PDA

View Full Version : Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Pages : [1] 2

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23141&d=1358553405

On Feb. 14th we updated Arcane Legends with the following changes:

Your pets will now fight with you in PvP combat!
Immunity to being stunned should now always work. For example, a Rogue should no longer be able charge their basic attack and stun an opponent over and over again in PvP.

Patch Notes here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86559-2013-02-14-Content-Update-(113386)

Please use this thread to post your PvP Feedback thoughts about class balance after you have played the new version. Thanks!

warbluefish
02-14-2013, 03:51 PM
rogues new weapon r so cool. more powerful than ever.

Arcanee
02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
At first I thought it sucked. I kept playing and now I think its Balanced. Rogues and Warriors can kill each other. A rogue (Cant say his name cause inapoparite) got 7 kills in a row Warriors can kill more now to. Not sure about mages yet but Warriors and Rogues are balanced

octavos
02-14-2013, 05:49 PM
At first I thought it sucked. I kept playing and now I think its Balanced. Rogues and Warriors can kill each other. A rogue (Cant say his name cause inapoparite) got 7 kills in a row Warriors can kill more now to. Not sure about mages yet but Warriors and Rogues are balanced

so that means mages need more power XD

Arcanee
02-14-2013, 05:56 PM
so that means mages need more power XD
Well I guess so not to powerful though! Remember they supose to be something like a medic

warbluefish
02-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Well I guess so not to powerful though! Remember they supose to be something like a medic

Warrior is the medic. they have the best heal skill in the game. :)

Energizeric
02-14-2013, 06:36 PM

Medic? Who needs a medic when warriors have better heal skill than we do.

octavos
02-14-2013, 06:56 PM

I dont play a mage to give u HP..or to be a support class in PvP..I play a mage to BBQ enemies, or make tons of rouge popsicles XD.

Arcanee
02-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Well I wouldnt know I only use one character lol. Mages are under powerd I agree with that though

puresai
02-14-2013, 09:24 PM
correct me if I am wrong

there are a few things I just dont get it.

Wars and Rouges have longer skill attack range than mage? shouldn't mage deserve the longest attack range or at least the same?
Mage cant outrun Wars, no metter what, they always catch me (tried run with time shift+Fireball+normal charged attack or forst+Firebell+normal charged attack)
Wars and Rouges can hit me through the wall? It happened so many time when I was only at corner.
I have seen 1 war vs 2mages or 1 rouges vs 2mages at the same time and yet mages lost but I have never seen a mage survive in the same situation.
Maybe War and Rouges are not OP just Mages are too weak...........
If one class can kill the other class with 1-2 hit, then its not balance.

I am not the best player nor have the best gear.
just want to have a fair game

Heiki
02-14-2013, 10:16 PM
I agree that, if you introduce stun immunities, overhaul mages as you designed them around crowd control...

All it took was to delete perma stun from normal attacks really. Taking away interrupts for a whole 8 seconds (which is like 2 times more time than an average battle takes) is a bit crippling in terms of gameplay.

I'm very happy my warrior can actually do stuff in group fights now though. But yea, do something about mages; overhauling the protection shield provides could be a start.

puresai
02-15-2013, 02:41 AM

Every class has heal skill, why the f do u think mage supose to be a medic?
NOONE chose a mage because they want to be a medic. I know i didnt.
it is annoying when ppl think mages only supose to be a support role.
we r sorcerer not priest..............

Darko
02-15-2013, 03:39 AM
I have a mage in my team, cero that destroys everybody. ..a mage won the first ever pvp tournament...im tired of hearing mages wibe that they are weak.....learn to use it properly...and no long range attack are u kidding me? Mages like godstouch have perfected standing behind the action and stealing kills from warriors...look at pvp board... rouges and mages are destroying warriors in kills...warriors are best at captures for flags...if warriors are so dominant why arent they up their in kills??? Most warmongers are rouge or mage not warriors.....

Darko
02-15-2013, 03:54 AM
Secondly, on lb..the top ten in kills has ZERO warriors on it...all mages and rouges...on lb, all hauntlet, crypt, and tombs times are rogues and mages. .. the only imbalance is the warriors...if warriors were so unstoppable theyd be leading all boards, they are slow..dps sucks compared to mage and rouge...long range attack doesnt even come close to rouge...or mage... I anyways I n group with 3 tanks mage and rouge. ..ir 2 warriors, 2 rouges, 1 mage. ..warrior only leads in kills about 5% of time.. Rutherford and cero, my rouge and mage, destroy in kills, sometimes 30-40 in one game, while warriors get 5-15 oun average in a game. ..now yed 1 vs 1 a warrior will take down most....but that rarely happens

Ruejade
02-15-2013, 04:09 AM
^ I'm gonna explain why warriors ont get enough kills. Most warriors, I observed, do not time their skills to last hit. Most warriors play by just jumping into team fights, and mash whatever skill which isn't on cool down. However, i have seen some warriors who time their nukes well enough and they have no problem getting kills.

Heiki
02-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Who does the damage if everyone times their skills to get the kill? You say we should all act like killstealers and let our teammates die just so we can pad our K/D ratio? I know this is how rogues play (and how the game encourages you to play with useless stats like K/D) but someone actually gotta do the job of softening a target before you can "time your skills".

puresai
02-15-2013, 05:45 AM
I have a mage in my team, cero that destroys everybody. ..a mage won the first ever pvp tournament...im tired of hearing mages wibe that they are weak.....learn to use it properly...and no long range attack are u kidding me? Mages like godstouch have perfected standing behind the action and stealing kills from warriors...look at pvp board... rouges and mages are destroying warriors in kills...warriors are best at captures for flags...if warriors are so dominant why arent they up their in kills??? Most warmongers are rouge or mage not warriors.....

stealing kills?

so u mean
I have to wait until the fight over then start attacking or give the winner a cookie?
no one can see opponent's hp, how the hell do ppl steal kill?
Who knows if u r winning or losing, ppl just start attack when they see an enemy.

puresai
02-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Secondly, on lb..the top ten in kills has ZERO warriors on it...all mages and rouges...on lb, all hauntlet, crypt, and tombs times are rogues and mages. .. the only imbalance is the warriors...if warriors were so unstoppable theyd be leading all boards, they are slow..dps sucks compared to mage and rouge...long range attack doesnt even come close to rouge...or mage... I anyways I n group with 3 tanks mage and rouge. ..ir 2 warriors, 2 rouges, 1 mage. ..warrior only leads in kills about 5% of time.. Rutherford and cero, my rouge and mage, destroy in kills, sometimes 30-40 in one game, while warriors get 5-15 oun average in a game. ..now yed 1 vs 1 a warrior will take down most....but that rarely happens

I am not taking about who gets the most kills......
You didnt answer any of my question

why mages cant outrun wars?
why can rouges and wars can hit a enemy though the wall but mage cant?
why rouges have longer range than mages(skill attack)? I did not say mages have no long range attack
(correct me if i am wrong)

I DID NOT say mages have low dps,
However, 1-2hit from war, mages' hp will down to 50%(with stun) due to mages' low armor and hp
so..... low dps?

I am just talking about how a mage can survive longer when 1v1 with rouges and wars.
again, any class can kill other class with 1-2hit, its imbalance to me.

BTW
if u do own a rouge or mage and think they r so awesome at killing, why bother play as war?

Energizeric
02-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Stealing a kill is when I have a rogue or sorcerer cornered and I am beating the crap out of him/her, and am about to win the battle, and then one of my teammates shows up and makes the last hit to get the kill. Nothing wrong with doing that when your teammate needs the help, but it's kind of annoying when you are kicking the crap out of them anyway and now someone just steps in to steal the kill that you worked hard for.

warbluefish
02-15-2013, 06:57 AM

Its pvp we r talking about. and also class balancing. not the kill counts. why dont u talk about flag catching? who r the top 10 of that?

Genuinous
02-15-2013, 09:11 AM
What was the one single thing that kept mages alive? Was it their high hp ? Was it their top of every class armor? Was it their super high damage? Maybe it was their shield which after repeatedly getting nerfed is now only a bit of hp bonus... None of these!

Mages were good before this update because they could stun! That was the only single reason a mage was a functional opponent of anyone. A mage is one shotted by a rogue. A mage is dead after a windmill by a war. Hell a mage is even taken to half his life with a lightning bolt with these mages running with coltons now. So why, why would anyone decide to make a 7.5 seconds stun invincibility???? I know I am rages because it is just ridiculous, thoughtless and completely missing the point (imho). Mages were not at all op before this update, but now they are so useless that it just blows my brains...

Could all mages keep a stunlock before update? NO
Could mages beat every war and rogue before the update? NO
Could mages kill whole groups by themselves ? NO (not even 2v1)
And I could keep going... So why why why would you do this STS?

So let me write this down short and simple: if a mage cannot stun, it will die

warbluefish
02-15-2013, 10:01 AM
I could b wrong. I think the charged att knock back doesnt work on the oracle crystal of force in pvp. it doesnt knock back and doesnt stun. it does knock back on mobs though.

i know it works on the watchman riffle but when cap rise the new weapon doesnt have stune. then mages r the class has even less stun time than warrior. only the fireball works. and it only does stun for a blink of eye.

sry i was wrong. the knock back works. just a few times. it doent knock back as hard as in pve maps.

Syylent
02-15-2013, 10:10 AM
My comments on pets were in that thread this will just be on class balance. Like the pets I was surprised. It wasn't as bad as I had thought. I am a little upset you introduced stun immunity and pets at the same time. I think maybe this week adding pets then next week adding the stun immunity would give us a better chance to see each individually and how they affect play.

My toons are a 21 rogue, stun monkey, as some warriors liked to term me.. a 21 warrior and a 18 sorc. I only played the rogue as it was my first toon and my favorite and better equipped than the others.

Damage I didn't see much of a difference. Stun though is absolutely useless. My one counter to a warrior is gone. Even on a fresh warrior my stun last maybe .000001 seconds. I stopped even trying to stun anymore. Now if we compare that to the stun that the sorc has.. I have been frozen many times last night which seems to last almost 5 seconds. For a 1400 health I am dead before I come out. Warriors stun? I am dead before I come out as well. I have to say I was happy that I couldn't be chained stunned. But the way it is now? I get the same effect as before only I have lost my ability to stun.

On me vs sorc. The sorcs I met prior still do their same thing. Shield stun and the fight could go either way. They are fun to fight. The smurf army last was a terror.. someone else came up with that not me.

For a warrior though it is laughable. It is dang near impossible to take one down. Again maybe it is my fault for not grabbing higher health but then I wouldn't have dmg to take them down. I will have to test it some more, but I am not sure how to take them down without the stun monkey affect. Which while I was able to prior to patch it wasn't 100% guaranteed and took a lot of timing of the skills.

My question to you.. Does dodge work against skills? In 1 v 1 (when I find them) it doesn't seem too - at least against windmill. I know it works against regular attacks because I have seen 5 dodges before from trying to hit another rogue. It could be just me but I could seem to test it reliably last night.

All in all it wasn't as terrible as I thought. The main issues were the ones that were already there and just were enhanced by the new patch.

Please try to do something about the macro/script users. It was hilarious to see the tank jump spin vb and bubble all at the same time every time. One of only 3 matches I left since pvp started. I don't leave when its 5 v me.

Darko
02-15-2013, 11:16 AM
I play with my rouge and mags as well... I enjoy the warrior as I love tanking and taking on damage.....I can kill most 1 vs 1 but still feel a well skilled mage is best foe pvp...they can easily kite around, the shield is nice, the stun ia ridiculous, part of this update that's being ignored is stuns...mages can nomlonger stun u to ur death like before. ..if u want to run away try a pet with speed. Or freeIng skill (that skills slows mw to turtle speed) mages are smart though, stay behind warriors foe protection and blast away...

warbluefish
02-15-2013, 11:19 AM
agree with syylent the stun is useless now. skyward smash plus windmill is the pvp god now. u just cant stop it. fireball use to work. now just doesnt make a dinch on skyward. u just watching it come towards u and u can do nothing about it. cant run. stun death. not stuned then windmill. being sneared and a couple of normal att. dead to.

i use to b able sneak in a charged normal att between skyward and windmill and keep a bit distance to avoid the direct hit from windmill and the follow up normal att. but now the charged normal att doesnt work most of the time. there is no way to escape. only use grantie has some chance.

the pet odoes help a bit. but by taking away the stun. we just right back to the begining.

if no.stun mage really cant do much in pvp.

Darko
02-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Agree stun on mages made them great...however as a warrior myself you have no clue how close u guys are to killing a warrior... some of my one vs one battles im in red when I kill you...maybe its akills you ise, are where your passives are allocated....as a warrioe im 2-2 againat a rouge vyrdiania qho took 2nd in pvp tourney...im 5-4 vs cero a mage (before update) I lost to geniousious ( before update) I thought class balance was good... I think pets aince skills vary is unbalanced.... th e best class pets all do different things... I think what best solution is to appease everyone is pets room and non pets room...

Genuinous
02-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I play with my rouge and mags as well... I enjoy the warrior as I love tanking and taking on damage.....I can kill most 1 vs 1 but still feel a well skilled mage is best foe pvp...they can easily kite around, the shield is nice, the stun ia ridiculous, part of this update that's being ignored is stuns...mages can nomlonger stun u to ur death like before. ..if u want to run away try a pet with speed. Or freeIng skill (that skills slows mw to turtle speed) mages are smart though, stay behind warriors foe protection and blast away...

How are mages best for pvp? All you can do is hide behind others (or run like a coward) and hope that you dont get targeted, cos you have no life, no armor and now cant really stun your opponent either? In order to be able to kite you need to stun. You cant just run cos wars skyward and stun you (or least catch up) and rogues just kill you with one shot. Yes, with freeze+gale you could get away, but is that the point of pvp? Running away and hiding behind others, trying to ks them?

Darko
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
true, it takes a skilled mage to do so, but you are one of the best at it as I found out personally.... I thought it was fine before update. ...now with ribbit crit yes mages are squishy....

beneff
02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
After the last patch no sense of mages in pvp. I hope this will be fixed soon because the balance is seriously violated.

Vilified
02-15-2013, 05:42 PM

Warriors have the lowest damage output making it easier to steal kills from them that doesn't mean they're underpowered. And mages were just fine a week ago but now that they took away our strongest advantage without replacing it or taking away other classes advantages mages are garbage. Just because godstouch and whoever else it is like to hug tanks and jack kills doesn't mean we're over powered it means were worthless without someone to follow around

yuriramos
02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Just made mages a lot weaker. The most common feedback on pvp balance was to buff up mages or nerf op classes. The patch just did the opposite.

Bless
02-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Fix up the invulnerability crap guys. Why not just reduce it to half a second of invulnerability or something for pvp exclusive.

Genuinous
02-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Fix up the invulnerability crap guys. Why not just reduce it to half a second of invulnerability or something for pvp exclusive.

Yes that's it, take away the 2 sec of invulnerability from mage shield. They are so op anyway...

Bless
02-15-2013, 07:51 PM

Yes that's it, take away the 2 sec of invulnerability from mage shield. They are so op anyway... atleast someone agrees with me...

A fully geared mage with shield (with 2 sec upgrade), fireball, light, frost will own a twink fully geared rogue...why! Cuz they can kite so its not easy to stun them and on top they stun and on top thy do damage. So within 5 seconds youre dead. Gf.

Add some more hp to mages but I dont want that invincibility crap in pvp.

Ruejade
02-15-2013, 08:05 PM
^ would be bad for lv 21 pvp though. Without shield invulnerability sorcerers are rogue food lol.
However, as for the warrior shield. Nerf it! XD

JuiceBox
02-15-2013, 09:20 PM
^ would be bad for lv 21 pvp though. Without shield invulnerability sorcerers are rogue food lol.
However, as for the warrior shield. Nerf it! XD

Agree with this. Shield can't be spammed either so its fair. We usually die when it does wear off.

ucaflaeba
02-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Mage are OP, thank you STS for removing their stuns, they had a good fight before against my warrior and rouge, I mean they shouldt have a chance right?
My warrior and rogue can now kill them more easily. I can even kill 2-3mages at once now..LoL.

Im so happy when i see a lot of mage on the opposing team now, that means i will get a lot of kill. They were made for support anyways, they shouldnt have the ability to kill. Maybe its better if you reduce their damage a bit, not that they could kill me 1vs1 or 2vs1, but once i got killed when facing 3 mages, pls nerf.

