PDA

View Full Version : Pets in PvP Feedback

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23141&d=1358553405

On Feb. 14th we updated Arcane Legends with the following changes:

Your pets will now fight with you in PvP combat!
Immunity to being stunned should now always work. For example, a Rogue should no longer be able charge their basic attack and stun an opponent over and over again in PvP.

Patch Notes here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86559-2013-02-14-Content-Update-(113386)

Please use this thread to post your PvP Feedback thoughts regarding the addition of pets after you have played the new version. Thanks!

Madstar
02-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Warriors are even harder to defeat now, and I mean, totally unbeatable. Anyways, it's fun with the Pets, but many people can't afford good Pets, so it's surely less fun for them. That being said, I thought us Sorcerers would have a little more luck on defeating Rogues and Warriors, but it's the opposite. :)

Good luck, and thanks!

Leeniskibac
02-14-2013, 03:08 PM
All classes were almost balanced then this just threw it off completely.

Wars are now unbeatable with the addittion of pet with their watch swords and stuns.

Rouges are now a crit fight. Whoever crits first wins.

Mages aren't changed that much. They are pretty balanced with the right build and combo but still unable to beat a warrior now with the update

D-:
02-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Time to buy Granite!

Madstar
02-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Time to buy Granite!

This thread is for feedback.

Raxin
02-14-2013, 03:13 PM
I felt without pets it is about a player vs a player with pets it skews skill/gear diffrence.
The group fights are like arcane explosions now....
I chased a mage and his pet kept fighting me nonstop and i could.do nothing to change pets focus. So invulnerable dmg buddy.... No ty
All in all pets on pvp meh it ruined imo the balance.
Ftw 5 mages with colton stunning up.to 5 enemies per passive swing...
Ftw 5 rogues spamming ribbit n razor/as
Ftw 5 wars shiloh flag running ect etc etc

Energizeric
02-14-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll have to try playing later with the pets, but just on the surface it seems that this update would make things even more unbalanced than before.

mafiainc42
02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
yes pvp stands for pets vs pets.

Lady_Pebbles
02-14-2013, 03:23 PM
I really like pets in PvP. Helps out a lot! Makes the game more interesting and also helps boost stats.

EDIT: Change it so that pets don't auto attack in PvP though.

I will get a Colton tomorrow to cap it and try it out on my Mage but for now my Malison and Ribbit are a great help when used with the right builds. Now I can use my PvE build in PvP.

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
I felt without pets it is about a player vs a player with pets it skews skill/gear diffrence.
I chased a mage and his pet kept fighting me nonstop and i could.do nothing to change pets focus. So invulnerable dmg buddy.... No ty

If you get so far away from the owner of the pet, the pet will leash back to following them. So, you have the choice to keep chasing or not - the choice is yours. Also, if they damaged you before they started running, your pet will be on them. It's all how you play it.

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I'll have to try playing later with the pets, but just on the surface it seems that this update would make things even more unbalanced than before.

Please play the update and comment on your actual play experience rather than speculating.

Thanks!

Raxin
02-14-2013, 03:30 PM
I really like pets in PvP. Helps out a lot! Makes the game more interesting and also helps boost stats.

EDIT: Change it so that pets don't auto attack in PvP though.

I will get a Colton tomorrow to cap it and try it out on my Mage but for now my Malison and Ribbit are a great help when used with the right builds. Now I can use my PvE build in PvP.

I could tolerate it if pets buffs/arcane only the auto att is unfair cause the pet itself cannot be killed/stun/subdued

Raxin
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM

If you get so far away from the owner of the pet, the pet will leash back to following them. So, you have the choice to keep chasing or not - the choice is yours. Also, if they damaged you before they started running, your pet will be on them. It's all how you play it.
Would you be so kind as to respond to my other points sir?

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 03:34 PM
I could tolerate it if pets buffs/arcane only the auto att is unfair cause the pet itself cannot be killed/stun/subdued

If you don't like the pet, kill the owner of it.

Madstar
02-14-2013, 03:35 PM

:triumphant:

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Please don't use this thread to knee-jerk and react based on simply the announcement of pets in pvp.

What we're really looking for is actual play experience. Please go play some PvP, refine your build, set up your tactics and get back to us with your thoughts. Thanks very much!

Matutd
02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Not happy about this. I don't have pets on my twinks because we never needed them. At least let us stash pets if this is going to stay, buying 5 malisons isn't going to be fun

Raxin
02-14-2013, 03:59 PM

Ok got me sam. You win

TheBedtBird
02-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Is my pet supposed to lose energy while in pvp

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 04:09 PM

If you mean that it loses happiness and that you have to feed it, well yeah, that is how pets work.

quaziest
02-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Not happy about this. I don't have pets on my twinks because we never needed them. At least let us stash pets if this is going to stay, buying 5 malisons isn't going to be fun

Imagine you have a lv10 twink and a lv 20 malison :cower:

TheBedtBird
02-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Ok thanks(:

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Imagine you have a lv10 twink and a lv 20 malison :cower:

That won't happen. Pets only level up to the same level as their master.

Energizeric
02-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Well, I played for a little while, if you can even call it that. I spent more time in the spawn room than anywhere else.

It went like this:

1) run from spawn room to big fight happening in middle

2) die instantly

3) run from spawn room to big fight happening in middle

4) die instantly

5) repeat 1-4

I didn't get a single kill. The warriors basically stand in the middle in a big group and just do their windmill and when I get near I just die in a hit or two. Their range is longer than mine, so I can't attack from range. And now with the pets clogging the middle the big fights just look like a big mess of players and pets swinging and it's not even possible to see what's going on. I think everyone just spams their skill buttons and then when it's over the sorcerers and rogues are dead and the warriors are still there.

I think in a 1-on-1 battle pets would be nice. In 5-on-5 it's just too much and impossible to see what's going on. It's like fighting the red dragon in PL. Just tons of mobs spinning and nothing can be done but spam your skills and hope you are standing in the end. Might as well add smoke to the room because you can't see what's happening anyway,

Uicheusa
02-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Have to agree with Energizeric, although I am a warrior myself.

I do not want to make it sound like I am a sore loser, but my K/D ratio was 5:1 in this week until this update, after that it is 1:5.

First of all there are too many variables during a battle now, which means less skill.

Second of all, as a warrior I usually jumped into battle first. Now with my pet strolling behind and enemy group with their pets lining up, my usually heroic move seems like suicide now..

Last but not least, with all those flying pixels in the middle of my screen, I started to feel dizziness and wanted to throw up within 5 seconds after joining a group fight.

My opinion is, they should at least open two PVP rooms for pet and without pet, even just for testing purpose.

Vjerevica
02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
I can't say I like pets. It is kind of messy. However, if they are here to stay I kindly ask your comment on:
- if pets are loosing their happines (because that is how pets work) why they don't get experience in PvP (that is also how pets work)
- are you considering balancing of pet's abilities in future? It seems perfectly logical because you are balancing player's class & skills. If not, then I propose to give up of balancing alltogether and leave same skills abilities as in PvE. Maybe separate arena with that kind of PvP setup?
I guess it is not hard to guess that I am sorcerer.

