PDA

View Full Version : Pets In PvP Again :)

Lady_Pebbles
02-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Im so glad they decided to allow pets again. Its awesome getting the right stat boosts that compliment my play style and able to use arcane abilities, its like a 5th skill we can use in PvP. Finally, I can use my PvE build in PvP too instead of respecing so much! My Mage survives longer. I haven't tried on my Rogue or Tank yet but I will after this thread is posted. Then I'll edit this with more feedback. :)

The only negative I see is that the pets auto-attack when we aren't even fighting and sometimes they continue to fight when we die. Also ability to change pets while in matches shouldn't be allowed imo.

Anyway just my 2cents.

EDIT 1: I PvPed with my Rogue. It took a while to get used to since Im used to my Mage but I was doing ok! I died mostly cuz of spawn killers and my hp was a tad low. I adjusted my stats, tried Horton, Malison and Ribbit with bow and with daggers. Switched between the two and for me I found a decent combo that works -for me-. :)

EDIT 2: Tried on lvl12 Warrior. We all know theres a bug where higher levels enter the lower lvl matches... so took a few tries to stop entering the same match with higher lvl toons but eventually I got to a few decent matches. At this level the pets do the same as upper lvl pets. The pet I used was Loki at lvl11 and seemed like the matches are more balanced out!

hotpimp
02-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Agree with you completly.

Lady_Pebbles
02-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Agree with you completly.
Awesome :)

Xenois
02-14-2013, 07:01 PM
I agree as well.. Pets are an essential part to bringing diversity to the game, and they absolutely needed to be added. Thanks devs.

Lady_Pebbles
02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
We needed buffs too, pets buffs are great.

Jcyee
02-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Haven't pvp'd yet since the update, but do pets lose happiness in pvp like they do in pve? I would think they do, right?

Lady_Pebbles
02-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Haven't pvp'd yet since the update, but do pets lose happiness in pvp like they do in pve? I would think they do, right?
Yeah they do.

Jessicazx
02-17-2013, 12:40 AM
I dont like pets in pvp.. ruins the fun.

Lady_Pebbles
02-17-2013, 01:20 AM
I dont like pets in pvp.. ruins the fun.

I completely disagree! For me it adds more diversity and makes the matches waaaaay more fun. :)

Vystirch
02-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Pets in PvP for sure adds more strategy to the builds field. Also I didn't like having all these pets not to be able to use them. TY STS!

Destructible
02-17-2013, 11:25 AM
The addition of pets does make gameplay more diverse, but i would still prefer some times where i can just play on my toon's skills alone, instead of depending on pets' buffs. Maybe a no-pets allowed arena? :3

Chili
02-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Pet buffs are great as long as you don't have to have a subscription to keep them... The gold sucking is killing me. Maybe if they cost less to feed? It's getting ridiculous.

Lady_Pebbles
02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
@Vys: lol yup!

@you two: Idk about the 2 different arenas. Maybe if DM was out we'd get the option to do with/without pets but I honestly think theres no point in that.

Also the only solution atm to the pets costly feedings is to just not level them. Or level them up so that feeding them won't be too expensive. X.x