View Full Version : New player, a few questions.

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Hey everyone :-)

Basically me, my fiancé and son of 11 have iPads and want something to play. I used to play Rift on my laptop but got a little to addicted lol. Anyway this game looks cool and for casuals also. I wondered if anyone could help with a few questions:

1. Is this the best mmo, as in easy to get into? I played a lot of OrderChaos but think that might be a bit to complex for them.

2. It says on the app preview screen you can play co-op.. How would we go about playing together?

3. How does guilds work in this game? How quick can I make one? And is 3 members enough to open one?

4. Is there an Auction House in game?

5. Is there a free app for this site? The only one that pops up is £2.99.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Limsi
02-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Hey there and welcome to Arcane Legends!

1. Well one thing is for sure, AL sure is on fire right now. With Massive! declaring it the best MMO as well as other sites, Arcane Legends surely has something to say and show its players. Getting into the game is just easy as 123, no complicated stuffs as of now and the quests are pretty easy to do. There are also different things to do once you finish the quests like: Do elite runs for good drops, play a game of capture the flag and just like with any other MMO, chat with guildmates and other players as well.

2. Simply invite each other to a party which can be found on the game screen once you click their names. Or just type /partyinvite name.

3. Guild charter would cost you 50,000 gold or 50 platinum. It only takes one to create a guild and there is a promotion system as well. As of now the guild system is pretty straightforward- just invite people to join your guild and chat exclusively with them with the command /g and /o for officers.

4. Yes, one located at Ydra Traveller's Outpost and The Freat City of Kraag.

5. Not sure with this one though, I'll let you know soon.

Bless
02-19-2013, 06:16 AM
There is a free app. Search Spacetime Community in the app store :D

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Thanks very much for quick reply Limsyoker.

Where do I go to set up guild for when get,y 50k. Do guilds get perks for doing guild quests etc?

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 06:22 AM
I now have the app as well :-) thanks.

Commanderkeen
02-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Thanks very much for quick reply Limsyoker.

Where do I go to set up guild for when get,y 50k. Do guilds get perks for doing guild quests etc?

If your not already in a guild go to the social sub menu in the menu, click on guild and a option to form one should be there. Currently there are no guild perks or quests at the moment.

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Thanks commanderkeen. I'll have a look now.

The only other question for have for now is, is there a way of knowing what way you're meant to be going for your active quest? I just want things to be as simple as possible for them (and me lol) if not, no big deal.

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 06:45 AM
Ok though of some more lol.

What would be best class's for a beginner? I was thinking I should tanks for them and they can do damage from afar.

Is there raids and dungeons on this game? Where people need to work together to succeed?

Bless
02-19-2013, 06:58 AM
A best class really depends on your playstyle. If you wanna survive longer go with warrior, if you wanna deal damage on a single target and do DOTS go with rogue, for AOE fighting and spells go with mage :D

Most of the maps require teamwork but if you really want a hallenge, go for the elite maps (L20 required)

TheBedtBird
02-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Yea my friend lets his 5 year old brother play it, and last time I checked he was level 10. So yea this game is easy to play, plus very fun

Samhayne
02-19-2013, 12:28 PM
5. Is there a free app for this site? The only one that pops up is £2.99.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Hey Memphis, welcome to the Spacetime Forums!

Regarding accessing the forums on your iPad, you don't really need an app. I use the forums all the time with Safari and it works great. The iOS mobile app is probably better suited for smaller screens. I hope that helps!

Vystirch
02-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Hey Memphis, welcome to the Spacetime Forums!

Regarding accessing the forums on your iPad, you don't really need an app. I use the forums all the time with Safari and it works great. The iOS mobile app is probably better suited for smaller screens. I hope that helps!

Yes the full site works fine on an iPad screen. Just use the forums that way.

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks again guys, and thanks for the warm welcome :-)

A few more questions lol.

I there a stash very early on, as in the first town at level 1? My sons rolled a warrior so I was going to go Mage. The "trade" option is greyed out even when we're standing next to each other and I'm party... I was going to give my son the epic staff I have then get back when I roll Mage.. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Samhayne
02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks again guys, and thanks for the warm welcome :-)

A few more questions lol.

