PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Runs

Griffinfan
02-15-2013, 08:13 AM
I am doing dragon runs (Mount Fang) today and I want to know if any one is interested. You need to have a elixer (combo from daily or bought) and be quick about clearing the map.

I will be doing Lofus>Emma>Duke>Baron and skipping Vlod.

Let me know if you are interested.

Chopper
02-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Isnt Vlod the only boss in feast that guarantees a drop to each payer? Why skip him?

Someother bosses may not even give u a drop in feast

Trenton
02-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Yea, Lofus is a bad idea. Just skip him and do Vlod :D

Extreme
02-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Yea, Lofus is a bad idea. Just skip him and do Vlod :D

Nah he isn't bad at all , drop gold armor by him, you just need to kill vampire to get better loot most I see after killing vamp they got pinks..

Griffinfan
02-15-2013, 08:42 AM
I have seen more drops from lofus then vlod.

You are asking me why I am skipping vlod when I want a crappy pink drop from him? I have done over 2 thousand runs of feast and only seen one vlod drop that was dragon and it was gold armor.

Some say all the drop rates are the same for the bosses. I beg to differ.

Cavoc
02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
When you farm fang it takes foreva!
One of us will loot and party emote togetha!

But I'm getting exhausted and aggrivated at farming dragon tbh. Weeks of farming and 1 drop... Woo.

NotYoCookiez
02-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Lol extreme don't go spreading that rumor around...

Griffinfan
02-15-2013, 09:00 AM
When you farm fang it takes foreva!
One of us will loot and party emote togetha!

But I'm getting exhausted and aggrivated at farming dragon tbh. Weeks of farming and 1 drop... Woo.

You need as much luck as you can get. Get a 1.5/3x combo from elf queen and run a full time 1.5x lixer thats buyable with 7k gold and pair it with big luck.

reroll is the most important thing

Chopper
02-15-2013, 10:18 AM
reroll is the most important thing

Which is why you dont want to skip the ONLY boss that guarantees a drop. If Emma, Duke, Lofus, etc. drop only 1-2 items per kill, that decreases your chances to 40% of whatever tiny percentage you had before. Also, with no drop, YOUR LUCK IS USELESS, as there is nothing to upgrade to. In order for your luck to be effective, you actually need drops to upgrade into better drops.

I've seen Vlod drop Dragon Armour. It's random. Because the drops are so low, people tend to come up with unusual theories about them. And i highly doubt killing the vampire has any affect on dragon drops from Lofus.

So by skipping Vlod, you (1) automatically decrease your small chances by, say, 60% less, AND
(2) you are potentially negating any luck you are wearing/enjoying at the time.

Griffinfan
02-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Which is why you dont want to skip the ONLY boss that guarantees a drop. If Emma, Duke, Lofus, etc. drop only 1-2 items per kill, that decreases your chances to 40% of whatever tiny percentage you had before. Also, with no drop, YOUR LUCK IS USELESS, as there is nothing to upgrade to. In order for your luck to be effective, you actually need drops to upgrade into better drops.

I've seen Vlod drop Dragon Armour. It's random. Because the drops are so low, people tend to come up with unusual theories about them. And i highly doubt killing the vampire has any affect on dragon drops from Lofus.

So by skipping Vlod, you (1) automatically decrease your small chances by, say, 60% less, AND
(2) you are potentially negating any luck you are wearing/enjoying at the time.

First off, do you have proof to back up what you say? I do. If there is one person (not to brag) that has farmed dragon nonstop for a LONG time and done A TON of runs, it would be me.

Second, Vlod drops a NORMAL fang item to every person with the chance to reroll into a NORMAL pink. Dragons are on a totally different drop table and no one has proof what the drop table is for dragon per each boss.

From my experience Duke and Baron drop it the most, Emma is slightly less and Lofus is a little rarer yet. WAY at the bottom of the totem pole would be Vlod, yet no one is willing to consider this because they cry "HE DROPS TO EVERY PLAYER!!!!" which in essence is true, but he drops the wrong pinks and unless you have a 61 and your going for fang pinks his drops are worthless

Again your 60% assumption is so far off it isn't funny. I have seen maybe around 30 pieces drop in the last 1-2 months and only ONE has been from Vlod, Baron was to account for about 35% Duke 30% Emma 20% Lofus 10% and Vlod 5% of the drops. These reults based on actual experience rather then speculation contradict your results, so whos right? well until you prove to me that vlod has the same drop rate or better then the others for dragon pinks then he doesn't.

Chopper
02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
First off, you are the one who is claiming a unique drop rate for different Fang bosses, which has never been hinted at or indicated by STS in any such way.
Second, you actually CONFIRMED in your reply that Vlod drops Dragons. You claim it's 5% of the Dragon Drops you saw but given the low percentages involved, it does not mean STS has different drop rates for different bosses at all.

