
02-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Honestly ive used 2500 plat already. No egg.... not as much as him but still... they should u p the abilities foe it beinf th is rare

Energizeric
02-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Yeah, but if they change the drop rate, then you will piss off the people who already spent a ton of plat. I think at this point you just have to leave it as is. So not everyone will have hammerjaw. But there will be other arcane pets/items I'm sure, so this one will be super rare. And every once in a while there will be one for sale in the CS, but you can expect it will cost a fortune. Nothing wrong with that. I kind of like it. :)

In fact, I think it would be cool if all arcane items are this rare. Then when you finally get one, if you are lucky enough or if you put in enough time farming to save up the gold, then it will actually mean something instead of just being so common that everyone has one.

LwMark
02-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah, but if they change the drop rate, then you will piss off the people who already spent a ton of plat. I think at this point you just have to leave it as is. So not everyone will have hammerjaw. But there will be other arcane pets/items I'm sure, so this one will be super rare. And every once in a while there will be one for sale in the CS, but you can expect it will cost a fortune. Nothing wrong with that. I kind of like it. :)

In fact, I think it would be cool if all arcane items are this rare. Then when you finally get one, if you are lucky enough or if you put in enough time farming to save up the gold, then it will actually mean something instead of just being so common that everyone has one.

Leave it as is?!?!?!??!? HahahahhahahaHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH Ahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahlololololahhahahhaha

They didnt care about that when they screwed everyone with dragon sets!!!! People paid
35, 40, 45, 50, 60 MILLION!!!!
An now they are 2-5m a piece, an drop multiples to people in one day.
(Also i say this not as a person who lost ANY money from dragons, im sayin this cause ive talked to many people who were upset, even a couple who quit)
For weeksssss dragons were rareee, people farmin an merchin looking for them, spending tooonnnnsss of elexiers to get rerolls, an sts knew drops were low, an knew people were selllin for out of cap amounts. And let it happen for a while and just said "dont trade anythin u cant fit in trade window".
Why didnt they do anythin as soon as they started seeing scams of people.doin trade but just not doin other half of deal.when it was a obvious problem. Knowin drops were low.
They could of helped people before people lost tons of HARD EARNED gold or got scammed. But they waiteddddd. And waiteddd. No one would of spent that much when a couple days or weeks later they raised rates an everyone gotem an they dirt cheap.

Leave it as is? Not everyone will have a hammerjaw???

Lol

BUT EVERYONE CRIED

wahh, boohoo, specially the people who do 10 runs an expect dragons to drop an didnt wana put in work, or merch up a bunch of goal, just wanted it handed over.

Im not mad i just think the post was funny

Now ill wait till people cry sayin hammerjaw to rare to hard to get please drop rates only rich people can get it

Imwatchingyou
02-16-2013, 02:22 AM
I'm kinda glad I read this thread. It eases the pain on my 500 plat lost. Meh, I'm happy. Got legends to sell and the money funds STS <3 = more content.

sthith
02-16-2013, 06:28 AM
just stop wasting your money bro.

Pokechmp
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
10k plat? Lol I don't even have 10k gold. I'm poor (insert "okay” meme here)

Mrsberry
02-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Not judging you on what you spend on a game you have the extra money so why not. But I think its disgusting that space time would let someone spend that much without any reward or at least a free hammer jaw. Sts is laughing at you all the way to the bank.

LwMark
02-16-2013, 01:48 PM
There not laughin, they are smilin and thanking

kevztorres
02-16-2013, 02:21 PM
10200 Plat = $540.00

in my country i can make a living on that money loool

kevztorres
02-16-2013, 02:22 PM
If you got plenty of spare cash, I got plenty of ideas needing spare cash...

nice :))

darthdlo
02-16-2013, 08:42 PM

Leave it as is?!?!?!??!? HahahahhahahaHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH Ahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahlololololahhahahhaha

