PDA

View Full Version : Should we all move to AL?

ManWithStyle
02-12-2013, 02:17 AM
dang this game not getting updated .. arcane legends 100 updates a week jeeeeez

Prototypedwar
02-12-2013, 02:44 AM
PL also gets updated, just not as often as AL (mostly because AL just was released). There is no reason to "move" to AL ..

Waug
02-12-2013, 04:46 AM
mostly because AL just was released

The facts are opposite, al is hot atm, also means generating good amount of revenue, devs already stated they're working hard to feed that fire that does not mean pl won't get updated though but less care, live it or move with the tide.

Prototypedwar
02-12-2013, 05:00 AM
The facts are opposite, al is hot atm, also means generating good amount of revenue, devs already stated they're working hard to feed that fire that does not mean pl won't get updated though but less care, live it or move with the tide.

that is what i was trying to say

Waug
02-12-2013, 05:03 AM
where you will invest not only time but also money? friends? even arch enemies?

Indeed.

I sometime don't get your purpose lol, though, these are facts.

But obviously as new compare to other well established game dev companies, STS making few mistakes,

McBain
02-12-2013, 06:22 AM
1. Guildwars 2
2. World of Warcraft
3. Elder Scrolls Online (sign up in their BETA now if you want)
4. Rift Online
5. DC Universe Online
6. The Secret World
7. TERA Online
8. Final Fantasy XIV (mid-2013, original version got scrapped, but expect greater things, they totally remade the game with new team etc.)
9. Neverwinter Online (2013)
10. Starwars: The Old Republic

Here's the thing: all those games (except for Star Wars, I think) cost $$ to play. Sure, you can spend money on plat in STS games, but it's not necessary to enjoy the game. I, for one, have barely ever bought plat in 2 years (sorry STS :p ). At the very least, you're not charged anything to try it out and see if it's for you, whereas with the games you listed you have to plunk down real money to even get your foot in the door. And the biggest difference: none of those games are available for mobile and/or touchscreen devices. The ease of touchscreen and convenience of mobile playability make STS games very appealing to a large market of gamers. Yeah, they're not the most cutting-edge gaming experiences out there, but they offer some important features that the other "bigger and better" online rpgs don't.

As for PL updates, we got 2 new classes to play, elite quests/maps, and a holiday event within the past month and a half. I think it might be a tad over-dramatic to be worrying about PL being ignored just yet.

MightyMicah
02-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Here's the thing: all those games (except for Star Wars, I think) cost $$ to play. Sure, you can spend money on plat in STS games, but it's not necessary to enjoy the game. I, for one, have barely ever bought plat in 2 years (sorry STS :p ). At the very least, you're not charged anything to try it out and see if it's for you, whereas with the games you listed you have to plunk down real money to even get your foot in the door. And the biggest difference: none of those games are available for mobile and/or touchscreen devices. The ease of touchscreen and convenience of mobile playability make STS games very appealing to a large market of gamers. Yeah, they're not the most cutting-edge gaming experiences out there, but they offer some important features that the other "bigger and better" online rpgs don't.

As for PL updates, we got 2 new classes to play, elite quests/maps, and a holiday event within the past month and a half. I think it might be a tad over-dramatic to be worrying about PL being ignored just yet.

A good dose of common sense goes a long way. Well written!

While I think that the population is certainly declining, the op only mentioned updates. We've been getting updates. I just updated through a Valentines patch like two days ago? The only reason I'd move is if the population declines so much that I can't pvp.

Extreme
02-12-2013, 07:40 AM
give sts a time ... why are you guys keep complaining?? AL is still a new game as some said.... Relax sts will update PL=D

xcainnblecterx
02-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Tes online looks like its goin be a.epic mmo

XghostzX
02-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Thing is with me, if my parents caught me playing an MMO on the desktop all day, they'd get pissed and take it away. That's why I love playing mobile... There's so much potential for this game.

MightyMicah
02-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Thing is with me, if my parents caught me playing an MMO on the desktop all day, they'd get pissed and take it away. That's why I love playing mobile... There's so much potential for this game.

Hahaha wow

Suentous PO
02-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Brick reminds me of when the military would be recruiting at my high school.
Cammoflauge guy- "say son do you know you can have a promising career in one of several branches of the military?"
me "ok, by-by"

Cavoc
02-12-2013, 09:43 AM
No.

Waug
02-12-2013, 10:11 AM
lololol so true, don't get caught sneaker.

wammm
02-12-2013, 11:47 AM
NO.

