PDA

View Full Version : Boosting and Scripting

spiderpig
02-15-2013, 07:35 AM
I have come across these two words only recently (im a newbie gamer). Ive been hearing about it a lot in the arena. People have been accusing or being accused of (ive been accused maybe a few times also but i take those as a compliment since i have really no idea how to do it and im using android).

Is these two hacks really possible in AL?If it is, then may i know what is STS' stand on this matter?-as well as all the players in AL.

*Pls no flaming or accusing anybody. Pls dont include names in comments. If you have videos that have hints of these two cheats it would be great!

Madstar
02-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Boosting = Farming kills, farming friends, different accounts and such.
Scripting = Code and commands that can do all your skills at once, or Bots that will farm the kills for you.

No hacks here. Just dishonest players.

spiderpig
02-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Boosting = Farming kills, farming friends, different accounts and such.
Scripting = Code and commands that can do all your skills at once, or Bots that will farm the kills for you.

No hacks here. Just dishonest players.

my bad, i thought they are the same. anyway, they are both cheats so is STS' doing anything about it?

is there a way of stopping it or none?

Madstar
02-15-2013, 07:56 AM
my bad, i thought they are the same. anyway, they are both cheats so is STS' doing anything about it?

is there a way of stopping it or none?

Samhayne confirmed that farming or boosting kills, isn't against the Terms of Service for now. Then for the Scripts, Bots, and Macros we didn't have a word on that. So, I guess they aren't doing anything about it which this is kind of annoying. I mean, someone can easily use Bots to farm kills, and get 30k to 50k kills every 12 hours.

Syylent
02-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Scripting or macroing has been around forever. Basically it is pressing one key (or mouse button - gaming mice have this built in) to issue a set of commands. Something like hitting the 9 button will press button one.. .0001 second later press button 2. .0001 seconds latter hit button 3 and so forth and so on. It is also used in regular pc use to automate tasks. It can be simple and complicated depending on what you are doing.

There is no reaction time.. the computer does it for you. I use a transformer tablet. I can let loose aimed, nox and dash.. more or less the same time ( why a lot think we one shot kill but it is really 3).. sometimes nox will fire a lot of time it doesn't register. I think you do the same from fighting against you, but I can always be wrong.

Scripting macro is not necessarily a cheat. Say for someone who has a disability (one arm) this enables them to play. Granted it gives them an advantage but doesn't leave them at a disadvantage. If they make the script macro right, then no one can really know. Since it is client side I am not sure they really can do anything except make sure a gcd kicks in.

spiderpig
02-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Scripting or macroing has been around forever. Basically it is pressing one key (or mouse button - gaming mice have this built in) to issue a set of commands. Something like hitting the 9 button will press button one.. .0001 second later press button 2. .0001 seconds latter hit button 3 and so forth and so on. It is also used in regular pc use to automate tasks. It can be simple and complicated depending on what you are doing.

There is no reaction time.. the computer does it for you. I use a transformer tablet. I can let loose aimed, nox and dash.. more or less the same time ( why a lot think we one shot kill but it is really 3).. sometimes nox will fire a lot of time it doesn't register. I think you do the same from fighting against you, but I can always be wrong.

Scripting macro is not necessarily a cheat. Say for someone who has a disability (one arm) this enables them to play. Granted it gives them an advantage but doesn't leave them at a disadvantage. If they make the script macro right, then no one can really know. Since it is client side I am not sure they really can do anything except make sure a gcd kicks in.

thank you good guy syllent! yeah i noticed a lot of rogues shot 3 arrows in a row in one instant but not so often do i see them tho.nah, i dont do these stuff.i dont even have any clue about it and i dont have a good pc to play with.i also have this running problem using the keyboard.i tried pvp'ing once in laptop and i died a lot of times without killing anybody :)