PDA

View Full Version : This is a mage?

Slowone
02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Ok, i want to talk about the sorcerer class.
I have a sorcerer, i want to say is stronger, because my mage have 282 damage dps. But when i do my best skill, i just take 400 from a rogue, or 250 from a tanker. My mage have only 1900 of health, and i expend skill points in strength to get that life number... my mage die whith 3 skills or 2 of a rogue and 4 skills maybe from a warrior... i want to ask, this is a mage? i ever played games where mage dies easy, but the damage is great. but, where is my damage? i expend real money, to get items, and to respect my char like 10 times, and is the same... and never do more damage.

so i ask? this is a mage? if it is, im very disapointed to expended my money in this game.

Bookiegeek
02-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Whoo 282 dps, pretty impresive. But fyi, dps is the damage you do normally with your weapon. "Damage" is damage you do with your skills.
So even if your dps is high, you're not gonna do much dmg if you "Damage" is low.

jb57542
02-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Whoo 282 dps, pretty impresive. But fyi, dps is the damage you do normally with your weapon. "Damage" is damage you do with your skills.
So even if your dps is high, you're not gonna do much dmg if you "Damage" is low.

I agree with this post as you increase your damage you can see your skill damage increase so damage over DPS is the better stat. With that being said buy a watchers rifle to get max damage.

Lesmiserables
02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Nope thats not a mage its a sorc therefore its dmg weak ;p .
Ok, i want to talk about the sorcerer class.
I have a sorcerer, i want to say is stronger, because my mage have 282 damage dps. But when i do my best skill, i just take 400 from a rogue, or 250 from a tanker. My mage have only 1900 of health, and i expend skill points in strength to get that life number... my mage die whith 3 skills or 2 of a rogue and 4 skills maybe from a warrior... i want to ask, this is a mage? i ever played games where mage dies easy, but the damage is great. but, where is my damage? i expend real money, to get items, and to respect my char like 10 times, and is the same... and never do more damage.

so i ask? this is a mage? if it is, im very disapointed to expended my money in this game.

wowdah
02-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Nope thats not a mage its a sorc therefore its dmg weak ;p .

Lol good one. They aren't the same thing

Madstar
02-18-2013, 02:33 PM
We're not Mages. We're Sorcerers! Even if we can't revive or do some good healing to us, and allies. :P

Energizeric
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
I have found that the high damage low health spec just doesn't do it in PvP. It may have been ideal for PvE, but for PvP there are better builds.

xcainnblecterx
02-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Also pvp is still being tweaked, hence the word "beta"

fatcharlie
02-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I have found that the high damage low health spec just doesn't do it in PvP. It may have been ideal for PvE, but for PvP there are better builds.

Im assuming that you are not full int? Or the way you increased your health is to get not-clever gear?

inkredible
02-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Bro i could say the same thing for sorcerers and rogues..

so we have 3000+ health (warriors) , mage stun us.. cane move for 2 seconds.. rogues crit.. 1k-2k.. hit more from mage or rogue.. = deado
it happens to every class.

Destructible
02-19-2013, 01:41 AM
It is kinda strange and unbalanced for the mage.

In PL, the mage is indeed a heavy damage-dealer, as it should be. But here, it just hasn't reached its perfect balanced zone yet. Its still new, after all :)

Bookiegeek
02-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Its hardly fair in Pvp.
I mean think about it:
Sorcerers vs Aimed Shot vs Healing Horn(Warrior)or Skyward Slam
Either i take them out since their hp is low, or they eventually die since they're doing crappy dmg.
Oh well, more PvP kills for me. :applause:

Slowone
02-20-2013, 07:02 AM

I think i didn't explain it well. just take a look in the photo and think...
yes, this is nos mage, is sorcerer, but sorcerer is recognized for the heal and the dificulty to be killed . i do a mage, i upgrade my skills to the best perform to damage, and i dont like it.

If mage is so weak and dont do any thing great, so take this class out of the game and let only warrior and rogues.
this is not balanced, so i'm very desapointed to expended my money in this game.

you people want to know my skills? shield 4/5, fire ball 2/5. ligthning 3/5, frozen bolt 1/5, inteligence 5/5 and strength 5/5.
if any one know another build to my char, tell me, i will be very apreciatied. but i stil doing only 400 damage in rogues and 300 or less in warriors. and die in 2 skills...

warbluefish
02-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Mage is too powerful and it so get nerfed the most. atm it does matter ur build. u need to b sneaky. and hide behind ur warrior teammate. if ohter side has warrior. and urs not. just quit the game.