Spyce
02-12-2013, 12:29 PM
No.
PL is BES..

Multibird
02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
PL is the game I come to when I'm bored.....

iRusher
02-12-2013, 06:21 PM
No.
PL is BES..

Lies, SL is.

LwMark
02-12-2013, 06:28 PM
dang this game not getting updated .. arcane legends 100 updates a week jeeeeez

AL Update tomorow ;)

Spyce
02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Lies, SL is.

I actually I like SL but I can't find a buddy to play with.
How's Order and Chaos going?
I might play this weekend.

Roberto077
02-13-2013, 01:44 PM
:) xD XD XP :D D: :( :/ :] \(O.O)/ no

Gaabelec22
02-13-2013, 03:22 PM
I started playing al before pl and i have to say if you like pl alotmyou will not be disappointed forsure just give it a try :)

NotYoCookiez
02-13-2013, 03:56 PM
I think we all should go to AL but not for the reasons you stated lol.

Arcane has better graphic and a better "daily reward" system! Plus tons of players are on AL so I say follow the crowd :)

Bunnyshoota
02-13-2013, 04:02 PM

Suentous PO
02-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Reasons I can't get into al:
Can't rotate camera
I don't want to "charge", it's a button, your suppose to be able to just press it.
I like pl auto attack.
Joining games/friends could be easier.
I think I could ignore anything, if I could just rotate camera.

Brave Sir Robin
02-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Can't rotate camera
I don't want to "charge", it's a button, your suppose to be able to just press it.
I like pl auto attack.

Yes, the main reason I don't play AL.

What's the point of 3D if we can't rotate? And it's 2013...

Prototypedwar
02-14-2013, 09:31 AM
AL is like a polished and improved version of DL (without vampires)

cookiez
02-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Can't rotate camera
I like pl auto attack.

Exactly! This is what I HATE!!!!! It's just awful to see such a good game get ruined! I hate charging I hate no rotation and I hate no auto attack! I can't control who my ice ball hits! If I'm in pvp and I'm trying to just target 1 person, it's impossible" if sts fixes these I'll definitely play

Griffinfan
02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
No. gf

Roberto077
02-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Hahahaha I'm still laughing at the reasoning of this post.... Now, isn't this thread pointless and bound to get closed?

Chopper
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
No. gf

ok, what does gf mean?

I thought it meant girlfriend

Suentous PO
02-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Gf=good fight and/or girlfriend .

Having no rotating kinda makes it like a side scroll game, which I have never gotten into. It's the difference between an open world and a maze in my book.

IanJones
02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
PL has gotten a few slight updates in the last few months but unless you want to start the game completely over with the Fox or Rhino, there isn't anything else to do. I, like most PL players, have been Lv76 with the best gear and dragon suit for over 2 months and there isn't anything to do but farm gold/items. Everyone is moving to AL, so if the game sucks or not, you still have to follow the crowd if you enjoy playing with others in the MMO sense. The last few Vampire Feast runs I did in PL were solo, and it's LAME. I like FULL CREWS! PL needs to make a giant update and make Lv90 the cap in order to spare them some time while they work on AL and whatever else. PL is the original and they need to cater to those players or they'll all leave, or you might as well just retire the game and leave it at 76 for the few people that find it in the App store and give it a try.

I actually signed onto the forums today to start this thread and it was already at the top LOL!

Chopper
02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
PL has gotten a few slight updates in the last few months but unless you want to start the game completely over with the Fox or Rhino, there isn't anything else to do. I, like most PL players, have been Lv76 with the best gear and dragon suit for over 2 months and there isn't anything to do but farm gold/items. Everyone is moving to AL, so if the game sucks or not, you still have to follow the crowd if you enjoy playing with others in the MMO sense. The last few Vampire Feast runs I did in PL were solo, and it's LAME. I like FULL CREWS! PL needs to make a giant update and make Lv90 the cap in order to spare them some time while they work on AL and whatever else. PL is the original and they need to cater to those players or they'll all leave, or you might as well just retire the game and leave it at 76 for the few people that find it in the App store and give it a try.

I actually signed onto the forums today to start this thread and it was already at the top LOL!

yeah, nicely put. Nothing left to do. Dragon vanities drop too few for me to waste anymore time on them. A huge level update would help add more content in other than one new campaign.

Roberto077
02-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Darn.... There was this really good quote I wanted to use but I can't find the thread.... It goes something like this...

