PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music do you hate?

Blind
02-17-2013, 08:55 PM
There have been a lot of threads about what kind of music we all like, that's nice and all, but it's very interesting to know what kind of music you guys can't stand.

For me, i can't stand heavy metal, anything emo like, whatever genre Taylor Swift belongs to, meaningless rap such as Gucci Mane, tasteless rap such as Taylor the creator, techno, skrillex type of dubstep.

This by no means is a 'hate' thread, just expressing our opinions on what we dislike.

Sissies keep out with the tos.

Slant
02-17-2013, 09:09 PM
dubstep
rap
radiohead

CrimsonTider
02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Did I just see "hate" attached to heavy metal and Radiohead??????? Ban you all!!!!!

J/K

I know this may come across as irony to some, but I CANNOT stand country music! Period. Makes me gag.

TEOKILLO
02-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Fun, Gotye, adele, tswift, god i hate those singers

Blind
02-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Bryan, yeah hahaha forgot to mentin country, it's horror music hahah

TEO, agreed with all, but i like Adele's skyfall

Jblazer
02-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Country

Battlegrinder
02-17-2013, 09:55 PM
If it isn't techo (or something close), from the 80s, or has some kind of beat/pattern/cylical sound thingy I can't define, I probably don't like it. As to what I hate, rap is the main thing I actively despise.

Noodleleg
02-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Everything's fine with me... Except heavy metal.

Bootdaddy
02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Country music :p

DocDoBig
02-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Russian folk music ...

KingFu
02-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Hate metal, screamo, punk, country, classical, opera, skrillex type dubstep (like you mentioned, I like true dubstep, just not his conformed twist on it), and anything where the artists are crapping out rainbows and unicorn dust.

Edit:

Oh, and polka.

Majora
02-18-2013, 01:28 AM
whatever category nicki minaj and justin beiber belong to

dudetus
02-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Everything that comes from NRJ.

Kraoracha
02-18-2013, 05:36 AM
I dont really hate a lot, just the really nervous making jazz music. And there is music that i just laugh about because it is so bad, but still is very popular.

iRusher
02-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Dubstep and rap.

Aracnus
02-18-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm no fan of rap or country.. "Sorry y'all"

WarTornBird
02-18-2013, 10:27 AM
So hard to read this thread, I love heavy metal and I love country. .-.
Anywho, there isn't a music I "hate". However, I do not like dubstep, pop, anything alternative..That's about it.

iRusher
02-18-2013, 10:48 AM
So hard to read this thread, I love heavy metal and I love country. .-.
Anywho, there isn't a music I "hate". However, I do not like dubstep, pop, anything alternative..That's about it.

It is hard to read it, everybody hates country. The only thing I listen to is country.

XghostzX
02-18-2013, 10:48 AM
J biebs, one direction, heavy metal, I'm getting sick of today's Pop as well.

I'm more of an alternative kinda guy, with some 70's-80's chill rock.

Vystirch
02-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Hmmmm, heavy metal, dub step, rap, techno..... That's about It.

CrimsonTider
02-18-2013, 01:18 PM
OMG with the heavy metal hating! lol

METALLICA!!!

Dragonrider023
02-18-2013, 01:43 PM
dubstep
rap
radiohead

Do not say anything negative about dubstep

Madstar
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Dubstep, Gangnam thingy, and Justin bibier thingy..

Minimal FTW!!!!!!!

James Otto Sweet Heart
02-18-2013, 03:17 PM
I always change the station when something from the Dixie Chicks, Carrie Underwood, and Chris Young is being played.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Kixxler
02-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Country is terrible. Just terrible.

iRusher
02-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Country is terrible. Just terrible.

You sir, are terrible. Jk, but why does everybody hate on country?

Doodlebeast
02-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Not a music but... Harlem shake is just... Disgusting

Kraoracha
02-19-2013, 04:21 AM
I mostly like or dislike songs, not really a style, but some styles I like or dislike more songs of.

Axelrod15
02-19-2013, 04:29 AM
I dislike Justin Bieber, Taylor swift. And plenty of other people that my mind won't think about for some reason

Blind
02-19-2013, 04:55 AM
I'm not really limited to certaun genres per se, but like Kraoracha said, some genres have a higher percentage of songs i don't like.

