PDA

View Full Version : Balefort 1024 quest

Rextab
09-28-2010, 07:25 AM
I am already level 25 and completed the crypts and am working on the frozen campaign, but I was wondering if the weapon in the Balefort area where you have to get 1024 of those treasures is worth doing? If I recall correctly you get a purple or a pink for completing it, but I can't remember how good it was. is this quest worth doing other than just for the sake of completing it? it takes forever to do. i've ran that place a ton and am only up to 300+.
if it helps the melee weapon is the one i'm interested in.

Snakespeare
09-28-2010, 09:36 AM
When you run this place, stick to maps 4 and 5. Brom Dandy has pinks. Or use map 3 if all you want is chests, with no chance for a pink to drop.

Reward pinks are slightly inferior to pinks that drop. For instance, the dark bolt blaster of mastery is ok, but the dreamer's dark bolt blaster is far better. But for birds, I do think that pink is pretty good. The sword is not as good as the gleaming cutlass.

I've done the quest on two characters and have had 7 pinks drop in addition to the rewards.

Duke
09-28-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't think the quest reward is "worth it" at all. I finished the quest just for the sake of finishing it, not for the reward.

Rextab
09-28-2010, 11:50 AM
k thanks. i just couldnt remember the stats on it (really wish you could view quest rewards in the log). i was just wondering if i had outleveled it's usefulness. right now i am going back and forth between a level 25 2H sword and a level 25 1H sword, both greens i think. it just depends on my mood and role. i have a few purples(blues) for level 30 and assorted orange/greens between 25 and 30. too bad the purples aren't items i tend to like (1H maces and axes). i guess i'll just do it sparingly and run floors 4 and 5 as snakespeare suggested.

Snakespeare
09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
If you can get a dreamer's darkbolt or sniper's autocrossbow or gleaming cutlass to drop, you can sell them to people for their PvP twinks. But if all you want is to farm those, Zyla Doom drops them at a faster rate.

Warchanter
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
One of the items I chose was platinum sword of legend pink. Stats 22-26dmg .5 speed 7str 2h/s. It looks like a machete. The others I think are platinum staff and crossbow. Stats idk