JuiceBox
02-14-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm having a positive experience with pets.
I actually had some warriors try to disengage from me mid fight. 1v1 of course.
Warriors are still tough to beat, but they seem to respect my mage now. Instead of thinking of me as a free kill, they do think twice before engaging alone.
I still have to play more to get a better feel, but so far its better. And gotta test all the other pets too. I'm a beast master too so there's a lot I still have to experiment with.

I also had respec and took more of a pure PvP build, so I did sacrifice a lot of nice PvE perks to be more successful.
Mages do need that power up, just to be able to off balance a warriors heal.

But its still silly, that winning most games really is just a matter of who has the most warriors.

warbluefish
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
hi. Sam. firstly thx for the work done in pvp for adding the pets. i know there were lots of player asked to add the pet back to pvp. and as we can see STS do their best to listen to the players as before.

There is my opinio n new pvp. After adding the pets. its far too early to discussing class balancing. with the pets there r too many variable in a fight.

First.Its too messy. with pet auto attack. u simply just cant see whats going on. I played all my three class char in pvp after update. first feeling is whatever class u use u die faster then before. Mage and Rogue r the worst. I dont know was i dead from one hit or two hit.or a hit from pet. or something else.

Secondly. Mage r the worst after update. even with colton i still cant kill anyone. becouse the low arm and health. it just too much to take for mage by adding the pets . Rogue still can get kills becouse their crit and aimed shot. but as mage die too fast.

ATM worrior has the most beneficial from update becouse their high aromr high health and incredable good heal skill.

Its not a skill fight any more. even feels its not a fight. i lost my way in pvp. im sry.

Thirdly .

Energizeric
02-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Sam:

Just a thought, but it seems most of the comments agree that the pets auto attacking and just being there seems to make everything too crowded and hard to see, and also makes everyone die much quicker. So I have an idea that I think maybe most would agree with (I guess we will find out)....

How about the following solution:

1) Pets remain in use for PvP, but only for the happiness bonus. So the happiness bonus adds to your stats, but nothing else about the pet matters.

2) Pets do not physically appear in PvP. You get the stat boost from the happiness bonus for whatever pet you have equipped, but nobody sees the pet. That way pets don't clutter the hallways and make it look too crowded during a battle.

3) Pets don't attack and you cannot use their arcane ability during PvP.

4) Pets do not need to be fed during PvP as they are not really being fully used.

5) You cannot change your pet during a PvP battle. You can however change while in the spawn room before the battle starts (when the gate is still up). This way folks can't change pets on the go, i.e. change to shiloh right before picking up the flag so you are faster to run it back -- this would just get crazy.

This will allow us to choose pets for PvP just based on the happiness bonus. So you will be able to get an armor bonus with some pets, INT DEX or STR bonus with others, some will give damage bonus, and some give speed bonus which will help you run with the flag. So this gives us the opportunity to get good use out of different pets based on our fighting style and situation. If I'm looking to get lots of kills, I can use a pet with a good damage happiness bonus. If a rogue is running out of mana often, they can use a pet with a good mana regen happiness bonus. And if I'm looking to farm flags, I can equip a pet with a good speed happiness bonus.

JuiceBox
02-14-2013, 07:15 PM
I enjoy using the pets arcane ability, as it does open up new options.

The only thing that should be added is a pet recall button. To call a pet back to your side if it wanders too far away.

xxsaraixx
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I feel the same about pet clutter. For 1 vs 1, maybe 2 vs 2, pets add an extra dimension of play, I think as someone else stated similar to a 5th skill. But once you get in to mobs of 3-5 vs 3-5 plus their pets you can't see anything. As Energ said above its almost like you just throw yourself in and hope for the best. You can't see what skills others are using or where they are moving so it does on a base level reduce some battles to pure button mashing. Some might argue that you dont have to throw yourself into the melee, but even if attacking from a range it would be better to see what you are targeting instead of just hoping for the best. I think the suggestion to add the pet bonus but remove the pet itself from the game is a good solution to the clutter for a 5 v 5 game. Another possible solution might be to reduce the number of players allowed in games with pets. Perhaps a 2 v 2 pvp or maybe a 3 v 3 pvp player limit and you'd probably be able to see better, use some strategy and still get pet action.

inkredible
02-14-2013, 08:16 PM
not happy at all , this was deff not thought through, pvp was fine.. what they did to mage is better i guess, but rogues with pet keep hittin crits
warriors are now the weak links

ishyrionek
02-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Bad thinks:
- not evryone can have hazel, sharks; sharks kinda sux , they are for achievments mainly and cool outlook, but not having hazel is realy wrong
- not evryone know wich pet to use; i read even here: my mage is hard too survive even with colton - then omg use malison / kettle / koko, lots hp/def, god arcane for surviving
- not evryone got lvls 20+ of pets for now; after exp event it should balance a bit
- big party vs big party is even more mess now :-D

God thinks:
- big party vs big party is even more fun now :-D
- lvlings pets have more sense now
- you have to think what pets to use, and to use arcane skills
- i got high lvl of pets already :-D

Questions:
- does all arcane effect, and stun/knock/bleed/slov effect are same for pvp? Or is it some way reduced for pets? Cause i heard that flap jack arcane dont work too god.
- will there be any other method of getting hazel? Cause from all god pets, only this u cant get ingame. Like let buy egg pets for platinium, and not pets. Or add it for 500 hauntled coins or add egg pet hazel to locked chest drop, or so.

End:
Pets dont change pvp alot, but its funny to have them, same as hqve new thinks for pvp. What realy changed pvp are other thinks that come to pvp in that patch.
God job guys! Go even further! Thers no way back :-)

Destructible
02-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Don't really like the new update. I've played for the past 1 hour and a half, and i still don't like it :(

1. Makes huge battles utterly confusing and occasionally, laggy.

2. Pets need to be fed, and that's annoying somewhat.

3. Makes everything much more imbalanced, ex: Warrior with Shiloh buff has 4000+ HP.

ruddml1
02-14-2013, 10:27 PM
This update fails
warrior is invincible person
never die.
pvp is Player vs Player.

Lady_Pebbles
02-14-2013, 10:31 PM
I've been able to kill both Rogues and Tanks slightly better now. Even if its one vs one. It all depends on the opponent and timing. :)

Ruejade
02-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Fights are crazy now... Ribbits crits all over!

warbluefish
02-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Bad thinks:
- not evryone can have hazel, sharks; sharks kinda sux , they are for achievments mainly and cool outlook, but not having hazel is realy wrong
- not evryone know wich pet to use; i read even here: my mage is hard too survive even with colton - then omg use malison / kettle / koko, lots hp/def, god arcane for surviving
- not evryone got lvls 20+ of pets for now; after exp event it should balance a bit
- big party vs big party is even more mess now :-D

God thinks:
- big party vs big party is even more fun now :-D
- lvlings pets have more sense now
- you have to think what pets to use, and to use arcane skills
- i got high lvl of pets already :-D

Questions:
- does all arcane effect, and stun/knock/bleed/slov effect are same for pvp? Or is it some way reduced for pets? Cause i heard that flap jack arcane dont work too god.
- will there be any other method of getting hazel? Cause from all god pets, only this u cant get ingame. Like let buy egg pets for platinium, and not pets. Or add it for 500 hauntled coins or add egg pet hazel to locked chest drop, or so.

