PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends Server Maintenance - Wed Feb 13th at 1:30 CST for 3 Hours

Samhayne
02-12-2013, 12:24 PM

Arcane Legends will come down for server maintenance starting on Wednesday, February 13th at 1:30 Central (2:30 PM Eastern / 11:30 AM Pacific / 19:30 UTC - GMT). Downtime is expected to last 2 hours. This downtime is for maintenance and is not associated with a game update.

Edit: The maintenance processes are running longer than expected. At this time, we anticipate that the total downtime will be 3 hours and that Arcane Legends will be back up at 4:30 PM Central (5:30 Eastern / 2:30 PM Pacific) Our apologies for the extended nature of the downtime and thanks in advance for your patience.

Valsacar
02-12-2013, 12:55 PM
I hoping it will help with the lag and high pings many have reported recently?

Vystirch
02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Glad it won't interfere with the wedding :)

Madstar
02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
What maintenance category? Connection issues?

Xenois
02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Definitely hope it's the connection issues.. I've been getting some ridiculously high ping at certain times...

harimaumalaya
02-12-2013, 03:12 PM
hopes fix the dam lagg

Lalarie
02-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Yep... hope it fixes lag at least! ;)

Samhayne
02-12-2013, 03:32 PM
For those who are complaining about latency or lag, if you're playing Arcane Legends and you have a bout of poor performance, you'll want to open up your window and check what the ping time is.

This is the roundtrip time it takes a packet of data to travel across the internet from where you live to where the game server is. If it is yellow or red in color, then your device is having trouble sending and receiving information from the server.

If you consistently have poor ping times, you might want to take the issue up with your internet service provider to see if they can route your traffic around trouble spots.

If the ping time is low (green) then maybe the poor performance is a problem with framerate on your device. Try turning off background applications to free up memory or going into your settings to reduce the graphics in an effort to help your device better display the game.

Hope that helps!

Lalarie
02-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Its not like I get lag everywhere, I only get while fighting big mobs or in pvp. Most of the time everywhere else it's fine, ;)

Arcanee
02-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Cheap internet also is slow most of the time. If you are like me with a tablet and have sprint network its LAGS bad but I also have time warner cable and run the tablet off wifi so It works perfect.

Energizeric
02-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Its not like I get lag everywhere, I only get while fighting big mobs or in pvp. Most of the time everywhere else it's fine, ;)

This sounds like low frame rate and is probably a result of a low end or older device, or could be that you have too many apps open at the same time. It means your processor is having trouble keeping up with the graphics when a lot of stuff is going on.

Vystirch
02-12-2013, 06:55 PM
This sounds like low frame rate and is probably a result of a low end or older device. It means your processor is having trouble keeping up with the graphics when a lot of stuff is going on. The only fix for that would be a new device.

Well same thing happens wo my iPad 3..... Not an old device.

Valsacar
02-12-2013, 08:39 PM
For those who are complaining about latency or lag, if you're playing Arcane Legends and you have a bout of poor performance, you'll want to open up your window and check what the ping time is.

This is the roundtrip time it takes a packet of data to travel across the internet from where you live to where the game server is. If it is yellow or red in color, then your device is having trouble sending and receiving information from the server.

If you consistently have poor ping times, you might want to take the issue up with your internet service provider to see if they can route your traffic around trouble spots.

If the ping time is low (green) then maybe the poor performance is a problem with framerate on your device. Try turning off background applications to free up memory or going into your settings to reduce the graphics in an effort to help your device better display the game.

Hope that helps!

I never had problems before a few updates back. My normal connection, at home, is 100MBps up/down (fiber, no limit or throttling). Of course you never actually get the real speed, but all tests put it around 80. If I'm on LTE at home I test out 20-30MBps easy. Nothing has changed on my device, no new applications, I monitor all usage stats to make sure my device is running the best it can. I was at a standard 100-130 ping, after the last few updates I get bursts into the thousands. I am currently on vacation back in the US, but the issues are almost identical.

I have tested using the lower graphics settings, but have not noticed any significant differences (besides the graphics look like crap and my battery lasts longer).

As I use Linux and Chrome I cannot use the web client to test if there are any differences. I use an SGSIII HD LTE (Korean model).

Please have the developers and your sysad/netad take another look at the logs. There are a number of people making these reports, and most of them only started after the last few updates.

I would be more than happy to lend any assistance in running any tests that may lead to a possible solution. You have my personal email, please feel free to contact me.

V/r,

Joseph M., CISSP, CEH, CCNA
MS: Information Security and Assurance (pending Thesis approval and defense)

Energizeric
02-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Well same thing happens wo my iPad 3..... Not an old device.

That seems really strange then. Ping rate is not dependent upon what is happening in a program. It is just the speed each packet takes to make a round trip. It is not dependent upon how many packets are moving.

You are saying that you only notice the ping rate go up when you are in certain places in the game? That doesn't seem possible. :/

EDIT: Is it possible that your ping rate is high all of the time but you only notice it when you are in certain places? Maybe it only effects your gameplay when there's lots of action going on. I think you need to check your ping rate in the upper left of the menu screen and monitor that. If it's always on the high side, then the issue is with your ISP.

Nugmasher
02-12-2013, 11:46 PM
I too have started to experience huge amounts of lag. There's no lag in the morning and during the day. It starts around 4:00pm eastern standard time. By 8:00 pm the lag is so bad the game is barely playable in pve or pvp. I am playing on a Galaxy 2 and play multiple other games and do not have this issue. I really enjoy playing this game and hope this can be fixed. Until it's fixed I'll be playing all day just can't play in the evenings until the issue's fixed. Best of luck and thank you for making such a great game.