Fyi I really like Justin Bieber's as long as you love me. Even though it's Jb+dubstep. Good song one way or the other.

Btw, i love Metallica's Battery intro, but then it turnes trash later in one min.

marilyn manson, can't even force myself to type his name with capital letters, he just makes me realise what this world is turning to. Very sad.

iRusher
02-19-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm not really limited to certaun genres per se, but like Kraoracha said, some genres have a higher percentage of songs i don't like.

Fyi I really like Justin Bieber's as long as you love me. Even though it's Jb+dubstep. Good song one way or the other.

Btw, i love Metallica's Battery intro, but then it turnes trash later in one min.

marilyn manson, can't even force myself to type his name with capital letters, he just makes me realise what this world is turning to. Very sad.

I thought Marilyn Manson died?

Kraoracha
02-19-2013, 07:31 AM
No, he is still alive.

mike1298
02-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Anything that is played on the radio.

Kraoracha
02-19-2013, 08:52 AM
I always listen to a station that plays anything from the 60s upto the early 2000's, pretty okay actually, since mostly it is 60's to 80's.

XghostzX
02-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Not a music but... Harlem shake is just... Disgusting

What's disgusting is when people actually listen to the harlem shake, gangnam style, and stuff like that on a daily basis. Sure, if I'm at a party, I'll go nuts with my friends to it.

Taipan
02-19-2013, 03:18 PM
I absolutely hate modern pop and country. You shouldn't be having a #1 hit if you can't even sing without auto tune. Also, all of these Gangnam Styles and Harlem Shakes are getting on my nerves. Especially as the majority of PSY's listeners don't even know what he's singing (I don't either).

Gameplay
02-19-2013, 03:37 PM
What's disgusting is when people actually listen to the harlem shake, gangnam style, and stuff like that on a daily basis. Sure, if I'm at a party, I'll go nuts with my friends to it.

That's what's up

Trenton
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM
OMG with the heavy metal hating! lol

METALLICA!!! Yesss, you know what's up. Metallica, Judas Priest, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, etc. <3 So many people hatin' on heavy metal up in here:( lol

MightyMicah
02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
I only hate music when it's explicit (cussing and other crap) or when it is just extremely simple. For instance, Lil Wayne (explicit) and OneDirection (extremely simple.)

CrimsonTider
02-19-2013, 05:19 PM
I only hate music when it's explicit (cussing and other crap) or when it is just extremely simple. For instance, Lil Wayne (explicit) and OneDirection (extremely simple.)

Does your mind get blown with extremely explicit simple music? :)

MightyMicah
02-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Does your mind get blown with extremely explicit simple music? :)

I'd hate to ever find out...lol

Blind
02-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Yesss, you know what's up. Metallica, Judas Priest, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, etc. <3 So many people hatin' on heavy metal up in here:( lol
I just came to a conclussion that i don't go with any genre or band/artist. I just pick out songs.

I really like Iron Maiden's Out of the shadows.

Blind
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Lol bro, talking about explicit, 95% of my friends are Africans...try going in a car with any of them for a long ride. I fall into depression at such times lol. Cause they play the music at extremely loud levels and all the songs are modern gangsta type ones.

Hahah.

P.s One direction is absolutely tasteless, idiotic lyrics, idiotic guitar tunes. And just gay. No wonder only girls like that. Haha

Spyce
02-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Country -_-

gison
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
I personally don't like rap/metal/emo/dubstep songs or whatever these artists nowadays sing.

Has no meaning whatsoever.

KingFu
02-19-2013, 08:07 PM

They have one thing in common though, they both make horrible music...

WarTornBird
02-19-2013, 08:51 PM

:'( ow. That hurt my heart.

CrimsonTider
02-19-2013, 09:38 PM
They have one thing in common though, they both make horrible music...

You gonna throw a party for post 15k? :)

BTW... I agree with you 100%.

maiohwmai
02-19-2013, 09:38 PM
What kind of music do you hate?