Thank you for nerfing their shield ability, i can now kill mages faster, also could you please nerf their 2s invul so that we can kill them in 1second with aimed shot? Or just remove it completely but give them more HP, like 2000++hp, that way I will still kill them in 1second in 1shot anyway.

Also they have a lot of nukes, please reduce the nukes, its not like they can kill me now but its just annoying..the nuke.

Please add mage's passive movement speed so that they can run away faster, it will add the challenge for us rogues and warrior to chase them, Also please add skyward smash range to 30m and rogues to 30m also.

Please add my warrior heal ability, once a mage nuked me till my health is half. I almost dead to a mage WTH?? They were made for support, how can those blue things got my health to 50% anyways, pls nerf. Well this is a game/fight between rogues and warriors right? Mages is support, PERIOD.

THIS IS A CONSTRUCTING COMMENT, I JUST HAVE TO MADE IT LIKE THAT SO YOU COULD UNDERSTAND.

Thank you STS for giving us this awesome free game..cheers :D

Genuinous
02-15-2013, 11:45 PM
atleast someone agrees with me...

A fully geared mage with shield (with 2 sec upgrade), fireball, light, frost will own a twink fully geared rogue...why! Cuz they can kite so its not easy to stun them and on top they stun and on top thy do damage. So within 5 seconds youre dead. Gf.

Add some more hp to mages but I dont want that invincibility crap in pvp.

Oh gosh... sarcasm people, learn it... i just wish you tried to play an endgame mage in pvp before saying such things...

mafiainc42
02-16-2013, 12:52 AM
What was the one single thing that kept mages alive? Was it their high hp ? Was it their top of every class armor? Was it their super high damage? Maybe it was their shield which after repeatedly getting nerfed is now only a bit of hp bonus... None of these!

Mages were good before this update because they could stun! That was the only single reason a mage was a functional opponent of anyone. A mage is one shotted by a rogue. A mage is dead after a windmill by a war. Hell a mage is even taken to half his life with a lightning bolt with these mages running with coltons now. So why, why would anyone decide to make a 7.5 seconds stun invincibility???? I know I am rages because it is just ridiculous, thoughtless and completely missing the point (imho). Mages were not at all op before this update, but now they are so useless that it just blows my brains...

Could all mages keep a stunlock before update? NO
Could mages beat every war and rogue before the update? NO
Could mages kill whole groups by themselves ? NO (not even 2v1)
And I could keep going... So why why why would you do this STS?

So let me write this down short and simple: if a mage cannot stun, it will die

i love this guy..if i voice my opnion i would be banned for life..judgement punishment uberstun all trash mage in pvp all trash..roguez that use health packs all trash

Lady_Pebbles
02-16-2013, 03:05 AM
The Warriors use charged windmill and boom dead in one hit. If we are getting out of range they use Throw Axe & regular Windmill boom dead. Thing is, -not all Warriors do this with top gear-, some have crappy gear & do it. Same said for Rogues & their one hit kills when toons have a full hp bar. This is when my Rogue, Mage, and Warrior have 2k+ hp. Even at respawns they come in and boom one hit kills. However, I can take down other Rogues & Warriors with any one of my toons while working with a decent PvP PUG. This is why I highly suspect macros/scripts are being used by some groups of players pvping. Probably on Chrome as some players mentioned on the forums.

All that aside, Im glad the stun lock stuff is gone for Mages (sorta). Infinite stuns was just crazy. No class should be able to do that or one/two shot kill. Now we just need some --tweaks-- on skills like Horn, Vengeful, & Windmill for Warriors... Aimed & Piercer for Rogues... and finally Shield for Mages (since Fireball stun was tweaked). Along with survivability of all classes needing to be tweaked as well.

PvP is actually better now with pets imo (minus the one/two shot kills smh). Players just need to figure out which pets work best for your build & play style. While trying to get into matches with players that actually play as a team lol. I can use my PvE build in PvP now.. Yay! Lol

drgrimmy
02-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Mage are OP, thank you STS for removing their stuns, they had a good fight before against my warrior and rouge, I mean they shouldt have a chance right?
My warrior and rogue can now kill them more easily. I can even kill 2-3mages at once now..LoL.

Im so happy when i see a lot of mage on the opposing team now, that means i will get a lot of kill. They were made for support anyways, they shouldnt have the ability to kill. Maybe its better if you reduce their damage a bit, not that they could kill me 1vs1 or 2vs1, but once i got killed when facing 3 mages, pls nerf.

Thank you for nerfing their shield ability, i can now kill mages faster, also could you please nerf their 2s invul so that we can kill them in 1second with aimed shot? Or just remove it completely but give them more HP, like 2000++hp, that way I will still kill them in 1second in 1shot anyway.

Also they have a lot of nukes, please reduce the nukes, its not like they can kill me now but its just annoying..the nuke.

Please add mage's passive movement speed so that they can run away faster, it will add the challenge for us rogues and warrior to chase them, Also please add skyward smash range to 30m and rogues to 30m also.

Please add my warrior heal ability, once a mage nuked me till my health is half. I almost dead to a mage WTH?? They were made for support, how can those blue things got my health to 50% anyways, pls nerf. Well this is a game/fight between rogues and warriors right? Mages is support, PERIOD.

THIS IS A CONSTRUCTING COMMENT, I JUST HAVE TO MADE IT LIKE THAT SO YOU COULD UNDERSTAND.

This made me laugh. Here is my opinion from somone who exclusively plays a mage....
Unlike some of the other mages posting here I don't 1v1 much and usually try to avoid it
with a warrior, unless I know that it is a lower quality warrior. I was never really much of a
stun lock mage, but instead a hide from behind a warrior and nuke mage. This strategy has
proved to be relatively successful, yielding a 2/1 or so k/d fo the last 2k kills (after
a previous 2k kills with a horrible k/d). In this sense the stun invulnerability, although
disheartening, has not made too much of a big difference for me. Just prevents me from
stunning people trying to run away or frusterating dedicated warrior flag runners (who
annoy me :)). I now find that: 1) with Colton I can kill faster, but 2) I also die much faster.
I think this is related to the increased damage from the pets. This is the only real change
I have noticed. And I think not a good change, as less strategy is needed.

Also, to all of you complaining about the 2 second invulnerability of the shield. Not OP at all.
Perhaps only for you twinks where every fight is a 1v1 and you don't really play team capture the
flag. I don't have this upgrade, but I also never die in the first two seconds my shield is up. If you
see a mage put up his shield just avoid him for two seconds. All of us mages have had to develop
strategies for avoiding fatal situations. So maybe all of you rogues and warriors will just have to
adapt to the only one perceived advantage of the mage at this point.

Cero
02-16-2013, 07:14 PM

lmao, i like it:)

add: pls just make all mages die if they try to cast a spell.

mafiainc42
02-16-2013, 10:17 PM

i love it. kudos.

mafiainc42
02-16-2013, 10:52 PM
dont forget to lessin the roguez ability to heal 100% hp to about every 1second

ucaflaeba
02-16-2013, 10:56 PM
lmao, i like it:)

add: pls just make all mages die if they try to cast a spell.

LoL that's too extreme. How about "every time a mage casts a spell, he will lose 25% portion of his life, and reduced movement speed for 50%". That should fix it.

Please also add spell/nuke immunity, once you get nuked by a mage. You are immune to the next spell/nuke for 1 minute. That will balance it a bit :)

LoL I missed the old patch so much..

ucaflaeba
02-16-2013, 11:12 PM
dont forget to lessin the roguez ability to heal 100% hp to about every 1second
LoL, with the immunity to stuns, now we can't prevent a rogue to take their pack and heal to 100% health every 15seconds. A good rogue will throw a pack the first time they got attacked, don't wait till you are red or 50% health, throw it early in combat and you will own.
So, Pls nerf mages heal to 1(one) health per cast, with a cooldown of 5minutes.

mafiainc42
02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
better yet ban everyones account who use mages then send them to prison

mafiainc42
02-16-2013, 11:35 PM
i think mages should just be referees!!!!

ucaflaeba
02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
better yet ban everyones account who use mages then send them to prison

LoL I don't want to go to prison.
Remove immunity from stun, but reduce charged normal attack chance to stun from 100% to 50%. That should solve it.

ucaflaeba
02-16-2013, 11:52 PM
i think mages should just be referees!!!!

No man, we are supporters. We are SUPPORT class remember? Don't you know that already?
Our duty is to SUPPORT rogues and warrior get their kills and flags, we can heal mana remember?
Pls make leaderboards for the most deaths, cause we mage want to be in the leaderboards also(without twinking and farm killing ofcourse).

uzidredar
02-17-2013, 02:07 AM
No man, we are supporters. We are SUPPORT class remember? Don't you know that already?
Our duty is to SUPPORT rogues and warrior get their kills and flags, we can heal mana remember?
Pls make leaderboards for the most deaths, cause we mage want to be in the leaderboards also(without twinking and farm killing ofcourse).

So true. Darn, I'm tired of mages breaking the game with stuns, stealing our kills and devouring the leftover flags that we forget about.
So glad our whining about the stuns paid off. Now can you guys do something about their area heals? :mad:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AHarvey13
02-17-2013, 02:31 AM
When its 1v1 Rouges, its all luck whoever wins. Whoever dodges more wins.

warbluefish
02-17-2013, 03:42 AM
So true. Darn, I'm tired of mages breaking the game with stuns, stealing our kills and devouring the leftover flags that we forget about.
So glad our whining about the stuns paid off. Now can you guys do something about their area heals? :mad:

Haha. Mages even dont allow to take some leftovers. lol. they better to b referees.

Cero
02-17-2013, 07:52 AM
im hoping that the next expansion that brings out new gears will balance PvP.

as of now a good rogue can kill the "TOP Warriors".
rogue: "without glitch your nothing-_-"
with the pets, mostly only one class binefits.

-high dodge (with malison survival is so high)
-high crit (you know)
- decent dmg
- decent armor(better than mage)
-
rogues cry if they get 1-2hits from a warrior.

i quit my warrior and played as a mage after a few weeks. and i try not to loss hope for i like the class. mainly bcos of its difficulty. but dafuq i cant even play bcos of this 1hit scenario. Yes, for crying out loud(lol) make it balance with the up coming expansion filled by the new armors.

pls remove 1hit.

Ghostlytwink
02-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Im sorry to all mages but i have a quick question in what mmo game are mages suppoused to be able to 1v1 a warrior in top gear and win? From what i understand and know in 90% of mmo's mages are support players they cant really 1v1 and expect to win just saying

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mafiainc42
02-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Im sorry to all mages but i have a quick question in what mmo game are mages suppoused to be able to 1v1 a warrior in top gear and win? From what i understand and know in 90% of mmo's mages are support players they cant really 1v1 and expect to win just saying

all its called kiteing

and warriors are tanks not dmg dealers wtfs yur point.

mafiainc42
02-17-2013, 10:41 AM

ALL.... its called kiteing

and warriors are tanks not dmg dealers. nvr new a warrior can mass self and group heal wtfs yur point.

nor was i ever aware that rogues could heal

nvr heard of a mage with a lack of stun, sleep, stone, slow, shock spell interupt etc etc.

and didnt know sts invented its own kind of pokemon. pets in pvp what a joke.

bra we can do this all day u will not win.

warbluefish
02-17-2013, 11:22 AM

Ok. if mages r for the support. please give the skill to support. they the most joke heal in the game. smoke is better than course. they look like belong to the crowd control crew. with least health and least armor after crowd control took all the aggro and die in a sec. for now mages is a class stuck in the middle. they could do anything.but not good at any of them.

Ghostlytwink
02-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Well sts should make mage a support class this what i think

Mages heal should be buffed up to be better then warriors they should keep there shield all there skills should stun not 100% but they should be able to stun they should get more hp lower there damage massivly and they should give them curses that debuff enemies for example low hp by 25% for 3 secs draina enemies mana etc slow enemies you get my drift

Lady_Pebbles
02-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Mages are NOT just a support class. (-.-) I've played games where mages were mostly dps/dmg dealers. Games like ROSE Online & Their Muse Class that can advance to EITHER a Cleric (full support) OR Mage (full dmg/dps), and the Fairy (support) or Summoner (Mage) class in MU Online. Both games have a mage type class thats either support OR magical dps/dmg dealers. On AL, Sorcorers have the same option; i.e. support or not. And with all classes able to heal themselves and have their own buffs, theres no real reason to become a full support class. Especially when the heal skill sucks really bad compared to the other classes. Its dmg/dps is far better than heals.

EDIT: Therefore Sorcerers shouldn't be so freaken weak on AL; weaker than the other classes sure, but VERY weak? Hell no. Their survivability needs adjustment big time. I think it should be weaker if you go full support & lesser if you go full dmg/dps.

EDIT 2: OH BTW!! On MU Online the Fairy & Summoner classes can summon monsters (like pets) to fight along side of them too. Hell I used to have my toon lure some enemies near the safe zone and let my summoned monster kill them while I went afk. Ftw! PvP is also fun there. :)

mafiainc42
02-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Well sts should make mage a support class this what i think

Mages heal should be buffed up to be better then warriors they should keep there shield all there skills should stun not 100% but they should be able to stun they should get more hp lower there damage massivly and they should give them curses that debuff enemies for example low hp by 25% for 3 secs draina enemies mana etc slow enemies you get my drift

sorry bud the only mage class that is a support class is a whitemage or heal mage get a clue dude

rogues/rangers are single target mass dmg class then they die they dont heal they dont tank they do not survive.

warriors tank they dont kill in masses.

and btw mages do the most overall dmg of any class. do sum research bra.
or keep gettin schooled

yuriramos
02-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Add a push back skill for mages. Or 100% push back on a charged attack weapon.

Darko
02-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Well as a tank we are supposed to obsorb damage right. .. I can use koko and still be killed by a rouge in 1-2 seconds... the rouge crying needs to stop.. they are fastest and strongest toons... that's completely unbalanced and their heal. Is nice too, full life each cross...a warrior has crit with windmill at 600 tops, a saw rouge crit 1300, why yall complaining. ...ur damage obliterates warriors health, and mages are null and void now (except in groups) they stand back and shoot....think about this sts, every weapon armor or skill update has hurt the warrior (reduction in damage in all weapons, reduce windmill crit, reduce proc of dark sword, redection of health and armor on newer items) rouges got damagr and dps increase, pets that rule, skills that are ubmatched....mages get stun taken away and got damage dps increase.... it ahould be like this... warriors are slow can take damage and deal damage.. (attacks are slower more daamage though) rouges should have high dps (faster speed for dps) but not as high as damage skill wise as warrior....maybe have a speed skill like flash.... mages should have spells (slow freeze, haste etc) and they should have balace of dps and damage and more health than rouge....so damage is warrior dps is rogue mage is balance of both....thats my opinion...and btw the classes will never be balanced....otherwise wed all have same skills weapons and stats...lol u take want that? But the 1 hit rouges is absolutely ridiculous

Heiki
02-17-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't care how you do it but I want battles to last longer. I don't even care sacrificing some damage if you give me a viable option to be a "paladin" for my party (some crowd control, buffing & healing, very good survivability).

Right now we are forced to spec damage because whatever we do our survivability sucks vs. aimed shot crits. If I sacrifice my damage to help my party I don't want to be the first to die. If so what's the point?

puresai
02-17-2013, 09:13 PM

world of warcraft....... mage can win and many other mmo game. dont think u play that many mmo games.
there are many different types of mages.

In AL, mages are support class? u got to be kidding me, who told u that?
let me see what skill does mage have to help our team?
hmmm.... heal and mana replenish umm..... thats it?!
plus the amount of healing hp from mages' heal skill is a joke

puresai
02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Well as a tank we are supposed to obsorb damage right. .. I can use koko and still be killed by a rouge in 1-2 seconds... the rouge crying needs to stop.. they are fastest and strongest toons... that's completely unbalanced and their heal. Is nice too, full life each cross...a warrior has crit with windmill at 600 tops, a saw rouge crit 1300, why yall complaining. ...ur damage obliterates warriors health, and mages are null and void now (except in groups) they stand back and shoot....think about this sts, every weapon armor or skill update has hurt the warrior (reduction in damage in all weapons, reduce windmill crit, reduce proc of dark sword, redection of health and armor on newer items) rouges got damagr and dps increase, pets that rule, skills that are ubmatched....mages get stun taken away and got damage dps increase.... it ahould be like this... warriors are slow can take damage and deal damage.. (attacks are slower more daamage though) rouges should have high dps (faster speed for dps) but not as high as damage skill wise as warrior....maybe have a speed skill like flash.... mages should have spells (slow freeze, haste etc) and they should have balace of dps and damage and more health than rouge....so damage is warrior dps is rogue mage is balance of both....thats my opinion...and btw the classes will never be balanced....otherwise wed all have same skills weapons and stats...lol u take want that? But the 1 hit rouges is absolutely ridiculous

The ONLY REASON u r playing as war is because u can get more kill than when u play as rouge and mage.
Dont tell me u just enjoy tanking and taking damage thats bs, since u care a lot about ppl steal ur kill.
I dont blame u, if I were u, i would have done the same thing, play as war. Pvp is all about killing and winning.

what i dont understand is why u keeping saying other class is better than war? how imbalance it is to a war.
maybe sts should just delete mages and rouges so u will have nothing to complain.

