PDA

View Full Version : Tweak your gear?

Trollpackan
09-28-2010, 07:24 AM
This is a COMPLETLEY new idea which has never before been a part of any game what so ever...

How about the ability to tweak "standard" weapons, armors and so on with for instance gems and stones that posess certain abilities? Bloodstones, moonstones, rubys call them what you want.

Let's look at weapons for example.
There could be different types of weapons. Keep the once that are allready in the game and add slots to standard weapons, like 1-5 slots or something. In these slots you can place gems that you find and buy around the world, and they give your weapons special abilities, and if you combine the right ones it will be even more powerful? Which ones to combine would of course be a secret (for a while.. ;)).

After you've created your own weapon it cannot be changed, so if you sell it, it would still look the same.

This would give the gears an even more interesting part of the game.

What do you think?

KingFu
09-28-2010, 07:33 AM
This is very similar to what has been suggested before so I don't think it's fair to say it's "COMPLETELY" new, I like the idea, but I don't think the games ready for it......yet.

Trollpackan
09-28-2010, 07:52 AM
This is very similar to what has been suggested before so I don't think it's fair to say it's "COMPLETELY" new, I like the idea, but I don't think the games ready for it......yet.

Hehe, sorry I forgot to add a ;) after that sentence...I'm referring to it beeing used in another game which I can't remember the name of. I wasn't sure if it had been suggested before, but if it has I rest my case. I'll just wait for it to appear in the game. But as you say, it may be a little bit too soon for this. But in the future I think it would be a really good update.

Xviperr
09-28-2010, 10:14 AM
seen this, "infuse" idea in other computer mmorpg.

but i do agree to what TS says. eg, fire stone, lighting stone, attack+, defense+
having some slots on different weapon could add a new variety to a whole new level.

eg: Zuraz Shock Lance (currently everyone has the same)
with the above suggestion, perhaps 2or3 slots in the weapon.
we might just see +3attack Zuraz shock lance
or even a mixture of different orbs and jewel infused variety of Zuraz Shock(:

Tavore
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
This is actually in one of the best games ever called monster hunter :) good idea though

Trollpackan
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Now I remember where I saw this...it's in some game called qoq or eoe or something...sos? It's kinda old and I don't think there are so many players anymore...

But I'm glad that you like the idea, I would love to get this into PL! :D

vulgarstrike
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
pl hasn't even hit the level cap. tis stuff is lightyears away

Royce
09-28-2010, 03:33 PM
pl hasn't even hit the level cap.

We've had plenty of level caps :D Plus, they have it planned to level 100 but say they won't stop there, so who's to say there will ever be some ultimate cap? But yeah, this is very similar to several suggestions that have already been posted...

Elffy
09-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Diablo also incorporated a rune word system that runes had to be combined in a certain way to gain extra abilities

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 01:22 AM
I now understand that it has been posted before, but as a new player I haven't read through ALL other suggestions so I'm sorry if this has come up before. It would be nice if someone had the time to put together a list of all suggestions posted so that new players can look there and see what's been posted before.