PDA

View Full Version : STS Rebalancing PVP?

azefekie
02-18-2013, 09:12 PM
I know there are multiple threads about fixes that should come to PL PVP but has STS still ignored it or have they said something about balancing? or are they going to continue to make it worse...

Thanks

bglir
02-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Looks like its not coming anytime soon or perhaps it is coming with new map with new weapon sets but most of all the lagg is getting bad, ping is getting higher than before, the delay the bugs came with it, hopefully the improvement will come soon or looks like the next level cap will be my last active in ctf.

cookiez
02-19-2013, 12:29 AM
I think sts way of balancing pvp is to bring more op events until everyone has same gear

DocDoBig
02-19-2013, 01:40 AM
TE promised in another thread, that "she will look into it".
Also into fox and rhino balance.

xcainnblecterx
02-19-2013, 08:59 AM
TE promised in another thread, that "she will look into it".
Also into fox and rhino balance.

I actually ran into a quite good fox in lvl50 pvp. Best fox ive seen next to yso so far

Roberto077
02-19-2013, 10:09 AM
In the next cap there will be a major defense boost and little offense boost. This means tanks will hopfully be back to tanking and mages will be back to having int. As for PvP, there will be a forgotten type event round two.

Griffinfan
02-20-2013, 08:36 AM
lawl! another thread on pvp, give it a rest.

MightyMicah
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
I actually ran into a quite good fox in lvl50 pvp. Best fox ive seen next to yso so far

Oh really? Who was he?

;)
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/786BEB2B-E4A7-4D93-8282-C8389371252E-7041-0000070A8C61BD51.jpg

Phoenixking
02-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Looks like its not coming anytime soon or perhaps it is coming with new map with new weapon sets but most of all the lagg is getting bad, ping is getting higher than before, the delay the bugs came with it, hopefully the improvement will come soon or looks like the next level cap will be my last active in ctf.
I know right! The lag has been getting worse, I get more lag on pl then O&C

Just shows how bad pvp is lol xD

XghostzX
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Let's hope :)

xcainnblecterx
02-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Oh really? Who was he?

;)

Lol eh you seen him.

AbsolutePally
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Sometimes when players say they want re balance that just means give me my int mage back with 20+ dodge 20- armor than str set, more damage than a bird again and the most total regeneration. oh and keep my crit above 100 BC I like that ship.

Chopper
02-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Sometimes when players say they want re balance that just means give me my int mage back with 20+ dodge 20- armor than str set, more damage than a bird again and the most total regeneration. oh and keep my crit above 100 BC I like that ship.

Ha, that's probably right.

If everyone is so concerned about balance, why doesn't PvP have an option so that every player has the exact same STOCK toon to fight with? YOu dont use your own toon, but the computer generated stock ones.
It could simple be Player 1, Player 2, etc. with the exact same toons. Then skill and luck would be the only factors, right?

MightyMicah
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Ha, that's probably right.

If everyone is so concerned about balance, why doesn't PvP have an option so that every player has the exact same STOCK toon to fight with? YOu dont use your own toon, but the computer generated stock ones.
It could simple be Player 1, Player 2, etc. with the exact same toons. Then skill and luck would be the only factors, right?

That sounds neat but then again, when did we all get brainwashed into thinking balancing pvp is a hard thing to do? It really isn't as hard as it seems. Sts simply doesn't care to balance it at the moment.

Multibird
02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
ZOMG!!

Deathofan
02-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Look at sewers. Fortified has more armor than damage if you are lv55-56, pure dex bird in customized has twice damage as in armor, and enchanted had 1.5xs damage than armor (if im correct). Imo they should get rid off a mass of dmg from the str set and add it into armor and lower dodge buff (bear should not have 75+dodge), mages need to get lowered down in dodge (less than 20), h/s and critical but more armor, birds armor this cap was perfect (220), but they need to lower their dodge buff (not higher than 60) and bow/skill dmg. And every stat should be able to give hp per certain number of points you add into it, the only ones benefiting from it are str users. Ex: 5str=3hp, 5dex=2hp, 5int=2hp etc.

azefekie
02-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Nah at this point STS just makes new items and gear and throws it too one class and waits for feedback before they do it too the next class.

@absolute: you're right us mages who have always liked being int have no chance anymore although we still try. i don't want a bunch of new stuff done to mages. drop dodge on birds and dmg then give mages some more armor.

when you're in CTF and 3 players aim at a bird and he literally dodges 20 shots in a row you know there's a problem. there have been too many threads out there started by really good players with really legitimate solutions. instead like i said they make a new weapon for a specific class too "help" it. and lets not even start on how horrible fox's and rhino's are lol i want these 3 classes fixed first...IMO that should of been done instead of wasting time on new classes. too many good players quit because PL has been getting worse (in PvP and CTF).

mejslll
02-24-2013, 12:21 AM
skills kill...

first - stop and read each skill and under stand when and why you would use that skill, second- play with diff types of buff/debuffs to get the right skill points, third-practise... alot, die even more then alot and learn your skills and ranges, and who you can beat and who you cant ... example at lvl seventy six, my bear can kill any charter, but my lvl seventy six war bird can kill bears and birds easier then i can any type of mage... so i stay away from mages and go after birds first then bears second.

the point is you need to learn, not just enter a game and start killing... except - lvl seventy six dex crafted birds... they can kill at will. i see noobie crafted birds that i have never ever seen in end game kill pro bears or mages at will...

skills kill...

