PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy nexus?

Cuteandsmexy
02-17-2013, 02:57 PM
I am a rogue and I pvp quite often. I wanna be able to heal my teamates mana.
But the thing is, I'm not sure if nexus heals only some mana, or heals mana back to full.

Anuvastar
02-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Nah bro nexus isnt good for mana i think flap jack better brotha!! :))

Cuteandsmexy
02-17-2013, 03:17 PM

Thanks but i'm a girl.

Madstar
02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
No, Nexus is actually good. Flap Jack will be good for regeneration of the Mana and Health, but your DPS and Health will be weaker. I think.

Liquid Ice
02-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Nexus is good for manna. His active is mana regen. It's better than flapjack.

Lesmiserables
02-17-2013, 03:31 PM
FlapJack for the stuns and dmg , but if u want to heal ur teammates mana go for nexus or play a sorc ^O^ ?

LwMark
02-17-2013, 04:17 PM

Thanks but i'm a girl.

I can tell by your name, not many guys would have their name as Cuteandsmexy

Lady_Pebbles
02-17-2013, 04:47 PM
I have Nexus & its at level 20 on my capped mage. He regens mana on team mates better than his owner, which is why I think he sucks as a pet until they fix him. It should be the other way around imo. Pets are loyal to their owners not their owner's friends. -.-

Odinbr
02-17-2013, 05:01 PM
I have Nexus & its at level 20 on my capped mage. He regens mana on team mates better than his owner, which is why I think he sucks as a pet until they fix him. It should be the other way around imo. Pets are loyal to their owners not their owner's friends. -.-

Maybe you have more mana than your teammates so their mana bar filled quicker than yours.Same when a sorcerer use lifegiver to heal warrior.The warrior will have full mana bar when the sorcerer himself got a bit mana bar filled...Thats my thought

Lady_Pebbles
02-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Maybe you have more mana than your teammates so their mana bar filled quicker than yours.Same when a sorcerer use lifegiver to heal warrior.The warrior will have full mana bar when the sorcerer himself got a bit mana bar filled...Thats my thought
You're probably right. It seems like a good pet for Tanks and Rogues but for Mages with a big mana pool it sucks. I think they should change the regen to a % sorta.

Lalarie
02-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Never thought about using nexus, everyone always said it was bad T_T

Nerola
02-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Nexus is bad because its full potential only shines when it's leveled up. I believe its mana heal is somewhere like pet's damage x 1.5, give or take a full percent for variance. So have fun healing like 6 mana when it's level 1.

McBain
02-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Nexus is definitely worth it if you want to take a break from using mana pots. His arcane ability gives you and your team mates a huge mana boost. For rogues and mages, it's awesome. I wouldn't worry too much about how well he works at level 1, lol. He's only gonna spend of all 20 seconds there. With the double xp this weekend you can level him up in no time.

Bejo
02-17-2013, 11:50 PM
i have nexus in my warrior and rogue, and one of my favorit pet. if you rogue that really worth to have nexus.

Xbuddyjosh
02-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Yea I'd have to say go with nexus... Flapjack mana heal u, but has no teammate helping ability... However, flapjack has stun... This can help ur friends have time to escape and heal/regen while being safe, helping kdr... It all just depends on if u want to manually heal their mana or help their kdr with "an escape route"*

-xbuddy

fatcharlie
02-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Lol..my nexus goes out in the battlefield during rainy days. I use Hazel instead. Im using it in my mage.

Any Hazel fans out there???

Lady_Pebbles
02-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Even at lvl 20 Nexus sucks for Mages lol. Mine only replenishes 1/2% mana for my Mage but for other players (mostly Rogues amd Tanks) it replenishes all their mana. Its just like dude said, Mages have a high mana pool so it takes a few shots of the arcan to fill it back up.

McBain
02-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Every bit helps. Nexus fills up my mage's mana pretty good. More than a mana pot anyway, and it's free. I'll take it.

Lady_Pebbles
02-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Every bit helps. Nexus fills up my mage's mana pretty good. More than a mana pot anyway, and it's free. I'll take it.
Seriously? For me its the opposite. X.x

bluotaku
02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Nexus.
Pots are cheap. I don't mind downing em in PVE.
In PvP, a pet with stun/damage ability is more worthwhile IMO.
Most warriors and most sorcs don't benefit that much from Nexus because of VB and life giver. A sorc without life giver will gain little make from Nexus. He might be able to fire off a couple of extra spells-not a game breaker.

McBain
02-18-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm not saying he should be your #1 pet or anything. If you don't think Nexus is worth it, don't buy him. At the rate that mages and rogues go through mana (especially rogues), it's nice to be able to switch him in for a while on grinding runs so you don't have to pot constantly. Pots aren't that cheap. The cost adds up very quickly. I like using him, that's all I'm saying.

Sky../
02-19-2013, 01:56 AM
Well maybe not irl. But online? I bet half the girly names on forum and in game are actually guys.