PDA

View Full Version : Guilds and Boss battles (ideas)

Rylin
04-07-2010, 03:11 PM
First off, will you allow the formation of guilds? This brings up my next idea that would be a benefit to joining one.

The fighting is done in instances from what I can see. What if you have a boss that requires 8+ people? In order to take down the boss, you'll first need to enter three instances with different objectives that your guild can work together to complete (group of four per instance). Once all objectives have been reached for all three instances, the engine will know to unlock the final (instanced) boss fight for guild members to participate in.

asommers
04-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Eventually, we will allow guilds.

One of the main reasons for the group size of 5 in a dungeon is screen real estate. We actually wanted more than what's currently on the HUD right now, but with the virtual joystick covering the left-hand corner on the iPhone version, you would be covering your party member information.

You can currently venture through a campaign with your existing party members. When you hit continue, you start the next dungeon in the campaign with the current party members.

-ALS

Hooblaim
04-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Guilds seem very intresting.

Healspawn
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
i would love guild funcionality, along with guild chat options

Shadowhippy
04-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Guilds sound awesome, and on the Topic of guild chat, before something like that is implemented being able to send a tell to a friend would be nice:)

Reisclef
04-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Couldn't guilds create threads, and everybody can friend in-game until a guild feature is put in place?

Just wanting to join a guild group and not just pugs!

Mageprodigy
02-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Bumped an ancient thread :P