Jig
02-24-2013, 03:23 AM
All i want is skills back to 7-8 be a lot easier then.. Not as much op less points in skills would take down the dmg and more "skill".. Well thats what i think. I'd like ro see mages with more armour more mana regen more Mana pool.. Even angel set lvl 66 has tons more dodge and armor?? The human wand set is just as good as fiery set.. Maybe they can slowly decrease there sets so it was like sewers sets! Could be possible?

Nihiliste
02-24-2013, 06:46 AM
skills kill...

first - stop and read each skill and under stand when and why you would use that skill, second- play with diff types of buff/debuffs to get the right skill points, third-practise... alot, die even more then alot and learn your skills and ranges, and who you can beat and who you cant ... example at lvl seventy six, my bear can kill any charter, but my lvl seventy six war bird can kill bears and birds easier then i can any type of mage... so i stay away from mages and go after birds first then bears second.

the point is you need to learn, not just enter a game and start killing... except - lvl seventy six dex crafted birds... they can kill at will. i see noobie crafted birds that i have never ever seen in end game kill pro bears or mages at will...

skills kill...

You see "noobie" birds kill "pro" bears and mages because they're overpowered as crap.

Yyujj
02-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Also, cause of the high dmg, and therefor short fights, the impact on bad ping is much larger now. Because of that USA based players have a big advantage over other continents. (because of the distance to server, for eu player it adds bout 100 ms, no matter how good your connection is) If they dont fix it, my assumption is that ctf and pvp will USA players only, and a lot of pvp/ctf players from other continents will leave the game....i know i will.

I hope they see its bad for business ..and it needs à fix!

Yyujj
02-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Back in the old days it was simple, assuming same ping and skills:
Bird kills bear
Bear kills int mage
Int mage kills bird.

In ctf mage is Nice for rev, bird for multiple hits with blast, bear for pulls and roots.

At the moment, int mage is not a weakness of either bird or bear in 1 on 1 situation.
Imo it should be to restore the balance

KingFu
02-24-2013, 07:41 PM
STS needs to structure the classes to work together again. Forget 1v1s, they need to build each class for what they're supposed to have. Bird should have crit and hit, Mage should have damage and MS, bear should have armor and HS. Tone down on the luck base stats (mostly meaning dodge). Go back to how crafted sets were in BS. PvP is meant to be FFA style, so structure around that, not 1v1s. Not fun when mages are free kills, bears are meh, and birds nuke and dodge everything. Should I even mention rhino and fox?

Jig
02-25-2013, 06:48 AM
STS needs to structure the classes to work together again. Forget 1v1s, they need to build each class for what they're supposed to have. Bird should have crit and hit, Mage should have damage and MS, bear should have armor and HS. Tone down on the luck base stats (mostly meaning dodge). Go back to how crafted sets were in BS. PvP is meant to be FFA style, so structure around that, not 1v1s. Not fun when mages are free kills, bears are meh, and birds nuke and dodge everything. Should I even mention rhino and fox?

Agree, I 100% totally agree with you.. luck luck its all luck dodge with bears and all str it should be more armour and hp what you said is completely right

Waug
02-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Thing is clear, don't expect anything exclusive for 'pl' from now, sts is making 'sts legend games' nothing like pl pvp or al pvp expect it to be same, its like same food but the packages are different.

azefekie
03-09-2013, 08:51 AM
well i've said it before if they're too busy to sit down and figure this out there are a ton of well respected and fair players who wouldn't mind helping to figure out the perfect balance...level by level. I think after coming out with more and more games they just decided to give up on trying to be creative and make things even and sit back and rake in the money. PL is still the best game they've made and its in extreme decline, it has been neglected for too long.

tHelonestud
03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Seriously, before they add anymore playable content, they need a heavy rebalance of skills and gear, possibly even stats.
I really enjoyed pvp before it was simply a dodge contest

Jig
03-09-2013, 06:57 PM
This was there first game, also there still best game i dont understand its more popular then sl and dl, a lot more people play PL so they should put their brains back into it, or maybe they are theyre just working dam hard on the 81 update and making the just perfect ;) they will always have a plan and this is one of them im guessing

tHelonestud
03-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Also all debuffs are too extreme, knocking someone hit chance back 60 points is pretty drastic, rank up skills with new perks rather than taking the current abilities to the extreme. Why can't we have crit debuffs? Foxes and rhinos add some regen debuffs but they hardly last long enough to make any difference.

Relating to classes working together I couldn't agree more. Adding the rhino really kind of brought this to mind, as it comes across as a team player rather than the 1v1 everyone now does. I put some of my ideas over here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89140-My-opinions-on-elixirs-and-class-roles), but it's obvious things need to change and if the developers listen and care as much as they claim, I really don't understand why they haven't fixed anything yet. I know Technoemail was trying(where did she go o.O), but I think she realized it was more than just a few damage and armour points that needed changed.

XghostzX
03-09-2013, 11:55 PM
I hate PL PvP.

Sorry for the venting, teehee.

Zeus
03-10-2013, 12:16 AM
I hate PL PvP.

Sorry for the venting, teehee.

I never thought I'd see Ghost say that he hates PvP, LOL!

Yich
03-10-2013, 12:20 AM
I never thought I'd see Ghost say that he hates PvP, LOL!

You took that out of context. He doesnt hate PvP, he hates PL PvP.

MightyMicah
03-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Level 50 bros! It's still mildly fair and fun (=