They didnt care about that when they screwed everyone with dragon sets!!!! People paid
35, 40, 45, 50, 60 MILLION!!!!
An now they are 2-5m a piece, an drop multiples to people in one day.
(Also i say this not as a person who lost ANY money from dragons, im sayin this cause ive talked to many people who were upset, even a couple who quit)
For weeksssss dragons were rareee, people farmin an merchin looking for them, spending tooonnnnsss of elexiers to get rerolls, an sts knew drops were low, an knew people were selllin for out of cap amounts. And let it happen for a while and just said "dont trade anythin u cant fit in trade window".
Why didnt they do anythin as soon as they started seeing scams of people.doin trade but just not doin other half of deal.when it was a obvious problem. Knowin drops were low.
They could of helped people before people lost tons of HARD EARNED gold or got scammed. But they waiteddddd. And waiteddd. No one would of spent that much when a couple days or weeks later they raised rates an everyone gotem an they dirt cheap.

Leave it as is? Not everyone will have a hammerjaw???

Lol

BUT EVERYONE CRIED

wahh, boohoo, specially the people who do 10 runs an expect dragons to drop an didnt wana put in work, or merch up a bunch of goal, just wanted it handed over.

Im not mad i just think the post was funny

Now ill wait till people cry sayin hammerjaw to rare to hard to get please drop rates only rich people can get it

I totally agree I was one of those ppl who got screwed on 3 very very hard earned sets. That is y I will never trust sts with high dollar items ever again.

gundamsone
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Fact is dragon vanities were loot-able drops and everyone had pretty much an equal opportunity to loot them.
Hammerjaw is different as it is a pet only lootable with plat.

In both cases people have the option and are re-selling them for tremendous amounts.

When STS increased drop rates, you can't say people were at a loss (unless you value your gold = to plat), but in this case if they increase drop rates on Hammerjaw people will complain.

You really can't expect a NON DISCONTINUED item to keep rising up can you? Dragon vanities were overinflated and many forumers purposely made fake selling and buying threads to boost their own armors in price.

digitalbot
02-16-2013, 09:47 PM
me personally like the way sts has super rare pet.
dark legends example and albino bats still are so rare and will always be worth 3-4mil thats 5-6 mil in AL
the thing is..
why cant you sts, have it as like in DL? litteraly farm two months for a pet drop.. instead of plat..
just throw somethin in game with 00.1 loot rate

Aleighton
02-20-2013, 12:08 AM
A lot more than I spent trying to get one, I might give it another round after the cap raise (but maybe not). Glad to see the people that have probably spent the most aren't complaining, but actually (at least how I read it) happy that there are items that rare.

Devs, don't change a thing. Keep the drops for Arcane items (I'm assuming some are coming this cap raise) the same as it is now. I really like the idea of hard to get items. Just one request, unlike pinks, any items should be useful. There are plenty of pinks out there that don't match with their class, that's fine for pinks, but with items this rare they should be the best items around and the most useful. No crap Arcane (or even mythic) items please.

Completely agreed. I don't know the stats on hammerjaw's arcane or passives, but just his regular stats are WORSE than my kettle, which sells for 50k at auction, cheapest.

My bfs lvl 21 warrior has all epic(blue) armor and its as good (or better) than 99% of the pinks out there, including ALL of the new pirate armor. He might as well spend on the old winters fury stuff than farm/open locked chests/buy new pirate stuff.

That makes no sense!

Its like someone else above said, for that price, Hammer jaw better be in my bathtub makin' some moonshine!

Odinbr
02-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Just to tell you guys,THERE IS NO CRAP ARCANE ITEM.So do with Hammerjaw.This shark is insane in pvp.My guess is the damage from hammerjaw is like 90-100 maybe?Thats why hammerjaw is also "insanely" expansive

aBenji
02-20-2013, 01:22 AM
I am going to get another will keep you all updated on how much more plat it takes ;) waiting for a plat sale hopefully with level cap

Origin
02-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Still not as bad as a Fabergé egg. ;-) Grats on hammerjaw.

aBenji
02-23-2013, 06:52 AM
used another 3400 plat no egg. I'm done with hammerjaw egg now. Just going to buy one for cash in game :)! PM me if you know anyone selling. Thanks

gundamsone
02-23-2013, 07:00 AM
hey have u looted any mccraw eggs off those 3400 plat?