PDA

View Full Version : Should I continue AL?

Spyce
02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
I've been on PL for a while.
I have barely played AL.
The last time I played Al, I think was like when it was released lol.
Should I come to AL?

TheMatrixMan
02-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Yes

Spyce
02-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Yes

Why?
Is it better than Pl?

Oskitopee
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Graphics and content is sort of better than PL, but pl has more skills and has been around longer. So its about personal choice

Odinbr
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
And the newest update will come soon.

Spyce
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Graphics and content is sort of better than PL, but pl has more skills and has been around longer. So its about personal choice

I'll try it this weekend.
What's new about AL since beta?

Lalarie
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Yes, al is awesome, imo better than pl, graphics are awesome, pets actually fight, etc, your choice tho

LwMark
02-13-2013, 08:15 PM
I moved over to al, pl is just noy cuttin it no mo, an i thought id never leave

Spyce
02-13-2013, 08:16 PM
I moved over to al, pl is just noy cuttin it no mo, an i thought id never leave

Me too.
Al it is!

Guys give me any hints or tips?
Any class you recommend me to start with?

Destructible
02-13-2013, 08:21 PM
I'll try it this weekend.
What's new about AL since beta?

Pvp, new maps, new pets, new gear, new level caps, new haters, new noobs/pros, new leaderboards, new exploitable bugs, discovered ways to cheat -eg. scripting/macros- , bug fixes, class balance, new skill for rogue (noxious bolt)... that's all i can think of for now lol

Lalarie
02-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Me too.
Al it is!

*Cough mage cough* lol

Vystirch
02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
*Cough mage cough* lol

*cough rogue cough cough* need... Cough.... Dropppp *raspy voice*

Genuinous
02-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Me too.
Al it is!

Classes are really similar to original pl classes, so if you had a favorite there I'd suggest you stick to it :) Otherwise the easiest to make is a warrior, it's pretty fool proof to start up with. If you want a bit more challenge and dont mind dying then go for mage/rogue. With all classes just stick to the preferred stat (str war, int mage, dex rogue) and dont worry about mixing them, it'll just ruin your char. Check guides for some nice skill set ups, don't put more than 4 skills cos they would just be wasted. Try get to outpost and then lvl up in watchers tomb or venture on trying maps as you wish :) Any point you want to lvl go back to watchers tomb 4, best spot. Pots are cheap, but you can be really short on money at the start, try not use too many if you can avoid :) get to lvl 20 and do elite lvls for gear or farm eggs.

I must be really bored to write all this... :P

Spyce
02-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Classes are really similar to original pl classes, so if you had a favorite there I'd suggest you stick to it :) Otherwise the easiest to make is a warrior, it's pretty fool proof to start up with. If you want a bit more challenge and dont mind dying then go for mage/rogue. With all classes just stick to the preferred stat (str war, int mage, dex rogue) and dont worry about mixing them, it'll just ruin your char. Check guides for some nice skill set ups, don't put more than 4 skills cos they would just be wasted. Try get to outpost and then lvl up in watchers tomb or venture on trying maps as you wish :) Any point you want to lvl go back to watchers tomb 4, best spot. Pots are cheap, but you can be really short on money at the start, try not use too many if you can avoid :) get to lvl 20 and do elite lvls for gear or farm eggs.

I must be really bored to write all this... :P

Thanks dude!
About you saying " With all classes just stick to the preferred stat (str war, int mage, dex rogue) and dont worry about mixing them, it'll just ruin your char. "
Can you reset your stats points in AL just like in Pl?
I'm afraid I'll "ruin" my character lol

Sagacrown
02-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Yes you can reset your stats points for a price of 5 platinums.

xcainnblecterx
02-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Good.time.to come back this.week end. Getting a double xp event

Spyce
02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Good.time.to come back this.week end. Getting a double xp event

This weekend?

xcainnblecterx
02-13-2013, 09:13 PM
This weekend?

Yep, party time

Iehaenis
02-14-2013, 04:51 AM
I left two level 75 characters on PL just to TRY AL. Haven't went back to PL since. Arcane Legends trumps by far!!!

Snalin
02-14-2013, 04:54 AM
*cough rogue cough cough* need... Cough.... Dropppp *raspy voice*

*cough warrior cough cough....OP class... cough cough ...*

Psyche
02-14-2013, 05:19 AM
Thanks dude!
About you saying " With all classes just stick to the preferred stat (str war, int mage, dex rogue) and dont worry about mixing them, it'll just ruin your char. "
Can you reset your stats points in AL just like in Pl?
I'm afraid I'll "ruin" my character lol

It just means it's not possible to do alternate builds, like being a pally or war bird in PL. The gear you can equip is tied to your class, not your stats. You dont have to be a pure build though, its probably better if you're not actually. Like if you're a rogue, you should put the most points in dex, but you'll probably want some points in str and int or you'll be going through potions like a crazy person.

Madstar
02-14-2013, 09:20 AM
*cough warrior cough cough....OP class... cough cough ...*

Nice one. Even if I do agree.

Genuinous
02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
It just means it's not possible to do alternate builds, like being a pally or war bird in PL. The gear you can equip is tied to your class, not your stats. You dont have to be a pure build though, its probably better if you're not actually. Like if you're a rogue, you should put the most points in dex, but you'll probably want some points in str and int or you'll be going through potions like a crazy person.

I disagree here... anyway if you have enough plat you'll find the build that really suits you :) I have leveled up all 3 classes with pure builds though amd found them really functional. At any rate pure str is a must for warrior, pure int is super highly suggested for mage. I still suggest pure dex for rogue as you can easily get the additional str and int from gear (okay, maybe not if you want to beast pvp but yes for pve). If you want to play it safe add a bit more str to your toon, but both int and dex will provide you with hp as well as dmg :)

McBain
02-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I agree with Psyche that a pure build may not be optimal for rogues and mages. The rogues I see that are pure DEX have very high damage but a lot of deaths. Same with pure INT mages. By spreading the stat points around a little bit you can increase your survivability while still maintaining high damage. It's just an opinion. It's all about balancing the stats to match your individual style of play.

Spyce
02-14-2013, 07:32 PM

Thanks guys.
So if I do Rogue Pure Dex/Str?

McBain
02-14-2013, 08:38 PM
It's up to you. Added Str means better survival, and since rogues go through mana very quickly, added Int will help cut down on the mana pots. The main purpose of a rogue is damage, so it's best to focus on Dex and add the others as you see fit. I've done 4 points in Dex each level and alternate putting the other 2 in Str and Int, depending what I feel like needs boosting at a given level up point. It's worked out quite well for me.

Sariita
07-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I prefer getting int and str from gears although I'm not a pure dex rogue. I'm not the best but my build work to me