PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Stun

Energizeric
02-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm starting to think something is wrong with my sorcerer's build. I keep hearing folks say that sorcerers can keep them stunned, but I've not yet been able to figure out how to do this, not even once.

My skills are Fireball, Lightning, Frost and Lifegiver, and I use a Watch Rifle of Force as my weapon. I've tried over and over all of these skills plus the regular weapon attack, both charged and uncharged. And the only one which ever consistently causes a stun is the charged fireball. The problem is that the stun is shorter than the cool-down of the skill, so I cannot keep anyone stunned.

The only other skill effects I have seen besides the charged fireball stun are the following:

1) Charged Frost -- on rare occasion this causes the enemies in the area of effect to be slowed a little bit.

2) Charged Watch Rifle Attack - about 25% of the time this results in the "push" proc which does not stun but pushes them back a little.

My stats are full INT with 2 passives in INT as well.

So can someone please tell me what I need to change in order to keep enemies stunned? Because I've never been able to do it, not even once in a while.

thekdub
02-13-2013, 12:40 AM
I have a similar build, but have replaced LG with shield. It is possible to keep a rogue or mage stunned:
1) Charged fireball
2) Frost
3) Lightning
4) Charged regular attack
5) One more skill and their probably dead.

That charged regular attack does not stun all the time, however. When it works, it looks like you can keep a rogue or mage stunned b/c you kill them relatively quickly. Against a warrior, however, you would have to chain so many of the charged regular attacks that it's highly improbable. More than likely they skyward smash you before you even get it off. Then you're stunned and whirlwind does you in.

Energizeric
02-13-2013, 01:25 AM
I have a similar build, but have replaced LG with shield. It is possible to keep a rogue or mage stunned:
1) Charged fireball
2) Frost
3) Lightning
4) Charged regular attack
5) One more skill and their probably dead.

That charged regular attack does not stun all the time, however. When it works, it looks like you can keep a rogue or mage stunned b/c you kill them relatively quickly. Against a warrior, however, you would have to chain so many of the charged regular attacks that it's highly improbable. More than likely they skyward smash you before you even get it off. Then you're stunned and whirlwind does you in.

Yeah, this is what I usually do. If I can get off the Fireball before the rogue hits me (a very big "IF"), then I can win 90% of the time by finishing them off before they recover from the stun. But for warriors it seems hopeless.

gundamsone
02-13-2013, 02:15 AM
This early on into the game and we're already experiencing the effects of OP.
It's prob best for us all if all damage is lowered proportionality across all 3 classes.
Either that or a boost in HP for all classes so fights would last longer.

A class should NOT be able to kill a user whilst they're stunned for 2s nor should a class be able to 1 hit another player nor should a class be able to tank multiple players and run away without a scratch.

I hate to say this but I think people are tired of a pvp system that's more dependent on luck rather than actual skills.

birdmasta
02-13-2013, 02:29 AM
sorc use actual skill to pvp. only war and rogue dont. rogue is all about the crit and if u beat opponent in pressing buttons. warrior is no skill at all not even luck... just a MASSIVE SPAM OF BUTTONS... smash, whirlwind, auto, repeat......................

It's prob best for us all if all damage is lowered proportionality across all 3 classes.

A class should NOT be able to kill a user whilst they're stunned for 2s nor should a class be able to 1 hit another player nor should a class be able to tank multiple players and run away without a scratch.

I hate to say this but I think people are tired of a pvp system that's more dependent on luck rather than actual skills.

gundamsone
02-13-2013, 02:35 AM
I disagree with you nor am I saying sorc's dont require skill.
I'm still finding new ways to beat a good mages like yourself and i'm sure there is one (w/o the aid of bandages)

...If I can get off the Fireball before the rogue hits me (a very big "IF"), then I can win 90% of the time by finishing them off before they recover from the stun...
Judging by this post, it seems like he's saying as long as he gets a stun on fireball he wins the fight.
Simple shield before fireball will negate rogues from 1 hitting you. So either stun is OP or energizeric is OP or the pvp system needs a fix... you tell me

If you got time let's 1v1 suspense, but use your l16 rogue on me. I'll show you there's more to the Rogue class than lucky crits.

Infrico
02-13-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm starting to think something is wrong with my sorcerer's build. I keep hearing folks say that sorcerers can keep them stunned, but I've not yet been able to figure out how to do this, not even once.

