PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer vs Warrior

Energizeric
02-18-2013, 02:05 AM
I played for 5 hours today, and other than having trouble getting flags, I was owning everyone. That is everyone who was not a warrior. FYI, I'm a lvl21 sorcerer with top gear. My dmg is 150+. I've gotten the hang of using the pets well, and also the stun changes, and it seems most others have not. So I was getting 4-5 kills for every time I was killed, and at times I beat the other team when it was 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 -- provided that it was rogues and sorcerers.

So at one point it was just myself and a warrior from the other team in the flag room. I ran circles around him for about 30-40 seconds. I kept him stunned much of this time, and when he wasn't stunned, he was swinging and missing me. I kept grabbing the speed orb and the ran out of mana once and grabbed the mana packet to refill. I healed myself using my heal skill 3 times during this battle (cool down in heal is 15 seconds, so that's how I know how long the battle lasted). I unloaded on this warrior like never before. I cycled through all of my skills (charged fireball, lightning, frost, regular rifle attack) about 8-10 times and just was killing him. The problem is that he did not die. I don't know how close he was to death as I cannot see his health bar. But finally he got me stunned and went into his windmill and I was dead shortly after.

The question I have is, how long would it have taken for him to die if he had continued to miss me and I continued to unload on him? And what exactly did I do wrong in this battle? What can I change next time to win the battle? Perhaps a warrior with some experience with this can answer me. I'd like to hear how it seems from the warrior's perspective. Was I even causing him any damage, or was he healing as fast as I could inflict damage. If that is the case then I guess it would be impossible to kill him. I can't imagine STS would make the game like that. So maybe I was just doing something wrong.

gundamsone
02-18-2013, 02:06 AM
The warrior tank class seems to have too many roles in PVP.
Perhaps a few nerfs here and there and limit them to the tank class? >.<

Robhawk
02-18-2013, 02:40 AM
Im also lvl21 mage with 156,2 dmg and the only hint i can give other mages: If you get to a 1on1 with a "good" warrior then its better to run and try to stun/run/shoot/stun/run/shoot..., although they normally will catch you up and then kill you with a single touch LOL! Even if you permanently charge your fire and stun the warrior he will catch you up because the mage is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

If you play against a really good warrior then stand still, wait this half second and spawn at home base...

Perhaps STS will do something regarding class-balance, perhaps not...

To the mages that will not confirm my words: Gratz, you only met jackass-warriors

gundamsone
02-18-2013, 02:56 AM
revert the stun change

no class is buffed nor nerfed but those skilled at the art of stunning will have no trouble with pesky warriors

inkredible
02-18-2013, 03:18 AM
See its just a matter of draining his health and constantly stunning him and keepin ur distance while hes stunned, because warriors with vengeance will NEVER EVER run out of mana, so its just a matter of when his skills load is where his life depends on, so u just gott hit hard, stun like crazy and keep ur distance and make him
mess up his moves.. in other words.. a windmill almost usually comes right after a smash, so if he smash u once n u he didnt stun u, get out there asap, stun, keep ur distance n keep damaging..

im a warrior and i hate mages the most, because they slow u down with their stuns, not being able to move for 1s or more is a big factor
and you probably got his health down

Cero
02-18-2013, 04:14 AM
See its just a matter of draining his health and constantly stunning him and keepin ur distance while hes stunned, because warriors with vengeance will NEVER EVER run out of mana, so its just a matter of when his skills load is where his life depends on, so u just gott hit hard, stun like crazy and keep ur distance and make him
mess up his moves.. in other words.. a windmill almost usually comes right after a smash, so if he smash u once n u he didnt stun u, get out there asap, stun, keep ur distance n keep damaging..

im a warrior and i hate mages the most, because they slow u down with their stuns, not being able to move for 1s or more is a big factor
and you probably got his health down

this is prolly from previews update? coz right now mages die alot.
the skyward(stun or not) + windmill there is a low chance a mage can survive.

kite a warrior? how? make a stun? atm their is no chance a mage can kite a warrior. after they grow stun immunity mages, low armor and health.

well meh, i hope the next level cap mages can fight back. im still playing my mage even if i die alot. with this everything seems to be not in favor for mage class but that makes US(mages) do and work more harder. im still having fun challenging those 1hitter rogues.

mafiainc42
02-18-2013, 04:23 AM
u cant kite atm. rogues r still lunch meat. warriors a totally diff story

Robhawk
02-18-2013, 04:30 AM
revert the stun change

no class is buffed nor nerfed but those skilled at the art of stunning will have no trouble with pesky warriors

You need to stun the warrior around 10 times to have a serious chance to kill him... and what if you miss ONE stun and the warrior stuns you? :hypnotysed: He needs less than half a second to crush the little mage.
So the mage needs a totaly perfect play EVERYTIME to have a chance to survive while a warrior has best chances to get the kill with a "normal" play. To me, that doesnt sound fair.

edit: A first step in the right direction would be to take the warrior stun away!