My 60% is based on a boss only dropping 1-2 items in Fang, rather than to a whole party. 2 out of 5 is 40%. Therefore 60% would be left out if a boss only drops to 2 players, which is pretty common. I think you mis-read that point entirely.
I was saying that by farming other bosses, your chance of a drop is automatically cut down due to the fact that you may get NOTHING. Not even an item from which to re-roll.

wammm
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Getting Lofus is a waste of time IMO . Go with vlod IMO , he's easy to kill anyway :)

Griffinfan
02-15-2013, 12:31 PM
First off, you are the one who is claiming a unique drop rate for different Fang bosses, which has never been hinted at or indicated by STS in any such way.
Second, you actually CONFIRMED in your reply that Vlod drops Dragons. You claim it's 5% of the Dragon Drops you saw but given the low percentages involved, it does not mean STS has different drop rates for different bosses at all.

My 60% is based on a boss only dropping 1-2 items in Fang, rather than to a whole party. 2 out of 5 is 40%. Therefore 60% would be left out if a boss only drops to 2 players, which is pretty common. I think you mis-read that point entirely.
I was saying that by farming other bosses, your chance of a drop is automatically cut down due to the fact that you may get NOTHING. Not even an item from which to re-roll.

Again, yes vlod drops to all players
The bosses you claim to drop 1 to 2 items are FANG items, not Dragon Vanities.

Dragon is on a totally different drop table therefore you can't say that vlod drops more dragon because vlod drops to multiple people because they are not the same drop tables, the drop tables that dragon is on is SUPPOSEDLY even across the board, but from my experience vlod drop rates for dragon are horrible.

Fusionstrike
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
You say that dragon is on a totally different drop table as if it is a fact. Nobody who can speak authoritatively on the subject (read: STS employee) has ever said anything of the sort. Is it some kind of separate system? It's possible. It's certainly not a matter of fact though.

I'm inclined to agree with Chopper's reasons for including Vlod. You state that you have a large amount of experience and find Vlod not to be worth it. My own personal experience on my most recent 500+ runs is that Vlod is the only one to drop a dragon item (in this case a blue helm). I bring this up as a reminder that anecdotes do not equal facts.

Chopper
02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
If Dragon Items are on a separate drop table, then no one should be able to RE-ROLL into a Dragon Vanity. That doesn't make sense. You have to re-roll and upgrade from something, which in this case, are FANG PINKS.

Essentially, you want people to join your Fang runs, but only if they meet your daily combo or elixir criteria and are 'fast'. For that, you want them to waste more time to travel over to Lofus, rather than the shorter time it takes to travel to and kill Vlod, which guarantees drops, but according to only you, has a different drop rate than any other boss. But despite that you admit that dragon items do drop from Vlod. I have seen Dragon drop from Vlod too.

and are you disputing the fact that the other bosses seem only to drop 1-2 items on average? Lofus in particular seems stingy and drops no items on a lot of occassions.

Griffinfan
02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
It is not worth arguing if you are not open to new possibilities, I too thought vlod was worth it till I actually farmed there.

I suggest you do it to.

Chopper
02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
LOL, it's you who seem to be closed to possibilities.

US:
- open to the idea that all fang bosses drop Dragon. You, Fusion and I have all confirmed here that Dragon items DO drop from Vlod.
- open to the idea that re-rolls from fang items can re-roll to Dragons (i say this is pretty much confirmed too from all the other reports that people have told about re-rolling into Dragon items);
- open to the idea that the small amount of time it takes to farm Vlod, and the guaranteed drops can help a persons's chances to get a Dragon.

YOU:
-closed to the idea that Vlod should be farmed for Dragons, despite yourself confirming that Dragons drop from him;
- closed to the idea that guaranteed drops can re-roll into Dragon items, despite lots of other reports of this happening;
- closed to the idea that having a guaranteed drop is better than 1 or 2 out of five chance of a drop;
- closed to the idea that STS has treated the bosses equally and come up with your individual theory on different drop rates for one particular boss.

Good luck on wasting lots of opportunities to increase your chances in your runs.

The Sadness
02-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Wow.

Anyways, if I'm on I'll look for your game. I dropped blue helm today, woot.

Here's a fact: STS is sexist. The Happiness has dropped 3 dragon to my 1. We do a lot of runs together, the difference is she's a girl. </sarcasm>

The Happiness
02-16-2013, 07:40 PM
The Happiness ....... she's a girl.

Oh wow! You noticed? </sarcasm>

Spyce
02-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm in.
Add MyBrownie.

Zeus
02-16-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm in, add Zeus/Apollo/Rangepwnsmeel.

Zeus
02-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Why does this become an argument thread

Because people insist on forcing their way of playing on others.

What I'm seeing is Griffin wanting to skip Vlod, but there's an argument of why it's good/bad to skip him. Does it matter? He has acknowledged your information but still wants to play the way he wants to, so let him.

The Sadness
02-17-2013, 02:41 AM
Oh wow! You noticed? </sarcasm>
That STS is sexist against guys? Ofc!