PDA

View Full Version : Space Times Next Project?!?

Kazillo
02-12-2013, 11:58 PM
What do you guys think Space Time Studios next project will be? MMO or something else. If so, what will it be about? Or do you think they will just update the games they already have released. Maybe the developers will give us a hint...

Bastok
02-13-2013, 12:33 AM
If STS is going to release a new mmo, I would love to finally see an open world game. A new Ultima Online style game packed with tons of content and unlimited possibilities would be a breath of fresh air.

I believe Arcane Legends is the peak of the style of games STS has been releasing. It's the best of the 4 and I think it will be hard (maybe impossible) to top. They need something new and fresh and I think an open world game packed with content is the answer!

LwMark
02-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Open world would be amazing :))))(

KingFu
02-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Cinco has said they aren't looking to expand as of now. AL is their proudest, most polished work, so they want to run with and focus on that right now.

Energizeric
02-13-2013, 01:23 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is "open world"???

Gaabelec22
02-13-2013, 01:25 AM
Ya they have so much to do with al they can keep adding new patches too it to keep it going

LwMark
02-13-2013, 01:38 AM

Theres open worlds games and dungeon games

Sts games are dungeon

Open world is like WoW

KingFu
02-13-2013, 02:04 AM

What the name implies, open world. PL uses an instance system. If you want to go to Fort Blackstone, you click map then click to join the town. In open world, you walk there. If you want to farm somewhere, you walk there. There's generally teleporters but everything is connected, like real life.

LwMark
02-13-2013, 02:05 AM
Disney is making a multi platform game , looks like a open world, idk i watched a couple vids comes out in june

Lowlyspy
02-13-2013, 02:07 AM
Cinco has said they aren't looking to expand as of now. AL is their proudest, most polished work, so they want to run with and focus on that right now.

Didn't some video or review say they were already working on the next game?

Jessicazx
02-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Open world sounds good

LwMark
02-13-2013, 02:22 AM

Yes

KingFu
02-13-2013, 02:36 AM

I saw a video where Cinco said they've thrown around a few ideas but they're planning to focus on AL for a while since it's the game he's most proud of and that they can see taking off.

I think with STS it's safe to say we don't know what to expect. Even if it comes straight from their mouths.

Lowlyspy
02-13-2013, 02:47 AM
I think with STS it's safe to say we don't know what to expect. Even if it comes straight from their mouths.
Amen to that.

Hopefully they stick to that plan though. A break from new games would be nice, especially when looking at the state the older games are in, SL in particular could use some TLC.

Energizeric
02-13-2013, 04:00 AM
What the name implies, open world. PL uses an instance system. If you want to go to Fort Blackstone, you click map then click to join the town. In open world, you walk there. If you want to farm somewhere, you walk there. There's generally teleporters but everything is connected, like real life.

I understand. In the "old days" (1980s) I used to play the early Ultima games, so while those were not MMORPG (they were just RPG) they were open world. Part of the fun was the journey. You knew an item would cost more in one town than another, but to save the time of having to walk there, you would pay the higher price. Ultima VII was the last one I played, and that one had such a large world that it could take you a half hour or more of real gaming time to cross the map from one side to another. I could see where merching items from one place in another place could pay off in an MMORPG game like that.

SuRfY
02-13-2013, 04:22 AM
I was thinking of something like merging the 4 games together kind of thing. lol. Like a Ultimate Legends. SL Commando meets AL Warrior, DL Vampire meets PL Bear.

Idea came from arcade games like marvel vs capcom. hehe. Endless possibilites if it goes into PVP. (AL Rogue VS SL Operative)

Pulkeren
02-13-2013, 04:32 AM
update pocket legends or make pocket legends 2 and pls stop making new games