PDA

View Full Version : remove ctf LB change to another one

just comment
02-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Recently, many people complain about farm or egoist farming with friend to earn kill and flag at ctf..
And so do i, i also feel the same when i enter a room with top flag people ...
I don't blame them for doing so, because it's very human for top lb people to do so..
So i think,it will be better if ctf lb and achievement is removed...
So no one do this anymore, and they do pvp for fun...
And make this ctf room hostable by player,player can set password for the room, so when we want to play with friends, we won't have difficulties..
And if player want to play in public, no need to set password (make it like dota i mean)
That will bring so much fun to this game...

And for the exchange for removing ctf lb...
You can add boss kill lb and achievement...
You can add spesific boss kill lb and achievement (ex : 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, etc stahl kill, bael kill, jarl kill, etc)
And add more specific mob kill (100, 500, 1000, etc skeleton kill, mage kill, etc)
So they won't get bored by farming over the same monster that will boost their pve kill in fastest way...
Or another creative idea for lb and achievement...

So if someone going to farm it, no one is getting annoyed by them, because they will make a toon for party then do solo in a room and annoy no one...
And i'm sure they won't farm at public, because monster getting stronger when you have more people in the same room and of course you have to share the kill with other..
Giving lb and achievement that involved public people like ctf or maybe future update will result on losing fun for player who want to have fun playing game and doesn't bother with lb and achievement..

So better remove all lb and achievement that must be done public room pls :-)

This is just my opinion, i mean no offense to anyone, hope my opinion will be useful for everyone :-)

Vystirch
02-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Meh, I think the current system is fine.

hippl
02-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Current system would be fine in FFA. Cause now it's FFA in CTF-trousers.
Remove current ctf LB for season 3. Please.

Cero
02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Ctf and your boss LB suggestion are the same they can be both farmed. Anything that goes with kills can be farmed in this game.

edit: i just made a glance on your post, Kill LB = Farm LB

CaptainPoo
02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
I agree remove the ctf leaderboard.There is no point of putting it there if what most people do is cheating.I dont say all but most of them do farm kill.There is once a twink who say to me like this " hey you,im here first to kill farm".I dont have any will to kill farm but I steal some of his kill when war.So then when he eager he say " fine,you win"
Then he out but return choosing the other side of the team because I know there are 1 of his party member.He keep chasing me and try to kill me but failed.Then he called his guild members ( twinks guild ) to join LOL.What my point is some people with obsesion to be on leaderboard,take this game too serious.They even say bad words to me which I believe has happened to some of you.Come on people,I believe you know its a game which made to bring fun to us.There is really no need to do such things.With that much of kills you get from kill farm,you still not as good as the one who really skilled on pvp.So once again REMOVE THE CTF LEADERBOARD

just comment
02-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Maybe current system is fine..
But with hostable room, we can do our own community tournament...
So much fun for us..
And dev also can make their weekly, monthly, etc tournament that require plat for registeration (income is a must for keeping on developing this great game)..
And they can give special prize for the tournament winner, and announce the winner to public..
Almost the same with lb, but more pointful than pointless farm and egoist player competition inside ctf now..

just comment
02-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Ctf and your boss LB suggestion are the same they can be both farmed. Anything that goes with kills can be farmed in this game.

edit: i just made a glance on your post, Kill LB = Farm LB

So if someone going to farm it, no one is getting annoyed by them, because they will make a toon for party then do solo in a room and annoy no one...
And i'm sure they won't farm at public, because monster getting stronger when you have more people in the same room and of course you have to share the kill with other..
Giving lb and achievement that involved public people like ctf or maybe future update will result on losing fun for player who want to have fun playing game and doesn't bother with lb and achievement..

farming happened everywhere, but at least no more annoying farm

Energizeric
02-18-2013, 09:12 PM
I like the Kills leaderboard, but I think the flag leaderboard should just not go as high. In PL the highest flag achievement is for 10 flags. Yet in CTF we got 10k flags? Who can possibly get that many without farming?