WARs have the best heal skill, is't it? and now u r saying rouges' heal is better than war?

"war has crit with windmill at 600" thats nearly mages' 45%hp and rouges' 40%hp. rouges crit hit war 1300 is about wars' 40%hp. not fair?
and remember, one rouges' crit hit on mage=death. i dont know why u are crying about this, War can stun too...

"every weapon armor or skill update has hurt war" same as other class.........

"mages get stun taken away and got damage dps increase" take away stun will make mage a ture support class. Support other class to get better K/D......

"rouges should have high dps (faster speed for dps) but not as high as damage skill wise as warrior" WOW this will make WAR have the best Damage, Hp, Armor.

Pokechmp
02-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Mages are NOT just a support class. (-.-) I've played games where mages were mostly dps/dmg dealers. Games like ROSE Online & Their Muse Class that can advance to EITHER a Cleric (full support) OR Mage (full dmg/dps), and the Fairy (support) or Summoner (Mage) class in MU Online. Both games have a mage type class thats either support OR magical dps/dmg dealers. On AL, Sorcorers have the same option; i.e. support or not. And with all classes able to heal themselves and have their own buffs, theres no real reason to become a full support class. Especially when the heal skill sucks really bad compared to the other classes. Its dmg/dps is far better than heals.

EDIT: Therefore Sorcerers shouldn't be so freaken weak on AL; weaker than the other classes sure, but VERY weak? Hell no. Their survivability needs adjustment big time. I think it should be weaker if you go full support & lesser if you go full dmg/dps.

EDIT 2: OH BTW!! On MU Online the Fairy & Summoner classes can summon monsters (like pets) to fight along side of them too. Hell I used to have my toon lure some enemies near the safe zone and let my summoned monster kill them while I went afk. Ftw! PvP is also fun there. :)

Not only those games, but also in PL, whee mages nuke the whole place and the mobs are gone (wonder why). That's why I'm a Mage and sorcerer. And yes, I do agree with u

Also I feel like paladin Is the support in pl, not dishing lots of damage but good with party buffs, heal, and reincarnate

CaptainPoo
02-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Devs seriously...You need to give more power to sorcerers.Feel really pity seeing them died and died again.Died from one shot kill from rogue.Died from windmill and skyward smash from warrior.Really,I mean this sorcerer class is so left behind and underpowered.Have no idea why you still not doing something real to make this class more fun to play.And btw did you guys notice that warrior is too strong?They can kill any class in seconds.They can heal 1200 health in just few seconds.They can go untouchable.They got big damage.All their skill are deadly.Stunlock from mages? Wish you the best that stun keep happening until he died before he jump and spinning you to dead.The conclusion is :
Mages need more power and warrior need nerfed...Rogue is fairly balance

Darko
02-18-2013, 02:46 AM
The ONLY REASON u r playing as war is because u can get more kill than when u play as rouge and mage.
Dont tell me u just enjoy tanking and taking damage thats bs, since u care a lot about ppl steal ur kill.
I dont blame u, if I were u, i would have done the same thing, play as war. Pvp is all about killing and winning.

what i dont understand is why u keeping saying other class is better than war? how imbalance it is to a war.
maybe sts should just delete mages and rouges so u will have nothing to complain.

WARs have the best heal skill, is't it? and now u r saying rouges' heal is better than war?

"war has crit with windmill at 600" thats nearly mages' 45%hp and rouges' 40%hp. rouges crit hit war 1300 is about wars' 40%hp. not fair?
and remember, one rouges' crit hit on mage=death. i dont know why u are crying about this, War can stun too...

"every weapon armor or skill update has hurt war" same as other class.........

"mages get stun taken away and got damage dps increase" take away stun will make mage a ture support class. Support other class to get better K/D......

"rouges should have high dps (faster speed for dps) but not as high as damage skill wise as warrior" WOW this will make WAR have the best Damage, Hp, Armor.

Actually I do love tanking have ever since pl..I loved the taunt skill and pull in pl... but most bears got destroyed in pvp esspecially by mages. Some duel spec bears did alright. ..the classes won't ever be balanced. All have strengths and weakness...a mage isnt going to be effective running flags... and a warrior can't sit away from crowd and use arrows and fireballs non stop... I actually have 3 21 toons all classes...rouge is far better than other two. ..mage does need a dash type skill to run flags..warriors have skyward, and rouges have piercer...know your strengths and weakness use your tea mates. .a mage has no business waddling around by themselves...as far as crit, rouges reload way faster and csn crit that 1300. Few times before warrior can do another windmill....the bad rap on warriors is simple. ... there's more of them so you deal with them more and if there's multiple warriors yeah it sucks. .. but individually a rouge wins 8/10 times against warrior, and im talking both at 100% ready to fight....also most of rouges skills not only are high in damage but all reduce armor which makes the night armor obsolete, and makes mages dissapear all together. When a.lbl 16 rouge can put out over 200 dps, and a lvl 21 warrior tops at 138, i don't see how anybody think that's balance...

Energizeric
02-18-2013, 03:01 AM
Actually I do love tanking have ever since pl..I loved the taunt skill and pull in pl... but most bears got destroyed in pvp esspecially by mages. Some duel spec bears did alright. ..the classes won't ever be balanced. All have strengths and weakness...a mage isnt going to be effective running flags... and a warrior can't sit away from crowd and use arrows and fireballs non stop... I actually have 3 21 toons all classes...rouge is far better than other two. ..mage does need a dash type skill to run flags..warriors have skyward, and rouges have piercer...know your strengths and weakness use your tea mates. .a mage has no business waddling around by themselves...as far as crit, rouges reload way faster and csn crit that 1300. Few times before warrior can do another windmill....the bad rap on warriors is simple. ... there's more of them so you deal with them more and if there's multiple warriors yeah it sucks. .. but individually a rouge wins 8/10 times against warrior, and im talking both at 100% ready to fight....also most of rouges skills not only are high in damage but all reduce armor which makes the night armor obsolete, and makes mages dissapear all together. When a.lbl 16 rouge can put out over 200 dps, and a lvl 21 warrior tops at 138, i don't see how anybody think that's balance...

If you accept that mages aren't going to be able to run flags and that is ok, then there must be some kind of achievement that mages are better at than warriors and rogues. Otherwise the top players are always going to be rogues and warriors. Maybe STS needs to have a new achievement and leaderboard category for PvP. So then tell me, what exactly are mages the best at that can be tracked and ranked through statistics?

yuriramos
02-18-2013, 03:03 AM
Devs hate mages. We just need to accept that. Expect warriors and rogues to become stronger in the next few patches.

syntaxerror
02-18-2013, 05:27 AM
All the classes are balance..
It depends upon who control it :)

mafiainc42
02-18-2013, 05:30 AM
All the classes are balance..
It depends upon who control it :)

this guy lmfao

puresai
02-18-2013, 05:59 AM

"fireballs non stop"? if mages out of mana!??

"use your team mates" yeah.... then accuse mages steal kills?!!!

of course each class have their strengths and weakness,
Balance means each class should have opportunity to win during 1v1. i dont see that as a mage now.

"a mage has no business waddling around by themselves"
why cant mage solo while wars and rouges can? WHY??? class imbalance?!!
when u guys talked about stunlock, please remember that doesnt make mages god just be able to survive.
And it does need skill otherwise mages would own the learboard if its as easy as u said.

if u take a look at LB u will find (farm killing? i dont know)
Rouges: top 25 all have more than 10k kill
Wars: top 14 have more than 10k kill
Mages: top 4 have more than 10k kill

" if there's multiple warriors yeah it sucks. .. but individually a rouge wins 8/10 times against warrior"
so, dont u think both class need to be fixed? yet i only see u complain about rouges and mages.

Again I want to have a fair game, not just hide behind other class......... "steal kill...............

Pokechmp
02-18-2013, 06:08 AM
I actually think mages are the best for pve when u have a tank, but of course, this is pvp. The only other STS game I played was pl, and mages where balanced there because of their huge attack and defense buff, making them kind of op at pve in my opinion. Now, the devs took out the buff, they are still very useful in pve with the AoE skills, but with the buffs gone, they have nothing really that will give them an edge in pvp, like high health/armor or huge damaging skills. Now I think of it, it seems the devs balanced these classes for pve, when there are multiple targets, but in pvp, it normally 1v1, making a class like rogue very powerful.

Haligali
02-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Now there is only 2 sorc in the top25 overall players, can we pls take the flags easier, or more difficult to the other two classes? (for example: no jump with the flag)
And ah, walls are for sorcerers, warriors can jump and rogues can shoot through it. :(

Snalin
02-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Windmill needs change...

1. Random insane dmg outburst (hit 1700 on crit to someone @ l.16....)
2. Windmill should be deactivated when the user is stunned.

Darko
02-20-2013, 11:34 AM
So, reading through this all again, and doing some testing I want to present sone issues ive seen. First I do own all character classes so familiar with all of them...I primarily use warrior and have all end game gear on...I use vengeful horn skyward, and windmill...with a group of peoplewe tested every attack. ..I have 3475 health, 863 armor, 144.6 dps, 128.5 damage with my owl pet.. one charged aim shot from a top gear rouge crit with ribbit hit mw at 2660, and took me down 75% that's so ridiculous. So we tested it again and after aimedd shot quickly did pierce and im literally dead...to kill thw same rouge took me 7-10 seconds.. with vengeful skyward and windmill.but literally if donw right a rouge can kill warrior without blinking...a warrior is supposed to be able to take that...so I said okay lets try this..I put juggernaught on 4000 health, shield on, koko on, cry to reduce 20% incoming damage, took away venge and sky, to make rooom for skills to be a tank...I lasted about 7-10 seconds a little bit betterbut I did absolutely little damage as our dps as a warrior ia so nerfed comparred to other classes..so we have to use skills to produce damage, but in order to have offensive skills we havw to sacrafice our defensive skills. The real issue isnt how op waeriora are. .there are too many variables..I kill a rouge easy id hes running around with heroic gear on...that doesn't mean its unbalanced..mwans your gear sucks...also pwta have a huge difference..there are tooany possible combinations of personal specs combined with pets that ita impossible to accuratly compare balance..some warriors use 9% DODGE gear combined with dodge sword, sacrafice armor and live longer, our equipment has endless possibilities and it will never be balanced if you don't have all top gear..if you can't afford it, im sorry, but quit complaiing...also there are a lot of script users ( you know who u are) one tank took out me an d two other w warriors all with end game gear on, all at full health...users like that give the perception warriors ate unstoppBle and we get nerfed foe it because of bogus whining with no results or proof...warrior end game gear is way more expensive than other classes, and a lot of warriors suffer in pvp because of this...I always hook up a warrior running around with a trollbane as I feel bad. To help the devs continue. To show actual numbwrs...saying u die in onw hit doesnt say the story...gear? Pet? Damage output? Etc...i love usingy rouge rigjt now cause its so easy to kill...ctf is supposed to be team based..thw three classes work together... its not 1vs 1.....ans btw the long range axe throw woth crit fully charged did max of 420 on warrior. .. that's not even close to a long range attack from aimed shot...look at k/d of everyy warrior u see. Most have thousands of deaths and most have more deaths than kills. I saw rouge other day 11000 kills 1200 deaths...there is not o ne warrior with that ratio...other than langzai but we all know why that is...lfull end of gear rouges rule in ths game....and since update sme mages are bad *** with right pets like loki who heal... the ones who don't know how to spec get killed...agan that's not class balance, that's learn to use ur class properly...only fixes are glitches like hitting around corner, trollbane hitting harder than vorpal etc..also that same crit hits a mage with aimed shot that mage is dust....not fair to mages either

Syylent
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
So, reading through this all again, and doing some testing I want to present sone issues ive seen. First I do own all character classes so familiar with all of them...I primarily use warrior and have all end game gear on...I use vengeful horn skyward, and windmill...with a group of peoplewe tested every attack. ..I have 3475 health, 863 armor, 144.6 dps, 128.5 damage with my owl pet.. one charged aim shot from a top gear rouge crit with ribbit hit mw at 2660,.....

I also own a 21 warrior and 18 sorc. I need to respec the sorc but I refuse to spend anymore plat to respec. I have spent enough.

Why didn't you green bubble right before her hit?

Most I ever crit a tank for was 2006.. that I saw.. although a tank said I hit them for 11,000 plus one match. Can't be true.

I have had tanks one shot me with whirlwind... 1500+ health. boom dead. WTF moment. Also lightning bolt does the same thing.

Not sure I see your point. At least you have a couple ways to counter it. Rogues have none.

Have I killed warriors.. yes... Have I been killed by them.. yes.. Have I killed 2 tanks vs me, yes. Have I lost a 2 to a tank, sadly yes... no mana and I cried a little bit.

My main issue now is I get stunned by tanks.. I get stunned by sorcs... I can't stun... If I do it lasts .000000001 seconds. A sorcs stun I am out the whole fight and can't fight back. The warriors stun will root me after it runs off and I just stand there unable to move.

warbluefish
02-21-2013, 04:17 AM
So, reading through this all again, and doing some testing I want to present sone issues ive seen. First I do own all character classes so familiar with all of them...I primarily use warrior and have all end game gear on...I use vengeful horn skyward, and windmill...with a group of peoplewe tested every attack. ..I have 3475 health, 863 armor, 144.6 dps, 128.5 damage with my owl pet.. one charged aim shot from a top gear rouge crit with ribbit hit mw at 2660, and took me down 75% that's so ridiculous. So we tested it again and after aimedd shot quickly did pierce and im literally dead...to kill thw same rouge took me 7-10 seconds.. with vengeful skyward and windmill.but literally if donw right a rouge can kill warrior without blinking...a warrior is supposed to be able to take that...so I said okay lets try this..I put juggernaught on 4000 health, shield on, koko on, cry to reduce 20% incoming damage, took away venge and sky, to make rooom for skills to be a tank...I lasted about 7-10 seconds a little bit betterbut I did absolutely little damage as our dps as a warrior ia so nerfed comparred to other classes..so we have to use skills to produce damage, but in order to have offensive skills we havw to sacrafice our defensive skills. The real issue isnt how op waeriora are. .there are too many variables..I kill a rouge easy id hes running around with heroic gear on...that doesn't mean its unbalanced..mwans your gear sucks...also pwta have a huge difference..there are tooany possible combinations of personal specs combined with pets that ita impossible to accuratly compare balance..some warriors use 9% DODGE gear combined with dodge sword, sacrafice armor and live longer, our equipment has endless possibilities and it will never be balanced if you don't have all top gear..if you can't afford it, im sorry, but quit complaiing...also there are a lot of script users ( you know who u are) one tank took out me an d two other w warriors all with end game gear on, all at full health...users like that give the perception warriors ate unstoppBle and we get nerfed foe it because of bogus whining with no results or proof...warrior end game gear is way more expensive than other classes, and a lot of warriors suffer in pvp because of this...I always hook up a warrior running around with a trollbane as I feel bad. To help the devs continue. To show actual numbwrs...saying u die in onw hit doesnt say the story...gear? Pet? Damage output? Etc...i love usingy rouge rigjt now cause its so easy to kill...ctf is supposed to be team based..thw three classes work together... its not 1vs 1.....ans btw the long range axe throw woth crit fully charged did max of 420 on warrior. .. that's not even close to a long range attack from aimed shot...look at k/d of everyy warrior u see. Most have thousands of deaths and most have more deaths than kills. I saw rouge other day 11000 kills 1200 deaths...there is not o ne warrior with that ratio...other than langzai but we all know why that is...lfull end of gear rouges rule in ths game....and since update sme mages are bad *** with right pets like loki who heal... the ones who don't know how to spec get killed...agan that's not class balance, that's learn to use ur class properly...only fixes are glitches like hitting around corner, trollbane hitting harder than vorpal etc..also that same crit hits a mage with aimed shot that mage is dust....not fair to mages either

Why dont u do some test on mage? and tell us the result.

uzidredar
02-21-2013, 06:56 AM
.and since update sme mages are bad *** with right pets like loki who heal... the ones who don't know how to spec get killed...agan that's not class balance, that's learn to use ur class properly...