So after two new classes, winterfest, a new PvP map, 2 new skill points, and the Valentines vanities, you think the game hasn't been updated? STS has been working hard to get us all sorts of updates for all the games and you are saying that they quit?

ARTH THOU NOT ENTERTAINED??!?!?!

Roberto077
02-14-2013, 03:33 PM
How 'bout an elite map for L55? Too bad, AL is getting a cap then class balances and then comes PL.

XghostzX
02-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Hahahaha I'm still laughing at the reasoning of this post.... Now, isn't this thread pointless and bound to get closed?

Eh, chill out Rob. It's the community's way of saying we are neglected. I miss a ton of the old devs, I can't even get any supported prizes for my tournament....

And is this greed? No. It's not. We've waited patiently for change, paid our money... It's not greed anymore.

Noelx
02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
We all know everyone is just shifting to AL day by day.

NotYoCookiez
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
For those complaing about charging and no rotatations, of course you won't like it at first because your so used to PL. the way the camera moves in AL is fine, you aren't missing out on anything. And the charge attack you will just have to get used too..

Suentous PO
02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Darn.... There was this really good quote I wanted to use but I can't find the thread.... It goes something like this...

So after two new classes, winterfest, a new PvP map, 2 new skill points, and the Valentines vanities, you think the game hasn't been updated? STS has been working hard to get us all sorts of updates for all the games and you are saying that they quit?

ARTH THOU NOT ENTERTAINED??!?!?!

Jus need the pic

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/71F4F2DB-1FA5-490E-9B46-B352D5350E46-1120-000002AD99DDA682.jpg
Credit: Mcbain, from the (locked) thread -is pl the new sl

XghostzX
02-14-2013, 04:43 PM
For those complaing about charging and no rotatations, of course you won't like it at first because your so used to PL. the way the camera moves in AL is fine, you aren't missing out on anything. And the charge attack you will just have to get used too..

Eh, honestly cookie, I think people try to make up excuses in order to stay in PL and to prevent people from moving to AL. (I may be wrong of course, but this would only be natural behavior).

People will intentionally point out the negatives of AL in order to make PL look better... but eh, ya know...

Suentous PO
02-14-2013, 04:49 PM
No reason to get used to a pebble in my shoe, I remove it.
Not being able to rotate means I can't allways click on, or even see some things on screen. It limits my ability, and impares judgment somewhat. Just trying to click on a npc is rediculous, I must sit there and wait for fools to not be standing on what I want to interact with. I still have probs w/ Ihe way auto attack being non consistant.
I capped there, I didn't just form a hasty opinion.
If you have fun there cool, enjoy. I'm sticking to what I enjoy more.

Suentous PO
02-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Eh, honestly cookie, I think people try to make up excuses in order to stay in PL and to prevent people from moving to AL. (I may be wrong of course, but this would only be natural behavior).

People will intentionally point out the negatives of AL in order to make PL look better... but eh, ya know...

I have no vested interest in what others do, nor do I intend to tell them how to think. I'm just offering my opinion. It's all sts anyhow, I'm not telling you to play guild wars lol

NotYoCookiez
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
You can talk to the npc by using the auto attack button when you are close by it.

But like I said, it just takes getting used too. I thought the exact same way you did before, but I actually tried it out longer now and understand more, now it's fun!

PL is still a really awesome game, and so is AL, so why not enjoy both? xD
Playing one game alone kinda gets repetitive IMO

McBain
02-14-2013, 05:48 PM
There's no reason anyone can't play both games. If you're bored with PL, go play something else. Maybe you'll like it and maybe you won't. People may be going from PL to AL right now, but a lot of it is temporary. Once the next PL campaign comes, a lot of those people will come back. The same thing has happened in the past with all the other newer STS games. Back when SL was new, there were these exact same threads saying "should I switch to SL?" Ditto with DL.

Suentous PO
02-14-2013, 05:55 PM
You can talk to the npc by using the auto attack button when you are close by it.

But like I said, it just takes getting used too. I thought the exact same way you did before, but I actually tried it out longer now and understand more, now it's fun!

PL is still a really awesome game, and so is AL, so why not enjoy both? xD
Playing one game alone kinda gets repetitive IMO
Thx for the npc tip! I still stick by what I said, life's too short to get used to anything you don't enjoy.
I say all this hoping one day, I will be able to "turn my neck " there, because the devs took our suggestion. I don't think anyone would be annoyed at the option to do that, however the lack of an option is a deterrent to me and others, so devs might want to know.
I'll play both a lil, prolly but in my opinion all al has over pl is graphics atm. Oh and pvp maybe

XghostzX
02-14-2013, 06:23 PM
I have no vested interest in what others do, nor do I intend to tell them how to think. I'm just offering my opinion. It's all sts anyhow, I'm not telling you to play guild wars lol

I know what you mean... but by trying to reassure others to play, then you're trying to reassure yourself... basically a form of denial.

