PDA

View Full Version : For all you Rogues out there with Warrior troubles

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Kk so all i've been reading is how warrior's are so op etc etc but I think with a skill build adjustment and the right pet they're beatable and even easier to beat than before the pet update.

Personally i'm thinking of going into a medpack/shadowarrow/nox/aimed build with a bow wep now that stun's kinda nerfed.
Pets like Mally/Kettle/Wrath will give you the mana boost as well as the extra damage for this build.
It's just a death trap running into big mobs now (and I speak from experience)

I've tested it out already on my l16 rogue vs pretty good warriors and I found this strat to work pretty well.
My preferred pet is Kettle for the speed boost, and all you gotta do is kite their skyward hammer and windmill and it's an easy win.

Heiki
02-15-2013, 03:17 AM
You play at 16, at 21 warriors have enough skill points to invest in the slow on windmill. Meaning that without your razorshield giving you slow immunity you better pray you get some lucky crits.

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 03:20 AM
You play at 16, at 21 warriors have enough skill points to invest in the slow on windmill. Meaning that without your razorshield giving you slow immunity you better pray you get some lucky crits.

you're saying windmill is 14m range? i think not
the strat is called not letting them hit you with any skill.
takes good timing and alot of practice to get it down, and that's where kettles speed buff comes in.

Heiki
02-15-2013, 03:36 AM
Could work but will be hard to pull off on a consistent basis unless all you do is 1vs1. Plus ping can mess you up.

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 03:41 AM
it all comes down to your timing with your charged auto atk

Heiki
02-15-2013, 04:25 AM
Why charged auto-attack? They don't stun repeatedly anymore right? That's what stun immunities where introduced for iirc.

Imwatchingyou
02-15-2013, 04:25 AM
Wars now use critical stat set up. Imagine how much of a nuisance that is with windmill. They're now a lot harder to take down with ribbit pet + crit set up.

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 05:26 AM
Why charged auto-attack? They don't stun repeatedly anymore right? That's what stun immunities where introduced for iirc.

u get 1 shot with ur charged auto atk
most warriors start off with charged buff followed by skyward then windmill then shield so if you can save your charged atk right after they windmill you can run and stall the duration of the windmill.

from there it's pretty straightforward

wolfkult
02-15-2013, 10:18 AM
I think that is the way to go but it is going to be a lot harder than before of course. If the warrior get's a stun off of skyward (25%) he's going to go straight into windmill. If he doesn't he *should* put up shield/HoT and wait to get a stun. Also, a lot of warriors will wait for a vorpal/darkwatch 100% crit proc before unleashing windmill. I find fighting warriors (as a warrior) to always try to time their windmill and get a little distance -- make it sort of into a jousting match with run thru and turns timed with swings. When they fire windmill I just get out of the way, half the time they don't follow and I use the time to get a fully charged autoattack/skwyward/whatever.

What is the timer on immunity? I thought it'd be obvious (show up as a buff) but I haven't noticed it.

Ghostlytwink
02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Ok so i play rogue on lvl 10 16 21 and i have no problem beating warrior 1v1 in neither of the lvls then again my rogue build isnt normal

For example my lvl 21 stats are
20% dodge and crit
241 dps
1.6k hp
1k mana

Skills are
Med pack
Aimed
Razor shield
Shadow peirce
Mighty passive
Dex passive

Pet
Malison and ripmaw lvl 21

And i have lvl 20 gear not very good eaither nd ive beaten warrior in max gear i find kt easier to kill them now

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

gundamsone
02-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Ok so i play rogue on lvl 10 16 21 and i have no problem beating warrior 1v1 in neither of the lvls then again my rogue build isnt normal

For example my lvl 21 stats are
20% dodge and crit
241 dps
1.6k hp
1k mana

Skills are
Med pack
Aimed
Razor shield
Shadow peirce
Mighty passive
Dex passive

Pet
Malison and ripmaw lvl 21

And i have lvl 20 gear not very good eaither nd ive beaten warrior in max gear i find kt easier to kill them now

At level 20/21, the gear + additional 5 sp would make it more viable for a rogue to go razor dodge based build with malsion dodge arcane ability.
The gear alone approximately gives 10% more dodge than the l15/16 counterpart and with razor + malisons boost, the chances of you dodging warrior attacks are quite high.

So personally, I think good rogues will find it easier to beat warriors now.
...but mediocre rogues who just charge in w/o thinking will pretty much get 2 shot by them now >.<

Ghostlytwink
02-16-2013, 12:40 AM
I also vs warrior with villanous dagger forgot to say that because of the dodge proc

Syylent
02-16-2013, 09:20 AM
I also vs warrior with villanous dagger forgot to say that because of the dodge proc

I tried that last night at 21 with villlain dagger razor and dodge pet. I didn't dodge or couldn't tell. I went back to my 20 alp and it seemed better. I can't tell if dodge works against skills.

gundamsone
02-16-2013, 06:28 PM
I tried that last night at 21 with villlain dagger razor and dodge pet. I didn't dodge or couldn't tell. I went back to my 20 alp and it seemed better. I can't tell if dodge works against skills.

it sure does

iluvataris
02-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Like gun was sayin I find warriors easyer now. Loving the dodge malison gives, stacked with razorshield. Med packs and stun if need be,
I don't even need dodge on my gear I used mainly crit gear.

I also used this build before pets were involved worked quite well for me, but malison takes it to another level.

Asahetek
02-16-2013, 11:56 PM
I do have some trouble with many warriors since there are a number of very good ones , but some are easy to kill, example one of my recent games had a few situations were they went 2 vs 1 and they ended up dead, other times depending on their builds they kill me

Snalin
02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
When there's 2+ warriors chasing you, that's your cue to run and shoot arrows while running >.>

Jessicazx
02-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Whenever i encounter a warrior in pvp.. its like a bulldozer rushing towards me..

gundamsone
02-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Whenever i encounter a warrior in pvp.. its like a bulldozer rushing towards me..

Ikr...just run for your life and hope your little arrow does some big damage >.<

wolfkult
02-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Gear in AL defines most fights rogue/warrior v warrior/rogue so most observations don't hold much weight unless it's a 1on1 w/ two people with maxxed gear. I haven't PvP'd on my 21 war for a while (sold all gear when pvp came out, and then sucked at pvp without it) but at level 10 I have only lost maybe one rogue fight since the stun nerf (and killed them another time). Sorcs are just pretty much screwed for the time being, I'm sure in another week they'll be the unstoppable ones.