PDA

View Full Version : Idea : PvP puzzle quests with hammerjaw prize

Origin
02-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Personally the current pvp system's a little too anti-social for my liking.. since it's all about numbers it encourages kill/flag farming, bickering/name-calling, gang fights. Just pointless, silly stuff really. Love to have something more robust and broadly rewarding, more about team-building than "noob u sux, I tots pwn".. strengthening bonds between guildies, friends and strangers. Plus u increase the social element, u have more people playing and buying elixirs. win-win. :cupcake:

I'd love to see pvp puzzle quests sometime down the road. A timed chain of maps with simple team-based puzzles, normal mobs, and some parts pvp. These could be on separate islands that have different entry criteria for certain level ranges. Some ideas I thought of :

:GB_bonesrock: Lower level island with dps cap to deter grossly-low level twinking.

:GB_bonesrock: Higher level island open to all (since low level players that don't kill fast enough would not get partied).

:GB_bonesrock: Players must be in a party of 4~5 to enter.

:GB_bonesrock: Countdown timer with prizes which increase in value for shorter completion times to discourage kill farming.

:GB_bonesrock: If team-count drops to less than 2 or 3, that team cannot proceed.

:GB_bonesrock: Both teams MUST get through a 1st puzzle map to discourage usage of dummies for kill farming.

If all else fails the peer pressure will ensure that, since people will quit on a "camper".

Both teams get tokens regardless, but team that wins the pvp part gets to fight a boss on a special map and get unique drops equivalent to efficient elite farming (among others, I vote for a 0.003% chance at hammerjaw and 0.001% chance at - don't know if this is possible - an overall stat-boosting arcane banner that looks cool and can't be traded). Also a fun alternative to leveling. :orange:

Anyone else with me on this?

p.s. mods, if u feel this should go in a different section pls feel free to move the thread :peaceful: Thanks!

Jessicazx
02-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Would really love to see this sort of stuff in game... but..

Heiki
02-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Sorry if it's obvious but what does team based puzzle mean? How do you mix it with pve and pvp? You rush through a few levels and roflstomp opposing team or am I missing something?

spiderpig
02-13-2013, 05:17 AM
they are not even giving hammerjaws for 15 plat a try how much more for free :)

Origin
02-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Sorry if it's obvious but what does team based puzzle mean? How do you mix it with pve and pvp? You rush through a few levels and roflstomp opposing team or am I missing something?

team-based puzzle, eg, it could be as easy as getting players to move around a platform with positions marked 1-9, and have them moving around to hit a sequence of numbers. Or a mini-maze, splitting up to kill mobs at some parts, some parts together. Or with switches that u need to push. Easy but needs some teamwork. Then maybe stage before boss = pvp deathmatch. random 1v1, or party vs party. Team that wins gets to do boss. Or something like that! :D Did I explain that ok?

Origin
02-13-2013, 07:46 AM
they are not even giving hammerjaws for 15 plat a try how much more for free :)

Why not! :D Even if it's like, 1 chance in 100,000. That's still super duper rare. If it's about plat, they could create pvp island passes for island entry. Hourly, daily, weekly, monthly. Just saying stuff off the top of my head.

Origin
02-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Would really love to see this sort of stuff in game... but..

well if it could be pulled off, it'd be fun right!

Limsi
02-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Hit that one up on the suggestion thread, the devs would highly appreciate this input ;)

Origin
02-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Hit that one up on the suggestion thread, the devs would highly appreciate this input ;)

Thanks for the heads up Lims, will check that out :-)

Darko
02-15-2013, 02:16 AM
I like the team based thought... we have to involve guilds more in al. Lb for caps... most ctf victories. ..
Etc