Vystirch
02-13-2013, 09:32 AM
That seems really strange then. Ping rate is not dependent upon what is happening in a program. It is just the speed each packet takes to make a round trip. It is not dependent upon how many packets are moving.

You are saying that you only notice the ping rate go up when you are in certain places in the game? That doesn't seem possible. :/

EDIT: Is it possible that your ping rate is high all of the time but you only notice it when you are in certain places? Maybe it only effects your gameplay when there's lots of action going on. I think you need to check your ping rate in the upper left of the menu screen and monitor that. If it's always on the high side, then the issue is with your ISP.

My ping is normally 60-140, only in PvP or w4 do I experience lag and DCs.

Madstar
02-13-2013, 09:47 AM
I don't want that Maintenance, Lol. :o

Odinbr
02-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Haha glad it happened when I still having dream *go to sleep*

Smart
02-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Blarggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samhayne
02-13-2013, 02:44 PM
This maintenance is underway. Arcane Legends should be back by 3:30 PM Central or sooner. Thanks in advance for your patience!

KarminMirage
02-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Welp, at least it's not the expansion. I'm so close to the level cap, that would have sucked

LuizaKaja
02-13-2013, 02:46 PM
About 20 minutes before the message about the maintenance, I had about 70k ping (going higher every second) it was so bad that I couldn't even leave the game. Hope this gets fixed.

Lesmiserables
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Good chance the have 40 winks *_<

inkredible
02-13-2013, 03:21 PM
My ping is normally 60-140, only in PvP or w4 do I experience lag and DCs.

Yeah I agree.. however i did notice some difference when we got a diff router, i dont lag as much as before..
but yes it is still there.. sometimes my ping would go up to 100k.. no lie , it hasnt been doing much with this new router.. and ofcourse..
i have to be where there's strong signal.. which isnt in my room -_-

Apostar
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
I'll just be happy when it's done and I can get back to playtime he he he

TheBedtBird
02-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Hey devs try playing pocket legends at like 8:00 and 12:00a.m. thats when the lag begins for me. I live in Oklahoma so its about pretty much the same time:)

Cahaun
02-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I tried getting back on Arcane Legends last week and it subsequently froze on me. :p

I can't finish my compendium if I can't play the game! :eek:

I'm going to hop on again and see if the issue is fixed yet :)

Samhayne
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Update The maintenance processes are running longer than expected. At this time, we anticipate that the total downtime will be 3 hours and that Arcane Legends will be back up at 4:30 PM Central (5:30 Eastern / 2:30 PM Pacific). Our apologies for the extended nature of the downtime and thanks in advance for your patience.

Madstar
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Oh. Well, dang.

Xvanitykingx
02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Ummm.... Samhayne, Idk if this is normal and im pretty sure it could be but, when I open up Arcane Legends, It says: Uh oh, The Servers are up but for some reason you can't connect. Is this suposed to happen?

Chili
02-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Update The maintenance processes are running longer than expected. At this time, we anticipate that the total downtime will be 3 hours and that Arcane Legends will be back up at 4:30 PM Central (5:30 Eastern / 2:30 PM Pacific). Our apologies for the extended nature of the downtime and thanks in advance for your patience.

0.0 3 hours?

May the withdrawals begin... I already have sweaty palms... What's next? The shakes? :)

Lol I'm sitting here at work with absolutely nothing to do and no supers... So wanted to lvl... Lol

Fastorro
02-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Is it posible write hours in gmt format always!!! European people dont know eastern, center and pacifics times...

Wowsome
02-13-2013, 04:46 PM

I hope the CS clock was stopped :). Otherwise merchs lose 3 hrs of auction time.

Anedraky
02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
So... 22.30 gmt? Getting withdrawls here guys!

Warrior, anedraky... Rouge, spottycarton
Mage twink, anedrakyiii.

Santukon
02-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Is it posible write hours in gmt format always!!! European people dont know eastern, center and pacifics times...
Yes completly agree. I dont know it too.

Santukon
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM

Anyway i found out central is gmt-6
So we need 15 minutes more...

Apostar
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Server seems to be up but can't get passed the authentication screen. It just pause there for a real long time.

mafiainc42
02-13-2013, 05:18 PM
same problem awesome

Samhayne
02-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Maintenance is concluded and Arcane Legends is up. The login process is a bit backed up with the number of simultanious users attempting to all get in at the same time. Once the initial stampede is over (give it a few minutes) everything will be back to normal.

Thank you all very much for your understanding and patience during this maintenance.

harimaumalaya
02-13-2013, 05:21 PM
not open yet?

harimaumalaya
02-13-2013, 05:22 PM
ready go!!

Madstar
02-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Go play you say?

Pffft..

IM ALREADY BEATING UP LORD MADROM atm. :boxing:

Feoria
02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
I am still getting the Uh oh, servers are up but for some reason you are not connecting. Obviously my Internet is up and running fine. Otherwise I could not connect to this forum. I have renewed my lease. disconnected entirely and reconnected. Still no connection. it is 9:30 PM EST Could it be that maintenance is still on going?

Marrypoppins
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
It was fixed, however it seems to have been down again for a short time.

Lady_Pebbles
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
I am still getting the Uh oh, servers are up but for some reason you are not connecting. Obviously my Internet is up and running fine. Otherwise I could not connect to this forum. I have renewed my lease. disconnected entirely and reconnected. Still no connection. it is 9:30 PM EST Could it be that maintenance is still on going?

Im having the same issue.

Gameplay
02-13-2013, 09:44 PM
It's back go play