PDA

View Full Version : The Kraken Isles Expansion Set to Explode Later this Week!

Samhayne
02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24178&d=1360363086

We're almost ready to holler a boisterous "YARR!" and set sail into the new, exciting waters of the Kraken Isles!

Look for the expansion to go live later this week. To keep your interest up, here is the bullet list of features along with a couple of extra screenshots:

The Kraken Isles Expansion - Coming Later This Week!

Level cap raised 5 levels to 26
Explore all of the new Kraken Isles adventure areas via ship
Fight the new pirate Aegir foes and bosses
All new pirate themed armor and weapons to collect
New Mythic and Arcane rarity items – the most powerful ever!
Season 3 of the Leaderboards. Do you have what it takes to become legend?
New Achievements
New pets to collect, including the Toucan and Monkey

Bootdaddy
02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Sweet!.. first

Xoreobonezxe
02-18-2013, 06:26 PM
1st post... Also, can you give us a preview of some armors and maybe the new arcane and mythic ranked items?

Xoreobonezxe
02-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Aww not first you posted right before me just didn't show up til now

Dragonrider023
02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Nice

Samhayne
02-18-2013, 06:31 PM
1st post... Also, can you give us a preview of some armors and maybe the new arcane and mythic ranked items?

Yes, we still have more to come on the Teaser Train! Woot Woot!

just comment
02-18-2013, 06:54 PM
can't wait to YARRRR!!! ;p

Jcyee
02-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait to see those new pets!

Also, will the arcane and mythic items be dropped in campaigns or the same as now?

KOD_Tha_Legend
02-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait to see those new pets!

Also, will the arcane and mythic items be dropped in campaigns or the same as now?

Yeah and how much j?j?

Hall of Fame lvl. 4,6,7,8,10

Spicy1
02-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Anything new actually with classes? Any skill revamps, new skills or things like that? That actually is what im looking forward to the most. Even new kind of weapons would be awesome and change things with characters.

D-:
02-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Sam, what color will the new "Cap Banner" be? I think a hot pink would look well. ;)

kilian27
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
For the next expansion (after kraken isles) why not include 2 new character classes but the problem is... I don't know which classes you will can add! :/ but i know you have got a very good imagination for find something of great!

Jed
02-18-2013, 07:58 PM
New pets yes
(notice the s on pets)

also 2 new char classes isn't that great of an idea
this isn't PL

Lowlyspy
02-18-2013, 08:03 PM
It's a bit early for new classes, don't ya think?

I do hope something is planned for skill points though, after this cap we'll have whatever build we have maxed out and all we'll have to put skill points into is passives :/

shadow90
02-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Anything new actually with classes? Any skill revamps, new skills or things like that? That actually is what im looking forward to the most. Even new kind of weapons would be awesome and change things with characters.

Lol Spacetime Studios isn't a big company.
There's a limit to how much they can do.
Don't get your hopes too high.

lolopopoy
02-18-2013, 08:10 PM
hi Sam
would like to ask if there will be new chests for the arcane and mythic items? or it would still cone from elite banded golden chest?

Vystirch
02-18-2013, 08:29 PM
I hope the mythic items drop on there own table and not from chests.

Also so glad you made a bird and monkey!

SuRfY
02-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Maybe Toucan and Monkey are just the names of the pets. Who knows, maybe Toucan is an elephant and Monkey is a dolphin. LOL

Energizeric
02-18-2013, 09:09 PM
I hope the mythic items drop on there own table and not from chests.

Also so glad you made a bird and monkey!

Yes, I agree. In PL part of the fun is when you are farming and you get a pink and everyone sees it and says "congratz". Otherwise the fun of it is kind of zapped and nobody really has a feel for how many of an item are dropping.

Lalarie
02-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Wohoo, excited for pets.!

Dragonrider023
02-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Yes, I agree. In PL part of the fun is when you are farming and you get a pink and everyone sees it and says "congratz". Otherwise the fun of it is kind of zapped and nobody really has a feel for how many of an item are dropping.

Yeah, even AO3 pinks lol

Noobiam
02-18-2013, 11:17 PM
NICE!!!! cant wait. :)

sgtsloter
02-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Nice :):):):)

Terrellz
02-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Yay monkey's! 🐒

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Destructible
02-19-2013, 01:35 AM
New Mythic and Arcane rarity items – the most powerful ever!

These items will be dropped instead of plat-bought, right? Hopefully STS will continue to retain their policy of the most powerful gear being farm-able.

Pulkeren
02-19-2013, 02:50 AM
is this mithic and arcane items will be purchase? or dropable

Energizeric
02-19-2013, 03:17 AM
is this mithic and arcane items will be purchase? or dropable

Just a guess, but I bet it will be both.

Madstar
02-19-2013, 03:19 AM
Hum, excuse me! I WANT THE MONKEY!!!

Lesmiserables
02-19-2013, 06:21 AM
later this week on the 21th perhaps :c ?

harimaumalaya
02-19-2013, 06:46 AM
new chest? new price?