My skills are Fireball, Lightning, Frost and Lifegiver, and I use a Watch Rifle of Force as my weapon. I've tried over and over all of these skills plus the regular weapon attack, both charged and uncharged. And the only one which ever consistently causes a stun is the charged fireball. The problem is that the stun is shorter than the cool-down of the skill, so I cannot keep anyone stunned.

The only other skill effects I have seen besides the charged fireball stun are the following:

1) Charged Frost -- on rare occasion this causes the enemies in the area of effect to be slowed a little bit.

2) Charged Watch Rifle Attack - about 25% of the time this results in the "push" proc which does not stun but pushes them back a little.

My stats are full INT with 2 passives in INT as well.

So can someone please tell me what I need to change in order to keep enemies stunned? Because I've never been able to do it, not even once in a while.

Always ALWAYS charge auto-attack, because it always stuns. The push-back effect even works with non-charged auto-attacks, that is not the purpose of it, the stun is. The only time it wont stun is when the enemy is already stunned then you instantly charge it and attack him within that duration, therefore you have to time it to a point as soon as he gets out stun.

Bless
02-13-2013, 03:05 AM
sorc use actual skill to pvp. only war and rogue dont. rogue is all about the crit and if u beat opponent in pressing buttons. warrior is no skill at all not even luck... just a MASSIVE SPAM OF BUTTONS... smash, whirlwind, auto, repeat......................
In twinking Crits are NOTHING 6% crit? Shemurr!

The way I see it, and Ik I'll give everyone a headache by saying this but the 2second thing is totally op. A rogue shoots her arrows and piercer at the start of a fight, a Mage does that 2sec thing and kaboom. All my skills r in for a cooldown, half my mana is gone and the Mage is untouched lol, on top of that, they'll be spamming skills so the rogue will be dead by the time the mages shield wears off

Jessicazx
02-13-2013, 03:27 AM
I read this as soccer stun.. im blind :dread:

warbluefish
02-13-2013, 05:10 AM
The thing for stun is that mage have to use stun. without stun there is mo other way to survive and kill. for rogue and worrior there r plenty options to kill . stun is the slowest. so not many of them r using it.

Cero
02-13-2013, 05:35 AM

i like this thinking, if devs lowered the dmg of all class then the pvp game isnt decided by 1-2hits or stunlock?
i think increasing the game play would be better?

@bird

2secs invulne is OP for rogues who got caught by stunlock.
1-2hits from rogues are OP for mages.

arent they somewhat balance in terms of OP? lol

2secs invulne shield from mage are OP for rogues who got

Madstar
02-13-2013, 05:37 AM
What the..

Now people complaining about Sorcerers being OP..

Something is wrong with these people. Sorcerer without stun (not even permanent stun, it's for a few seconds) will not be the Rat anymore, but the micro piece of..

Leave Sorcerers how they are.

Bless
02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
What the..

Now people complaining about Sorcerers being OP..

Something is wrong with these people. Sorcerer without stun (not even permanent stun, it's for a few seconds) will not be the Rat anymore, but the micro piece of..

Leave Sorcerers how they are. When rogues were OP who was complaining?

A full geared l16 Mage vs a full geared L16 rogue. 90% the Mage will win as long as they start off with charged fireball, shield and lightning

Energizeric
02-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Judging by this post, it seems like he's saying as long as he gets a stun on fireball he wins the fight.
Simple shield before fireball will negate rogues from 1 hitting you. So either stun is OP or energizeric is OP or the pvp system needs a fix... you tell me

How would I know when to use the shield? I never see the rogues coming. Most of the time I'm dead before I even knew there was a rogue near me. I could just use shield and walk around with it on, but then it is going to run out and need to wait for the cool down to reuse it.

Also, I don't have shield currently not do I want to get it as it is useless in PvE. I want PvP to be balanced where no single skill is needed for any class. Our skill set should be based on personal preference, not on some skills being needed for PvP. If some skills are better then others, then STS needs to balance that.

Lady_Pebbles
02-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Simple shield before fireball will negate rogues from 1 hitting you.So either stun is OP or energizeric is OP or the pvp system needs a fix... you tell me

If you got time let's 1v1 suspense, but use your l16 rogue on me. I'll show you there's more to the Rogue class than lucky crits.
Just a note... But Rogues can break through my shield and one hit kill my Mage. I have also done this to other Mages on my Rogue as well. So it clearly doesn't negate it all the time.