Heiki
02-18-2013, 05:23 AM
Mages I feel you but I get the feeling there's some exaggerations here and there. I mean you guys don't exactly do 20 damage per spells but more around 400 no?

I have 3000 hp so I don't understand the guys that say they nuke all day and the warrior doesnt go down. Yes, heal is there but its 300 at most every 1.5 sec. I've been killed by mages plenty of times.

Genuinous
02-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Mages I feel you but I get the feeling there's some exaggerations here and there. I mean you guys don't exactly do 20 damage per spells but more around 400 no?

I have 3000 hp so I don't understand the guys that say they nuke all day and the warrior doesnt go down. Yes, heal is there but its 300 at most every 1.5 sec. I've been killed by mages plenty of times.

If a warrior just stood there and you could spam normal attacks at him, yes you could kill him faster. But a warrior kills you with a skyward+windmill combo! So literally you can't get hit! To do that a mage will need to charge normal attack and charge freeze and charge fireball from time to time. This takes time! Hence even though you do 300-400 dmg, you can't just spam that dmg. Instead it is a slow process, while warrior's heal skills fill its hp all too quickly....

warbluefish
02-18-2013, 06:17 AM
I guess the warrior is a pure tank build. It happened to me before. I have the same skill build as Energzeric. It suppose does more dmg than the mages with shield. even though i just still cant kill the guy. i used my whole mana and dead. Warriors mana last longer than me. i dont know what to say.

all mages spells need to.b charged to get side effect. it takes time. and its the time mages dont have. They get killed far to easy. i used shield before. and evrything is about timing to fight rogue. but for warrior its useless. so i respec to frost to increase dmg. but still. i can kill some normal warriors. but as the ones i know good. not a chance. not even close.

The most thing i worry about is after the new update. the mages new weapon maybe dont have stun any more. only the knockback. then the only stun we can get from fireball. and its two short.
Frost gives slow down . but it doesnt slow down skyward smash and windmill. in the 7.5 sec stun inmunity time. its a hard task to survive.

Irons<Xerred Demm>
02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Balancing classes based off of 1v1 battles would be a mistake on STS's part.

Put a mage in the rear of an engagement and see how devastating he is to the opposing team.

Personally, I make it a habit to go straight for the mage to keep his stun, aoe and incredibly high DPS out of the fight. Otherwise, there's a good chance we'll lose that battle.

Energizeric
02-18-2013, 04:29 PM

I think they are healing themselves quite a bit during the battle. It almost seems as if they heal as fast as I can damage them. And I do NOT have shield, so I am more of a damage build. Those guys using shield really do have no chance.

Also, for those who keep telling me to get the shield, you should know that I almost always win 1-on-1 against mages who have shield. It's not even a tough fight and I usually have 50%+ of my health left. It's because they cause very little damage. All shield does is allow you to run away and escape. Maybe you survive longer, but you end up with fewer kills.

yuriramos
02-18-2013, 04:55 PM
I have 168.9 damage on my sorc with colton and the only way i beat warriors 1on1 is when i use colton buff and pray for crits. I crit 1000 to 1400dmg dpending on the enemy def. So basically itsmoreon chnces of crit to win against warriors. Imo its not the sorcs job to kill warriors 1v1.

Genuinous
02-18-2013, 04:56 PM

Put a mage in the rear of an engagement and see how devastating he is to the opposing team.

Personally, I make it a habit to go straight for the mage to keep his stun, aoe and incredibly high DPS out of the fight. Otherwise, there's a good chance we'll lose that battle.

