PDA

View Full Version : Poor connection stability after update this weekend

euromikeym
02-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Anyone else notice frequent connection issues after this XP weekend update. It was fine for hours before this, then after the update connection to server keeps dropping out. And the game play movement seems very jerky too.

in all the time playing AL I've never had so many drop offs from the server.

is it just me? If so I guess I'll have to put up and shut up until it improves. Hope it improves anyway.

As I hoped, it seems to have cleared up now. I only posted because I had not experienced such drop outs before, since the dawn of time. Thanks for responses, though.

Samhayne
02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
You might power cycle your device, just for fun (sometimes works ya know).

You might try a different internet connection. For me, I'll try changing my phone off my wifi to LTE and see how it goes. If it's better on the cell connection then there's something probably wonky with wifi (time to reboot the router?).

In general there are a LOT of different variables with connectivity. If you have a PC on the same network, try doing a tracert to account.spacetimestudios.com and see what it looks like.

Bless
02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
For me its been the opposite :)

^ atleast with HOME wifi.

lasciaba
02-16-2013, 03:38 AM
This problem becomes serious most of the time when I am in wt4 and play on my pc,
the ping could rise steady from 300 to more than 900.

When the mobs are starting to spawn, the ping are about 467, the highest one could be more than 900.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-E1U7ZkrvtaA/UR9EBM5qweI/AAAAAAAAAG4/_8ndt-OlUYE/s640/Unstable%2520ping%2520in%2520wt4.png

For other place, I could still play well with around 300 ping, but I feel the ping is more unstable overall.

SuRfY
02-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Mine is alternating between 347 to 6117 ping...

Ravager
02-21-2013, 12:16 AM
This whole week I have not been able to play on my phone. I've used the 4g LTE, home wifi, 3 different public wifi connections. The ping used to be around 200 now its about 450 in almost all the places i've tried. At that ping its fine to walk around town and sometimes do PVE but PVP it will spike to 5000 ping and up and make it unplayable. Before this week or so I was able to play at any of those places. Now I can only play on my pc which is wired usually getting 350 ping but playable in PVP.

SuRfY
02-21-2013, 02:31 AM
I took this screenshot because i thought i will be disconnected. Surprisingly, it dived down to 500.