The kills will happen for most players over a few months if they play CTF regularly. But the flags is just crazy. I'd suggest the highest achievement for flags should be maybe 1k at most.

Lady_Pebbles
02-18-2013, 09:54 PM
I actually agree w/the hosting matches part but not the removal of the LB and here is why:

There two different PvP bases; those that want to farm and those that actually want to play the game the way its supposed to be played without caring about the LB. Allowing matches to be hosted will allow the PvP LBers to farm the same way PvE LBers farm; in locked maps. In PvE all you gotta do is party with someone and you can enter seperate maps to farm in to be solo. In PvP they have to either be in random rooms with friends replaying on the same teams constantly, use macros to cheat, and or exploite the bug where they join lower lvl matches to farm....

So if they allow us to host matches, we can all PvP the way WE want to PvP without anyone else making it unenjoyable.

fatcharlie
02-18-2013, 09:54 PM
I like the Kills leaderboard, but I think the flag leaderboard should just not go as high. In PL the highest flag achievement is for 10 flags. Yet in CTF we got 10k flags? Who can possibly get that many without farming?

The kills will happen for most players over a few months if they play CTF regularly. But the flags is just crazy. I'd suggest the highest achievement for flags should be maybe 1k at most.

Yeah, I agree, flag achievement is hard to reach...especially when you're playing a mage.

just comment
02-18-2013, 10:05 PM
I actually agree w/the hosting matches part but not the removal of the LB and here is why:

There two different PvP bases; those that want to farm and those that actually want to play the game the way its supposed to be played without caring about the LB. Allowing matches to be hosted will allow the PvP LBers to farm the same way PvE LBers farm; in locked maps. In PvE all you gotta do is party with someone and you can enter seperate maps to farm in to be solo. In PvP they have to either be in random rooms with friends replaying on the same teams constantly, use macros to cheat, and or exploite the bug where they join lower lvl matches to farm....

So if they allow us to host matches, we can all PvP the way WE want to PvP without anyone else making it unenjoyable.

If the match can be hosted, match lb is about farm, that's why better remove match lb....

Genuinous
02-18-2013, 10:58 PM
I am still not willing to accept that farming kills or flags in pvp is allowed. It shouldn't be. Some players work really hard to get kills and flags in legit ways, fighting with others, while someone can just decide to farm alts? And they should then be recognized as the best and awarded special flags? Isn't that messed up a bit?

Yes yes you may say that ppl do it in pve. However look at the difference.
in pve everybody is killing the same mobs
in pvp some players are killing players and some are killing alts

Can you compare the two? No! Getting to the lb and winning it by competing with real players should not be overlooked because someone decides to take the easy way. It is just not fair.

Also look at how Player X just rocked up 5k flags out of nowhere! By clearly just farming it. Should this player now receive top honours for farming flags too? I don't think so...

just comment
02-18-2013, 11:05 PM
I am still not willing to accept that farming kills or flags in pvp is allowed. It shouldn't be. Some players work really hard to get kills and flags in legit ways, fighting with others, while someone can just decide to farm alts? And they should then be recognized as the best and awarded special flags? Isn't that messed up a bit?

Yes yes you may say that ppl do it in pve. However look at the difference.
in pve everybody is killing the same mobs
in pvp some players are killing players and some are killing alts

Can you compare the two? No! Getting to the lb and winning it by competing with real players should not be overlooked because someone decides to take the easy way. It is just not fair.

Also look at how Player X just rocked up 5k flags out of nowhere! By clearly just farming it. Should this player now receive top honours for farming flags too? I don't think so...

I think this is out of the topic gen :-)
It's not about farmer or egoist lb people, but it is about better pvp for all AL player :-)

inkredible
02-18-2013, 11:27 PM
eh its fine but u know what.. the password, private pvp is actually a great idea

Genuinous
02-18-2013, 11:52 PM
I think this is out of the topic gen :-)
It's not about farmer or egoist lb people, but it is about better pvp for all AL player :-)

Hmmm... I see what you mean :) I was too annoyed and your block of text too thick to read through :P

none the less I stand by what I wrote, because I think that lb is great and it should still be a part of the game. I pvp a lot (almost exclusively pvp since it came out) and I do want to see how i'm doing. I want to compare myself to others, etc etc. Many reasons to say for the lb.