End:
Pets dont change pvp alot, but its funny to have them, same as hqve new thinks for pvp. What realy changed pvp are other thinks that come to pvp in that patch.
God job guys! Go even further! Thers no way back :-)

Colton is used to boost dmg and for the purpose of kill. As i said it still to early to commant on class balancing. Sam just need the honest feed back. This is what i felt after play.

I dont see where lots of def and health come from malison. kettle. i tried them all. same result. mage just too weak.

Paindisher
02-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Not pleased with this update. Pets ruin the entire purpose of pvp, if you don't have he plat or coin to buy pets you're on the losing end. Pvp is about player skill not if the a good pet to boost there skill. Besides that lag in pvp has gotten worse not better, pings o through the roof randomly and I'm not the only be experiencing this. I surely hope thesis still in beta because if this is how it's going to be I will not be vping anymore. I doubt I will be he only one walking away

Maynard
02-14-2013, 11:36 PM
I like the pets at this point.

birdmasta
02-14-2013, 11:43 PM
ruins the whole balance of game.... CHANGE back plz sts... now this game is just money-wise (newbies cant afford good pets UNFAIR) and soon good pets will probably be plat bcuz then sts can gain more money because tons of people in AL love ctf (like me)... totally horrid and ruined

Darko
02-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Im a tank, and consider myself a good tank and am boggled by people saying warriors are invincible..I have been crushed since update. .. this update personally was terrible...It takes skikl and strategy out the window. ..I even killed myself without a flag somehow...I stun a guy go to take advantage of it and get blasted by three pets and die...ive been killed by a pet after I killed its owner... I got killed when the person wasnt by me...he wasn't on my screen. .it was his pet...I went from having 20+ kills a match to 2-5 and those are the 1 vs 1 battles...I think out created way more problems. .I had a guy complain today cause I had shiloh with 4% incoming damage reduction call me a hacker cause he didn't do a lot of damage to me..lol it takes the fun out of pvp..its lets get all together mash buttons and see who dies. .. and ribbit is ridiculous. ..the arcane with whirlwind or with arrow from rouge is instant. Kill....its not fun... also we like 1vs1 in games ... now you can't cause your pets are auto shooting.....I say create pet room and non pet room... keep everyone happy. ..but for me...terrible..no skill, no strategy, no fun. ..

Cero
02-15-2013, 01:51 AM
i have problem with lag.

peta are fine, people just need to learn which is better for them. You dont realy need legendary pets to kill. the goat pets works fine and the owl ones which are very cheap at auction.

im using flapjack and can kill colton users

Lady_Pebbles
02-15-2013, 01:52 AM
Also want to point out that players said my pet killed them after my toon died but on my screen the pet had stopped attacking. I believe my DOTs were still in effect after my toon died. Just like Vermin Swarm works on DL. Vengeful kills ftw. Lol

EDIT 2: NvM about the pets thing. XD

Energizeric
02-15-2013, 02:18 AM
I feel the same about pet clutter. For 1 vs 1, maybe 2 vs 2, pets add an extra dimension of play, I think as someone else stated similar to a 5th skill. But once you get in to mobs of 3-5 vs 3-5 plus their pets you can't see anything. As Energ said above its almost like you just throw yourself in and hope for the best. You can't see what skills others are using or where they are moving so it does on a base level reduce some battles to pure button mashing. Some might argue that you dont have to throw yourself into the melee, but even if attacking from a range it would be better to see what you are targeting instead of just hoping for the best. I think the suggestion to add the pet bonus but remove the pet itself from the game is a good solution to the clutter for a 5 v 5 game. Another possible solution might be to reduce the number of players allowed in games with pets. Perhaps a 2 v 2 pvp or maybe a 3 v 3 pvp player limit and you'd probably be able to see better, use some strategy and still get pet action.

I agree. Maybe the solution is making the games 3-on-3. That would be much better.

Energizeric
02-15-2013, 02:24 AM
Not pleased with this update. Pets ruin the entire purpose of pvp, if you don't have he plat or coin to buy pets you're on the losing end. Pvp is about player skill not if the a good pet to boost there skill.

Same could be said for gear. Some players cannot afford the best gear. PvP is only one aspect of the game. Pve is the other aspect. In order to have good gear for PvP, you must be successful in PvE or else do something like merching in order to save up enough gold to buy the gear you need. Same goes for pets.

ishyrionek
02-15-2013, 04:45 AM
5 vs 5 always was kinda ridiculous, specially when 5 nobs are running 1 guy, or go to respawn spots in big groups.
So actually is more about flag kills, than pvp ratio kills/death.

Colton is used to boost dmg and for the purpose of kill. As i said it still to early to commant on class balancing. Sam just need the honest feed back. This is what i felt after play.

I dont see where lots of def and health come from malison. kettle. i tried them all. same result. mage just too weak.
I dont know what you expect, that pets will do. Make tanks from wizs? Crit and dodge machines from warriors? They give small thinks like: kettle 12% speed is cool for stun wiz with shield, who isnt front tank. Malison give 15% dodge.
Most of warriors use hazel/ribbit/snaggletooth for str bonus. Thats show about actually wisdom of pvp players.
Imho best warriors Pets are: rocky, esteban, shiloh.
For other clases im not sure, and i dont really care too much.

Im a tank, and consider myself a good tank and am boggled by people saying warriors are invincible..I have been crushed since update. .. this update personally was terrible...It takes skikl and strategy out the window. ..I even killed myself without a flag somehow...I stun a guy go to take advantage of it and get blasted by three pets and die...ive been killed by a pet after I killed its owner... I got killed when the person wasnt by me...he wasn't on my screen. .it was his pet...I went from having 20+ kills a match to 2-5 and those are the 1 vs 1 battles...I think out created way more problems. .I had a guy complain today cause I had shiloh with 4% incoming damage reduction call me a hacker cause he didn't do a lot of damage to me..lol it takes the fun out of pvp..its lets get all together mash buttons and see who dies. .. and ribbit is ridiculous. ..the arcane with whirlwind or with arrow from rouge is instant. Kill....its not fun... also we like 1vs1 in games ... now you can't cause your pets are auto shooting.....I say create pet room and non pet room... keep everyone happy. ..but for me...terrible..no skill, no strategy, no fun. ..
+1. But 5 vs 5 was always kinda like that.

And advice to "notnig see, too much thinks now" problem:
Turn off showing names and titles in options. You always got party list on left, enemy list on right. Btw changed apperance of enemy list is great! :-)

Madstar
02-15-2013, 05:01 AM
Warriors cannot be defeated now. That's insane! Lol.

warbluefish
02-15-2013, 05:47 AM
5 vs 5 always was kinda ridiculous, specially when 5 nobs are running 1 guy, or go to respawn spots in big groups.
So actually is more about flag kills, than pvp ratio kills/death.