Another day another warrior telling us that it's our fault we get trashed in pvp :rolleyes:
A warrior whining about sorcerers being too powerful is absurd. Funny thing is that STS seems to have bowed to rants like these making us a total joke in pvp. I wish they did k/d ratio lb to show how pathetic mages are.
Oh well, at least I voted with my wallet and I stopped buying plat

Genuinous
02-21-2013, 07:32 AM
I wish they did k/d ratio lb to show how pathetic mages are.

I'm still a solid 2:1 K/D :) However I get trashed in fashion in 1v1 situations vs good rogues and even average warriors... I know I could respec to be better vs wars, but then I would not be as good in group fights... Nonetheless I find it really annoying, that I can only survive hiding behind others...

Darko
02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Talk to cero he took off his heal and is a killing machine now...yes he uses his teamates, but 20-40 kills per game is pretty awesome...im going to test with mage to...my whole point is pets bring too many variables to accurately compare classes...I destroyed a rouge yesterday using same pet as me... mine is 21 there's is 14... I have the Advantage. .. doesn't mean my warrior needs to be nerfed, means they need to level their pet...unless we all have end game gear and are speced right, and have the right pets we can't compare. ..to be fair to mages, they have a awesome new monkey coming out...the toucan four rouges is amazing though, combine that with arcane weapon, unstoppable

Cero
02-22-2013, 04:44 AM
I wish they did k/d ratio lb to show how pathetic mages are.

I'm still a solid 2:1 K/D :) However I get trashed in fashion in 1v1 situations vs good rogues and even average warriors... I know I could respec to be better vs wars, but then I would not be as good in group fights... Nonetheless I find it really annoying, that I can only survive hiding behind others...

thats exactly what is happening to me. i hide behind from a good group and cannot survive alone. yes, CTF is a teamplay but it would be better if we have an option like other class to humt solo. in other words KS is my only chance to gain kills.

im just hoping that with this kraken update that the new gears will boost our stats better or else i migh just revive my warrior.

puresai
02-22-2013, 05:04 AM
Talk to cero he took off his heal and is a killing machine now...yes he uses his teamates, but 20-40 kills per game is pretty awesome...im going to test with mage to...my whole point is pets bring too many variables to accurately compare classes...I destroyed a rouge yesterday using same pet as me... mine is 21 there's is 14... I have the Advantage. .. doesn't mean my warrior needs to be nerfed, means they need to level their pet...unless we all have end game gear and are speced right, and have the right pets we can't compare. ..to be fair to mages, they have a awesome new monkey coming out...the toucan four rouges is amazing though, combine that with arcane weapon, unstoppable

Please show us your unstoppable mage.
BUT! If mages need to hide behind teammates to get kill, how can mages be unstoppable?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"unstopable, killling machine=mages? LOL?!" i've got 36kills in one game but do u know how many death i got? and how long did it take?
Killing machine??? u wars will call mages steal machine for cry out loud......

mages are weak not because of pets.......
so stop saying mages are ok with current set up, ppl need to know how to play their toons and ects........., its just annoying.........
I dont think wars and rouges are op, i just want to survive longer as a mage....

Energizeric
02-22-2013, 05:47 AM
I was an unstoppable mage when my lvl21 sorcerer ended up in a lvl15/16 twink PvP game. :banana:

Darko
02-22-2013, 11:18 AM
His k/d ratio is 4:1, that's crazy. ..also I hope the whining stops in here cause clyde is ridiculous for mage...u completely stop your advisary and a little mage will be able to escape.. again the pvp tournament was won by a mage... the final four had zero warriors..weve been nerfed so bad we suck in pve now...last night me, another warrior and a rouge did elite for new maps...last battle was utterly ridiculous. ..our rouge died, me and the other warrior are hitting w ith ribbit crit, skyward smash, whirlqind etc.. the boss has regan and his lifebar is increasing more rapidly than our damage we are inflicting...our rouge comes back and blasts him and the bar nosedives... that's not balance at all ...keep in mind my warrioe has 180 dps and 160 damage and did nothing...I was crit at rangea od 60-225 with all my skills, thw rouge was criting at 1000-1700 every hit and has faster cd. You would think simce we work together in pve you'd want us stronger but now we have no strengths as if we take on damage and taunt im juat not stop puahing health pots...also I saw three level 25 warriors get oblierated by level 22-24 rouges in pvp...

puresai
02-23-2013, 03:07 AM
His k/d ratio is 4:1, that's crazy. ..also I hope the whining stops in here cause clyde is ridiculous for mage...u completely stop your advisary and a little mage will be able to escape.. again the pvp tournament was won by a mage... the final four had zero warriors..weve been nerfed so bad we suck in pve now...last night me, another warrior and a rouge did elite for new maps...last battle was utterly ridiculous. ..our rouge died, me and the other warrior are hitting w ith ribbit crit, skyward smash, whirlqind etc.. the boss has regan and his lifebar is increasing more rapidly than our damage we are inflicting...our rouge comes back and blasts him and the bar nosedives... that's not balance at all ...keep in mind my warrioe has 180 dps and 160 damage and did nothing...I was crit at rangea od 60-225 with all my skills, thw rouge was criting at 1000-1700 every hit and has faster cd. You would think simce we work together in pve you'd want us stronger but now we have no strengths as if we take on damage and taunt im juat not stop puahing health pots...also I saw three level 25 warriors get oblierated by level 22-24 rouges in pvp...

yeah i am whining about mages are too weak, but i didnt say anything about other class, as i said " dont think wars and rouges are op"
mages just want to survive longer when we r alone.
and u think ONE pet is gonna make mages unstopable??!!! have u even test on ur mage or u just guessed??????????????

sorry i dont know anything about "pvp tournament" please tell me whats that? is it leaderboard?

u r not only whining wars are too weak(huh?) but also saying other classes r too strong, even mages.......
this is a "Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback" thread not PVE, all we talk about is PVP,
plus when wars crit hit mages, definitely not 60-225 damage.......

oh by the way in PVE u r a TANK not damage dealer, why r u complaining bout wars doing less damage than rouges???
If wars can tank and DO great damage, what's the need of 2 other classes?

yeah i hope whining stops too........... but whos whining now?

Genuinous
02-23-2013, 04:46 AM

fyi: The tournament happened before the most recent update. It was when mages were still able to stunlock players, hence beating warriors was really easy if you didn't get caught in a stun+windmill. However since loss of stun it has changed. Also 1st mage, 2nd rogue, 3rd war were the results, I don't know how you could want a more balanced outcome :)

Darko
02-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Agreed that mages need to last longer, I believe since update they have ive had a tougher time killing a mage personally. ... as far as pve, I agree with taking on damage, but that has been nerfed so bad cause of the complaining that we can't be killed... so now im constantly using pots cause the heal does nothing.... I agree rouges should do more damage, more in the dps aspect, however it shouldnt take three warriors to equal one rouges output...I never said mages are too strong, just if u learn how to use it u can dominate in ctf atmosphere...we have to remember that we have to thibk of pve as well since tanks are supposed to take on damage and be around it makes since theyd have a strong heal since theyd be still alive...I used to hate sl when id tank and have to rely on engineer to heal and not have control over it...anything that's changed in pvp affects pve and Idon't think that's being thought out very well... offensively warriors should be higher damage, rouges hig her dps, mages a balance of both...defensively, warriors have higher health, rouges highest armor and mages a balance of both...warriors are slow in attack (sword strike, dps rate should be slower) bit the damage output should be higher, just longer cd rate, rouge since they are quick ahould have fastest cd rate in game but each blow a hould be lower damage to balance the faster cd rate) for example if warrior in ten seconds can deal two hits at 1000 , a rouge can deal 1000 in four hits in samw time frame....mages ahould be inbetween the two....also I know a lot of warriors that use shiloh and passives in agility, and use horn blast, combined that's 27% speed increase....that's why they can easily catch u as most are s et up to run flags.... base model warriors are slowest...mages atill need sometime of speed skill like skyward smash and piercer where they gain ground quickly. .. like a quick teleport or something...that I feel is un fair to mage. .....in pl my bear could deal ridiculous damage because I duel speced it. .. I love that abd wish some arcane or mythix weapons could be used by all classes.....this would take more strategy in skills than every class putting points in same category...would make strategy even bettter..i still frel the worst class is warrior for tje average player equip is so expensive for warrior and the average player runs ar o und with crap equip....i blane that on the rich players like me for jacking up prices so much...in sl and pl i never saw prices this high...i remember buying the rare gurgox hammer when 55 was cap at like 25k....that in al would be 550000.......I saw a lvl 21 warrior a week ago with 45 damage and 60 dps....said he can't afford platinum and only gold is from quests...I spend 89.99 I now have 1.7 million in gold and can rule.. thos needa to be taken into consoderation when talking about class balance...the average player will alwats feel as if they are nerfed...darkko is always dressed at santa clause...u see me in game I will hook u average player up with some gear....

mafiainc42
02-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Agreed that mages need to last longer, I believe since update they have ive had a tougher time killing a mage personally. ... as far as pve, I agree with taking on damage, but that has been nerfed so bad cause of the complaining that we can't be killed... so now im constantly using pots cause the heal does nothing.... I agree rouges should do more damage, more in the dps aspect, however it shouldnt take three warriors to equal one rouges output...I never said mages are too strong, just if u learn how to use it u can dominate in ctf atmosphere...we have to remember that we have to thibk of pve as well since tanks are supposed to take on damage and be around it makes since theyd have a strong heal since theyd be still alive...I used to hate sl when id tank and have to rely on engineer to heal and not have control over it...anything that's changed in pvp affects pve and Idon't think that's being thought out very well... offensively warriors should be higher damage, rouges hig her dps, mages a balance of both...defensively, warriors have higher health, rouges highest armor and mages a balance of both...warriors are slow in attack (sword strike, dps rate should be slower) bit the damage output should be higher, just longer cd rate, rouge since they are quick ahould have fastest cd rate in game but each blow a hould be lower damage to balance the faster cd rate) for example if warrior in ten seconds can deal two hits at 1000 , a rouge can deal 1000 in four hits in samw time frame....mages ahould be inbetween the two....also I know a lot of warriors that use shiloh and passives in agility, and use horn blast, combined that's 27% speed increase....that's why they can easily catch u as most are s et up to run flags.... base model warriors are slowest...mages atill need sometime of speed skill like skyward smash and piercer where they gain ground quickly. .. like a quick teleport or something...that I feel is un fair to mage. .....in pl my bear could deal ridiculous damage because I duel speced it. .. I love that abd wish some arcane or mythix weapons could be used by all classes.....this would take more strategy in skills than every class putting points in same category...would make strategy even bettter..i still frel the worst class is warrior for tje average player equip is so expensive for warrior and the average player runs ar o und with crap equip....i blane that on the rich players like me for jacking up prices so much...in sl and pl i never saw prices this high...i remember buying the rare gurgox hammer when 55 was cap at like 25k....that in al would be 550000.......I saw a lvl 21 warrior a week ago with 45 damage and 60 dps....said he can't afford platinum and only gold is from quests...I spend 89.99 I now have 1.7 million in gold and can rule.. thos needa to be taken into consoderation when talking about class balance...the average player will alwats feel as if they are nerfed...darkko is always dressed at santa clause...u see me in game I will hook u average player up with some gear....

i think u talk to much

SouLBlizzard
02-23-2013, 04:04 PM
i think u talk to much

not talk but write too much.
Omg brotha do you think I gonna read that all?

Decrpito
02-24-2013, 02:47 AM
Everybody Knows warriors are way to much op, ppl defending here warriors its because they play that role and dont wanna lose that feeling of being superior without doing nothing, you dont even need a good strategy playing a warrior, without stunlock mages are nothing possibilities killing a warriors as a mage as literally .01% and im being generous, i can throw all ur attack skills 7-8 rounds and the warrior will be still there, just turn combo and mage dead , also warriors kill rogues easy way, that windmill crits 1600 but is aoe, rogues crits 2.5 k or more but just on target, lets put things clear.

puresai
02-24-2013, 05:38 AM

"I believe since update they have ive had a tougher time killing a mage personally"
What update??????????????????????????????? what?????

"I never said mages are too strong"
well, u said mages are unstopable.......................

"just if u learn how to use it u can dominate in ctf atmosphere..."
dude this game is simple not hard, stop telling ppl to learn how to play..................

"warriors that use shiloh and passives in agility, and use horn blast, combined that's 27% speed increase"
wars ONLY need skyward smash to catch mages..................

"base model warriors are slowest"
really???? i dont think so.......... I believe every class has same base speed...

"I saw a lvl 21 warrior a week ago with 45 damage and 60 dps....said he can't afford platinum and only gold is from quests"
THAT GUYS IS JUST LAZY!!!!!!!! I dont pay for platinum, I just did the free platinum. Thats more than enough to get average gear
Also if u do jar run or other elite map like i did, there is no way u cant get enough gold for average gear..........

"the average player will alwats feel as if they are nerfed"
Is this the reason that u keeping saying wars are nerfed?

Post ur comment on pve somewhere else and I dont really care ur experience in other game.............

puresai
02-24-2013, 05:44 AM
i think u talk to much

agree
I might be the only one who read it. LOL

Darko
02-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Yall are a trip lol

Darko
02-24-2013, 01:07 PM
I have screen shots of rouges and mages getting 50-70 kills in a match when most warriors get10-20 if they are good... you can say 1 vs 1 all u want if tank runs into a rouge that has razor already on, that tank is dead.... plain and simple...and p, ive seen ur mage, ive killed u before, you've also k killed me all by yourself, cause u know how to kite....my rouges and mages are great, my warrior sucks...my mage is on lb for pvp..my warrior is m achievement guy and I don't see them as op...only people that complain have never used a warrior

Asahetek
02-26-2013, 04:25 AM
Some warriors are op and can hit for over 2k( 1900+ health and 800+ armour ). As for them not killing lol i've seen many get 30-90+ kills in a game. In one game a warrior teamate and i had 92 kills each.

Rogues are supposed to be damage dealers and the killshots are not automatic and my not happen to many times.

Darko
02-27-2013, 11:17 AM
I did actually come acroos a warrior last night that his skyward smash did 2700 damage on me... that is not normal and something sts needs to look at it. I have 199.1 dps and can't do 1000 on crit...I think people are cheating and if effects how we are viewed...no reason I have 4000 health and 1050 armor and a warrior kills me with three hits, yet im dullu equiped mythic and everythi bc and I co uld only do 300-400 damage on him in return

mafiainc42
02-28-2013, 07:06 PM
mages more worthless ty

mafiainc42
02-28-2013, 09:12 PM
sorry u dont nerf all classes. cuz ya cant figure out how to balance. u just made things worse. grats wonderfull job.

Decrpito
02-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Agreed maybe the best is to remove mage class, they can't Nerf now other classes becaus 2/3 of the population ill be unhappy, actually mage its useless even in bosses, elite boss I hit us, low damage compared to a rogue, low defense low dodge, no more skill spaces for buff or something useful for the party...

thekdub
03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
I am a level 26 mage. I did some pvp for a couple of hours after the update. I didn't notice any real differences than before the update. Still getting destroyed by every warrior in 1 or 2 shots. I'm not going to bother typing up all the deficiencies of the mage class again. It'll just be ignored. Just ban mages from pvp and get it over with.

uzidredar
03-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Confirming we are still helpless against undergeared warriors. Oh well, it's a free game, too bad sts doesn't want us to spend plat

wvhills
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM
sucks for rogues too. I use all my mana and warriors and mages are still alive. I guess the definition of "more tactical, less bursty play" is for everyone to switch to warrior, rush to the middle and spam vengeful, ribbit, shield and windmill.

Plus elite farming is impossible now in pugs. My play time will be 25% what it was before (just doing daily quests). Someone let me know when people besides warriors can pvp and I'll be back.

mafiainc42
03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
yes WvW not pvp

Asahetek
03-01-2013, 03:53 PM
This was a bad idea, instead of nerfing everyone and giving warriors another advantage why don't try to balance everyone.

