View Full Version : Kevin Durant or Lebron James?

Spyce
02-14-2013, 10:27 PM
You decide.

KD or King James?

iRusher
02-14-2013, 10:39 PM
LeBum Shames all the way.

Lowlyspy
02-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Bugs Bunny all day.

Cascade
02-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Lebron James, stronger, just as tall, a more all around game. KD is an excellent scorer, Lebron is excellent at everything.

gison
02-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Lebron ftw. KD is decent.

Vystirch
02-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Neither. SOCCER! All the way. Wish I lived in Europe and could call it football..... :/

Kraoracha
02-15-2013, 08:15 AM
There is only one real football anyway, and that is the one where only the goal keeper can touch the ball with his hands, when the ball is in play :p

Extreme
02-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Lebrun ftw

NotYoCookiez
02-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Lebron!!

Shonex
02-15-2013, 09:18 AM
LeBron all the way! :D

Kraoracha
02-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Guess you people all agree, lol.

dudetus
02-15-2013, 06:36 PM
I choose pikachu.

Pikachu uses lightning to Blastoise

Critical hit!

Blastoise uses hydro pump

Pikachu uses headbutt

Blastoise fainted!

Ketchup wins!

Pokemaniac Steven:

Oh man, my dear Blastoise!

You earn 103 $

If u get it, u are old.

KingFu
02-15-2013, 06:44 PM
There is only one real football anyway, and that is the one where only the goal keeper can touch the ball with his hands, when the ball is in play :p

Not even. People feel the need to compare the two because they (kind of) share a name. They are two entirely different sports, both physically demanding in different aspects. Soccer you need good foot coordination, speed, and strong legs. Football varies more as playing linebacker like I did is way different than playing, say, a half back. Point is, they're both sports, they're both "real". No need to attempt to bash one.

Cascade
02-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Not even. People feel the need to compare the two because they (kind of) share a name. They are two entirely different sports, both physically demanding in different aspects. Soccer you need good foot coordination, speed, and strong legs. Football varies more as playing linebacker like I did is way different than playing, say, a half back. Point is, they're both sports, they're both "real". No need to attempt to bash one.

Why don't you play anymore?

Matutd
02-15-2013, 07:50 PM

But one involves feet a whole lot more...
And uses a ball.

KingFu
02-15-2013, 08:53 PM
But one involves feet a whole lot more...
And uses a ball.

A ball doesn't have to be a sphere, it can be an ovoid (egg shape). Footballs were originally much more round, over time they became more long and narrow, now it's more an ellipse.

Also, you do realize American football was derived from soccer/football/fútbol, and rugby, right? That's why there's punting, kick offs, and field GOALs.

Why don't you play anymore?

Thought I'd take a break for the start of high school to focus on school. May start again next year since I really want a scholarship for it.

KingFu
02-15-2013, 09:18 PM
If you're wondering, this is a football from the late 1800s.
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/de8268d6f5ea304d3cf2fc8aaf5c7db8_zps71f7408b.jpg

Also, they were never made of pigskins. Some of the first footballs were made of pig bladders, now they're made of leather (obviously).

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 09:35 PM
kobe bryant

Cascade
02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Thought I'd take a break for the start of high school to focus on school. May start again next year since I really want a scholarship for it.

Good luck.

Zaonabiuibil
02-16-2013, 07:09 PM
I choose pikachu.

Pikachu uses lightning to Blastoise

Critical hit!

Blastoise uses hydro pump

Pikachu uses headbutt

Blastoise fainted!

Ketchup wins!

Pokemaniac Steven:

Oh man, my dear Blastoise!

You earn 103 $

If u get it, u are old.

My God I'm old. Gameboy anyone?

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Denka
02-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Carmelo Anthony :cool:

Spyce
02-16-2013, 07:58 PM
>.<
Why is everyone hating on KD?

Kixxler
02-16-2013, 11:35 PM
I think KD has better fundamentals and skills, he can shoot better and score in more ways than LeBron can.
But I have to admit, Lebron is an absolute beast in the paint. He already has has six straight 30+ point games and nearly 60% FG in all of them.

Walkhardd
02-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Lebron hands down. kd is younger and probably a better pure scorer, though.

Gtfo with Melo. Not in the same league.

Kraoracha
02-18-2013, 06:12 AM

Was actually kidding, I like watching the American version of Football as well, and also the Australian version.

Matutd
02-18-2013, 06:24 AM

Was actually kidding, I like watching the American version of Football as well, and also the Australian version.
Aussie rules > any sport haha

Cascade
02-18-2013, 03:09 PM

The U.S.A rules the basketball world, our team is far better than any other team the rest of the world could put together.

Spyce
02-18-2013, 04:00 PM
The U.S.A rules the basketball world, our team is far better than any other team the rest of the world could put together.

I agree.

iRusher
02-18-2013, 09:35 PM

That's because America has Michael Jordan and Lebron James.

Incase you didn't know, those are the two best basketball players to ever walk the earth.

Kixxler
02-18-2013, 11:14 PM

Incase you didn't know, those are the two best basketball players to ever walk the earth.

Michael Jordan is 50 years old, they never even played in the same era. In case you didn't know.

KingFu
02-19-2013, 03:15 AM

Isn't the Australian version the one that rules are basically made up as the game goes on? And the games can last a matter of days? Could be thinking of something else...