I dont know what you expect, that pets will do. Make tanks from wizs? Crit and dodge machines from warriors? They give small thinks like: kettle 12% speed is cool for stun wiz with shield, who isnt front tank. Malison give 15% dodge.
Most of warriors use hazel/ribbit/snaggletooth for str bonus. Thats show about actually wisdom of pvp players.
Imho best warriors Pets are: rocky, esteban, shiloh.
For other clases im not sure, and i dont really care too much.

+1. But 5 vs 5 was always kinda like that.

And advice to "notnig see, too much thinks now" problem:
Turn off showing names and titles in options. You always got party list on left, enemy list on right. Btw changed apperance of enemy list is great! :-)

what u expect? want with a pet mage become a warrior. and warrior become a rogue? im saying is even with pet. mages r still weak in pvp. u try it with kettle and can u escape from a warrior skyward smash.

Friufi
02-15-2013, 05:50 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the addition of pets in PvP somehow increases the occurrences of lag. Perhaps it's because of the additional visual clutter due to rendering of pets.

BTW, do pets level up when used in PvP? Hope this is true, because their happiness gauge goes down when using them in PvP.

IMHO (thus far), pets are just a nuisance in PvP, even though we are benefiting from their presence. But it's just my opinion.

Energizeric
02-15-2013, 05:59 AM
So I played a few hours today and tried different pets and now I have changed my opinion somewhat. Here's what I think:

1) 5 vs 5 is just too much. I think it should be 3 vs 3, at least on this map. Maybe if another map was more open (not a maze, but an open space) then 5 vs 5 would be ok. But in the maze with narrow hallways, it's just way too much with the pets.

2) I don't think the pets add any more imbalance than there already was before, and I think things are pretty much the same. Sorcerers still getting killed easy, Rogues still getting one-hit kills and being killed themselves very easy, and Warriors are still next to impossible to kill.

3) I experimented with using different pets, and let's just say that I found that the pets that worked the best were not the ones I expected would and also are not the ones most people were suggesting.

Lastly, I'll just share one experience I had tonight. There was a game where everyone left from both teams except for a warrior on the red side, and myself and another sorcerer on the blue side. So it was 2 sorcerers against 1 warrior. So myself and the other sorcerer made sure to stick together and try to fight against the warrior since we figured we could beat him together. Well, we did this about 8-10 times and every single time he went into his windmill, stunned us both, and then killed us both. We did not manage to kill him once. Something is wrong there. 2 of any class should be able to kill 1 of any class, assuming they are of similar level. I don't know what level the warrior was, but both of us sorcerers were level 21.

iamamen
02-15-2013, 07:15 AM
pet in pvp is not fun.
no techique

pilon
02-15-2013, 07:57 AM
i dun care about pets in pvp, no change for me. same ratio.

Casualties
02-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi STS, maybe you can consider making two pvp arena, one with pets and one without.
I think it's a win win idea because there are players who like it with pets, and there are players who don't.

Cero
02-15-2013, 09:33 AM
pets realy isnt the problem what makes people think that pets are unneccessary is because of the 1-3hit KO in pvp.

If the battle/clash lasted a bit more longer like able to use atleast 3 Arcane ability before dying then it would make PvP better.
Not just better but fun,challenging and requires PvP skill. No one wants to play just to die in a split seconds during a clash.

Saber already made a suggest. lowering the 3class dmg output . less dmg less dying from 1hitters makes more room to think and react with your PvP skills. this might not be the solution but atleast it can open up some room for better ideas.

Pets in pvp is an awesome game that STS made.

Syylent
02-15-2013, 09:47 AM
I only played about 2-3 hours last night which is typical a couple hours a night. At first I had fears of the beginning of ctf when other bugged their pets in and I didn't have one. I got to say with an even playing field (pets for all) it wasn't too bad - class issues aside.

Some pets are better than others. I didn't get a change to go through my complete list. My poor Tankton pet makes me laugh.

More testing is definitely needed, but my fears of what it would be like wasn't as bad. I will not respec again. I already did that too much.

My comments on class balance will be in that thread.

Darko
02-15-2013, 11:08 AM
My warrior has died more now than before update as every warrior I've talked to... no clue what yall are talking about that warriors are invincible. ... 1 vs 1..a good warrior wins...in mobs waerioe losesxause rouges andages hit from outside mob and get tons of kills

Energizeric
02-15-2013, 12:49 PM
The reason the fights seem to go much faster now is that you got pets attacking too. And most players seemed to have chosen a pet that adds to their offensive skill set, i.e. Colton for sorcerers. But there are lots of pets that add defense like STR points (to add more health) or even armor or health regen. If you equip one of these pets maybe you will live longer.

JuiceBox
02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
New strategies need to evolve. It's not as safe anymore for a warrior to wade into battle and just tank damage.
All warriors I've faced are very surprised at how much damage mages can nuke out in a short amount of time. Even rogues hit much harder, and I've seen some very good use of pet arcane abilities.

It's still not a one hit or even a 4 hit kill for mages, but our new damage throws off the timing of your heals.

Also warriors in AL are not slow lumbering goliaths. Gotta make use of your skwyhammer, juggernaut, or even rally cry to move in and out of danger.

Warriors still hit hard and I can easily die to one. So it's not about lack of power.

jlinder2003
02-15-2013, 01:38 PM
I played quite a bit in the last 24 hours. As a level 21 sorcerer I am getting clobbered by warriors. They are faster, stronger with better armor. They are nearly impossible to take down. In the last game I played, a warrior for the other team laughed and said he held the flag for 20 mins.

Warriors are now even tougher to defeat. PvP is really starting to turn me off.

drgrimmy
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
pets realy isnt the problem what makes people think that pets are unneccessary is because of the 1-3hit KO in pvp.

If the battle/clash lasted a bit more longer like able to use atleast 3 Arcane ability before dying then it would make PvP better.
Not just better but fun,challenging and requires PvP skill. No one wants to play just to die in a split seconds during a clash.

Saber already made a suggest. lowering the 3class dmg output . less dmg less dying from 1hitters makes more room to think and react with your PvP skills. this might not be the solution but atleast it can open up some room for better ideas.

Pets in pvp is an awesome game that STS made.

Pets do add an interesting new dimension to PvP which I like. This comes with several caveats...

1) 5v5 battles are now just absolute chaos with characters, skills, pets, arcane blasts, etc all over the place making it is difficult visually to figure out what is going on.

2) Everyone dies too quickly now, which I believe adds to the choas, both discouraging and not allowing teams time to organize. There is no time to employ any type of real battle strategy. Several people before the addition of pets had already been advocating decreasing the damage output of all 3 classes. Adding pets only increased the damage output of all three classes (depending on which pet used) making battles even shorter and more chaotic. Damage output needs to be nerfed. Before stuns were nerfed and pets were added fights at least lasted a little longer and required more strategy.

3) I liked how pets interacted with the PvP environment during the glitch early in PvP. Please change how Energizeric suggested. They were there to give a passive happiness bonus but did not attack and you could not use the arcane ability. Being a mage I find the arcane ability somewhat useless as the range of almost all of the arcane buffs are limited. While I am fighting at range my pet is up close fighting the enemy melee putting me out of range of its arcane buffs - another big plus for warriors as they are mostly fighting melee and are more likely to be in range of their pet's arcane buffs.