Rogues were already crippled in the mana department with how much each skill uses and slow recovery even with having 800-1100 and this just makes everything worse since.

wvhills
03-01-2013, 04:01 PM
just everyone except warriors stop pvping and they'll get the message. I respeced to pve and I'm not stepping foot in the arena again.

Asahetek
03-01-2013, 04:04 PM
I do pve but haven't been having much luck for awhile which is why i play pvp so much.

thekdub
03-02-2013, 01:16 AM
I've been withholding judgement on pvp rebalancing until you guys were finished with the new cap. Figured you guys were too busy to properly fix the issues everyone has been reporting. I am now expecting a warrior nerf and mage buff in the very near future. To continue to ignore these glaring imbalances would make me question the competency of the STS staff. Or wonder if you even care. Please don't let us down. I really enjoy this game, but once you hit the level cap, there is nothing to do but farm or pvp. And mages are the worst at both. For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm considering just walking away.

Limsi
03-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Oh the warriors.. haha! I'm sure the devs would look into this.

cheeboez
03-02-2013, 03:24 AM
They should nerf Warriors they are just too Powerfull too much def and high dmg even if u have maxed geared your mage or rogue cant kill a warrior with those crit and def and dmg..... :S

Cero
03-02-2013, 04:57 AM
i was just wondering,
why is skyward's 25%stun chance stuns so much but lightning's 25%stun chance feels like nothing????

everytime a warrior jumps on me that 25% feels like 100% auto-stun.......

Aniscater
03-02-2013, 07:00 AM
i was just wondering,
why is skyward's 25%stun chance stuns so much but lightning's 25%stun chance feels like nothing????

everytime a warrior jumps on me that 25% feels like 100% auto-stun.......
Same. Is that one bug more?

Decrpito
03-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Same. Is that one bug more?

Same here, besides de high armor, hp, long range, they stun more with that 25% chance than our 25% chance skill

Masterpeace
03-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Balanced? T.T the mage sucks right now...
Warr+stun= mage dead
Rogue 1 or 2 hits= mage dead.... now
Mage + 1000hits = warrior 50% life but he have heal
Mage vs rogue is more balance but of u dont have shield = mage dead... i dont understand "what is balance" (sry for my bad english)

wvhills
03-02-2013, 09:23 AM
If u guys ever decide to fix it give us free respecs. I'm done spending plat respecting every time I turn around because u guys are changing the rules all the time.

mafiainc42
03-02-2013, 10:19 AM
did mages heals get buffed yet??

or is a rogue the new mage class??

uzidredar
03-02-2013, 12:24 PM
If u guys ever decide to fix it give us free respecs. I'm done spending plat respecting every time I turn around because u guys are changing the rules all the time.

This
I ran out of plat by resetting over and over.

cheeboez
03-03-2013, 06:25 AM
LOL the mage lightning 25% stun chance such a Lie i never stun people with it and yes Warriors do stuns mages and rogues alot before i can do skills im already dead ok its like wtf? i hit my 3k of mana and warriors still alive..... how???
it's not balanced at all Mage vs Rogue is kinda balanced but vs Warriors im just a walking free kill.... Mages supposed to have good heals and Warriors supposed not to heal cuz it's a warrior with tons of def and hp just annoying when 3 warriors chasing u down
stuns u and we can't do sht about it.... i know life's not fair but this is totally ridiculous.... hope they fix this oP warrior thing yay...

Deformity
03-03-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm warrior... just please fix the Windmill glitch and all PvP problem gone! Windmill still do insane damages after update. Fix it STS

Cero
03-03-2013, 12:33 PM
LOL the mage lightning 25% stun chance such a Lie i never stun people with it and yes Warriors do stuns mages and rogues alot before i can do skills im already dead ok its like wtf? i hit my 3k of mana and warriors still alive..... how???
it's not balanced at all Mage vs Rogue is kinda balanced but vs Warriors im just a walking free kill.... Mages supposed to have good heals and Warriors supposed not to heal cuz it's a warrior with tons of def and hp just annoying when 3 warriors chasing u down
stuns u and we can't do sht about it.... i know life's not fair but this is totally ridiculous.... hope they fix this oP warrior thing yay...

ikr, skyward and lightning has both 25% chance of stunning players but dafuq skyward does like auto-stun everytime they jump.

idea: nerf warrior, a shield immunity just like the stun immunity.
horn has like 15secs cooldown so if player shielded up with his horn he gets no shield from other's horn shield for 7.5secs just heals. (Do it.. Do it.... Do it..)

Heiki
03-04-2013, 05:29 AM
ikr, skyward and lightning has both 25% chance of stunning players but dafuq skyward does like auto-stun everytime they jump.

idea: nerf warrior, a shield immunity just like the stun immunity.
horn has like 15secs cooldown so if player shielded up with his horn he gets no shield from other's horn shield for 7.5secs just heals. (Do it.. Do it.... Do it..)

I'm ok with that. And the insane glitch with Windmill needs to go NOW.

I don't believe the stun thing though. It's always the times when you're stun that you notice it. I stun 1 times every 3-4 casts on my war so i guess it's working as intended...

nelson131
03-04-2013, 07:15 AM
i'm in a 3 rogue 1 mage vs 1 warrior and still can't kill the warrior. yes, i know i'm a noob, but how come warriors still can't die in 4vs1 fights? Warrior range insanely long, omg. or is it just that the warrior is just super, ultra pro? or is it just a lv 25 warrior vs 4 lv 19-22 toons ?

Darko
03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
A lvl 26 pro warrior will take out noobs... that's not class balance, that's not knowing how to play. ... again ask what equip this warrior has. ..if he has mythic gear that's probably why. ..a rouge can still hit at 2600-3000... when I only have 4100 health that's pretty damn significant ..do I need to video this. ...all the rouges I see own warriors...the reason warrioes are tough is there are so many of them... whining, whining, and whining. ...sts years things out with same type if gear for class balance. .. unless you have stats to help them out quit crying. .. I think the update made things more even, but I see kvl 23 mages in game complaining aboout a kvl 26 warrior ..do 1 vs 1 tests...I get stunned a lot don't know who you can't stun...use George , 100% stun, learn ur pets....

Darko
03-04-2013, 11:11 AM
And imo pets are what created the more class imbalance...not everybody can afford top gear plus top pets... are ur pets lvl 26 also??? Cause that's another variable. ....saying I get one hit by warriors and they need to be nerfed doesn't tell sts the whole story. ... eapecially with how pricy gear is after update how many of yall whining in this thread have the best of the best gear available...if ur a mage do u have mythic? Do u have clyde? Etc for rouges, there's new pet that gives mana to all u and teamates...use it... mcraw adds dodge and crit...use it, there's another pets that give health back like a heal try that... there's different combos and you have to try them out....you have to sacrafice something for something else...there's regean pets...but main thing is know where heath cross is at...if im killing mage ill take healyh cross whether I need it or not ..

Lady_Pebbles
03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Hmm.. My mage is lvl26 with top gear (minus mythic helm and using lvl21gems) & lvl 25 & 26 pets (many.. Almost all of them). My Rogue is lvl21 with top gear for that level & some pets around that level. My twink Warrior is lvl12 with top gear for that level too & same with pets.

I do PvP on all of them. More-so on my Mage (ironicly)....

...Many if us have top gear already but its not like we'll all have Mythics anytime soon. Its expensive both trying to get it via plat or via gold & same goes for the lvl25 gems (which I have no idea why no lvl26 version where created... Bummer!).

PvP balance hasn't really changed with the recent update of dmg reduction plus gear tweaks imo.

yuriramos
03-05-2013, 09:05 AM
normally the team with most warriors win. Now thats class balance.

Darko
03-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Ive beaten a team with five warriors and we had two... takes strategy

yuriramos
03-05-2013, 01:47 PM
And imo pets are what created the more class imbalance...not everybody can afford top gear plus top pets... are ur pets lvl 26 also??? Cause that's another variable. ....saying I get one hit by warriors and they need to be nerfed doesn't tell sts the whole story. ... eapecially with how pricy gear is after update how many of yall whining in this thread have the best of the best gear available...if ur a mage do u have mythic? Do u have clyde? Etc for rouges, there's new pet that gives mana to all u and teamates...use it... mcraw adds dodge and crit...use it, there's another pets that give health back like a heal try that... there's different combos and you have to try them out....you have to sacrafice something for something else...there's regean pets...but main thing is know where heath cross is at...if im killing mage ill take healyh cross whether I need it or not ..

No no no. Pets has nothing to do with class imbalance. Without pets, rogues and mages will lose lot of damage/dps which will make warriors more invincible. and you cant rant on how some cant afford good equips or pets, part of having a powerful character in any mmo is your dedication in farming. And of course a lot of luck.

Darko
03-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Im saying equip has everything to do with pvp..

Infrico
03-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Buff mages dmg/armor/hp significantly because they're very bad in 1v1s.

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Im saying equip has everything to do with pvp... unlesa your giving sts specific examples quit whining
I disagree. Equipment is part of it but not the whole shabang! Equipment is there to compliment the way you play (i.e. help you get the build you need for your game play style).

Also, we're not whining. If anything many of us are stating the facts of our game play experiences in PvP & letting them know what we want changed. The main thing we want is to meet our opponents on even ground while on our toons (regardless of any specific class).

warbluefish
03-07-2013, 06:02 AM

Lighting need to be charged to get 25% chance of stun. skyward doesnt. normal skyward has the 25% stun. i bet u dont have that much time charge ur lighting in pvp. i think thats the reason u feel never c it works.

and also a lot players still talking about mages stun. the only stun left for mages its the fireball. and really its not that long. the consquence of being stuned r different. mage only one thing die. warrior has their chance to to recover if not ganged.

Syylent
03-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Lighting need to be charged to get 25% chance of stun. skyward doesnt. normal skyward has the 25% stun. i bet u dont have that much time charge ur lighting in pvp. i think thats the reason u feel never c it works.

and also a lot players still talking about mages stun. the only stun left for mages its the fireball. and really its not that long. the consquence of being stuned r different. mage only one thing die. warrior has their chance to to recover if not ganged.

I get frozen quite a bit. Actually a lot. - seems to last forever too.

Darko
03-09-2013, 12:19 AM
I saw a team of all mages bluefish, baby bentley, and some other absolutely destroy a balanced team od three warriors one rouge one mage all 26s, tired of mages saying they are not good so sts will make them better..I witnessed first hand what a good mage c an do...again most of the time I kill aomeone 1 vs 1 I was really close to dying myself... sts will nerf the warrior so bad cause of u will be obsolete...our equip is already double in cs than other classes.... its hate on warriors... I remember same ceying about bear in pl, than unless u duel speced they became obsolete in pvp...sad really

Limsi
03-09-2013, 07:02 AM
A lvl 26 pro warrior will take out noobs... that's not class balance, that's not knowing how to play. ... again ask what equip this warrior has. ..if he has mythic gear that's probably why. ..a rouge can still hit at 2600-3000... when I only have 4100 health that's pretty damn significant ..do I need to video this. ...all the rouges I see own warriors...the reason warrioes are tough is there are so many of them... whining, whining, and whining. ...sts years things out with same type if gear for class balance. .. unless you have stats to help them out quit crying. .. I think the update made things more even, but I see kvl 23 mages in game complaining aboout a kvl 26 warrior ..do 1 vs 1 tests...I get stunned a lot don't know who you can't stun...use George , 100% stun, learn ur pets....

It becomes a an issue if a majority notices this "problem", open your eyes.

Zyntia
03-09-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm just an average lv 14 Rogue and PVP for me is just fun time, minus drama. BUT.. I came across someone declaring a "hunt" for me and the reason for it is even more interesting. Amusing as it is, I am also a little surprised to find out why. :) So what happened is I walked into a CTF room, unaware of what was happening, and as usual I just went to get the flag (as we are supposed to). Suddenly I get private messages and local msgs from my lvl 16-17 teammates to not capture the flag and get out of the room. What was happening is they were FARMING. And me capturing the flag supposedly meant their farming time was shortened. The players in the other team could not even walk in, they were getting killed by a group of friends just as they entered the room and spawned one by one. When I took a single flag, one of my teammates ordered her friends to join the other team and kill me. Now the request was "Can you all farm Zyntia?"

How dirtier can it get than this, to climb the leader-board? I am open to a duel 1 vs 1 with a higher level player, knowing I might lose too but farming just takes away the fun. And is their bragging right (kill-death ratio or a Leader-board entry) earned through such filthy tactics even valuable?

PVP currently is far from balanced and level matching needs more balancing than the powers of classes at the moment. My suggestion is to make PVP 1 versus 1. It'd be a lot more fun that way. And if not, at least a move should be certainly made to let only same level players play with each other.

Limsi
03-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm just an average lv 14 Rogue and PVP for me is just fun time, minus drama. BUT.. I came across someone declaring a "hunt" for me and the reason for it is even more interesting. Amusing as it is, I am also a little surprised to found out why. :) So what happened is I walked into a CTF room, unaware of what was happening, and as usual I just went to get the flag (as we are supposed to). Suddenly I get private messages and local msgs from my lvl 16-17 teammates (AimedNuke, Xinnzhao, Roccoboqy, Ramboh, Mrtotnak) to not capture the flag and get out of the room. What was happening is they were FARMING. And me capturing the flag supposedly meant their farming time was shortened. The players in the other team could not even walk in, they were getting killed by a group of friends just as they entered the room and spawned one by one. When I took a single flag, one of my teammates ordered her friends to join the other team and kill me. Now the request was "Can you all farm Zyntia?" How dirtier can it get than this, to climb the leader-board? I am open to a duel 1 vs 1 with a higher level player, knowing I might lose too but farming just takes away the fun. And is their bragging right (kill-death ratio or a Leader-board entry) earned through such filthy tactics even valuable?

PVP currently is far from balanced and level matching needs more balancing than the powers of classes at the moment. My suggestion is to make PVP 1 versus 1. It'd be a lot more fun that way. And if not, at least a move should be certainly made to let only same level players play with each other. Sickening sight. Can't believe people would do this and would not even make it to l.b just proves the severe desperation of some.

Note: We're not allowed to posts names of other users in the forums especially when dealing with sensitive issues, just so you know ;)

Dragonrider023
03-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Farmers these days

Cero
03-09-2013, 06:51 PM
lmao,

"Farm is ruined"

crazyliketat
03-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Well all i cansay is it aint no balanced with war..

Out..

Haowesie
03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Question to Devs: Why did the Sorcerers stun get nerfed, and other classes didn't?

I'm not talking about owning or pwning, and I'm not talking about pets. I'm talking about survivability from base skills or weapon capabilities.

So we're not supposed to be able to kill warriors, just like a mouse can't kill an elephant -- but surely we should be able to run and hide like the mouse.

Count two seconds for the invulnerability to wear off... and the 45% damage reduction does not last very long for a sorcerer with +2500hp -- it definitely does not last 15 secs due to the cumulative damage received. That's two shots from a rogue or one windmill crit from a warrior, and the damage is over the 500hp treshold (1125 dmg at 45% reduction) and say goodbye to the shield. Needless to say, when the shield is gone, the sorcerer has already taken damage.

Also from observation, multiple warriors/rogue seem to be able to stun lock (i.e. their stuns accumulates over time, having that feeling that a stun lasts forever, until you're dead), whereas multiple sorcerers shooting fireball does not.

while I'm at it, should I re-mention about the damage range, and throw axe around corners....? :-/

Cero
03-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Question to Devs: Why did the Sorcerers stun get nerfed, and other classes didn't?

I'm not talking about owning or pwning, and I'm not talking about pets. I'm talking about survivability from base skills or weapon capabilities.

So we're not supposed to be able to kill warriors, just like a mouse can't kill an elephant -- but surely we should be able to run and hide like the mouse.

Count two seconds for the invulnerability to wear off... and the 45% damage reduction does not last very long for a sorcerer with +2500hp -- it definitely does not last 15 secs due to the cumulative damage received. That's two shots from a rogue or one windmill crit from a warrior, and the damage is over the 500hp treshold (1125 dmg at 45% reduction) and say goodbye to the shield. Needless to say, when the shield is gone, the sorcerer has already taken damage.

Also from observation, multiple warriors/rogue seem to be able to stun lock (i.e. their stuns accumulates over time, having that feeling that a stun lasts forever, until you're dead), whereas multiple sorcerers shooting fireball does not.

while I'm at it, should I re-mention about the damage range, and throw axe around corners....? :-/

this has been pointed out and prolly maybe perhaps heard by the devs.
lets just wait and see what they'll give us(mages) for the upcoming pvp class update next week.

gundamsone
03-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Before pets were introduced, the art of stunning was a skill and those who mastered it owned.
Now, some pets can perma stun which really takes no skills and is such a random & annoying variable during fights.