This by no means is a 'hate' thread

Que?

gundamsone
02-19-2013, 09:52 PM
underground rap and heavy metal

Blind
02-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Que?
look i'm not a native English speaker, so to me personally the word hate has 2 meanings

1st means great dislike, e.g i hate One Direction

2nd one means 'bashing', expressing hatred

get it?

sorry for confusion

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 05:50 AM
I do not like Dubstep. Enough of it.

Kraoracha
02-20-2013, 06:21 AM

I actually like one lil Wayne song, Mirror on the wall. I think his rapping is not very good, but the lyrics to that one are pretty cool.

MightyMicah
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Lol bro, talking about explicit, 95% of my friends are Africans...try going in a car with any of them for a long ride. I fall into depression at such times lol. Cause they play the music at extremely loud levels and all the songs are modern gangsta type ones.

Hahah.

P.s One direction is absolutely tasteless, idiotic lyrics, idiotic guitar tunes. And just gay. No wonder only girls like that. Haha

Dear OneDirection,

If only you heard what I can hear
You'd understand why I want to just disappear
Your music stinks; It's so simple and insincere
You don't know, oh, oh!
You don't know you're terrible!

-Micah

WarTornBird
02-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Dear OneDirection,

If only you heard what I can hear
You'd understand why I want to just disappear
Your music stinks; It's so simple and insincere
You don't know, oh, oh!
You don't know you're terrible!

-Micah

Dear Micah,

The fact you know that
kind of makes me LOL
I still love you.

-WTB

Please take this as a joke so you can still love me in the morning. ;)

MightyMicah
02-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Dear Micah,

The fact you know that
kind of makes me LOL
I still love you.

-WTB

Umm...either you didn't get my joke or I didn't get yours. (Sing my last post to the tune of "What makes you beautiful")

Kixxler
02-20-2013, 09:52 PM
I do not like Dubstep. Enough of it.

bowow wubwubwuwuuwbuwbuwbwub buh buh bonwow wubwubwuwubwubwuwbuwbuwbuwub

WarTornBird
02-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Dear Micah,

The fact you know that
kind of makes me LOL
I still love you.

-WTB

Umm...either you didn't get my joke or I didn't get yours. (Sing my last post to the tune of "What makes you beautiful")

All I know is who it's by, never heard it a day in my life. You hate it yet you know the tune and all that jazz is what im getting at.

MightyMicah
02-21-2013, 06:33 AM
All I know is who it's by, never heard it a day in my life. You hate it yet you know the tune and all that jazz is what im getting at.

Apparently you do too if you recognized it ;)

Actually, though, I heard a cover of it by ThePianoGuys on YouTube where they're all like hitting the piano and tapping the strings on it and stuff. It's crazy cool! That's the main reason I know the tune. Although I do hear friends play it and stuff a lot which annoys me -_-

Kraoracha
02-22-2013, 03:58 AM
I actually saw part of a one direction clip on tv yesterday while zapping. Music for the 8-14 year old girls I guess. Reminds me of those other boy bands that were gathered of the street to make contentless music.
I even let it play for a minute just to see what the post in this thread was about!

Mysticaleagle
02-22-2013, 06:07 AM

What?

Trenton
02-22-2013, 10:53 PM

What? Dubstep lyrics. Lol

Phoenixking
02-24-2013, 03:01 AM
Dubstep lyrics. Lol
Lmfao

The thing I hate most in music is blood on the dance floor, genres I dislike are latest pop latest rap (except B.o.B and Eminem) country, club, Banda, reggae, jazz, country, mariachi, "tribal" (also known as 3ball MTY), folk music

Plaguemaw
02-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Gospel music. *vomit*

HEAVY METAL FTW!!!

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Bluepinixy
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Personally I hate dubstep, metal, songs that almost make me deaf, rap that's full of: "Yolo swag swag a$$ tits". Thrift Shop is what I call a good rap :)

But the ones that surpass dislikes (hate):
Justin Beiber, One Direction & Nicki Minaj.
Though I don't mind if anyone else likes them :) I mean, I have a friend who's obsessed with One Direction.

Before you go calling me old:
No, I do like modern-day music it's just that in my opinion, I don't quite like these genres of music.