Vveed
02-15-2013, 01:54 PM
K first off i just spent n hr typin up sumthin n it logged me out so i lost it all so if i talk bout class a bit im sry but it does get effected by pets that the war/rog use...k mind u im talkin from a 15twink point of view of 15mag wit Mal/Flap pet so far but newho befor pets honestly of corse i would get killed by best geared wars wit good bit o skill n geared rog wit sum skill...i consider myself a good pvper as ive played almost every major online pvp game out there...but here we go...war wit pets now who r geared r almost unkillable by a solo mag n as fer rogues geared wit rib/That bird one forgot name right now but newho they basically same as befor they kill wayy too quick just made it that much easyer for them...as for the stun lock it iz nice to keep rogs from doin easy n wars from doin so wit sum skill same wit mags but honestly that was one of only ways to have chance to kill a hlf skilled rog wit mag...mind u im talkin bout spec wit light/heal/fire/gust played wit shield befor n thinkin on goin back now wit last 6plat i got cause dunno neother way to survive now witout bein able to pull off a good timed/proc chance of stuns on light n if i had frost but ya thought pets would make mags a bit more even but was dead wrong just pushed us further back again...honestly here iz class things so sry but here we go... Alright first off rogs need nurf to aim shot...(possibly make most abilitys on it a % chance like mags get wit about everything) Wars- add sum time to there heal timer/and possibly add sum time to there kill everything mana regen...as fer us Mags: few sug... U could add armor to shield ability/add to immunity timer or as said already make it reflect/or add to it ability to slow one of these once hit-movement/swing speed/or maybe a +speed to mag fer 3-5sec after bein hit of say 10-25%speed...or beef up-or change completely the curse ability---few sug (add more +dmg to it n a must would be addin range to the spell n pvp 4meters as of now witout shield up or a pre charged heal ur basically dead already/or maybe add n ability to lower there armor-dodge-elemental resists one o these) as for Gust spell only use for this iz the run speed for kiting but now wit pets u cant put out enoff dmg to kite a war n rogues just nearly impossible...so ya sug fer gust-(make it auto target or maybe a ball o gust that once it hits spreads out fer the aoe effect to make auto target possible/maybe add n single target effect to take target completely outta combat fer 3-10 sec were there n a ball o air or sum chit but abile to get out of it wit the same removers of snare n stuff but newho they cant atk or be atkd or cast ne spells n regen stops feR time n bubble/possibly ability to temp disarm fer 3-8sec/or slow there swing speed or maybe just make it add on 1-3sec to the re-cast timer on there last spell/ability or next i think last would invole more skill fer pvp these things wouldnt make it too imbalanced but would easily fix the whole pvp balance imo rog a bit overpower but thats there thing mass dps n wars wit pets r what they should be tanks/Hard to kill but nearly impossible iz just makin pvp pointless...i mean pets have helped out all a tiny bit but least of all mags of corse u can say they can use tankton or sumthin stupid like that n ya use that if u wana be able to just live a tiny bit longer but the pets fer helpin out our killability dont rly cut it fer mags so ya if u wana keep the classes how this game has tryed to as n (rog-burst dps...war-tank wit decent dps even tho n pvp i dun understand how there dmg iz always so much not usualky one shot now that i got more hp from pet but seemes so far even witout there crazy buff on they still do good dmg...mag-a croud control typa char that has ability to aoe but thats nearly pointless n pvp usually cause if u r near more then 2-3 enemys ur already dead specially now that we cant stun lock witch was our only way to kill rogs befor n could kite wars befor now no stun lockin rogs n as fer kiting wars now wit pets nearly immpossible cause time it takes u end up runnin into more enemy...so ya thats reason fer this class stuff n it does tie n wit pets n stun immunity things newly put n...also not tryin to be a dic but u game peps need put n sum effert on mags weps n chit i mean common ive seen the new weps n i mean OMG the wars 2h insane the sword/shield iz crazy nice too n as for the rog bow iz very nice charged proc...as fer mags watch gun push back stupid fer aoe pve n worthless pvp n from what ive seen we get a new staff wit no proc n a gun wit same push back so ya stop favoring classes when u make new items u already have screwed the mags pritty good so couldnt hurt to give us a good new wep wit worth while proc maybe?????? Honestly pissed me off today spendin all my plat openin locked chests to try n get one good mag leg item but not one!!! I got 3 bows one 2h axe 2good rog helms one good war helm good rog ring good rog chest n of corse bout 3-5 leg items that gave wrong stats whitch i think shouldnt be done wit those chests that cost 15p each n only two mag leg items i got were the exact same robes wit 20dex n 6-8str or sumtin wit dodge so ya Stupid how yall even let those odds be possible its rly not right the odds the weps the abilitys yall been doin to mags fact iz u game peps need stop bein class based while makin or changin this game n neone who says they arnt r blind as chit...n befor u even try sayin nethin bashin this part play a mag try pvpn wit em n then check out the new items n maybe even open up 5-10locked chests n c how many leg items u get fer mags wit the right stats on it...but ya im done fer now if neone from this games makers cares to discuss this priv. Id luv to show n prove every point ive made bout this mags lack o luv...lev 15 Twink Mag befor pets n chit had only maybe 3-4 rogs n one war who had killed me more 1v1 then i them...but now rogs r almost same imo good ones its a chance game but wars wit pets now r insanly hard to kill fer mags atleast...much luv to game makers just statein the truth bout the lack o mag luv...still luv game but honestly likein less n less wit the more i c specially wit new items!!!

Lady_Pebbles
02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
@DrGrimmy: The problem is, that Chrome users were still able to use the pets arcane abilities before when mobile users couldn't. I seriously think theres a big problem with Chrome users and scripts/macros that has to be addressed. I just read in spiderpig's thread a post made by another player saying there is a Windmill "bug" that some players can use.. These are all red flags... All classes have the ability to one shot kill another player who has a full hp bar of 1.5/2k+ (despite the class) its all a matter of what you're using behind the game to do it. I don't see or hear a lot of players on Android or iOS doing this so thats why I am hella suspicious of Chrome users.

I seriously hope they can figure out how to stop this cheating chaos.

inkredible
02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
having pets just made ROGUES more over powered with hits, cuz with pets their crits are higher percentage so the chances of them htitin u with crits are more than ever.. if anything warriors are weak links now,u get stun by a mage, one shot by rogue, no matter how much health or shield u got,
not PLEASED

Ill summarize the main issues i think here:
1. WORSE LAG in pVP with pets, way too many things going on.
2. MAGE got better, Positive- keep how mages are
3. ROGUE just became more over powered with DMG with their pets.

Suggestion:

Take out pets, it made the game more unfair
- Keep the updates with the mages
- Rogues damage needs to be lowered down, no body else can hit 2-3k here

When fighting in groups one rogue hits u 50% , the other 50% , under a second.. so wheres the fun in that
when you cant even play for more than a second

JuiceBox
02-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Pets do add an interesting new dimension to PvP which I like. This comes with several caveats...

1) 5v5 battles are now just absolute chaos with characters, skills, pets, arcane blasts, etc all over the place making it is difficult visually to figure out what is going on.