I suggest you look into the stun rates on some pets (clyde, hammer, rip, etc) and adjust them accordingly for pvp.

Genuinous
03-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Before pets were introduced, the art of stunning was a skill and those who mastered it owned.
Now, some pets can perma stun which really takes no skills and is such a random & annoying variable during fights.

I suggest you look into the stun rates on some pets (clyde, hammer, rip, etc) and adjust them accordingly for pvp.

Agreed, but clyde does not have 100% stun rate. George does however.. Nonetheless being able to stun 5 seconds straight is enough time to kill players. Should be looked at, agreed :)

mafiainc42
03-12-2013, 04:22 PM
rogues still heal bttr then mages gj sts!!!

Darko
03-13-2013, 02:43 AM
rouges do everything better than all classes due, thats just a face that will never change

Oedid
03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Oedid can't smash >:(

All I can say for certain is my kill death ratio has suffered despite numerous respec's and as a player I feel significantly discouraged. - I may not have a snazzy rogue, or a beastly Sorcerer, but I do know that my quality of play and enjoyment has been vastly decreased. I played warriors before and after "the glitch" and I still cant find a template that can keep up as effectively as before this patch at any time! I hope I find a template soon before this game becomes just another MMO on the list of MMO's I've shelved because they want to "balance" warriors.

-Sincerely,

Loyal Arcane Legends fan

Cero
03-14-2013, 12:42 AM
i suggest letting us have root for timeshift or making lightning stun effect to be cast uncharge.
i played my mage fairly to compete with other class but without stun all we can do is support.

i know you guys are working hard on giving us a GG but mages need more:/

stunning is also a way of support not just healing and giving out mana.

lightning stun cast as uncharge
give us timeshift root effect.

MrFoster
03-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Now mages stuning like crazy, if they hit you first you dead.

Cero
03-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Now mages stuning like crazy, if they hit you first you dead.

how can they stun crazy with the immunity they gave?

timeshift needs to be charge and might fall randomly.
lightning stun is only 20% chance which is barely there.

they killed sorc stunlock for they saw it as unplayable strategy for other team. and made sorc just for healing/mana.

MrFoster
03-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Shield, fireball stun, lightning, normal attacks and you dead...

warbluefish
03-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Shield, fireball stun, lightning, normal attacks and you dead...

if u r right why ppl still playing rogue? as warrior can deal the simular dmg by skyward smah and windmill. rogue would b the weakest class in AL.

gundamsone
03-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Let's all welcome back the all mighty warriors >.>

Cero
03-14-2013, 05:07 PM
StS Owning Class sensus:

PL - Bear?
AL - Warrior
DL - lol
SL - Commando

All are tank class.

wvhills
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Let's all just make warriors.

Darko
03-15-2013, 01:19 AM
bear in PL was terrible in PVP unless it was a duel spec bear with dex bow... Mages destroyed everybody in PL .. BIrds were second, and bears were last... in SL, engineers were weak as hell in PVP, agreed iwth you there, but cammondo was only second best..I still feel in AL rouge is best by far... they can kill 1 vs 1, and can speed kill in groups..

warbluefish
03-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Now its even harder for mages to get away. as more warriors using axe throw. also STS seems promote mages to use time shift more. but the skill is flawed. skyward smash and piecer can jump out of it. and skyward can jump overit when timingis right. and also warrior dont need go near it. they just use axe to drag u through it from the other side. its not that useful in pvp unless with the root. not mention it really hard to place it at where u want. it is the skill i still trying to master. as free respec finish at monday maybe i just go back touse freeze.

warbluefish
03-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Does the axe through debuff reduce armor? or the new VB . i feel dies much quicker when drag in by warrior even with the shield on.

Syylent
03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Does the axe through debuff reduce armor? or the new VB . i feel dies much quicker when drag in by warrior even with the shield on.

It supposed to if you spend the point on it. Think 10% just like Aimed Shot.

The damage was upped.. rightfully so, it was horrible before more of a gimmick.

thekdub
03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
As a mage, I was so happy when I saw the patch that came out on 03/12. I thought, finally, a step in the right direction. Then I see the update on 03/14. FML.

uzidredar
03-16-2013, 10:12 AM
As a mage, I was so happy when I saw the patch that came out on 03/12. I thought, finally, a step in the right direction. Then I see the update on 03/14. FML.

Me too. Mages are doing something wrong on these threads. We have been complaining about our flaws on pvp for 2 months now with 0 results to show. Warriors get a tiny nerf, they scream and whine and they get fixed in 2 days.
This is ludicrous.
STS truly does not want mages playing pvp, plain and simple :banghead:

Syylent
03-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Me too. Mages are doing something wrong on these threads. We have been complaining about our flaws on pvp for 2 months now with 0 results to show. Warriors get a tiny nerf, they scream and whine and they get fixed in 2 days.
This is ludicrous.
STS truly does not want mages playing pvp, plain and simple :banghead:

Think about it. There was a glitch that made warriors too powerful.. You whined about it and it was fixed. You whined about HoR. They didn;t touch it. You said nothing about VB. They changed it (for the good or worse? that is up for debate). They hit warriors hard with their damage.. too hard. Then they gave them a little back. Also made axe throw a decent skill.

Tiny nerf? hahahaha It was far from tiny.

Basically you are saying you want sorcs nerfed.. Then a couple days latter give them a little bit back?

Seriously? What is it you said? :banghead:

Jerahmeel De Guzman
03-16-2013, 10:44 PM

Ever played Dragons Nest?
Sorcs are suppose to be squishy with their low vitality (health and armor), however, their AoE stuns IS what makes up for it and a key to their survivability.
Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tc7dWKro78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpJXO-b3xmg

This is what a balanced pvp is suppose to look like. Sorcs putting up a good fight against a tank and uhhhhh a rogue'esque class where it is NOT one sided and actually win.

Cero
03-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Gnest = GG

sts games still need more improvement. I've been disappointed of what it is now but still i believe StS has still got more to give for us. so im here to stay.
i still find thier games a quick/hardcore playable ones.

Darko
03-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Something needs to be done with rouge med pcks. Nobody will argue that warriots have most health as they should right? Average end game warrior has around 4000 health rouge is 2200, med packs take 47 mana and 15 sec cd...warriors is 56 mana and 15 sec cd...so when a rouge manages their packs well, each one has 75% healtg...thas 1650, plus its instant (not slow and progressive as warriors)so that's 4950 they can heal in 15 seconds...their total health can be. 7150...warrior geys progressive rate, ill times 457 (max) times 4..plus 4000 equals 5828 maximun in 15 seconds...even if u sprinkle in a couple hundred from vengeful. And regean, the rouge has potential for way more life if done properly...so how come they get a skill that makes their weakness superior to warriors strength, yet warrior has nothing even close to give same crit as a rouge...this should be reduced to 50 or 25% , theu already have best dodge, best crit, best pets, best weapon, best damage, best dps, fastest cd, fastest mana regen, and now they get most health? Can someone from sts explain the logic behind that please?

mafiainc42
03-18-2013, 01:55 PM
yes they need to be nerfed extremely op skill especislly at lvls 16 and below. 100% heal every 15s is a joke. 100% heal on any class is a fail!! especislly on a class who has the potentiol to one hit u. but sadly the devs love there roguez and always seem to look past them. magez get what 10% back on there heals. u ppl confused on class builds? can a dev give some feed back on this!!

and sorry to rogue users, dont take much skill to run away and charge yur packs especially knowing yur gonna get a fresh start at 100% hp.

nerf med packs and yur pvp will be balanced. PERIOD!!!

jtst
03-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Something needs to be done with rouge med pcks. Nobody will argue that warriots have most health as they should right? Average end game warrior has around 4000 health rouge is 2200, med packs take 47 mana and 15 sec cd...warriors is 56 mana and 15 sec cd...so when a rouge manages their packs well, each one has 75% healtg...thas 1650, plus its instant (not slow and progressive as warriors)so that's 4950 they can heal in 15 seconds...their total health can be. 7150...warrior geys progressive rate, ill times 457 (max) times 4..plus 4000 equals 5828 maximun in 15 seconds...even if u sprinkle in a couple hundred from vengeful. And regean, the rouge has potential for way more life if done properly...so how come they get a skill that makes their weakness superior to warriors strength, yet warrior has nothing even close to give same crit as a rouge...this should be reduced to 50 or 25% , theu already have best dodge, best crit, best pets, best weapon, best damage, best dps, fastest cd, fastest mana regen, and now they get most health? Can someone from sts explain the logic behind that please?

wrong math, heath packs don't give 3x75 = 225%, but smh 3x30 + self heal + hot = about 150%
rogue already doesn't need health pack in pve, if it would be nerfed, it can become useless in pvp too
Despite this, I agree with health packs nerf, and introducing another surviving abilities for rogue: real stun, lifesteal ability (vampirism), vanish or invulnerability for 2sec like other classes have.

mafiainc42
03-18-2013, 02:10 PM
sorry roguez dont need anymore skills. nerf those packs a lil and pvp will be balanced.

nerf packs and increase cd.

jtst
03-18-2013, 02:14 PM
sorry roguez dont need anymore skills. nerf those packs a lil and pvp will be balanced.

after nerfing packs and not giving anything to survive don't forget nerfing warrior hp in half, or smh double current rogue's dps

Darko
03-18-2013, 02:19 PM
No ive tested on my rouge it gives me 75% :/ unless that's a glitch. .. it should be lower percent, completely unfair, or give longer cd, not 15 seconds, cause all theu so is use one pack every five seconds and have full life.. . Simple

mafiainc42
03-18-2013, 02:20 PM

after nerfing packs and not giving anything to survive don't forget nerfing warrior hp in half, or smh double current rogue's dps

umm last time i checked yur a rogue not a mage or warrior. mages nor rogues is really suppose to survive!!

some common sense for ya.

jtst
03-18-2013, 02:23 PM
No ive tested on my rouge it gives me 75% :/ unless that's a glitch. .. it should be lower percent, completely unfair, or give longer cd, not 15 seconds, cause all theu so is use one pack every five seconds and have full life.. . Simple

As a rogue, I am willing to trade this OP skill to any other dmg/stun buff, which gives me possibility to kill warrior 1v1. Deal?

mafiainc42
03-18-2013, 02:24 PM

As a rogue, I am willing to trade this OP skill to any other dmg/stun buff, which gives me possibility to kill warrior 1v1. Deal?

didnt the devs give u a stun weapon and not the other classes. u have enough skills dude!!

jtst
03-18-2013, 02:32 PM
didnt the devs give u a stun weapon and not the other classes. u have enough skills dude!!

stun weapon to rogues and not other classes?
there is definitely stun weapon for warrior (blackwater), and there are no stun daggers for rogue. Charged attack gives you small chance of 0.1 ms stun. Bow gives you some chance to stun, without health packs you will die even if you lucky to stun. Rogues rely on 2 skills in pvp: aimed shot and health packs. Nerfing any of them you kill rogue class

mafiainc42
03-18-2013, 02:34 PM

stun weapon to rogues and not other classes?
there is definitely stun weapon for warrior (blackwater), and there are no stun daggers for rogue. Charged attack gives you small chance of 0.1 ms stun. Bow gives you some chance to stun, without health packs you will die even if you lucky to stun. Rogues rely on 2 skills in pvp: aimed shot and health packs. Nerfing any of them you kill rogue class

naw will balance the classes :-)

nerf them badboy packs we will see all the rogues rq every match.

the only skill that puts u way ahead of the rest of the classes are those packs!!

worse then wind glitch imo.

Darko
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Only skill???lol yall destroy people with razor and smoke combined with aim, ur dps is ridiculous, u dodge 1/3 of all attacks, plus u get heAlth all together. .. honestly mages should have health packs...rogues should have weakest health skill, yet they have strongest. .. you get 75% every 15 seconds, warrior gets 50% if that over 15 seconds. .cd should be longer for rouge opacks.. rouges are kill easily die easily, by trade, now they are like rouge tanks. ..

mafiainc42
03-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Only skill???lol yall destroy people with razor and smoke combined with aim, ur dps is ridiculous, u dodge 1/3 of all attacks, plus u get heAlth all together. .. honestly mages should have health packs...rogues should have weakest health skill, yet they have strongest. .. you get 75% every 15 seconds, warrior gets 50% if that over 15 seconds. .cd should be longer for rouge opacks.. rouges are kill easily die easily, by trade, now they are like rouge tanks. ..

i like this guy!!!

hippl
03-18-2013, 03:58 PM
i like this guy!!!

hell yeah, pure emotions, no real arguments! and 2-page posts of complains

mafiainc42
03-18-2013, 04:02 PM
i like this guy!!!

his arguments are pure truth!!

Bootydots
03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Couldnt agree more mages have been throwing posts here n there for a while now about the imbalances in pvp and nothing has been done. Then we had all the QQ warrs for 2 days and they get a massive buff???? WTF

Cero
03-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Couldnt agree more mages have been throwing posts here n there for a while now about the imbalances in pvp and nothing has been done. Then we had all the QQ warrs for 2 days and they get a massive buff???? WTF

they dont see mages as 1v1 guy but as a support for the team. thus mages go for

shield - tanking for 2secs(lol)
lifegiver - support
fireball - aoe stun/dmg
lightning - nuke skill

it sucks that you have to give up one nuke skill for shield to survive.... i mean prolong your death.

Genuinous
03-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Problem with mages is:

When they go full support, they are super useful for their team. When a mage stuns, freezes, roots the enemy, plus uses clyde for another group stun, then mage is really strong. At least when you look at it from a groups perspective. So your group will win, but you won't get any kills.... Yay... On the other hand when you look at 1v1 mages simply don't have the damage output for 1v1. Their aoe (which is why mages are good for groups) is just making them weak in 1v1 situations.

Solutions:
-Introduce the concept of win and loss to CTF games. This would then allow mages to actually do what they are best at and be team players. If you gave an incentive to play support (like mages do in pve), people would care a bit less about no kills.
-Increase primary dmg and lower secondary dmg of mage skills. Currently a fireball will dmg all opponents by the same amount, lets say 250 dmg dealt to each. Now if you instead changed it, so that your primary target received higher dmg (eg 400) and the secondary targets received less dmg (eg 100), then mages would stand a chance in 1v1 and not completely lose their purpose as crowd control and aoe characters. This change would be really nice, if it only applied for pvp, since such change would greatly diminish mage skills in pve.

Limsi
03-19-2013, 07:48 AM

I really lol'd at this. He only talks of the same things everytime.

uzidredar
03-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Problem with mages is:

When they go full support, they are super useful for their team. When a mage stuns, freezes, roots the enemy, plus uses clyde for another group stun, then mage is really strong. At least when you look at it from a groups perspective. So your group will win, but you won't get any kills.... Yay... On the other hand when you look at 1v1 mages simply don't have the damage output for 1v1. Their aoe (which is why mages are good for groups) is just making them weak in 1v1 situations.

Solutions:
-Introduce the concept of win and loss to CTF games. This would then allow mages to actually do what they are best at and be team players. If you gave an incentive to play support (like mages do in pve), people would care a bit less about no kills.
-Increase primary dmg and lower secondary dmg of mage skills. Currently a fireball will dmg all opponents by the same amount, lets say 250 dmg dealt to each. Now if you instead changed it, so that your primary target received higher dmg (eg 400) and the secondary targets received less dmg (eg 100), then mages would stand a chance in 1v1 and not completely lose their purpose as crowd control and aoe characters. This change would be really nice, if it only applied for pvp, since such change would greatly diminish mage skills in pve.