Also private hosted rooms would be great, but this does not have to result in lb being removed! All you need to do is not count private hosted kills and flags into your stats. Since it's with friends and for fun, it would not show up on your character sheet.

But farming is still annoying and wrong imo, and thus should be handled (even though sts said they dont do anything against it)...

just comment
02-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Hmmm... I see what you mean :) I was too annoyed and your block of text too thick to read through :P

none the less I stand by what I wrote, because I think that lb is great and it should still be a part of the game. I pvp a lot (almost exclusively pvp since it came out) and I do want to see how i'm doing. I want to compare myself to others, etc etc. Many reasons to say for the lb.

Also private hosted rooms would be great, but this does not have to result in lb being removed! All you need to do is not count private hosted kills and flags into your stats. Since it's with friends and for fun, it would not show up on your character sheet.

But farming is still annoying and wrong imo, and thus should be handled (even though sts said they dont do anything against it)...

Lb + hosted room = 100% farming
That's why if you read all my post, i also suggest for official tournament..
So almost the same with lb, but in different way..
Your effort can be officially posted too :-)

just comment
02-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Of course if you win the tournament :-)

Lady_Pebbles
02-19-2013, 01:38 AM
They are already farming 100% of the time is what Im trying to say. So let them continue their lil LB competition stuff in hosted rooms (with or without the LB they'll still be players like that) while the rest of us can play CtF the way it was meant to be played.

Madstar
02-19-2013, 03:32 AM
I agree with Ene.

10k flag achievement is ridiculous.

Especially for flag farmers, they'll have all the advantage for Achievement Points leaderboards.

Remove CTF season 3 please.

pilon
02-19-2013, 03:36 AM
remove CTF LB

Snalin
02-19-2013, 04:30 AM
I agree with Ene.

10k flag achievement is ridiculous.

Especially for flag farmers, they'll have all the advantage for Achievement Points leaderboards.

Remove CTF season 3 please.

I don't get you. Do you have split personalities?
On one hand you're against farming and wish for ctf lb's removal and on the other hand you're one of the top farmers.
Hmmm hard to figure this one out

Madstar
02-19-2013, 05:16 AM
On one hand you're against farming and wish for ctf lb's removal and on the other hand you're one of the top farmers.

Quit stalking, and trolling. Grow up.

Even if you're wrong with the last part, just get over it.

*Click*

just comment
02-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Guys, please, i start this thread to share idea with other, not to make drama here :-)
So pls stop all drama action here, i don't want the discussion closed :-)
If you're going to play drama, pls start your own new thread, don't be here pls :-)

warbluefish
02-19-2013, 06:22 AM
I read a comment from Sam. i forgot from which thread. Sam said they r thinking of extend the LB. and also give evryone on LB the banner. from what i see. there r some ppl doing kill farms. but not all. and we know most of those farmers name. they r up there just to shame themself.

As the the level cap will keep rising. its harder and harder for high level player to do the farming. maybe on LB just not only show the player name but with their level as well.

Deadbite
02-19-2013, 06:44 AM
…… removing the leader board.... Lmao..... Come on..... Some people play legit so you want to ruin their chances for a banner?? Just because you want to ruin a few of the farmers? Seriously????

Limsi
02-19-2013, 08:05 AM
I play legit, welcome to our world!

Lesmiserables
02-19-2013, 08:26 AM
pfft all the effort of those who are LEGIT will be wasted :C ^

ucaflaeba
02-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Remove lb just because farmers? I'm not even top ten on my class but I had legit efforts on my kills. Why don't just ban the farmers like madstar, langzi, etc.
Yes I said names, we know them already lol. Why sacrifice almost 75 players on CTF LB just because few farmers ruin the game.