2) Everyone dies too quickly now, which I believe adds to the choas, both discouraging and not allowing teams time to organize. There is no time to employ any type of real battle strategy. Several people before the addition of pets had already been advocating decreasing the damage output of all 3 classes. Adding pets only increased the damage output of all three classes (depending on which pet used) making battles even shorter and more chaotic. Damage output needs to be nerfed. Before stuns were nerfed and pets were added fights at least lasted a little longer and required more strategy.

3) I liked how pets interacted with the PvP environment during the glitch early in PvP. Please change how Energizeric suggested. They were there to give a passive happiness bonus but did not attack and you could not use the arcane ability. Being a mage I find the arcane ability somewhat useless as the range of almost all of the arcane buffs are limited. While I am fighting at range my pet is up close fighting the enemy melee putting me out of range of its arcane buffs - another big plus for warriors as they are mostly fighting melee and are more likely to be in range of their pet's arcane buffs.

To address your points:

1) 5v5 has always been chaotic. Especially when you meet head on with the other team. I still can still tell the difference between a pet and a real player.
Even incoming death balls, pets lag behind their owners before they join the Frey.

2)Yes I agree, battles are shorter. But no longer it is always in the favour of warriors.
Rogues can still one shot a mage.
Warriors can still 2-3 hit a mage.
Mages still 3-4 hit rogues.
Difference now, is that I can put up a battle and school some warriors.
Warriors have more options with pets too. They can go for more strength, more mana, or damage reduction.
Either or, cookie cutter warrior pvp builds are not working as well.

I don't think we should ask for removal of pets and reduced damage until mages are brought up to par first. And this pets addition I believe manage to do that.

And imagine reduced damage for mages against warriors with 3000 health and 800 armor.. why bother even fighting.

3)I think they need to implement, a return and attack toggle button for pets. That way we have control where they are at all times.

Arcane legends is about pets. Why remove or dumb down that aspect of it.

Sure maps are tight, but its beta. Maybe new maps will have wide and narrow corridors.

JuiceBox
02-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Since this is a pet feedback thread.

I would like the ability to position your pet.
I mentioned earlier for an attack or return toggle button.

Maybe a step further as in able to send your pet forwards or behind you.
Many a times, when I want to activate a pet arcane ability the pet is out of position.

1)Pets are lagging behind that it takes awhile for them to come to my side and engage with me in battle.

2)Pet is too far from me to be able to receive the arcane buff when activated. This is especially true for range fighters.

ucaflaeba
02-15-2013, 02:42 PM
My mage now got killed veery easily. IMPOSSIBLE for a mage to kill a warrior now, unless the warrior doesnt know what his doing.
My chance against rogue are now also decreased. I have lost my interest once again to play PVP.

Vilified
02-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Please don't use this thread to knee-jerk and react based on simply the announcement of pets in pvp.

What we're really looking for is actual play experience. Please go play some PvP, refine your build, set up your tactics and get back to us with your thoughts. Thanks very much!

Can't play as a Mage it's nothing but irritating, I'm wondering if you guys actually play the game or just go through and fix whatever is being whined about the most.

Darkgenocide
02-15-2013, 04:23 PM

if pets were a bit easy to kill each round ur alive, it would be alot more ballanced. lets say you are a lvl 10 twink with a lvl 5 pet, the lvl 5 pet gets killed and your still running around. When the pet is killed you lose the bonuses your pet has and your pet is dead till you die or you could feed it bringing it back to life or some sort of extra type of heal pot or something. I persoanlly think pets should even be killable in pve but...yeah

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't mind pets.
Players should be able to adapt and adjust to changes in the system.

D-:
02-15-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't mind pets.
Players should be able to adapt and adjust to changes in the system.

Like forgotten items...

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Like forgotten items...
I sticked around and still pwned

say wut? Oo

thekdub
02-16-2013, 12:18 AM
I love the idea of adding pets to PVP. Brings a totally new dimension. Of course 90% of my play time is on a PC using a Chrome browser, so I haven't experienced the problems others have mentioned that it's too crowded. I'm still so very frustrated with how OP warriors are (at level 21 anyway). It doesn't really matter what pets, builds, gears, or strategy anybody uses. The team with the most warriors is going to own the other team. Not sure how much more of this I can take.

warbluefish
02-17-2013, 04:06 AM
In my opinion. Pet doesnt effect the class balancing that much in pvp. There r a few main issues about pets in pvp.

First. the lag caused by pets. my ping always under 200 in normal. but now in pvp it still have lag problem sometimes.

Second. the arcane ability from the pets. As warrior use skyward smash. rogue use piercer. the pets just cant follow up. and the arcane ability just useless. special for mage as mage need to keep distance from the fight and all buff arcane skils effect area r so small. it just makes more unfair.

Thirdly it makes fight too chaostic. u cant see whats going on. ppl need to see and change their strategy to get a good fight.

Im ok with pet need to b feed in pvp. it encourage ppl to try diferent pets. its fun.

Mages r much weaker in pvp now. its not becos of pets. its the stun. 7.5sec stun imnu is just too long. mage could b killed at least 3 times. if u take stun away pls put something to replace it.

Crabmeat
02-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Thirdly it makes fight too chaostic. u cant see whats going on. ppl need to see and change their strategy to get a good fight.

Have you been in a real MMO guild wars? chaos is good, Lol

gundamsone
02-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Have you been in a real MMO guild wars? chaos is good, Lol

or runescape where 2000 players can ffa in a single area

Ravager
02-18-2013, 09:43 PM
I had a question about the pets. It may be a bug or I saw wrong. In a few pvp matches I had Colton stun me (no stars) and then I was stunned again by a warrior with skyward smash (stars). Do the pets in combination with players follow the 7.5 seconds of stun immunity? Feels like another recipe for possible stun lock.

Genuinous
02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
I think pets are great and just add a lot more depth to the game. Every class has it's most useful pet as well as every strategy. Even if one pet had a huge advantage over others, they are all obtainable. Yes on twink lvl's newbies would struggle against pets, but in endgame scenarios it is a lot of fun :) A good choice of pet and right strategy can make up for the class imbalances if you stay with your team. (Though there are some things that should be fixed none the less...)

Snalin
02-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Pets are awesome.
No changes needed!

Orafliti
02-19-2013, 11:33 PM
I have been a long supporter of Arcane Legends and spent alot of time and real dollars in it. I have capped a lvl 21 rogue and lvl 21 mage and a level16 warrior.

After the pet update, this is the first time I feel like quitting this game. Pvp is no longer fun for me. Game imbalances aside, the biggest problem is the LAGGGGG monster. I get killed by it more than any other player. I am playing from Asia. The addition of pets simply made it unplayable. There are many profit models STS can use to increase your profits, which I gladly support, but please dont make it unplayable. My lag can sometimes go above a few thousand ping. I play with ipad on wifi from Singapore, known for one of the countries with the highest connectivity in Asia.

Business model wise, it is lose-lose. With more lag, people leave the game. Then u got to add servers to solve the issue, which increases your costs. It becomes a vicious cycle.