So mages lose 1v1
And mages die first in team battles, cos they are the top target for the opposing team

Makes sense :)

Irons<Xerred Demm>
02-18-2013, 05:35 PM
So mages lose 1v1
And mages die first in team battles, cos they are the top target for the opposing team

Personal strategy and team play can compensate the innate short comings of any class. This will become clear when the guild tourneys start.

birdmasta
02-18-2013, 05:43 PM
and people were saying warriors aint op on my "warriors the new op?" thread smh heiki

bluotaku
02-18-2013, 05:58 PM
So mages lose 1v1

I guess sorcs just have to hope warriors are there buffing/healing them.

Odinbr
02-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Ehem...Just to let sorcerers know few things if you never play warrior.Never ever you try to go 1 on 1 with a good warrior.Warrior is perfect killing-machine.There is no way you can win.Healing skill can reach 300+ DoT.AoE attack skill with stun,pull and snare chance.Mana refiller skill with insane buff.High armor,high health and high damage.Stunlock not really working.I have play all class and have seen that warrior is easiest to play and on another hand,sorcerer is the hardest.Probably thats the reason why people keep saying " Omg,nerf warrior"

inkredible
02-18-2013, 07:14 PM
this is prolly from previews update? coz right now mages die alot.
the skyward(stun or not) + windmill there is a low chance a mage can survive.

kite a warrior? how? make a stun? atm their is no chance a mage can kite a warrior. after they grow stun immunity mages, low armor and health.

well meh, i hope the next level cap mages can fight back. im still playing my mage even if i die alot. with this everything seems to be not in favor for mage class but that makes US(mages) do and work more harder. im still having fun challenging those 1hitter rogues.

rogues are just nuts.. but tbh i hate mages so much just cuz they stun u.. and if theyre with rogues yaaaaa dead. but yeah idk i hate the stuns whats why i hate mages,

KOD_Tha_Legend
02-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Yeah rogues are the best
imo

Hall of Fame lvl. 4,6,7,8,10

Cero
02-18-2013, 08:55 PM
rogues are just nuts.. but tbh i hate mages so much just cuz they stun u.. and if theyre with rogues yaaaaa dead. but yeah idk i hate the stuns whats why i hate mages,

warriors skyward stuns alot even though its only 25% the same as lightning stun but for some reason lightning stun seems not there at all.

edit:

Energizeric
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Imo its not the sorcs job to kill warriors 1v1.

Tell the warriors that when they chase after me or trap me in the spawn room. LOL

warbluefish
02-19-2013, 06:30 AM
warriors skyward stuns alot even though its only 25% the same as lightning stun but for some reason lightning stun seems not there at all.

PS: skyward does stuns even without charging it which isnt following the skill info.

On the skill info it didnt say skyward smash need to b charged to get a stun. so unfair compare to lighting.

The most dmg is still caused by windmill. on the way skyward smashing to u. the windmill will b charged. and it with 100% snare. then u dead.

Genuinous
02-19-2013, 06:54 AM
On the skill info it didnt say skyward smash need to b charged to get a stun. so unfair compare to lighting.

The most dmg is still caused by windmill. on the way skyward smashing to u. the windmill will b charged. and it with 100% snare. then u dead.

However Rogues need to charge to stun, mages need to charge to stun (fb as well), so as a balancing thing, it'd make sense for wars to stun too, wouldn't it? It'd help a lot I think with stunning warriors...

ishyrionek
02-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Stunned when charged healing - no heal, cd, I almost always die :'(

Vilified
02-19-2013, 11:06 AM

How would that be a mistake? You can put a Mage behind the group and it's pretty good, but try putting 5 warriors with heal in a group they are literally invincible.

Snalin
02-19-2013, 11:10 AM
The problem lies with windmill.

1. Random insane dmg outburst (hit 1700 on crit to someone @ l.16....)
2. Windmill should be deactivated when stunned.

Irons<Xerred Demm>
02-19-2013, 12:02 PM
How would that be a mistake? You can put a Mage behind the group and it's pretty good, but try putting 5 warriors with heal in a group they are literally invincible.

All speculation, even on my part due to all the variables in the public rooms.

I would think 4 warriors and a mage would trump 5 warriors every time.

Personally, depending on builds of teammates - I would take 2 warriors 2 rogues and a mage over the 5 warriors.

In a public PvP room, the more warriors on a team usually determines the outcome.

Vilified
02-19-2013, 12:35 PM
All speculation, even on my part due to all the variables in the public rooms.

I would think 4 warriors and a mage would trump 5 warriors every time.

Personally, depending on builds of teammates - I would take 2 warriors 2 rogues and a mage over the 5 warriors.

