View Full Version : Limited amount of the same gear?

Trollpackan
09-27-2010, 01:42 PM
I have a simple question:
Is there a limited amount of the same gear? I mean is there like 40 pieces of the Kopesh of Anubis in the whole game? Or can everyone get the same gear?

If it's not, what's the thought on having it that way instead? Otherwise, in the long run, everyone could be equal and that would not be fun. :)

Ok, be gentle, I don't wanna cry. ;)

Tavore
09-27-2010, 01:59 PM
That woul be silly. Only a select few could have the beat gear and no chance for anyone else :'( Prices would be crazy high too

Arterra
09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
well, it has good and bad.
a) we all get everything, happy utopia yay
b) only a few have any competitive yay.

a midway?
=the more exist in game, the lower % of getting one. chance falls, but will never actually go extinct. a minimum say of the rarity of sunkiller

Trollpackan
09-27-2010, 02:05 PM
That woul be silly. Only a select few could have the beat gear and no chance for anyone else :'( Prices would be crazy high too

Yes, I'm with you on that but this means that the developers have to constantly realease new weapons. Or am I taking it too far, maybe everyone wants to have their own style so it is no problem?

I'm just playing with the idea in my head. Maybe the fixed amount would be like 200-300 not 10-20?

Baah, I don't know. I'm gonna go out farm for some rare gear now... ;)

Trollpackan
09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
well, it has good and bad.
a) we all get everything, happy utopia yay
b) only a few have any competitive yay.

a midway?
=the more exist in game, the lower % of getting one. chance falls, but will never actually go extinct. a minimum say of the rarity of sunkiller

Yes, sounds good.

Anyone who knows how it is today?

Arterra
09-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes, sounds good.

Anyone who knows how it is today?

roll number, get a 1 or something out of xxxx, get tiem. random in every way. per individual, not group.

Gaabob
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
roll number, get a 1 or something out of xxxx, get tiem. random in every way. per individual, not group.

Meh seems rigged to me. Either intentionally(evil devs.. Jk) or technology isn't advanced enough... Anyways I've noticed, after running ao2 lv4 200 times, that occasionally there is a random run where every djinn drops a pink. Sometimes it's random and only one pink drops. However it seems that when one item of rarity drops, another item of that rarity will drop that round. Not entirely random in my eyes.

Trollpackan
09-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Ok, but even if it's random, can everyone get everything? Because even if the prices would be higher, close to ridiculus, it would be more interesting to play if it would be a limited amount in SOME way. A little bit bit like in the real world, not everyone can have everything... :)

Arterra
09-27-2010, 02:42 PM
i heard of everyone in a team of bears getting a shock lance. anything is possible

KingFu
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
I prefer a rate over a limited, because then, you know how long expansions are starting to stay around, towards the end, everything will be farmed out and no one will have the need to farm.

Trollpackan
09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
I prefer a rate over a limited, because then, you know how long expansions are starting to stay around, towards the end, everything will be farmed out and no one will have the need to farm.

That's a really good point.
Unless...
A crazy thought though, if you die, the "monsters" take some (one) of your gears that you wear and it gets back into the "farming stock"...

Wow, maybe I should go and sleep now... ha ha... :D

Arterra
09-27-2010, 03:07 PM
NO

cannot help but say that's dumb. poor mages!

Trollpackan
09-27-2010, 03:16 PM
NO

cannot help but say that's dumb. poor mages!

Haha, I'm just trying to come to conclusion about the best way to deal with the drops, because as it is today (everyone can get everything) it's not the best solution. Well maybe it is the best, but it's a boring solution anyway.

Arterra
09-27-2010, 03:18 PM
incremental decrease of loot% per item found.

TwinkTastical
09-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Lmao, kopesh, bad example

Snakespeare
09-27-2010, 03:56 PM
I play a license plate game looking for sequential numbers. Sometimes I go weeks without seeing the number I am looking for and then I see three sequential number (not letter) plates in the space of a few minutes.

Random can be streaky either way.

Trollpackan
09-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Lmao, kopesh, bad example

Hmm, just curious...why is that a bad example? :)

Raxie
09-28-2010, 03:19 AM
meh, items would be so high in price. also, what about the thoth and isis items; nearly every single level 45 wears one and if there was an item limit implemented...

Trollpackan
09-28-2010, 03:44 AM
meh, items would be so high in price. also, what about the thoth and isis items; nearly every single level 45 wears one and if there was an item limit implemented...

...yes? Can you please fill in the blank? :) That was the whole idea of the limitation. So that everyone does NOT have the Thoth or Isis.
I have never played PvP but maybe another way to get the really cool stuff is to challange another player and if you win you get to choose something?

I know that some of my ideas are crappy like hell but isn't there anybody else who thinks that it's a little bit boring the way it is today?

Raxie
09-28-2010, 03:50 AM
...it would be bad. imagine mages without thoth; they would have to spam so many pots. this would result in hardly any mages in-game.
the betting thing for pvp sounds like a nice idea though.

A crazy thought though, if you die, the "monsters" take some (one) of your gears that you wear and it gets back into the "farming stock"...
this is an interesting idea. more people will have to careful and there will be less boss rushing and people will actually kill the enemies before going straight to the boss(es).

RedRyder
09-28-2010, 04:02 PM
incremental decrease of loot% per item found.

wouldnt everyone just make an alternate account and transfer the items there so they can get better drops?
i dont think the server keeps file of the items we've had unless they were purchased with plat

TwinkTastical
09-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Hmm, just curious...why is that a bad example? :)

Kopesh is the worst piece of free-5k **** EVER

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Kopesh is the worst piece of free-5k **** EVER

Haha, ok ok ok I get you. But it looks nice though! :D