Cero
02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Just a note... But Rogues can break through my shield and one hit kill my Mage. I have also done this to other Mages on my Rogue as well. So it clearly doesn't negate it all the time.

thren i think you dont have the 2sec invulne which makes the 1-2hits impossible if the shield is up.

Slovek
02-13-2013, 02:41 PM

You're kinda off the thinking here... Every class requires a skill to play it effectively. Making your aimed shot hit the opponent and dishing out normal plus stun charged are not done with eyes closed....

Odinbr
02-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Sometime the shield comes to late before the arrow reach you :concern:

Slovek
02-13-2013, 02:47 PM
ujst give those poor rogues a stun skill..... How about aimedshot with stun.... Mehehe

Haowesie
02-13-2013, 03:05 PM

I've experienced this also more than once, although I'm not entirely sure that it is a one skill hit, it may be two or three in succession. But it definitely broke the shield and happened fast enough that I didn't have time to even launch one counter attack.

mafiainc42
02-13-2013, 03:39 PM
This is hilarious.. remember 2s dont work against stun and that is the most important thing. If it did then yes. but srry bow stun crit max heal packs is trash. how about that for op.

sorc stuns for a mill a sec(weapon charge) roguez last 5minutes.

mafiainc42
02-13-2013, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lady_Pebbles;967806]

umm there is not one rogue on any level that can one shot kill any of my mages while shield is up. Also there is maybe a handful if even that can even beat me.

Energizeric
02-13-2013, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=Haowesie:967911]
umm there is not one rogue on any level that can one shot kill any of my mages while shield is up. Also there is maybe a handful if even that can even beat me.

Sure there is. My lvl21 sorcerer has a decent amount of STR as I added strength by using warrior rings/amulets and armor with more STR, so as a result I have 1825 health points. Most sorcerers have around 1500-1600 health points and some without the most expensive demonlord armor will only have around 1400 health points.

Shield at most absorbs 500 health points of damage (this is what it says in the skill description). If a rogue can one-hit me (it happens all the time), then surely they can one-hit a sorcerer who has 1400-1500 health but is using the shield. Remember that the shield does not absorb the whole 500 points of damage from the first hit. It absorbs 500 points of damage total.

gundamsone
02-13-2013, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=mafiainc42;967977]

Sure there is. My lvl21 sorcerer has a decent amount of STR as I added strength by using warrior rings/amulets and armor with more STR, so as a result I have 1825 health points. Most sorcerers have around 1500-1600 health points and some without the most expensive demonlord armor will only have around 1400 health points.

Shield at most absorbs 500 health points of damage (this is what it says in the skill description). If a rogue can one-hit me (it happens all the time), then surely they can one-hit a sorcerer who has 1400-1500 health but is using the shield. Remember that the shield does not absorb the whole 500 points of damage from the first hit. It absorbs 500 points of damage total.

Shield not only abosorbs 500 points of damage but it also reduces damage so your argument maybe more valid at l20/21 since aimed shot hits 2k+ while at 15/16 we only hit around 1k damage which makes sorcorors more op at our lvl range

Destructible
02-13-2013, 09:21 PM
ujst give those poor rogues a stun skill..... How about aimedshot with stun.... Mehehe

Rogues have bows which stun quite frequently when charged. Makes for a very effective kiting contributor.

gundamsone
02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Rogues have bows which stun quite frequently when charged. Makes for a very effective kiting contributor.

so do rifles

Lady_Pebbles
02-13-2013, 10:18 PM
@Cero: Yes, the 2s invulnerability sub skill was active at the time.

This is a problem thats been mentioned before but seems like its being either ignored or they can't figure out what the core of the problem is. Idk. Either way, when Im on WiFi or 3G or 4G on 3 different devices, its te same results. Its like the shield goes up as they approach and my toon is flat on the ground sticking its finger out while the shield is still up lol. I was like wth? Its funny at first but gets old fast. I mean its not like it happens everytime I used it. Actually after one of the updates it seemed to be less but now I don't use the skill anymore. Afterall, we shouldn't have to be forced to use certain skills for survivability just for PvP when they are pretty useless for PvE.

Lady_Pebbles
02-13-2013, 10:21 PM

I've experienced this also more than once, although I'm not entirely sure that it is a one skill hit, it may be two or three in succession. But it definitely broke the shield and happened fast enough that I didn't have time to even launch one counter attack.
Yep pretty much. I kinda suspect its probably the macros users having a hotkey setup with more than one skill charged at once.

birdmasta
02-13-2013, 10:31 PM
u wait for the 2s to go away. i wont hate u for it buts its only if u can stun me and then wait. or use band aid build

In twinking Crits are NOTHING 6% crit? Shemurr!

