PDA

View Full Version : Enchantress/Archer Hybrid - best build??

setec
09-27-2010, 05:25 PM
So, I have a level 45 Enchantress/Archer Hybrid.

Currently, the attribute points have me at

Strength: 1

Dexterity: 233

Intelligence: 11

I had seen an earlier post recommending at least getting Int to 11 to have 1 Regen for Mana.

My question is this, if I respec, can I afford to take some of the Dex away to put more into Int and thus have more M/s ?

I currently have 2 M/s due to wearing an item.

Or any suggestions on a better build for this character? This would be a PvE build. I don't PvP. I obviously want to keep the Dex high so that I can use the Archer items.

I figure I would ask the experts. :)

Thanks.

Royce
09-27-2010, 06:25 PM
You can increase your Int, but don't do it for M/s. Unfortunately, the gain of regen through attributes is minimal. You will get 1 M/s for every 50 points of Int past 11. So 2 M/s at 61 Int, 3 M/s at 111 Int, etc. However additional Int will increase the damage of your skills and the strength of heal. For PvE only, you could even go 142 Dex, and the rest in Int. You will sacrifice weapon damage, crit, hit%, and some dodge and a tiny bit of armor. The amount of mana and regen you will gain will be small, but as I said, your skills will be more powerful. So it's up to you, and kind of depends on how you play.
If you want regen, the only way to get it is through gear bonuses (Thoth stuff). If you think that Int should be more beneficial (that Dex is overpowered IOW), please see this thread and comment: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5515-Fixing-the-Attribute-Imbalance-How-to-make-Int-and-Str-worthwhile-investments-D ;)
Basically, I would say if you see yourself as an archer that happens to be able to heal, rez, etc. then go full Dex. If you play like a mage with a talon or bow, maybe try some more int :)

Xviperr
09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
for the fact of PvE. perhaps u could go 142dex 87int with 1-3isis 1thoth and horus or osiris for the other part for more crit dodge and dex bonus.

87 int helps in ur skill driven dmg-

setec
09-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the replies. :)

KingFu
09-29-2010, 12:32 AM
For pve, I would go 142 dex, rest in int, and 3 Thoth, 1 Isis. 3 Thoth for the ms and the added int to have even higher int to make your skills slightly stronger. :)

setec
09-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Thanks. I have zero thoth items. I never seem to be able to keep gold. :) I'm going to just play AO maps and hope I get lucky.

Xviperr
09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
AO2 PLASMA map- drops alot of pink. seen afew getting thoth wing and isis leather during my runs. sometimes u can just directly offer ur fellow party mates if they could sell u cheap as u are all running together. as perhaps the next run u might get the item he/she needs and u do the favor back by selling it cheap to them too (:
this bonds a good relationship between the party, and perhaps forge a farming party ready for AO3(:

cry
09-29-2010, 11:31 AM
They used to own, they fail now.

setec
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I found a player with cheaper sells then others. I now wear

Scorpion Helm of Thoth
Pharaoh's Hunting Bow of Thoth (I would like the Red Scarab Crossbow of Thoth though)
Scorpion Leather of Thoth

I am going to keep playing AO2 stuff though for pinks. Thanks again for all the replies.

Raxie
09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
a red scarab bow is quite pricey but i'm sure the price of it will fall down as ao3 is just around the corner. but i'm confused what you are; are you an enchantress that uses dex items?