I there a stash very early on, as in the first town at level 1? My sons rolled a warrior so I was going to go Mage. The "trade" option is greyed out even when we're standing next to each other and I'm party... I was going to give my son the epic staff I have then get back when I roll Mage.. Any help would be great. Thanks.

The ability to trade is unlocked at level 5.

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks. Sorry for being a little impatient.. Just got excited for playing this, but couldn't play it as had things to do.

Anyway, we started playing. Got to level 6, were really into it and the servers have went down. Just my luck! I'll see if they're back up later.

Vystirch
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks. Sorry for being a little impatient.. Just got excited for playing this, but couldn't play it as had things to do.

Anyway, we started playing. Got to level 6, were really into it and the servers have went down. Just my luck! I'll see if they're back up later.

They should be back up, it was just for a small update to remove Big and Little Love vanities as well as Double xp.

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah they were. We've been on all night lol. They love it. With me being the Mage I've died a few times just before the final blow for a boss... Will that boss respawn so I can get achievement.. I'm assuming so.

We're level 9-10 doing level 14 area. Looking at the map we have done around 60% ... Is this game quite small?

Zaonabiuibil
02-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Yeah they were. We've been on all night lol. They love it. With me being the Mage I've died a few times just before the final blow for a boss... Will that boss respawn so I can get achievement.. I'm assuming so.

We're level 9-10 doing level 14 area. Looking at the map we have done around 60% ... Is this game quite small?

Yes bosses respawn each time you make a new game.

The game is newer, so for now it isn't massive, but the Kraken Isles campaign is coming, so it'll be expanding soon.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Memphis12
02-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes bosses respawn each time you make a new game.

The game is newer, so for now it isn't massive, but the Kraken Isles campaign is coming, so it'll be expanding soon.

-------------------

When I start a new game? So I can't beat that boss again with this char? :-(

Do you know what the level cap is? And what there is to do once that is hit? Any end game content?

This game is exactly what I was looking for so hoping it can last a while.

Zaonabiuibil
02-19-2013, 06:52 PM
When I start a new game? So I can't beat that boss again with this char? :-(

Do you know what the level cap is? And what there is to do once that is hit? Any end game content?

This game is exactly what I was looking for so hoping it can last a while.

Game as in the map, just tap the map and remake the level. It's unlimited, just once per run.

Current is lv21, lv26 cap is REALLY SOON though. There is pvp, trying to beat the elite maps, etc.

It gets regular updates, you won't tire of it quickly.

-------------------

McBain
02-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Just so you know, if for whatever reason you get bored with Arcane Legends or otherwise are looking for something similar, there are other Legends titles to check out: Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends. They're all basically similar in terms of gameplay, but the mechanics of each one (gear, stats, and skills) are somewhat unique to each one. Pocket Legends was the first of these games, and is still the king in terms of content. Currently in PL, there are 5 character classes you can choose from, and content up to a level cap of 76 (soon to be 81). It's a little more complex, so the kids might not find it as straightforward, but it's well worth checking out if you like AL.

Memphis12
02-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Just so you know, if for whatever reason you get bored with Arcane Legends or otherwise are looking for something similar, there are other Legends titles to check out: Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends. They're all basically similar in terms of gameplay, but the mechanics of each one (gear, stats, and skills) are somewhat unique to each one. Pocket Legends was the first of these games, and is still the king in terms of content. Currently in PL, there are 5 character classes you can choose from, and content up to a level cap of 76 (soon to be 81). It's a little more complex, so the kids might not find it as straightforward, but it's well worth checking out if you like AL.

Thanks. Sounds good. I've posted some questions on the Pocket Legends forum here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87264-Been-told-this-is-the-king-of-the-pocket-games-)-a-few-questions-pls&p=975969#post975969 if you can help with any of the questions, that would be great. Thanks.

McBain
02-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Right on. I just saw your thread there!

Chaokaban
02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
When is the actual date of the kraken isle update?