Suentous PO
02-14-2013, 07:10 PM
I know what you mean... but by trying to reassure others to play, then you're trying to reassure yourself... basically a form of denial.

I'm a lil confused by this^^
I'm not trying to get anyone to play anything, nor would I need to reassure myself of what is my opinion. I don't see what I could be denying unless your telling me I'm lying to myself, which you can't know.
Again my only intent is that devs can gather info on players opinions and make thir own decissions, which they will, or have.

XghostzX
02-14-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm a lil confused by this^^
I'm not trying to get anyone to play anything, nor would I need to reassure myself of what is my opinion. I don't see what I could be denying unless your telling me I'm lying to myself, which you can't know.
Again my only intent is that devs can gather info on players opinions and make thir own decissions, which they will, or have.

Yes, and I never said that was your intent, I'm simply saying that the situation for many others.

Phoenixking
02-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Yes, and I never said that was your intent, I'm simply saying that the situation for many others.
I thought majority's intent was to show their opinion on a game, those who argue obsessively about it are wut you said earlier

Suentous PO
02-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Ah, I misunderstood having been quoted. Sorry, gotcha now.

Libria
02-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Can't rotate camera

I'll give you that. You do get used to it, but no one would grieve if they unveiled that feature tomorrow. In Elite Tower, Mardron sometimes moves to the lower left or behind a huge pillar and I can't see my character. In PL, you just rotate; in AL you're stuck. Drops can also end up there and your pet sometimes won't pick them up. I've prob lost a few pinks that way.

I like charge. There's more strategy; you can stack crit tapping Aim Shot, or charge up Time Shift for the additional benefits. Going back to PL it feels like I'm playing wack-a-mole with my spells just trying to hit em all.

I like pl auto attack.

Would be nice, but again it's strategy as your primary attack can be charged, too. There's also no auto-aim. A stray shot can accidentally attract a crowd of elite archers so you have to point yourself correctly. Again, more strategy but the game then becomes less mobile friendly since it's not as easy to see on a 4-inch screen.

No argument. PUG's pretty much suck and lock ppl out once the timer starts. If 1 guy disconnects, nobody can easily take his place so ppl drop off quickly after that. I like PL's system much better. It allows for more ad-hoc enjoyment of the game. In AL you're forced to party with friends/guildies in order to join them in runs. It makes making friends hard IMO.

A couple other pro/cons:

Pro: Only 4 skills active at a time. This forces you to think hard and experiment with builds to find the best one for your current task (ie, XP, farming, elite runs, etc.).
Pro: Pet system. More ways to tune your character for support/damage/AOE
Pro: Passive skills. Yet another dimension to the game that allows for more tuning.
Pro: Chests. You can open them for a chance at a Legendary or sell them if you'd rather take the sure thing.
Con: Extra slots cost a fortune. Auction/stash/inventory, all of them cost way more than their PL counterparts.
Con: Some stats aren't listed, like h/s, m/s, weapon DPS.
Con: Weapons are meh. Too many of them; they can't be used across character classes; some armors have the same name but different stats which is confusing. New elite weapons have same stats as older elite weapons: redundant (yeah I know different procs).
Con: Mobile unfriendly. STS's whole schtick was mobile gaming. This thing does not run well on my Android, while PL runs quite smoothly. It's pretty much Chrome-only for me.

Honestly, I'm glad PL has cooled off a little. I don't have time for both AL and PL so it let's me put off the decision which one I'm gonna drop.

tldr; AL is more complex and has a richer gaming environment but is overall less mobile friendly and harder to play when you're just waiting in line at the grocery.

Suentous PO
02-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Good points Libria, and we are simply stating preference, each of us. In pl the style of play I prefer is pure dex high damage, high risk from low armor. Knowing what is likely to happen means being able to (seemingly) spam skills, but know how to use them to set up large situations(combos/megas), is the difference in strategy I see in the one tap-one-effect in PL.
Agreed (I think) more skills is more interesting, pets are cool, item names/stats are confusing in some cases, yah.
I'll try and withhold my opinion a bit, being that it's still very new compared to pl.