Madstar
02-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Of course, i'll want a Arcane category set and weapon, I mean, everyone will.

But it will be so expensive ( 9 mil for 1 item? ), or too hard to get.

After spending 1700+ Platinum for HammerJaw's Egg, I did not get it.

So for farming these Arcane items, will we have to do like 50000 times the same boss, to then loot a Chest that will have 0,01% of luck to get a Arcane?

Just wondering, I am pretty curious and also trying to figure out what will happen once they arrive!

And still am a bit sad for wasting so many Platinums! Anyways, can't wait for the new expansion!

:)

CaptainPoo
02-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Sam,is there any platinum sale for this update?? It will be great :biggrin:

Mysticaleagle
02-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Awesome news, haven't got time to play much, but am ready to kill some pirates.

psychobunny
02-19-2013, 12:57 PM
New pets! Yes! Wow! Please dont tell me tge monkey would be an arcane one too, coz hammerjaw already costed me a fortune.

Vystirch
02-19-2013, 02:18 PM
New pets! Yes! Wow! Please dont tell me tge monkey would be an arcane one too, coz hammerjaw already costed me a fortune.

I think if it is arcane it will be droppable this time.

Energizeric
02-19-2013, 02:33 PM
So for farming these Arcane items, will we have to do like 50000 times the same boss, to then loot a Chest that will have 0,01% of luck to get a Arcane?

I sure hope so. I hope they keep the arcane items very rare, and the mythic items almost as rare.

Just keep in mind that you don't "have to do like 50000 times the same boss". Nobody has to have all of the arcane items, nor should anyone have them all. I think it should be the kind of thing where most players would be lucky to have one. Since there are no "sets" in AL, then we all mix and match our gear to our own liking and style. So if you have an arcane item, whether it be a weapon, armor or pet, then you can use it in combination with your other gear.

Or you could just save up lots of gold by farming and then try to buy an arcane item.

Cyganek
02-19-2013, 02:42 PM
I can't wait! Give me this now!

iJack
02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Sounds great!
Will respecs be free?

Vystirch
02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I sure hope so. I hope they keep the arcane items very rare, and the mythic items almost as rare.

Just keep in mind that you don't "have to do like 50000 times the same boss". Nobody has to have all of the arcane items, nor should anyone have them all. I think it should be the kind of thing where most players would be lucky to have one. Since there are no "sets" in AL, then we all mix and match our gear to our own liking and style. So if you have an arcane item, whether it be a weapon, armor or pet, then you can use it in combination with your other gear.

Or you could just save up lots of gold by farming and then try to buy an arcane item.

This is what I picture also :)

Sounds great!
Will respecs be free?

Yes, they will for awhile.

ishyrionek
02-19-2013, 03:14 PM

I do hope something is planned for skill points though, after this cap we'll have whatever build we have maxed out and all we'll have to put skill points into is passives :/
Yeah, i'm curious about this too.

These items will be dropped instead of plat-bought, right? Hopefully STS will continue to retain their policy of the most powerful gear being farm-able.

Like hamerjaw, ripmaw, hazel?

Vystirch
02-19-2013, 03:24 PM

Yeah, i'm curious about this too.

Here is what I found Sam has said:

Hey Svaskk,

Welcome to the Official Arcane Legends forums and congrats on making your first post!

When Spacetime came out with our 2nd game, Star Legends (http://starlegends.com) we had planned on allowing Platinum to be used on any of our games. Unfortunately, Apple's terms of service do not allow for the transfer of virtual currency between apps. While we would really like to allow such a transfer, we wouldn't want our games to be removed from the Apple App Store. So, unfortunately, that option won't happen.

Right now vanities are only available on The Store. As such, they are not likely to be made tradeable. All of the other items in the game (for the most part) are all tradeable, so we feel this is a good balance. If you're bumming because you don't have Platinum, you might want to check out the Free Platinum offers through the in-app Store.

As for more powers or abilities, the team has some ideas on that front that may take shape as we continue to release expansions and increase the level cap.

Have a great weekend and thanks again for sharing your ideas!

Above in bold would be Sam's answer to your question.

-Vys

BoomBox
02-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Sweet cant wait!! Stoked

Mysticaleagle
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM

Correct. You have my 'vote' on that.

+1.

Vincenzo D'Amico
02-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Che meraviglia *-* ... non vedo l'ora :D ... si potrebbe avere anche una lista delle armature e armi e i loro relativi valori ???

ishyrionek
02-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Here is what I found Sam has said:

Above in bold would be Sam's answer to your question.

-Vys

Some Ideas arent answers.

Vystirch
02-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Some Ideas arent answers.

An idea is more of an answer than no thought at all.

-Vys

p.s. yes the above sentence makes sense.

Zanpakuto
02-20-2013, 03:26 AM
Woah a monkey! At least the mythic and arcane items will be upgradable through the further expansions! All you need is one and you're set forever!