Madstar
02-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Mages are weak.. they do not need nerf, but do need a buff.

Cero
02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Mage is too powerful and it so get nerfed the most. atm it does matter ur build. u need to b sneaky. and hide behind ur warrior teammate. if ohter side has warrior. and urs not. just quit the game.

No, how does mage become powerful? compare top mage stats with the top rogue/warrior stats.
rogue beats mages on almost everything(HP, dodge,crit and armor) the only it has is the highest on stat dmg which even with it our skill dmg is being outdmg by other classes.

Slowone
02-20-2013, 10:35 AM
No, how does mage become powerful? compare top mage stats with the top rogue/warrior stats.
rogue beats mages on almost everything(HP, dodge,crit and armor) the only it has is the highest on stat dmg which even with it our skill dmg is being outdmg by other classes.

@Slowone

bro, you need a better spec
if you want help i can give you some pointers

here is my stats.
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/18a631dfbd9abc802bb57facbe334a1a_zpsff3ee3b2.jpg

Man, if you can help me, i will be very apreciated.
The only time when i can kill some rogue, is when i use the shield and stun, and if i got lucky, do critical with ligthning... is the only way.
So, if you can tell me anything helpfull im thank to you.
Rigth now im just borring to go pvp because i only kill with ks...

TheBedtBird
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Indeed mages are very powerful, I can beat a team of five solo. Its just that some of you guys just haven't figured out a good build for pvp and pve:) But I hope when the next expansion arrives, theres a free respec week and you guys could work out your builds then:)

Robhawk
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Indeed mages are very powerful, I can beat a team of five solo. Its just that some of you guys just haven't figured out a good build for pvp and pve:) But I hope when the next expansion arrives, theres a free respec week and you guys could work out your builds then:)

You are a Hulk-mage and a comedian? Well thats a mixture -> FUNNY as hell^^

Cero
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM

i like how you encourage US(mages) in our class. TYVM;)

meanakric
02-21-2013, 05:00 AM
I agree with slowone. Leaving aside stun, crit damage, rifle's push ability and luck, mage attack just won't work on the other classes. You can't act fast, can't run fast, can't hit hard, can't stand attack. Yes, basically sorcerer is just a blue walking tofu. Shield is a must for sorcerer to survive in PVP, for a second or two more.

Jessicazx
02-21-2013, 05:11 AM
#nerfwarrior.. problem solved.

Thegrimreaper
02-21-2013, 05:45 AM

I challenge you to a duel good sir...I take down warriors in a 3 hit combo..mages with shield in 4

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Perroncel
02-21-2013, 06:31 AM
thats why i quit pvp and focus increasing my pve kills 24927

Energizeric
02-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Im assuming that you are not full int? Or the way you increased your health is to get not-clever gear?

Correct. With pet I am usually in the 2000-2100 health range. While it doesn't make a whole lot of difference against warriors, I get one-shot from rogues much less than I did when I had 1700 health, and I can usually beat rogues if I survive that first hit, as once I stun them they are toast. I also find I die less in PvE as well.

lenorath
02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
I've found the best build for a sorcerer at 21 with colt is high. Crit. Meaning putting points in passive dex and crit. Like me. With Colton no buff I'm at 168.9 dmg 9.05% crit 258% bonus dmg. Rifle being a must. For more crit I use fatality. And demonlord robes of Grace. Also for the crit. My over all damage per second. Is extremely high. I steal agro from geared rogues constantly. This is just a ln experimental spec mind you. I'm working out the kinks. 4/5 lightning 1/5 fire 1/5 ice 1/5 wind 3/5 passive dx 5/5 passives int and 5/5 passive crit. I will update my spec after the e and five extra points

uzidredar
02-21-2013, 07:25 PM
thats why i quit pvp and focus increasing my pve kills 24927

Wow that is a kickass k/d ratio. I'm lucky if I do 1/2. Care to give us a few pointers?
I stopped pvp almost entirely and I only play to collect coins these days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2