PDA

View Full Version : Best Warrior Pet?

Destructible
02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Hey all. The new update came out recently, and in my opinion it isn't really that wonderful, although it does opens up new ways to build.

Anyway was just wondering what other PvP warriors out there use as pets? Would love to hear your opinions.

Imwatchingyou
02-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Ripmaw, Mallison, & Hazel.

D-:
02-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Ribbit?

ishyrionek
02-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Most of ppl say max str: ribbit, hazel, snagglettoth.
I say stun ones: rocky, esteban, shiloh for speed? ( dont have him yet, so dunno).
And for pvp pets must have 15+ lvl!

Raxin
02-15-2013, 11:46 AM
No crit proc on wep = ribbit
Offensive with criw wep=hazel/loki
Defensive eith crit wep=shiloh/ripmaw

Wizard_Mike
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm surprised no one is saying Nexus. I mean... you can drop veng for another attack without losing your "mana potion"...

I know veng is a great damage booster, too, but being able to run with sky smash, chest splitter, windmill, and horn sounds pretty beat, if you ask me. I haven't tried it yet, but will eventually give it a shot.

Raxin
02-15-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm surprised no one is saying Nexus. I mean... you can drop veng for another attack without losing your "mana potion"...

I know veng is a great damage booster, too, but being able to run with sky smash, chest splitter, windmill, and horn sounds pretty beat, if you ask me. I haven't tried it yet, but will eventually give it a shot.
No.... Just no... venge ftw
Adding.another skill att is weaker than venge dmg%+ and crit+ the math is obvious....

Raxin
02-15-2013, 01:07 PM
And u lose pet bonus

wolfkult
02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Ribbit.

I thought about Loki like others (plus it is super easy to get) but you'll have lower damage/dps with it and only advantage is getting something other than vengeance. I agree with Raxin that you can't really do that but I may try it so I can max out horn/skyward/windmill and get some passives to boot. (well no taunt or +range on horn, of course).

At lvl 10 maybe it's more viable for Loki because it's hard to put many points in veng anyway. Then I could afford windmill snare and warriors would be even more OP there than they are now post stun nerf.

Raxin
02-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Ribbit.

I thought about Loki like others (plus it is super easy to get) but you'll have lower damage/dps with it and only advantage is getting something other than vengeance. I agree with Raxin that you can't really do that but I may try it so I can max out horn/skyward/windmill and get some passives to boot. (well no taunt or +range on horn, of course).

At lvl 10 maybe it's more viable for Loki because it's hard to put many points in veng anyway. Then I could afford windmill snare and warriors would be even more OP there than they are now post stun nerf.
Loki 15% dmg boost beats str stat difference at cap. learn math..
And at 10 the str stat bonus beats % your post makes little sense

Energizeric
02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm not a warrior, but just some common sense -- the purpose of adding STR points is not just for damage, but STR points also add more health which keeps you alive longer. I realize warriors already have a ton of health points and rarely die, so getting more damage seems more important, but if you get both then that would seem the best combination.

wolfkult
02-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Loki 15% dmg boost beats str stat difference at cap. learn math..
And at 10 the str stat bonus beats % your post makes little sense

Dude chill, have you tried both and looked at your DPS/damage? I have, you haven't.

W/ ribbit I'm at 307 str, 98 dmg, 126 dps
W/ loki I'm at 297 str, 96.2 dmg, 123.7 dps

The % dmg does not outweigh the loss of 10 str. Haven't you ever tried that out with passives?

Not to mention the 100hp I lose switching to Loki.

Destructible
02-15-2013, 09:10 PM
So Ribbit is still best, even in pvp?

csyui
02-15-2013, 09:46 PM
So Ribbit is still best, even in pvp?

I dont think so. In pvp, pets arcane and passive ability is more important than extra stat.
ribbit give only 3 sec crit buff which is pretty short, and not necessary if you have vorpal or dark watch sword.

There are a few pets out there good for warrior in pvp.
For example, Hazel can slow enemy speed, let alone its passive ability has chance to stun and reduce armor.
Shiloh arcane ability can give all nearby allies 40 str for 8 sec, its passive attack has chance to slow down enemy speed by 80%!
ripmaw deals more dmg than other pets (tho not shown on its stat), and it can stun enemy, reduce armor as well.

Learn your pets ability and use them wisely. Good pets can help u a lot in pvp.

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 10:00 PM
loki/kettle

having a crit boost for 3/15s is meaningless. having overall 15% more dmg off loki/kettle is way better in the long run

Destructible
02-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Okay thanks for the input! :)