I hope for future updates, STS can consider the impact on the lag it will create for players in different parts of the WORLD.

Thanks.

vholt
02-20-2013, 12:28 AM
It would be funny if pets can be in the kill-feed when they get a kill :P

Syylent
02-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Is it me or does the pet seem to grow hungry faster?

gundamsone
02-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Is it me or does the pet seem to grow hungry faster?
It's just you
*Time flies when you're having fun:P

Syylent
02-21-2013, 09:21 AM
It's just you
*Time flies when you're having fun:P

Ha. Maybe that's it.

Last night though it seemed everything killed me. Mages and their shields.. Warriors and their jump spin... Shot through walls.. Dying with no one on the screen. Watching perma green and thinking why do I keep running into this stuff.

I spent the night face down counting the tiles on the floor of the maze.

nicoB
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM
removing the pets passive and just allowing the arcane ability and there stat boost from happiness would make everbody happy imo

nelson131
03-04-2013, 06:52 AM
then you are a noob warrior cause good warriors never die in pvp, HORRAY!!!!!!!!

i'm a rogue

Cero
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
stunner pets doesnt follow the immune system pls check.
even if you'll get stunned by a fireball you'll also be stunned by the pet's stun.

espicialy the ripmaw. the stun is so long like a rogues charge bow.

Darko
03-06-2013, 04:20 PM
stunner pets doesnt follow the immune system pls check.
even if you'll get stunned by a fireball you'll also be stunned by the pet's stun.

espicialy the ripmaw. the stun is so long like a rogues charge bow.

I noticed thaT as well with george I can skyward smash stun than combo with george stun

Darko
03-06-2013, 04:23 PM
then you are a noob warrior cause good warriors never die in pvp, HORRAY!!!!!!!!

i'm a rogue

I clicked on over 200 warriors to see pvp stats so far, only four have more kills than deaths. ..ill be posting results later...

Infrico
03-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Take out the feed meter for PvP. No one should pay gold to play PvP and it eliminates the whole 'fun' aspect of PvP, especially for players who are broke (like me)

Cero
03-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Take out the feed meter for PvP. No one should pay gold to play PvP and it eliminates the whole 'fun' aspect of PvP, especially for players who are broke (like me)

now that you say it. it seems i spent too much on pet feed than my gears lol

edit: or prolly just 1/4 of my gear expense

Friufi
03-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Again, my two cents:

Pets should be removed from PvP, just like when it was in the beginning.

Reason:
1) Pet animations add unnecessary lag during PvP
2) Pets exacerbates class and player imbalances in PvP
3) Skill builds will become more important in PvP

Excuses
03-25-2013, 10:03 AM
I said this on other thread. But want to state again here.

Removing pet sounds like removing gear to me. (Removing all gears and fight naked with only stat and skills. Real arena!!! But still weapons will be different. This is non sense..)
Pets are kind of gear that boost your stat.
By play style, people choose their pet like they put their stats and choose their gears.
(Stun, more health, mana regen, higher crit, beeter amror, etc)

Pets should be in pvp for various play styles and better booster.

Darko
03-29-2013, 02:28 AM
I agree and disagree...in agree pets can be fun and there more variaty to it... however some classes have overall better pets and this creates a lot of unbalance...pvp was funner for me with pets, I was running for a flag didn't hit anything than I saw darkko kills so and so, lol my pet killed someone. . That's not ok, that wasnt me...pvp with no pets is actually balanced, rouges mention this all the tine hoping pets aren't taken away cause they will lose their op status. ..u had great matches with rouge with pet...we went 3-3, with pet, 4-0 rouge... malison is such a great pet for them. .. and no its not the same if warrior uses mali...

Montanabro
03-30-2013, 04:15 PM
In PvP do pets confer all their benefits onto their masters and allies? I.e., are any pet abilities or passives that work in the PvE NOT working in PvP?

Cero
04-07-2013, 03:16 AM
In PvP do pets confer all their benefits onto their masters and allies? I.e., are any pet abilities or passives that work in the PvE NOT working in PvP?

all pet benefits also takes place in pvp arena(passive,arcane&happy bonus)

the only thing that doesnt apply from pve to pvp is Glacian's root per hit.

Infrico
04-14-2013, 05:26 AM
I agree and disagree...in agree pets can be fun and there more variaty to it... however some classes have overall better pets and this creates a lot of unbalance...pvp was funner for me with pets, I was running for a flag didn't hit anything than I saw darkko kills so and so, lol my pet killed someone. . That's not ok, that wasnt me...pvp with no pets is actually balanced, rouges mention this all the tine hoping pets aren't taken away cause they will lose their op status. ..u had great matches with rouge with pet...we went 3-3, with pet, 4-0 rouge... malison is such a great pet for them. .. and no its not the same if warrior uses mali...

^ This

I think a solution to solve all our problems is two implement two things:

1. Remove pet feed, its just too expensive and it eliminates the fun of PvP, I know I've said this before but it really needs to be implemented.

2. For PvP ONLY, half the attribute bonuses/pet attack damage that they originally give to the user in PvE.

Soundlesskill
05-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Slag can litterally stun you to death...

movingfingr
06-01-2013, 03:38 AM
Cool

Soundlesskill
06-03-2013, 12:01 AM
If only Ribbt and Slag just gave the stat boost and not gave you 50% crit when you buff them.
IMO if you want to run with Ribbit please don't use it's buff, it is super anooying when you go for a kill and they just crit you out. You see them after the match is over and thier HP is only around 1,8k whilst their DMG is like 145-_-
As for Slag, I gotta say it's even more anooying. Say you're fighting in Group and all of the 10 players are using Slag there is no game at all, just simply see who can stun the most. Also metting a rouge 1v1 and you know you're winning, (they usually throw medic packs) and they buff slag, you are stunned for about 2 seconds (or so it feels) and then they can just go berserk on you.
NOT fair game IMO.
If STS made it so you only could use pets for their sts buff it'd be great, because I still run with good ol' Malison.

cyrusrevange
06-03-2013, 10:23 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23141&d=1358553405

On Feb. 14th we updated Arcane Legends with the following changes:

Your pets will now fight with you in PvP combat!
Immunity to being stunned should now always work. For example, a Rogue should no longer be able charge their basic attack and stun an opponent over and over again in PvP.

Patch Notes here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86559-2013-02-14-Content-Update-(113386)

Please use this thread to post your PvP Feedback thoughts regarding the addition of pets after you have played the new version. Thanks!

Hi, Rouge they have higher critic,DEX,Damage,DPS than warriors, is like rouge are warriors. I dont know why rouge should have all higher stats than warriors, only warriors have slightly higher HP which higher DEX of rouge can be same as higher HP, so in my point of view rouges are warrior with high critic,DEX,DAMAGE,DPS.
I still dont understand why warriors should have lower damage and DPS than rouges, rouges should only have high critic and DEX...

cyrusrevange
06-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi, Rouge they have higher critic,DEX,Damage,DPS than warriors, is like rouge are warriors. I dont know why rouge should have all higher stats than warriors, only warriors have slightly higher HP which higher DEX of rouge can be same as higher HP, so in my point of view rouges are warrior with high critic,DEX,DAMAGE,DPS.
I still dont understand why warriors should have lower damage and DPS than rouges, rouges should only have high critic and DEX...

cyrusrevange
06-03-2013, 11:17 PM

Yes actually it should be like that, ppl should haunt for owner of pet not looking for pets LOL :)

cyrusrevange
06-03-2013, 11:19 PM

I think you never had pet before lol :)

cyrusrevange
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Well, I played for a little while, if you can even call it that. I spent more time in the spawn room than anywhere else.