The way I see it, and Ik I'll give everyone a headache by saying this but the 2second thing is totally op. A rogue shoots her arrows and piercer at the start of a fight, a Mage does that 2sec thing and kaboom. All my skills r in for a cooldown, half my mana is gone and the Mage is untouched lol, on top of that, they'll be spamming skills so the rogue will be dead by the time the mages shield wears off

Jackyll
02-14-2013, 12:14 AM
I want to keep this thread going the conversation is very constructive.

Me personally I suggest that they remove all stun features from PVP and raise or lower stats accordingly between all classes to even the playing field.

As a lvl 21 warrior, nothing is more frustrating than fighting (either in a group or more of a 1 vs 1 scenario) and being stunned in place. You can't move, can't retaliate just hope that something happens and you can get off HoR or something. In my personal opinion stun locking a character requires a lot of skill but also it is an unfair advantage for any class to be able to do. Now the argument I see is that if a sorcerer or rouge can not stun lock then they will be killed instantly by a warrior. That also is unfair, no class should have to rely on stun locking to survive a fight. Again going back to my suggestion of removing stun abilities and making more of a level playing field concerning dps, hp, armor all that.

I know some people may be upset by my opinion or not agree but please do not cause this thread to be locked by flaming of any kind. keep the conversation civil, intelligent and fact based.

I would like a dev to join the conversation and give us a an algorithm or the math behind the stun lock. (% of stun chance per class/skill/stacking skills stuff like that)

birdmasta
02-14-2013, 02:03 AM
srry jackyll but ill have to disagree... if we take out stun for every class... warrior will win pretty much every game. they dont rely on stun bcuz tough armor, op heal, high health, high dmg for a tank...

I want to keep this thread going the conversation is very constructive.

Me personally I suggest that they remove all stun features from PVP and raise or lower stats accordingly between all classes to even the playing field.

As a lvl 21 warrior, nothing is more frustrating than fighting (either in a group or more of a 1 vs 1 scenario) and being stunned in place. You can't move, can't retaliate just hope that something happens and you can get off HoR or something. In my personal opinion stun locking a character requires a lot of skill but also it is an unfair advantage for any class to be able to do. Now the argument I see is that if a sorcerer or rouge can not stun lock then they will be killed instantly by a warrior. That also is unfair, no class should have to rely on stun locking to survive a fight. Again going back to my suggestion of removing stun abilities and making more of a level playing field concerning dps, hp, armor all that.

I know some people may be upset by my opinion or not agree but please do not cause this thread to be locked by flaming of any kind. keep the conversation civil, intelligent and fact based.

I would like a dev to join the conversation and give us a an algorithm or the math behind the stun lock. (% of stun chance per class/skill/stacking skills stuff like that)

Destructible
02-14-2013, 02:52 AM
... warrior will win pretty much every game. they dont rely on stun bcuz tough armor, op heal, high health, high dmg for a tank...

But sometimes stun is quite useful for me, as a warrior. When used on a rogue, i'm able to save myself a HoR. It's also useful for warrior-to-warrior battles. :)

Jackyll
02-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Thats what i mean, if we take away stun, yes warrior would be very OP, but if we take away stun and water down warriors maybe bring up mages, lower rogues crit stuff like that to EVEN the field completely. Then it will come down to just "how's the better player" I personally am will to sacrafice being the OP warrior to not be stun locked and killed.

[QUOTE=birdmasta:968709]srry jackyll but ill have to disagree... if we take out stun for every class... warrior will win pretty much every game. they dont rely on stun bcuz tough armor, op heal, high health, high dmg for a tank...

birdmasta
02-14-2013, 05:08 AM
ok... so everyone is basically the same class??? same stats same everything except skills... so... its just who misses more loses??? that doesnt seem fun at all. rn is pretty balanced between rogue and sorc, but warriors need a big debuff

Thats what i mean, if we take away stun, yes warrior would be very OP, but if we take away stun and water down warriors maybe bring up mages, lower rogues crit stuff like that to EVEN the field completely. Then it will come down to just "how's the better player" I personally am will to sacrafice being the OP warrior to not be stun locked and killed.

[QUOTE=birdmasta:968709]srry jackyll but ill have to disagree... if we take out stun for every class... warrior will win pretty much every game. they dont rely on stun bcuz tough armor, op heal, high health, high dmg for a tank...