In a public PvP room, the more warriors on a team usually determines the outcome.

Idk mages are really squishy since the pet update i think it would be 4 warriors vs 5 warriors pretty quick. which would probably just turn into a draw because that heal/invincibility is ridiculously OP when multiple prople are using it. it would be hard to have the whole team target one enemy, with this games lack of a targeting system, and kill him in the short cool down that's left after 4-5 2.5 second invincibility being cast alongside around 1500 health being restored each time.

warbluefish
02-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Warrior r smart. first thing they do is skyward smash and windmill taking out the mage and rogue hiding behind.

The thing is that not every ctf fight has warrior in each team. and a good warrior makes hell of different. mage and rogue dont have that kind of impact.

Irons<Xerred Demm>
02-19-2013, 05:14 PM
I agree with the sentiment - a gaggle of warriors alternating heals in an efficient and effective manner is a challenge to overcome.

It may be the easiest way to win in a random game with random folks. But during tournament play between guilds, I do not think it will be the prevailing strategy. You cannot ignore the advantages of the other classes when used correctly And in conjunction with the warrior.

I play both sorcerer (egonz) and warrior (irons) in end game PvP. I've been on both sides of the equation and everywhere in between. I think the classes are well balanced, just not the players. The current culture of PvP (for various reasons) is to stack teams and go for the easy win/kill. This cannot be fixed in a public arena.

NoiSy MaN
02-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Especially with level cap raised to 26(more skill points), do you guys think arcane shield is worth getting for PvP purposes mostly? (it won't replace lifegiver)

Sent from my TS-703GR using Tapatalk 2

Xezbeth
02-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi Energizer,

I have tackled this issue in my thread here

Also included a guide how to deal with warriors if you are a mage.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87848-Critical-Sorcerer-build-PvP-balancing-suggestions

sameonseth
05-31-2015, 07:21 AM
Hi Im a Mage and not that Im bragging but I can kill a tank here and there.
That is if that tank has no Arcane pets and not using bonesaw or bulwark. Cuz bulwark just give them a lot of hp.

My tips to u guys is delay your shield. You guys should not use shield first but the heal. So you attack him and when your hp is around 30-40% use heal and charge shield in fast succession. Beware of their stuns cuz that might broke your shield.
Second, go crazy if the shield of his heal is out. I dont know but mostly I can kill them in this manner.

if you discover a better method then good for you.
What's important is YOU SHOULD SURVIVE LONGER THAN A TANK/WARRIOR.
Thats all. Haters gonna Hate.

Remarked
05-31-2015, 07:54 AM
Hi Im a Mage and not that Im bragging but I can kill a tank here and there.
That is if that tank has no Arcane pets and not using bonesaw or bulwark. Cuz bulwark just give them a lot of hp.

My tips to u guys is delay your shield. You guys should not use shield first but the heal. So you attack him and when your hp is around 30-40% use heal and charge shield in fast succession. Beware of their stuns cuz that might broke your shield.
Second, go crazy if the shield of his heal is out. I dont know but mostly I can kill them in this manner.

if you discover a better method then good for you.
What's important is YOU SHOULD SURVIVE LONGER THAN A TANK/WARRIOR.
Thats all. Haters gonna Hate.

U cant comment on a post from 2 years ago... Mega necro

omgcrit
05-31-2015, 12:00 PM
Killing wars lvl 41 is quite easy for me but depends, what I do is just drain they HP for a bit, then stun with sam, and spam they usually die.

omgcrit
05-31-2015, 12:04 PM
If they pro war, I use gust so they get stun charged first then crit with light, then repeat again, Sam stun.. Then my gun proc freeze them because of combo. Keep stunning/gusting and critting you will eventually kill the war.

Dex Scene
05-31-2015, 01:53 PM
If they pro war, I use gust so they get stun charged first then crit with light, then repeat again, Sam stun.. Then my gun proc freeze them because of combo. Keep stunning/gusting and critting you will eventually kill the war.
Gf bro but its a 2 years old thread.

Bless
05-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Killing wars lvl 41 is quite easy for me but depends, what I do is just drain they HP for a bit, then stun with sam, and spam they usually die. It's hard for mages since shield doesn't always last 15 seconds, whereas Jugg will always last, tanks can break shield in around 5-10 seconds and stun them. Then its GG.

I've only seen a handful who can beat tanks with same gear as them.

(edit: yes, I'm aware it is an old thread)