KingFu
03-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Personally I hate dubstep, metal, songs that almost make me deaf, rap that's full of: "Yolo swag swag a$$ tits". Thrift Shop is what I call a good rap :)

Leave....now...

Valkiryas
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
All Metal, Country, Rap, Hip Hop, Classic Music and Dupstep

floats
03-13-2013, 10:39 AM
JB, GAga, 1Direction, this three produced horrible, no taste, simple musics.

zzjoshzz
03-13-2013, 06:27 PM

But the ones that surpass dislikes (hate):
Justin Beiber, One Direction & Nicki Minaj.
Though I don't mind if anyone else likes them :) I mean, I have a friend who's obsessed with One Direction.

Before you go calling me old:
No, I do like modern-day music it's just that in my opinion, I don't quite like these genres of music.

Plz if u call Thrift shop good you have no right to have an opinion on music.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

Kazillo
03-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Thrift Shop is catchy but it's not "true" rap. It's 5th graders rap song.

Dragonrider023
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM
<3 Dubstep <3

NECRO FTW BTW

Blind
03-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Leave....now...

Hahah, i had to check that out on youtube, i did...and i threw up, hahahah ;p

mike1298
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Thrift Shop is catchy but it's not "true" rap. It's 5th graders rap song.
Umm. If you listen to macklemore you will understand he made that song as a"joke", which he has a couple of joke songs. Go and listen to his other albums, he is a great artist and lyricist. A few songs you should listen to from him are...

Wing$, same love, neon cathedral, otherside, the end, vipassana, make the money, starting over, etc.

KingFu
03-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Umm. If you listen to macklemore you will understand he made that song as a"joke", which he has a couple of joke songs. Go and listen to his other albums, he is a great artist and lyricist. A few songs you should listen to from him are...

Wing$, same love, neon cathedral, otherside, the end, vipassana, make the money, starting over, etc.

Blue said nothing about Macklemore though. They specified on the song Thrift Shop. I never said Macklemore wasn't a good rap artist, because frankly I haven't heard enough of his stuff to form that much of an opinion, I was stating the song Thrift Shop isn't "good rap", which you agreed with me on when you called it a "joke song".

Griffinfan
03-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Blue said nothing about Macklemore though. They specified on the song Thrift Shop. I never said Macklemore wasn't a good rap artist, because frankly I haven't heard enough of his stuff to form that much of an opinion, I was stating the song Thrift Shop isn't "good rap", which you agreed with me on when you called it a "joke song".

Thrift shop is unique.

It's not real rap though

mike1298
03-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Well yeah, not saying I like thrift shop, but it is better than 95% of the rap they play on the radio now.

Itoopeo
03-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Black metal.
Lyrics looks like this: AARARGGBBRBRBGBRGBBGRRRARARARAR RARRAARABRBBSBABBASBAB

floats
03-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Black metal.
Lyrics looks like this: AARARGGBBRBRBGBRGBBGRRRARARARAR RARRAARABRBBSBABBASBAB

i thought they were like : BAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGSSSSBBBBBBBBBAARRRRRRR RRRRRRRRABAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKRGGGGGGGGG

crazyliketat
03-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Dnt like old and folk music everything is ok ;)

mysticmagicc
03-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Country, heavy metal, anything from jb and gaga etc. there's way too many to list

razerfingers
03-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Niki minaj, justin bieber.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Aveea
03-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Did I just see "hate" attached to heavy metal and Radiohead??????? Ban you all!!!!!

J/K

I know this may come across as irony to some, but I CANNOT stand country music! Period. Makes me gag.

No country for me please!

Love Radiohead, hence my warior's name "pablohoney" :angel:

CrimsonTider
03-25-2013, 07:44 AM
No country for me please!

Love Radiohead, hence my warior's name "pablohoney" :angel:

How ironic is it we live in two states known for country music yet we despise it? :)

Promagin
03-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Y u hating on my T Swizzle?<------- I googled that fancy term it means Taylor swift ;o

KingFu
03-30-2013, 01:32 AM
Y u hating on my T Swizzle?<------- I googled that fancy term it means Taylor swift ;o

Is she even country? Thought she was pop with a forced southern accent...Still don't like her, or country.