BAN FARMERS, SO THERE WILL BE NO MORE IN THE FUTURE.

They really ruin the game. Fu*k farmers..

Vilified
02-19-2013, 10:27 AM
The solution is simple ranked/social matches.

ranked randomly matches your team against another and is the only way to reach leader boards.

Social being what they have now with the ability to host games and no chance of making leader boards.

And everyone's happy I'm surprised they didn't go this way in the first place since there are leader boards

Flamberge
02-19-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm not in the LB nor a kill farmer. But seriously, aren't u guys just being jelly? Those farmer harm nobody, they play at their own risk and STS clearly stated that it's not against TOS. So let's say, if there is no CTF n flag LB. But there are still peeps who farm kills and flag, will that bother as well? I have nothing against this, but if it ain't breaking any rules then it is allowed.

ucaflaeba
02-19-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm not in the LB nor a kill farmer. But seriously, aren't u guys just being jelly? Those farmer harm nobody, they play at their own risk and STS clearly stated that it's not against TOS. So let's say, if there is no CTF n flag LB. But there are still peeps who farm kills and flag, will that bother as well? I have nothing against this, but if it ain't breaking any rules then it is allowed.

Farmers harms nobody? Imagine youre on the top of the leaderboard, doing legit kills for a a given time and effort. But then being surpassed just in a day or two by farmers who kills alternate toons .
If you're not even on the LB then you'd better shut up, cause youre NOT on the same boat.

Flamberge
02-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Farmers harms nobody? Imagine youre on the top of the leaderboard, doing legit kills for a a given time and effort. But then being surpassed just in a day or two by farmers who kills alternate toons .
If you're not even on the LB then you'd better shut up, cause youre NOT on the same boat.

Ah so you admitted. No need to point your rage at me. I'm not a farmer nor a lb. U should check STS for this though. What I said in my earlier post is those farmer did nothing against tos. If there isn't any lb for ctf, will u still be mad?

ucaflaeba
02-19-2013, 11:00 AM

Even madstar, which is a big farmer. Got irritated when he's surpassed by other farmer...LoL

Snalin
02-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Even madstar, which is a big farmer. Got irritated when he's surpassed by other farmer...LoL
^+1

ucaflaeba
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Ah so you admitted. No need to point your rage at me. I'm not a farmer nor a lb. U should check STS for this though. What I said in my earlier post is those farmer did nothing against tos. If there isn't any lb for ctf, will u still be mad?

Admit what? If I would not be happy being surpassed by farmers, after my legit efforts? Then the answer is YES.

The TOS can be changed. Rules changed you know.

When something feels not right...then maybe it is.
just change the rules already, or there will be toons with 1million CTF kill. We'll its possible really..LoL

Madstar
02-19-2013, 01:45 PM

^+1

Gonna go get some chill pills for ya both! ;)

Cry Moar Pl0x? :)

Mysticaleagle
02-19-2013, 02:21 PM

Quit stalking, and trolling. Grow up.

Even if you're wrong with the last part, just get over it.

*Click*

Remove lb just because farmers? I'm not even top ten on my class but I had legit efforts on my kills. Why don't just ban the farmers like madstar, langzi, etc.
Yes I said names, we know them already lol. Why sacrifice almost 75 players on CTF LB just because few farmers ruin the game.

BAN FARMERS, SO THERE WILL BE NO MORE IN THE FUTURE.

They really ruin the game. Fu*k farmers..

^+1

Admit what? If I would not be happy being surpassed by farmers, after my legit efforts? Then the answer is YES.

The TOS can be changed. Rules changed you know.

When something feels not right...then maybe it is.
just change the rules already, or there will be toons with 1million CTF kill. We'll its possible really..LoL

Folks, I do understand the situation, but you do realise it's a game, and these comments are not needed. It will only get worse. That being said, maybe the OP did not ask for all this drama, and just wanted to make a thread, gently. No need to break it, and make it locked. My two cents on this.