Do you realize that we have been saying this since Feb. 14 with no fixes of any kind?
STS stated that this is not feasible as the game is meant to be played as a team and the sorcerer is to provide support from behind (with a pitiless number of kills of course which is the stick by which pvp is being measured).
What they are telling us is that unless you want to help your rogue buddy amass the killstreaks you should not play pvp. Let's stop beating this dead horse once and for all please.

warbluefish
03-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Do you realize that we have been saying this since Feb. 14 with no fixes of any kind?
STS stated that this is not feasible as the game is meant to be played as a team and the sorcerer is to provide support from behind (with a pitiless number of kills of course which is the stick by which pvp is being measured).
What they are telling us is that unless you want to help your rogue buddy amass the killstreaks you should not play pvp. Let's stop beating this dead horse once and for all please.

i found one thing interesting. there r only two replies from Devs in sorc class discussion section in forum. and have a look how many they replied in rogue and warriors. lol

Darko
03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Lim, that's cause nothing changes, rouges have best at everyrhing, im actually loving my rouge cause I destroy everybody lol... its so not fair...mages through sts have always, always, had best heal in game, now they have crap, I feel for them...warriors need a skill like razor or smoke that promotes secondary damage on top of primary skills.... gen, I love the concept of wins/losses, and if u leave a game that's a loss ;) would make games fubber and more competitive. Ive given up on 1 vs 1 until sts fixes it. Warrior vs rouge, rouge wins 90% of time unless your norbeh...but one guy diguring it out doesn't mean warriors are good....warrior vs warrior is an hour long yawn fest, and warruor vs mage is poor mage. Its pointless right now so I just speced for ctf, as this is pretty balanced for teams imo, 1vs1 is not even close

Darko
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Blue, I agree the sorcer class gets ignored, most devs ive seen play rouge. .sam plays warrior but straight warrior, shield all armor type of warrior would get killed 1 vs 1, and sts made a ctf room, not 1 vs 1. I don't think you can balance both. ..ctf is ok rightnow now, just don't be alone or ur dead

Syylent
03-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Lim, that's cause nothing changes, rouges have best at everyrhing, im actually loving my rouge cause I destroy everybody lol... its so not fair...mages through sts have always, always, had best heal in game, now they have crap, I feel for them...warriors need a skill like razor or smoke that promotes secondary damage on top of primary skills.... gen, I love the concept of wins/losses, and if u leave a game that's a loss ;) would make games fubber and more competitive. Ive given up on 1 vs 1 until sts fixes it. Warrior vs rouge, rouge wins 90% of time unless your norbeh...but one guy diguring it out doesn't mean warriors are good....warrior vs warrior is an hour long yawn fest, and warruor vs mage is poor mage. Its pointless right now so I just speced for ctf, as this is pretty balanced for teams imo, 1vs1 is not even close

"gen, I love the concept of wins/losses, and if u leave a game that's a loss ;" I used to think this too. On my lvl 21, I was in quite a few matches with 25s last night. I don't want to penalized for leaving a match where everyone is 4 levels higher than me.

Then again.. K\D means nothing except you got the kill shot. Like I said means nothing.

warbluefish
03-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Blue, I agree the sorcer class gets ignored, most devs ive seen play rouge. .sam plays warrior but straight warrior, shield all armor type of warrior would get killed 1 vs 1, and sts made a ctf room, not 1 vs 1. I don't think you can balance both. ..ctf is ok rightnow now, just don't be alone or ur dead

I totally understand. i respec my mage for team support now. not getting kills as many as before but team r winning. hope STS not only rewards kills and flags. specially flags. its just too hard for little mage to carry the big dimond. lol

Genuinous
03-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Since everyone keeps looking at my other suggestion, I'm gonna repost this one so it doesn't get lost...

Also while at mages, pls make total absorbed dmg from arcane shield linked to our dmg. Twinks complain about the shield being too strong and as we lvl up 500 hp is soon getting meaningless...

Darko
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Problem is u can't balance twinks, and end gamers at same time...too many variables...I actually think twinks ruin the pvp balance for the rest

Genuinous
03-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Balancing shield so that it would be related to your dmg would actually be good for endgame mages, as total dmg reduction would increase as they lvl up. Also it'd bring balance to twinks, as the reduction won't be op. I'm not saying balance everything for twinks, but in this case it would make sense (like all other skills) that the output of the skill got better as you lvl up. Why should a shield on a lvl 26 and a lvl 10 mage have the same effect?

yuriramos
03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
a 100% chance of push proc on a charged weapon would be nice.

vholt
03-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Balancing shield so that it would be related to your dmg would actually be good for endgame mages, as total dmg reduction would increase as they lvl up. Also it'd bring balance to twinks, as the reduction won't be op. I'm not saying balance everything for twinks, but in this case it would make sense (like all other skills) that the output of the skill got better as you lvl up. Why should a shield on a lvl 26 and a lvl 10 mage have the same effect?

This should be applied to the lifegiver regen effects too.

Excuses
03-20-2013, 01:12 AM

Funny that they keep asking if it is balanced.
Pointless.

Genuinous
03-20-2013, 03:46 AM
This should be applied to the lifegiver regen effects too.

Lifegiver is directly related to your mana and hp. Whether it is strong enough is another question...

warbluefish
03-20-2013, 04:20 AM
500 dmg observe is just not enough for game end pvp. it should be related to int as other skills. its more fair too every one.

Cero
03-20-2013, 04:53 AM
500 dmg observe is just not enough for game end pvp. it should be related to int as other skills. its more fair too every one.

now that you guys mentioned it. the arcane shield dmg absorb cant hold long rogue's dmg and sorc dmg. i just hope this skill is part of their mages update as what swede mention.

vholt
03-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Lifegiver is directly related to your mana and hp. Whether it is strong enough is another question...

No i mean the regen effects, like the regen 10 mana every second for 5 seconds or something like that. The regen effects are quite insignificant now

Genuinous
03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
No i mean the regen effects, like the regen 10 mana every second for 5 seconds or something like that. The regen effects are quite insignificant now

Oh I see... Yeah.. Those are quite pathetic...

Bootydots
03-22-2013, 01:48 AM
(From a sorc's point of view) yea i am officially done with pvp.... if something is not done about warrs being able to fully heal and grant invulnerability to the entire team, then i have no more hope, STS you do realize you have given warriors a sorc's heal and arcane shield combined in 1 attack pretty much, maybe even better then both of them combined(considering we have to take the time to cast 2 spells, plus the fact we r then stuck with only 2 offensive attacks, PLUS the fact that our arcane shield invulnerability does not go to our teammates). with the obvious fact they can already take a tank load of hits, wtf were u all thinkin??? cause i am speechless, And do i really need to explain the insignificance of the 5 mana 10 hp regens at level cap??? The 500ish damage absorbed (assuming the amount because thats the vague information we are given on that point of the skill). THIS IS TRULY THE MAIN PROBLEM IN PVP BALANCE so feel free to take a good look at it =).

Darko
03-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Packs really do need to be nerfed, and ill show you a fair comparison between me and a top rouge. ..this will be a comparison of facts and not whining as some put it. ..we both have mythic end game gear. (No nefarious hooks), both woth malison for equal comparison my numbers look like this (latter is with vengeful buff)*darkko: health 4095/4595Dodge 2.8%Crit. 6.9%/31.9%Dam. 180.8/198.5Mana. 890Dps. 203.4%/223.3%Armor. 1141Rogue:AOIOHealth. 2554Dodge. 28.45%Crit. 17.42%Dam. 193.7Mana. 695Dps. 348.6Armor. 868Okay we will look at stats at 15 seconds since thats cd time and about how long a usual fight lasts... (1 vs 1 )With vengeful buff, adding horn with 25% increase at MAX output of 452 health, my warrior can have max health of 6855 during this 15 second period....this rouge with 15% add on, and 10% buff from piercer, can have total of 5872 during same 15 second period... (this does not incluse small buff from vengeful while being hit, and does not include selfheal, or healing effects for rouge) so basicaly this battle looks like thisI have 14% more healthI have 24% more armorThey have 91% more dodge ( balanced would be 14% more)They have 64% more dps (balanced would be 24% more)Now just looking at stats, warriors strength is health and armor, rouges strength is dodge, crit, and dps. Vengeful does help out crit. But basically there weakness os beong negated woth health packs added with a ridiculous dodge percentage, if a warrior.l wanted same dodge there health would be extremely low. We have no skill that helps us get close to their dodge or dps, so why should they have a skill that gets close to our health, combined woth dodge, they are very hard to kill (3/4) in final four in tourney were rouges. Mages are even worse, having 123-153 health plus 100 over ten seconds, however there shield is super nice....bit once shield is off they are like a squishy fluff, mages and rouges should swap health skills...

gundamsone
03-22-2013, 02:04 PM
You mages gotta realize that the reality is your class is superior in PVE and not so much under 1v1 situations in CTF.
If you really want to stand a chance vs rogues then that's basically asking for an AOE Aimshot or something similar to the bugged windmill which aint going to happen.
I've pvped for quite some time over the last few weeks and the top mages do their fair share vs rogues or wars even so in no way are you guys THAT underpowered.

Darko
03-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Agree ragarding mage damage with aoe, need better heal

Bootydots
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
You mages gotta realize that the reality is your class is superior in PVE and not so much under 1v1 situations in CTF.
If you really want to stand a chance vs rogues then that's basically asking for an AOE Aimshot or something similar to the bugged windmill which aint going to happen.
I've pvped for quite some time over the last few weeks and the top mages do their fair share vs rogues or wars even so in no way are you guys THAT underpowered.

And i think you should realize a properly made MMO is both balanced with pve and pvp, no classes should have any advantage in either of em they have their strong points but never should there be a disadvantage. Lemme guess you are a warr??? Roll a mage against a warr who knows how to cast a heal and tell me how it goes =))

gundamsone
03-22-2013, 03:12 PM
And i think you should realize a properly made MMO is both balanced with pve and pvp, no classes should have any advantage in either of em they have their strong points but never should there be a disadvantage. Lemme guess you are a warr??? Roll a mage against a warr who knows how to cast a heal and tell me how it goes =))
I'm not a war and I got all 3 classes so i'm talking from a neutral standpoint.
And MMOs are never balanced.
People play certain classes b/c they excel in certain areas.

And mages are NOT at a disadvantage. Pro mages know how to play in a party to maximize their effectiveness while other mages (& too many of you) feel like they can be a rogue and go around pew pew pew for kills.

Darko
03-22-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm not a war and I got all 3 classes so i'm talking from a neutral standpoint.

And mages are NOT at a disadvantage. Pro mages know how to play in a party to maximize their effectiveness while other mages (& too many of you) feel like they can be a rogue and go around pew pew pew for kills.

Or go gung ho by themselves trying to be a warrior

Bootydots
03-22-2013, 06:26 PM
(From a sorc's point of view) yea i am officially done with pvp.... if something is not done about warrs being able to fully heal and grant invulnerability to the entire team, then i have no more hope, STS you do realize you have given warriors a sorc's heal and arcane shield combined in 1 attack pretty much, maybe even better then both of them combined(considering we have to take the time to cast 2 spells, plus the fact we r then stuck with only 2 offensive attacks, PLUS the fact that our arcane shield invulnerability does not go to our teammates). with the obvious fact they can already take a tank load of hits, wtf were u all thinkin??? cause i am speechless, And do i really need to explain the insignificance of the 5 mana 10 hp regens at level cap??? The 500ish damage absorbed (assuming the amount because thats the vague information we are given on that point of the skill). THIS IS TRULY THE MAIN PROBLEM IN PVP BALANCE so feel free to take a good look at it =).

BUMP

Excuses
03-23-2013, 01:01 AM

Then why is STS trying to balance them?
Why this thread is on sticky?
And why are we talking about it?

I do agree with you somewhat. Mage should not play like rogue and warrior in team. Every class has their role and it's important.
But if you really play juat as it is, warrior and mage get only lucky kills, but rogue will get intended kills. And what we get from pvp is number of kills and flag only. Winning from flag is meaningless(some do care, I mean you get no reward. But number of kill makes you feel strong or something...), so people farm for kills more. That's what people feel bad about. Because they can't make kills like rogue. So people even call 'stealing kills'

So my point was, if each class can fight 1on1 briefly fair, we can say 'classes are balance'.
And people will not feel SO bad like this because they can fight back at least.
Right now it is hard for mage to fight, be able to run or dead.
Yes. Some good mages know how to play, but in general it is harder than other class.

So we are talking about how to balance these classes I think.

Or like I suggest on other thread, STS need to change whole pvp system so people can play as team better.

Darko
03-23-2013, 03:10 AM

Rogues health is better than warriors why not timeb on that, that should is crucial for all members in pve .. you'd have same two second shield plus warriors around you. ..warriors are also limited to two attack skills were you aware of this. . Only rouges can have three and be effective. .the regean for manage is a joke as is vengeful regean..tank load of hits? One aimed shot will take half warrior life .. and they can do it again in two seconds lol, shorter than it takes for horn to work

Bootydots
03-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Rogues health is better than warriors why not timeb on that, that should is crucial for all members in pve .. you'd have same two second shield plus warriors around you. ..warriors are also limited to two attack skills were you aware of this. . Only rouges can have three and be effective. .the regean for manage is a joke as is vengeful regean..tank load of hits? One aimed shot will take half warrior life .. and they can do it again in two seconds lol, shorter than it takes for horn to work

Because rogues are of no concern to me??? the only time a rogue gets a kill on me is with a lucky 1 shot,other than that they are pretty easy to kill. and as a warr you can simply heal yourself and grant invulnerabilty, so if your dying in 2 shots as a warr u r doing something majorly wrong???? And yes Warriors have 2 offensive attacks typically also, But atleast their attack gives them a incredible buff. to increase their damage output?? i would say that makes up for the fact they only got 2 attacks wouldnt you??? And comparing mana regens with a warr to a sorc??? yes they both give off about the same mana regen, u fergot to account that a sorc's skills costs much more mana then a warrs or rogues though....

Darko
03-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Because rogues are of no concern to me??? the only time a rogue gets a kill on me is with a lucky 1 shot,other than that they are pretty easy to kill. and as a warr you can simply heal yourself and grant invulnerabilty, so if your dying in 2 shots as a warr u r doing something majorly wrong???? And yes Warriors have 2 offensive attacks typically also, But atleast their attack gives them a incredible buff. to increase their damage output?? i would say that makes up for the fact they only got 2 attacks wouldnt you??? And comparing mana regens with a warr to a sorc??? yes they both give off about the same mana regen, u fergot to account that a sorc's skills costs much more mana then a warrs or rogues though....

Okay right now its like this. Rouges easily kill warriors, why? Warriots have no shield, (2secs only) no redection in damage, , very low damage output combined with their health packs make them hard to kill...sorceres can easily kill rouges. .why? The shield for mage, not only gives 2 sec invincibility, reduces incoming damage, absorbs damage so rouges crit isn't as impactful, and offensiveily can stun, have higher damage than warrior so easier to kill with long range weapons....warriors can easily kill mages, why? Most for me try to run away and kite, pulling them with axe throw pulls them close, atuns, gives time for shield to wear off.can't bring rouge cloae cause razor and dps will shread warrior. ..my dismal damage can kill a rouge cause there health skill sucks so bad....so what's this do? Each class sees the othwr class they have issues with and sees them as op.... rouges think its funny how easily warriors die now, mages think warriors are op and unbeatable...two sides to a tale...mages need better heal, rogues need worse heal, worse damage, but add two second invincibility...warriors need more damage ouput, not, dps..all those muscles hit like a girl

Excuses
03-24-2013, 12:39 AM
warriors need more damage ouput, not, dps..all those muscles hit like a girl

This is hilarious. (No sarcasm! I really laughed out loud.)

But my warrior kills rogues ok, and my rogue kills warriors too. And sometimes when 2 vs 1 if no warrior involved. (Just hate war vs war...)
But my mage never beat anyone in 1on1.
Is it just my mage build is wrong? I seriously don't get how mages can actually kill without party's help.....

swexcist
03-24-2013, 07:55 AM
It bcs mage is support class in pvp. Not in pve too bcs heal make u die in 1 sek. Nice logic

blakadder
03-24-2013, 08:29 AM
i have encountered mean mages that can eliminate my rogue without me getting a chance to respond. i also meet warriors that go down after two of my skills. mages generally die easy to a rogue but they should be able to down a warrior more often cause of superior damage reduction and ability to keep distance. i view warriors as a true support class since their offensive capabilities are limited while their heal and vb benefit the team more. only time a warrior is truly dangerous is if he has 2 more besides him.

Darko
03-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks blak, glad a rouge finally said what warriors really are. . We have to heal group, watch mana, make sure we break at different times than other warriors, have to flag, hold the line, protect rogues and mages. ..I can never be by myself or im dead, sucks cause warrior has really lost its strength

warbluefish
03-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks blak, glad a rouge finally said what warriors really are. . We have to heal group, watch mana, make sure we break at different times than other warriors, have to flag, hold the line, protect rogues and mages. ..I can never be by myself or im dead, sucks cause warrior has really lost its strength

so now mages and warriors r all support class. to support rogue to kill. :).

even with shield on mages r still weak.

warbluefish
03-29-2013, 07:23 AM
i respeced to support mage. shield up. fireball. stun. timeshift slow enemy down. this should be the time rogues aimed shot come in and warriors jump in. lol. and cos mostly ppk join randomly. they just dont know how to fight as a group. most time i end up dead alone up front. no flag. no kills. no satisfaction.