It went like this:

1) run from spawn room to big fight happening in middle

2) die instantly

3) run from spawn room to big fight happening in middle

4) die instantly

5) repeat 1-4

I didn't get a single kill. The warriors basically stand in the middle in a big group and just do their windmill and when I get near I just die in a hit or two. Their range is longer than mine, so I can't attack from range. And now with the pets clogging the middle the big fights just look like a big mess of players and pets swinging and it's not even possible to see what's going on. I think everyone just spams their skill buttons and then when it's over the sorcerers and rogues are dead and the warriors are still there.

I think in a 1-on-1 battle pets would be nice. In 5-on-5 it's just too much and impossible to see what's going on. It's like fighting the red dragon in PL. Just tons of mobs spinning and nothing can be done but spam your skills and hope you are standing in the end. Might as well add smoke to the room because you can't see what's happening anyway,

Energiz you die instantly because Rouge they have higher critics and damage and DPS , thats the reason, even i die but I never blame STS for my deaths, I only sugget that warriors should have better Damage than rouge.

cyrusrevange
06-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Have to agree with Energizeric, although I am a warrior myself.

I do not want to make it sound like I am a sore loser, but my K/D ratio was 5:1 in this week until this update, after that it is 1:5.

First of all there are too many variables during a battle now, which means less skill.

Second of all, as a warrior I usually jumped into battle first. Now with my pet strolling behind and enemy group with their pets lining up, my usually heroic move seems like suicide now..

Last but not least, with all those flying pixels in the middle of my screen, I started to feel dizziness and wanted to throw up within 5 seconds after joining a group fight.

My opinion is, they should at least open two PVP rooms for pet and without pet, even just for testing purpose.

I think the system is just fine and STS should have made this long time before, from starting of PVP in AL.

Aquanflame
06-08-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm a warrior and I have 955 kills 2024 deaths

mingmingloo
06-09-2013, 10:48 AM
My pet is my added armor and weapon. Hard being a mage with low HP. I need my pet lol! :D

Taejo
06-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Pets need to be defaulted to L31 when someone enters PvP. I like to use several different pets in PvP depending on my opponents, but they are not all max level. I do not have time to level 7-10 pets to L31. I noticed if they are around L15-25, they miss a lot of attacks and arcane abilities on a L31 opponent. Or get rid of them - PvP should be about individual skill not who has the more advantageous pet.

saroeun
06-14-2013, 09:45 PM
If we used original pet in PVP. It's true hero cuz, person that used buy pet (pet get from buy) mostly stronger than originally pet..... How can we compare it?

dizzzzzzzzz
06-15-2013, 06:56 AM
i just hate the warriors in pvp now, i have a rogue and im using one of the best items- lvl 17 with 120dmg+ and even if i critical hit a warrior it doesnt do a thing to him since of his pet, about 1000armor ar 3k health, this is getting crazy

bethoumy
06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
will goerge the pet stun people while in pvp

touch...
07-02-2013, 12:49 PM
but its still silly, that winning most games really is just a matter of who has the most warriors. omg lmao!!! Xd so true

Ahero
08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
I really believe pets should no grow hungry in pvp or they should gain exp

Primeblades
11-21-2013, 12:37 AM
will goerge the pet stun people while in pvp

I believe its up to chance that george will stun in pvp maybe a 40% chance stun i dunno im noob though lol

Arturohoward
12-24-2013, 05:28 AM
PvP is better without pets cause the ppl with Arcane pets is stronger than one with legendary or Mythic Pet

Sceazikua
12-24-2013, 06:25 AM
I believe its up to chance that george will stun in pvp maybe a 40% chance stun i dunno im noob though lol

The desciption on arcane ability of George says it "always stuns" :cat:

Kreasadriii
12-25-2013, 12:18 AM
No, george doens't affected in pvp and the stats of george doesn't help the pvp player at all..

I wish mage shield been upgrading for better longer and reduce cooldown, not fair just 2 aimed shot from rogue or more, any mage shield twinks has been gone.
While by 1 with a warrior, shield survive longer but skyward stunt and heal warrior unbelievable.

Even many mage complained as me, I proove that mage won by 1 with rogue or warrior, I was try it with my twinks even beat the warrior twinks lvl 22 or rogue twinks lvl 22

Good Luck PVP Players ^^

azameasici
02-02-2014, 04:20 AM
It will be great if all our guild title comes out in ctf or tdm. Because I see some people hiding their guild titles from guilds against them to maintain good k/d ratings

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Tendirin
03-09-2014, 08:56 PM
thanks sts

Sent from my iPhone 3000
using Tapatalk,Ign is Tendirin

Ray Martinez
02-09-2015, 01:54 PM
What's best pet for warrior in PvP?

xristos11111
04-16-2015, 02:15 AM
Deary the best pvp pet :p

xristos11111
04-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Petshelp alot

Alyyt Harjodiwiryo
05-07-2015, 09:02 PM
New mithic ring make low level pvp worst than ever! When rogue get damage and warrior get armor why mage not get any nice stat at all

steeeel
05-21-2015, 08:17 AM
In 1 vs 1 .. wat are the best pets for each role .. Rouge / Warrior / Mage

abajaosk
06-28-2015, 09:22 PM
My problem with pet with it happiness, I feed them and only for 30 miniute I must feed them again. My gold is reducing much. I wonder that pet dont have any happiness

Alyyt Harjodiwiryo
07-12-2015, 08:49 AM
Gloom pet kills not counts sometimes! :(

Orbanis/Lifecoverage
08-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Looking for advice.
Purchased Platinum and have decided to buy a 250 Plat pet. Could anyone give me a response as to whether Lemon and Lime or Scorch would be more effective for a rogue.

Thanks in advance!!

mesalin
08-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Lemon and lime will be more effective

I'm so fresh

Orbanis/Lifecoverage
08-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!!

gamerpvp
12-02-2017, 05:59 PM
I think that each character has a stat limit for the pvp.

gamerpvp
12-02-2017, 06:10 PM
the pets are great for the pvp.

gerardhwr
01-02-2018, 04:14 AM
I really believe pets should no grow hungry in pvp or they should gain exp

Reywin27
03-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Nekro pet is good in pvp or no ?

Day of revenge
11-06-2018, 11:37 PM
pvp ?rr?rrr

merwinbaguio3
08-03-2021, 07:54 AM
Any tips for skills and base pets for lvl 7 pvp warrior class?

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

Melayuhebat
09-23-2021, 02:38 AM
Good

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Two
09-26-2021, 02:15 PM
Whts the best pet for pvp rn, any idea guys?

Wewuwi
04-28-2022, 03:30 PM
true hahahahahahahhsjsjsjsj