PDA

View Full Version : New CTF Leaderboards (Points System)

gundamsone
02-14-2013, 02:48 AM
So to all those reading basically in short, their SHOULD BE a new leaderboards that's based off a points system.

Every player will have a "rating" that's mainly based on 2 things.
1. That players KDR
2. The ratio for #of games won.

Let's make the assumption that beating a player with a similar rating as you is equal to 1 point.
With this rating system, if you kill someone with a higher rating than you, then you earn more than a single digit in points.
The other player will in turn loose more than 1 point because they lost to a player with lower rating.

For example, the top players might gain 0.5 points for killing a noob, and 0.8 points for killing a stronger noob, and 1 point for killing a player with similar rating.
When they die to that same noob, they might loose 5 points, & when they die to the stronger noob they might only lose 3 points, etc.

So in the extreme scenario, the top player on the lb will pretty much gain next to no points for killing a toon with massive deaths and barely any kills.

I am not suggesting the removal of the kills leaderboards.
The purpose of this leaderboard is to provide an exact measurement of a players skill level.
It will be extremely difficult to abuse this system and make it to the top...
and best of all, there will be no need for all these pointless arguments on whose the best!

This is what everyone wanted right?

I know some people might say this is copying Blizzard's 1v1 laddering system which took them ages to implement but if STS can consider having a system similar to this, I think everyone will support and love it.

gundamsone
02-14-2013, 02:58 AM
If people are confused by the example basically:

Killing someone
1. When your rating is lower than the other player, you will gain more points killing that player
& the other player will lose more points than you gained
2. When your rating is higher than the other player, you will gain less points killing that player
& the other player will lose less points than you gained

Dieing to someone
1. When your rating is lower than the other player, you will loose less points dieing to that player
& the other player will gain less points than you lost
2. When your rating is higher than the other player, you will loose more points dieing to that player
& the other player will gain more points than you lost

Infrico
02-14-2013, 03:06 AM
Which GM did you bribe to get this info

o.o

gundamsone
02-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Yikes I re-read through it...

I seem to have made it sound like it's going to be implemented >.>

ITS ONLY A SUGGESTION FOLKS BUT SUPPORT THIS

Infrico
02-14-2013, 03:49 AM
Ohhhhh, was excited for a min :(

Lady_Pebbles
02-14-2013, 04:23 AM
*supports* I like the idea.

Cero
02-14-2013, 09:10 AM
ahaha, reminds me of an MMO game that i loved and played before.
though the point system is somewhat similar. But with this we can certainly see a "legit" PvP player.

D-:
02-14-2013, 11:45 AM
#Support.

okahef
02-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Great idea dude support

Darko
02-15-2013, 02:08 AM
I dislike this as I see in pvp all the time...we run through a team first wave.two people quit so they don't get deaths...k , /d ratio shows absolutly nothing. ...I do like the idea of wins in games. . Those who stick around. ... and ratio for games won vs played. .. ( if you enter and leave and they lose you get a loss)

Snalin
02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
best idea