Darko
03-29-2013, 06:52 PM
so now mages and warriors r all support class. to support rogue to kill. :).

even with shield on mages r still weak.

I agree I can only kill an alone mage, that's it.....

Oraceanid
03-29-2013, 07:15 PM
i respeced to support mage. shield up. fireball. stun. timeshift slow enemy down. this should be the time rogues aimed shot come in and warriors jump in. lol. and cos mostly ppk join randomly. they just dont know how to fight as a group. most time i end up dead alone up front. no flag. no kills. no satisfaction.

As a warrior I can confirmed that you need to play as a group. I just started PVP. Playing PVE for about 4 months. I try to keep my K/D ratio as low as I can. Initially I was dieing a lot in PVP but now I don't think I am doing as bad as before once I recognize the strength of each player whether you are a rouge or mage and play as a team. A lot of people when they come in they run off by themselves trying to kill everything in sight. The bottom line is if you are cornered by 2-3 persons there is a high chance you are going to die. So if you are a rouge, mage warrior and willing to work as a team then great. If I see the everyone all over the place in the way they play I say so long adieu. lol. Still trying to improve.

Natrich
03-29-2013, 07:18 PM
From purely a 5v5 team standpoint, rouges are useless in pvp lol. They barely add buffs for teams and dont inflict many debuffs either.

Any assortment of mages and warriors can make short work of a team with 3+ rogues

Oraceanid
03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
I believe you need a fairly balance team.

Syylent
03-30-2013, 12:44 PM
From purely a 5v5 team standpoint, rouges are useless in pvp lol. They barely add buffs for teams and dont inflict many debuffs either.

Any assortment of mages and warriors can make short work of a team with 3+ rogues

Little blue circle of doom. 3 rogue = 9 trash packs.. 4 = 12 trash packs.

Natrich
03-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Little blue circle of doom. 3 rogue = 9 trash packs.. 4 = 12 trash packs.

That's assuming the rogues are alive to throw the packs out

Friufi
03-30-2013, 03:23 PM
My two cents: I'm pretty sure that class imbalances will go away, if pets are removed from PvP.

P.S. I'm pretty sure too that most rogue users will vehemently disagree with my opinion :D

Darko
04-01-2013, 03:55 AM
I agree, no pets, more class balance. ...I can actually have good fight with rouges.... and even heard some from the a guild saying "it would be balanced but we don't want warriors to know this. .. so just keep complaining warriors are op even when they aren't. .." (I was on my rouge) and laughed when hearing this especially these people are highly regarded rouges...I guess anything to keep them op.

blakadder
04-01-2013, 08:03 AM
The classes are balanced, each class does its role which is same as in PvE... rogues deal high dmg, mages stun and control the mobs, warriors tank and heal. The problem is that rewards in PvP are individual (for kills and flags) so there is a perception of imbalance.
If you were awarded for winning a CTF match then there would be no complaints about imbalance since everyone's role would be crucial in gaining that win.
As it stands now, mages are supremely inferior since they cannot kill and they cannot flag as the other classes do which leaves them with nothing to do in PvP while rogues rack up kills in obscene numbers and warriors do the flagging with ease.

Syylent
04-01-2013, 11:21 AM
That's assuming the rogues are alive to throw the packs out

Also assuming we need to after AS, NB and dash.

Or just toss before the start.

My whole point was there is a little to big circle that a Rogue can throw out to give dodge and damage increase along with other benes. Which is a nice buff rather than barely any.

yuriramos
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Balance seemed to improve. But players will never be satisfied until they feel that their favorite class gets a little advantage.

Darko
04-03-2013, 12:46 AM
blakadder , really ?? "mages are supremely inferior since they cannot kill "

mages aoe gets them kills with ease... mages and rouges stack up kills 20-50 each match while warrior is 1-15, and ive gotten up to 23 yesterday cause of timed axe throw to steal kills so to speak...but thats hard to master and gauge...I agree however they have a hard time flagging, but why should they get the same strengths?? should we give them the ability to flag, than give a warrior a skill with 250% crit chance, with AOE damage so we can kill ?? I mean since we are evening things up...see it wont be even with that simple fact... EVERY CLASS has strengths and weakness.. THe issue right now in pvp is a warrior cannot under any circumstance kill another warrior of the same class... period... , a rouge can destroy any warrior 1 vs 1 (equal end game gear) a warrior can destroy any mage (equal end game gear), and a rouge can destory most mages (equal end game gear, some mages can beat some rouges but not as often) if you get over 20 kills a game, you cant complain about your class... if your k/d ratio (like most rouges) is 17000-5000 I dont want to hear it... most warriors have about a 3-7k kill count except those who kill farm...most warriors have more deaths than kills... facts are facts.

jtst
04-03-2013, 02:04 AM

mages aoe gets them kills with ease... mages and rouges stack up kills 20-50 each match while warrior is 1-15, and ive gotten up to 23 yesterday cause of timed axe throw to steal kills so to speak...but thats hard to master and gauge...I agree however they have a hard time flagging, but why should they get the same strengths?? should we give them the ability to flag, than give a warrior a skill with 250% crit chance, with AOE damage so we can kill ?? I mean since we are evening things up...see it wont be even with that simple fact... EVERY CLASS has strengths and weakness.. THe issue right now in pvp is a warrior cannot under any circumstance kill another warrior of the same class... period... , a rouge can destroy any warrior 1 vs 1 (equal end game gear) a warrior can destroy any mage (equal end game gear), and a rouge can destory most mages (equal end game gear, some mages can beat some rouges but not as often) if you get over 20 kills a game, you cant complain about your class... if your k/d ratio (like most rouges) is 17000-5000 I dont want to hear it... most warriors have about a 3-7k kill count except those who kill farm...most warriors have more deaths than kills... facts are facts.

This guy wants to be a tank and kill more then DPS do (and not die ofc). Your opinions are getting more and more ridiculous.
FYI there plenty of warriors with 3/1 and 4/1 ratio, and only few rogues (i haven't seen rogues recently more than 2.5/1 lately unless it's a twink, but everyday I see such warriors).
Devs admitted its a ctf TEAM game, get over it, warriors still die harder than anyone and have most flags. Warriors define who wins this ctf game.
Let go 1v1 issues and you will see warrior is superior class in ctf.

ukeewu
04-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I feel like this is a tech version of discussing superiority of rock, paper, scissors.

blakadder
04-03-2013, 01:37 PM

nice job pulling half of sentence and putting it out of context!!! are you a journalist? Next time please continue reading until you reach the period sign.

let me clarify:

"As it stands now, mages are supremely inferior since they cannot kill and they cannot flag as the other classes do" means mages are left without a way to make pvp achievements as they stand now. If you ddidn't know those are: CTF kills and CTF flags. Their role is stun & heal and no rewards for that in achievement points and no leaderboard either.

From your rant I see you don't perceive CTF as a team game since you're so hung up on kill counts and kdr's and 1v1's. And I don't know where you keep seeing rogues with kdr 17/5 unless you're staring at the same rogue all the time. If a rogue achieves 2/1 kdr he is considered extremely skilled and OP.

Facts are facts when you read all the facts.

Darko
04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Please find me a tank with a 4:1 kd ratio that doesn't farm kills...also blak, again I disagrre, its easy for mages to get achievment points for kills...veryeasy, the top mages like bluefish, cero, eggnog, rasi etc. All get kills easily....flags are where they are hurting....warriors are opposite. Flags are easy kills are hard, why should we change that? All im saying is IF you make mages able to flag easier than warriors should kill easier....

Darko
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
This guy wants to be a tank and kill more then DPS do (and not die ofc). Your opinions are getting more and more ridiculous.
FYI there plenty of warriors with 3/1 and 4/1 ratio, and only few rogues (i haven't seen rogues recently more than 2.5/1 lately unless it's a twink, but everyday I see such warriors).
Devs admitted its a ctf TEAM game, get over it, warriors still die harder than anyone and have most flags. Warriors define who wins this ctf game.
Let go 1v1 issues and you will see warrior is superior class in ctf.

We did go 1 vs 1 3/4 finalists were rogues..I got beat by rogue in tourney.. and when did I say I want to kill like that.. I said if u balance there ability to flag than warriors need balance for kills....and again id really like to see this k/d ratio ur talking about... darelol for example has about 1500 kills and 4000 deaths lol he's a flagger tank....tanks who flag die more period....

jtst
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Please find me a tank with a 4:1 kd ratio that doesn't farm kills...also blak, again I disagrre, its easy for mages to get achievment points for kills...veryeasy, the top mages like bluefish, cero, eggnog, rasi etc. All get kills easily....flags are where they are hurting....warriors are opposite. Flags are easy kills are hard, why should we change that? All im saying is IF you make mages able to flag easier than warriors should kill easier....

Csyui, i don't know stats of XCS, Norbeh, Ramyunstyle or Evilgoat, but think it can be 3/1-4/1 either. Any rogue with 4/1 k/d that plays in random teams? (there are some that play only with guild tanks so such kdr isn't relevant)

Darko
04-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Csyui, i don't know stats of XCS, Norbeh, Ramyunstyle or Evilgoat, but think it can be 3/1-4/1 either. Any rogue with 4/1 k/d that plays in random teams? (there are some that play only with guild tanks so such kdr isn't relevant)

I said that dont kill farm?? I know all those guys, all kill farm, csyui, all he does is flag he will not get one kill in any game ive ever played in with him, because he kill farms on the side (nothibg wrong with that) but not an actual stat for k/d ratio... heres some stats from 9 rabdom players I just viewed....warriors : 5242/3963, 2348/1244, 152/584, 60/178, 320/591.....rouges 6471/4736, 4673/2378, 25005/14839, mage 10989/6236...all random lvl 26s I will continue too add to this list. But the average warrior has more deaths than kills . Heres another tank that's well known has mythic gear too.... chiyuk 3048 kills 6512 deaths. 4000 health, 194.3 dps with slag.... still feel warriors are balanced? Lol

blakadder
04-04-2013, 02:37 AM

Wow! You really are completely missing the point! Again!

The point is not to balance sorcerers to do one of the things as good as like other classes. The point is that the current achievement system created the perception of imbalance!

I may have misread or misunderstood the title of this post "Class balance in CTF PvP Feedback". To me it means capture the flag PvP which i understand as team play to collect a certain amount of flags which will secure your teams win over another team. In that regard classes are very much balanced and play exceptionally well.
The problem is that the achievement system (counting kills, deaths and flags) and a leaderboard for kills and flags create a perception of imbalance since not every class has the same capability to kill or to flag. Sorcerers being the odd class out since their capability in killing isn't as rogues' and their capability in flagging isn't as warriors'

TuMadreee
04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Look at Boss, for example. He's currently focusing on PvE. But, his kills are 5-6 times greater than his deaths in CTF. Aproximately 10k kills and 1.5k deaths. He gets his kills normally, playing with others. So, Darko, I have found you a warrior with good k/d ratio.

Limsi
04-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Look at Boss, for example. He's currently focusing on PvE. But, his kills are 5-6 times greater than his deaths in CTF. Aproximately 10k kills and 1.5k deaths. He gets his kills normally, playing with others. So, Darko, I have found you a warrior with good k/d ratio.

Yup, Boss is one good tank. I also have Ramyunstyle, Holyhg and Zidane :)

Syylent
04-06-2013, 08:37 AM

K/D ratio really doesn't mean that much. Granted my warrior is only in 21 pvp, but before the change he regularly fought 23-25 lvl toons. He has 800 more kills than deaths. What I have seen from my rogue is the top K/D run when the battle gets hot. Very few stay into the last thrones of despair. They join a match die a time or two and leave until they can find a match were it isn't as tough. I have seen whole guilds do it too. I am sure most have seen it.

I am not saying that is wrong to do that. I am just pointing out what I see.

CGRS
04-06-2013, 12:02 PM
K/D ratio really doesn't mean that much. Granted my warrior is only in 21 pvp, but before the change he regularly fought 23-25 lvl toons. He has 800 more kills than deaths. What I have seen from my rogue is the top K/D run when the battle gets hot. Very few stay into the last thrones of despair. They join a match die a time or two and leave until they can find a match were it isn't as tough. I have seen whole guilds do it too. I am sure most have seen it.

agree
K/DR is one thing, the eye test is another thing.
Some player with great K/DRs leave the game faster than Jacoby Jones ran his kickoff return @ Super Bowl XLVII, when things dont go their way.
I dont blame them, its smart.

Cero
04-06-2013, 04:55 PM

i think all pvp players done it, i did it before when i see 5rampaging warriors on the other side. no point of fighting in that battle.

Oraceanid
04-06-2013, 08:52 PM

Syylent. Just started two weeks and I noticed that's how it is. Can you blame people from leaving when they are outnumbered or outgunned? Think about it. I have been in games where people don't care about the team all they care about are flags. I seen people with far more flags than deaths. I called them flag runners. What about people who are all over the place in PVP no coordinated effort. Should people stick around with teams like this? I use to but no longer... because while people are running after flags at the wrong time and people are all over the place you are been cornered, mobbed by three players and it doesn't matter what you have on you will be going down...

Darko
04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Syylent. Just started two weeks and I noticed that's how it is. Can you blame people from leaving when they are outnumbered or outgunned? Think about it. I have been in games where people don't care about the team all they care about are flags. I seen people with far more flags than deaths. I called them flag runners. What about people who are all over the place in PVP no coordinated effort. Should people stick around with teams like this? I use to but no longer... because while people are running after flags at the wrong time and people are all over the place you are been cornered, mobbed by three players and it doesn't matter what you have on you will be going down...

I agree, but in a game that lasts warriors get more deaths, mages and rogues get more kills, "unless" there are multiple warriors. ...I can really survive that. But if its me, 2 rouges, 2 mages, I die a lot to keep them alive. ..in my opinion, if your tank didn't did for you, they aren't a good tank...a tank shouldn't have a 5:1, kd ratio....I have 5.4k kills, 4k deaths, 2.3k flags. ..I see tanks with better stats PvP with not even close to same states as me. ...I have 4155 health, 207.8 dps...most have 3900, 180ish... and your not "good" to me if you only play with a good group. Or quit when its bot going your way. ..I was on a team we lost first three waves. We rgd, change strategy and ended up dominating rest of game, my only issue is when its 1 vs5 and you gang me, I mean really? Ill keep the game going just be fair about it

Oraceanid
04-07-2013, 11:03 PM
I agree, but in a game that lasts warriors get more deaths, mages and rogues get more kills, "unless" there are multiple warriors. ...I can really survive that. But if its me, 2 rouges, 2 mages, I die a lot to keep them alive. ..in my opinion, if your tank didn't did for you, they aren't a good tank...a tank shouldn't have a 5:1, kd ratio....I have 5.4k kills, 4k deaths, 2.3k flags. ..I see tanks with better stats PvP with not even close to same states as me. ...I have 4155 health, 207.8 dps...most have 3900, 180ish... and your not "good" to me if you only play with a good group. Or quit when its bot going your way. ..I was on a team we lost first three waves. We rgd, change strategy and ended up dominating rest of game, my only issue is when its 1 vs5 and you gang me, I mean really? Ill keep the game going just be fair about it

Yep I can definately atest to your first statement "warriors get more deaths and mages and rogues get kills" if the team has only one warrior. I suck up all the hits like a punching bag but when there are multiple warriors it gives me a chance to have a far better game.

Syylent
04-08-2013, 03:08 PM
agree
K/DR is one thing, the eye test is another thing.
Some player with great K/DRs leave the game faster than Jacoby Jones ran his kickoff return @ Super Bowl XLVII, when things dont go their way.
I dont blame them, its smart.

That boy can run too.

Syylent
04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
i think all pvp players done it, i did it before when i see 5rampaging warriors on the other side. no point of fighting in that battle.

Ohh.. I get why they do it. I don't. I got my hiney handed to me yesterday. 5 lvl 23s against solo me. It was fun and they were complete, well there are kids here so I won't say.

I finally did after maybe 100 deaths... and yes I was chided throughout the whole match. I refused to leave and they refused to cap. Ha! I have learned though and won't do that again.