Madstar
02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Folks, I do understand the situation, but you do realise it's a game, and these comments are not needed. It will only get worse. That being said, maybe the OP did not ask for all this drama, and just wanted to make a thread, gently. No need to break it, and make it locked. My two cents on this.

I agree. Thanks for pointing this up. :)

just comment
02-19-2013, 03:32 PM
…… removing the leader board.... Lmao..... Come on..... Some people play legit so you want to ruin their chances for a banner?? Just because you want to ruin a few of the farmers? Seriously????

Of course not now, after season 2 end, then remove it i mean

MightyMicah
02-19-2013, 04:54 PM
It's amazing. Over in PL the player base is convinced that removing the ability to host games will help FFA and stop boosting. Now that's what you call ironic.

ucaflaeba
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Gonna go get some chill pills for ya both! ;)

Cry Moar Pl0x? :)

LoL, the mighty farmer is here.
I guess youre just so eagerly MAD to be the STAR..ehh?? LoL

ucaflaeba
02-19-2013, 05:27 PM

It is a game, and im playing/toying madstar. Hes the STAR of PVP and he's MAD you know? LMAO.
Rumors said that he had 10 android phones, he must be busy..LoL

just comment
02-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Guys, pls stop the drama, i just want to share idea with other, not sharing drama..
So pls stop drama, it will lead to closed thread..

I just suggesting why don't sts ban farmer, idk it's right or wrong..

If obvious farmer is banned, how bout unobvious farmer..
(farm for 10k kill for achievement then stop,so they won't be exposed on lb or maybe they farm everyday but farm for 300-400 per day)
Impossible for sts to look for all farmer,but if they don't ban unobvious farmer, it will be unfair for obvious farmer..
Don't say they deserve it, because you will turn to unfair shouter, but you do unfairness too

And how bout egoist lb people who harrass other player, never help team, wall hack with skyward, they ruin the game for other player too..

But both of them can't be blamed, because it's very human to do so..

So pls, stop the pointless drama, better discuss for better development for AL player, and ctf is beta, sts has legit right to do reset kill/flag status, change the whole rule, etc no need to fight because of beta thing...

Thx for the understanding :-)

just comment
02-19-2013, 07:29 PM
I just suggesting ( guessing i mean :-) ) why don't sts ban farmer

Sorry, i''m not native english speaker, sometimes forget about vocabulary :-)

Mysticaleagle
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
It is a game, and im playing/toying madstar. Hes the STAR of PVP and he's MAD you know? LMAO.

I do not care about a 'rumor'. I do not care about your non constructive reply towards me. All I see, is you getting upset over a farmer, which is obviously wrong. There is, what we call earth, and as you may know, all humans are not perfect. They all have different personalities and wishes. If a player wants to farm, then let him be and let him play without enjoying the game. Your immature replies towards someone that understands the situation and tries to help and make things better, will make YOU the bad looking guy. That being said, you may take this post in a way that will make you think and understand, or quote me on it, for more attention, which will of course, lead me to not reply. Anyways, have a good day. :)

Madstar
02-19-2013, 08:52 PM
LoL, the mighty farmer is here.
I guess youre just so eagerly MAD to be the STAR..ehh?? LoL

Ucaflae, take a break. Quit whining.

I do not care about a 'rumor'. I do not care about your non constructive reply towards me. All I see, is you getting upset over a farmer, which is obviously wrong. There is, what we call earth, and as you may know, all humans are not perfect. They all have different personalities and wishes. If a player wants to farm, then let him be and let him play without enjoying the game. Your immature replies towards someone that understands the situation and tries to help and make things better, will make YOU the bad looking guy. That being said, you may take this post in a way that will make you think and understand, or quote me on it, for more attention, which will of course, lead me to not reply. Anyways, have a good day. :)

+100. At least someone understands what I was talking about. :D

Delphina
02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Thread closed due to flaming.
See this thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?85831-Regarding-Kill-Farming-in-PvP