Kraoracha
02-19-2013, 04:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football

Axelrod15
02-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Kd baybay!!

iRusher
02-19-2013, 04:54 AM

Michael Jordan is 50 years old, they never even played in the same era. In case you didn't know.

I know this, I'm saying they are the two best basketball players ever. I don't think you have to be in the same era as somebody to be the best, or the second best.

KingFu
02-19-2013, 05:13 AM
I know this, I'm saying they are the two best basketball players ever. I don't think you have to be in the same era as somebody to be the best, or the second best.

I see where he's coming from though. Your post implied they were both active assets to America's success. Michael Jordan has no influence on America being the most superior country when it comes to basketball anymore (unless you're looking at history, but pretty sure they meant presently), so although he may be one of the best to play the game, he isn't a factor of it anymore like Lebron is.

iRusher
02-19-2013, 05:14 AM

I see where he's coming from though. Your post implied they were both active assets to America's success. Michael Jordan has no influence on America being the most superior country when it comes to basketball anymore (unless you're looking at history, but pretty sure they meant presently), so although he may be one of the best to play the game, he isn't a factor of it anymore like Lebron is.

That is true.

The Flash
02-19-2013, 05:39 AM

I think you mean MJ and Kobe right? James might be a beast,bull, monster but I can name atleast 10+ basketball players who at there prime are better basketball players then lebron.

How can you even compare or put anyone in the same sentence as MJ. Real great players stay on one team since they are great enough to have a team revolve around them and dont need to move. This doesnt count great player past there prime(mj to wiz or shaq to miami ect...)

iRusher
02-19-2013, 06:30 AM

I think you mean MJ and Kobe right? James might be a beast,bull, monster but I can name atleast 10+ basketball players who at there prime are better basketball players then lebron.

How can you even compare or put anyone in the same sentence as MJ. Real great players stay on one team since they are great enough to have a team revolve around them and dont need to move. This doesnt count great player past there prime(mj to wiz or shaq to miami ect...)

I didn't compare them, I was saying they are the two best players. That's an opinion. In my opinion Kobe is just a ball hog.

CrimsonTider
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM

Invalid.

Players in their prime moving to other teams:

1. Shaq - Magic to Lakers to Heat (Yes, his first couple of years with the Heat, he was still a beast.)
2. Clyde Drexler - Portland to Houston
3. Wilt Chamberlin - 76er's to Lakers
4. Pete Maravich - Several teams
5. George Gervin - Bulls to Spurs
6. Dwight Howard - Magic to Lakers
7. Kevin Garnett - Timberwolves to Celtics
8. Chris Paul - Hornets to Clippers

I can name more if I need to. Great, especially nowadays, doesn't mean one team. With the increase in media coverage, and social media, the days of "team loyalty" are over.

As for the topic at hand, LBJ is the better of the two. Lebron may have the best all-around game since Magic Johnson... maybe ever.

floats
02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Magic Johnson does magic, of course.

I'll have to say, Lebron and KD,they are both talented- professional basket players, tho in this case I pick KD, he is still young, and got aloot of potentials he hasn't shown on NBA. Lebron maybe a beast, but KD is now the rising star...

Still, MJ foreva <3!

Cascade
02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Lebron James is the beginning of a new comparison to Lebron James, he is not MJ. Lebron James and the way he plays has never been seen before in the history of the league.

Matutd
02-26-2013, 07:13 PM

Isn't the Australian version the one that rules are basically made up as the game goes on? And the games can last a matter of days? Could be thinking of something else...
Yeah im unsure of how it actually works. It's just fun to watch them beating the crap out of each other. The ref is almost useless haha

Paar
02-26-2013, 07:33 PM
LJ.

XghostzX
02-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I prefer a nice game of soccer, instead.

Lebron's KDR is pretty nooby if you ask me, and KD rushes all day, so nobody likes him.

Cascade
02-26-2013, 08:20 PM

Lebron's KDR is pretty nooby if you ask me, and KD rushes all day, so nobody likes him.

If you like soccer then don't post here, the discussion is basketball. Lol.

KingFu
02-26-2013, 08:45 PM

This isn't your thread, so you shouldn't be the one playing robo cop trying to make the rules. Even if it were, it's fine posting about sports other than basketball even if it isnt what the primary topic is about. It's an off topic thread in a public forum for a reason.

Spyce
02-26-2013, 08:45 PM

Yea.
Want me to make a soccer thread? :P

Cascade
02-26-2013, 09:19 PM
This isn't your thread, so you shouldn't be the one playing robo cop trying to make the rules. Even if it were, it's fine posting about sports other than basketball even if it isnt what the primary topic is about. It's an off topic thread in a public forum for a reason.

The discussion is Lebron James vs. Kevin Durant, which, are basketball players. If you want to discuss soccer then make a soccer thread.

Yea.
Want me to make a soccer thread? :P

Yes.

XghostzX
02-26-2013, 11:32 PM

Sorry, I'll try not to be too sarcastic next time. >.>

KingFu
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
The discussion is Lebron James vs. Kevin Durant, which, are basketball players. If you want to discuss soccer then make a soccer thread.

Lawl. Keep playing robocop.

Jhawkeye
02-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Melo.... nuff said

Cascade
02-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Lawl. Keep playing robocop.

Thanks I will, boss.

Spyce
02-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Melo.... nuff said

Melo is such a ball hog..