PDA

View Full Version : MAX PING possible?

Arterra
09-27-2010, 06:53 AM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/441fb186.jpg

I took the pic RIGHT when it disconnected me.
I dare you to beat me, and have proof lol.

Also, is the game really laggier or what?

Dax
09-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Ive had higher ping before but I don't have SS by intraweb implication SS or it didn't happen so that's that lol as far as being laggy i experience the occasional spike but not enough to really interfere with the game play other idevice games will lag so hard you'll get booted fromthe server which is annoying this game
Fortunately doesn't seem to share that same problem of less enjoyable mmos for idevices

Gaabob
09-27-2010, 07:49 AM
I've had a crash a few times. Usually after I've been playing for a long while and there is alot of stuff going on. The server also has crashed me once or twice. Recently I've noticed alot of server lag.. Kinda annoying lol

Vyvin
09-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Me too ao3 thinngs r rly lagging it cauz there's alot of bugs n glitches now that unused load is lagging me hard!
Realese ao3 or disable unusable items.

PhatNinja
09-27-2010, 07:49 PM
This game is really laggy for me ALL THE TIME! I had 200,000+ ping once, imma try and get it again and take a picture(:

Arterra
09-27-2010, 08:07 PM
it seems to be constantly 1000+ ping for me after the last update, getting ready for AO3 one...

vulgarstrike
09-27-2010, 08:20 PM
sitting pretty with my 180 ping :D
I love texas

Gaabob
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Lol even with 90 ping(occasionally) I get some rly bad internal server lag.

Pleasure_Pirate
09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Since ping is a measurement of transfer time, there is technically no maximum ping. As such if the server stopped responding to the client the 'clock' would continue clicking, waiting for the message that isn't coming.

Inching
09-27-2010, 08:55 PM
dont know if anyone also noticed but u can use the lag to rush... if u start a game using wifi and once in a game; you leave the room and go somewhere where the reception starts to degrade, just enough not to get disconnected... and your game is still live... u can actually run the map till the end where the boss is and walk back into wifi range, the game will load where you are... effectively, you just rushed the map without passing any bad guys or the bad guys are all frozen and not moving...and end up at the boss.

Of course I dont do this and do not condon it <wink>

vulgarstrike
09-27-2010, 09:26 PM
dont know if anyone also noticed but u can use the lag to rush... if u start a game using wifi and once in a game; you leave the room and go somewhere where the reception starts to degrade, just enough not to get disconnected... and your game is still live... u can actually run the map till the end where the boss is and walk back into wifi range, the game will load where you are... effectively, you just rushed the map without passing any bad guys or the bad guys are all frozen and not moving...and end up at the boss.

when i lag and i do that, i teleport back :(

cry
09-27-2010, 09:30 PM
I have no pic but 100k+ I've had many times maybe 300k most?

Gaabob
09-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Since ping is a measurement of transfer time, there is technically no maximum ping. As such if the server stopped responding to the client the 'clock' would continue clicking, waiting for the message that isn't coming.

Pretty sure it automatically is supposed to log you out after 2 mins (120k ping)

gizerbeam
09-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble downloading content? I often crash and have to re-downloaded the app. Or can I not download it and have it still work?

Gaabob
09-27-2010, 10:07 PM

Lol I bet this is orgrims tactic.(meh suckey way to play it you ask me)

Raxie
09-28-2010, 03:22 AM

it doesn't really work that way. if you are lagging and you rush to the boss, you either teleport back all the way back or you find yourself dead.

Speetz13
09-28-2010, 03:37 AM
I have a 3rd gen ipod touch so i obviously use wirless wifi and I never have lag, ever. My ping is so low i have never even noticed it enough to kno the number lol. Onlky "lag" i get is internal with the ipods processor im sure when there are 5 players fighting 10+ monsters using multiple skillls at a tim that affect multiple targets and have a lot of particles etc, combine some of that stuff and i get internal lag. I dont find the game to be laggy at all and ihave horrible luck with lag on other games, even when im on RS.

Furrawn
09-28-2010, 05:51 AM

Same here... Most games I play are laggy lately... It makes playing difficult... Though we laugh a lot... Like Mystic died with a full health bar and revived was still dead...lying dead on the snow waving and playing music lol...

bladesword
09-28-2010, 06:01 AM
when it gets to 40k ping,, it really annoys me, Im like.. "will this thing ever stop?" then i lagged out and im like... ".....####!"

Arterra
09-28-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a 3rd gen ipod touch so i obviously use wirless wifi and I never have lag, ever. My ping is so low i have never even noticed it enough to kno the number lol. Onlky "lag" i get is internal with the ipods processor im sure when there are 5 players fighting 10+ monsters using multiple skillls at a tim that affect multiple targets and have a lot of particles etc, combine some of that stuff and i get internal lag. I dont find the game to be laggy at all and ihave horrible luck with lag on other games, even when im on RS.

Same device here, but am currently unable to play due to so much lagg.

Xviperr
09-28-2010, 10:36 AM
sitting pretty with my 180 ping :D
I love texas

on 3G usually 360-400 (iphone)
on wifi slightly better 300-380 (iphone)

on 3G usually 300-400 (ipad)
on wifi slightly better 260-380 (ipad)

usually in the YELLOW zone of latency. on my iphone
and occasionally GREEN zone of latency. on ipad.
Usually in YELLOW at 330+ .. btw, Singapore 'Singtel' telco

Kossi
01-08-2011, 06:55 PM
yes. yes it is

Artemis
01-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Ive gotten to 300k but no pic:(

Angelicious
01-08-2011, 09:07 PM
oh pls, my regular ping is like 10 times higher than that

KingFu
01-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Ive gotten to 300k but no pic:(

Not possible, now, the cut off is around 120K, way back in the day before trade and all. I hit 250K a couple times but that was the disconection point :o

lce
01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Anyone know how to reduce the lag ? I always have lag spikes in the game. When I enter PvP everything is still I thought it was normal then 4 seconds later boom Im dead lol not cool