PDA

View Full Version : Ribbit or Colton?

Caiahar
02-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Ive been thinking, which pet gives more critical and is better for sorcerer, Ribbit or Colton?

stonerzone
02-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Colton

jb57542
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Ive been thinking, which pet gives more critical and is better for sorcerer, Ribbit or Colton?

I personally like Colton better for sorcerer. Colton gives u best overall damage and crit buff last 6 secs (2 lighting shots) and buffs team crit. I know some who have tried using ribbit and it doesn't work out well for them because your are missing out on 12 extra DMG from extra Int and 10% DMG increase. The sacrifices u make to get you're one light crit isn't worth it.

Lesmiserables
02-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Colton !!

Genuinous
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
I suggest you get both, see which one matches your play style more :)

shorter and stronger crit vs longer and weaker
hp buff vs int buff
crit vs dmg buff
you vs group buff
cheap vs expensive

Some players will choose colton and some will go with ribbit, but it is really up to you in the end. Whichever you're more successful with :)

drgrimmy
02-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I think Colton is better, but you have to keep in mind that the aoe of Colton's arcane crit buff
is extremely small and you will almost never be in range to receive the buff if you fighting your
enemy at range. The aoe of ribbit's arcane crit buff is much much larger. Nevertheless, I think
the passive int and damage buff of Colton will help you much more than crit from either of the
pets.

Caiahar
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
I know Colton's is better, but bad range, and I will most of the time be attacking from a range, while Colton is up close. Ribbits crit is weaker, but his range is high.

Gameplay
02-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Than keep colton close to you wen attacking

Cero
02-19-2013, 09:37 PM
colton.
even though it gives out 15% crit the overall dmg is with lightning is up to 1k/+.
ribbit
700+ overall dmg.

(this is in my own experience.)

Caiahar
02-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Than keep colton close to you wen attacking

How can Colton be close to me when he's off attacking?

gundamsone
02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Personally i'd go horton
Pet with the highest base dodge bonus and the spec gives you 15 int.

Nvm go with colton it's the best

Caiahar
02-19-2013, 09:47 PM
People seem to say Colton is the best. I would agree myself, but what's the use of having crit when you can't use it? But ribbits is weaker, but ill be able to use it even at long range.

Lady_Pebbles
02-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I have both and prefer one for PvE, the other for PvP...

- On my Mage -

PvE: Colton... Nice crits, nice dmg, great for runs.

PvP: Ribbit.... +25str (more hp, helps my toon live longer). Huge crits for 4s. Yeah small window but when used with the right build and at the right time,HUUUUUUUUGE dmg boost.

-On my Twink Tank & capped Rogue -

Plan on getting Ribbit or maybe even Colton on twink & might also get Colton on Rogue; both for the high crits, additional hp and/or additional INT. :)

drgrimmy
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Don't forget about the passive attacks of these pets. Ask any warrior who has tried to
run down/solo a sorcerer with Colton and I am sure that they will tell you that the stun
of Colton is very effective.

Lady_Pebbles
02-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Don't forget about the passive attacks of these pets. Ask any warrior who has tried to
run down/solo a sorcerer with Colton and I am sure that they will tell you that the stun
of Colton is very effective.
My Colton must hate me then cuz when I tried it in PvP the damn thing wouldn't stun my opponents and I get killed faster lol.

McBain
02-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Colton is also super expensive and/or takes a minimum of 40 days to get with story tokens, so there's definitely a trade-off there.

LwMark
02-20-2013, 01:03 AM
Question

Colton is bought with story tokens

When u collect story coins, are story coins collected together on one account or say u collect 2 tokens on ur warrior will u have 2 in your rogues sachel?

TheStoic
02-20-2013, 01:24 AM
Question

Colton is bought with story tokens

When u collect story coins, are story coins collected together on one account or say u collect 2 tokens on ur warrior will u have 2 in your rogues sachel?

Story tokens are not shared among your toons, assuming you have all 3 classes. Each class will get the tokens they each earn, no accumulation and currently, it cannot be stashed.

Jessicazx
02-20-2013, 04:40 AM
I guess i might say it as well... COLTON!!!

Zaonabiuibil
02-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Gonna beat the dead horse here and say Colton.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Cero
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM
to keep colton near you, when you're about to engage the enemy...
-make a stop, colton will gain the distance
- step back a bit and get near to colton,

when enemy is already infront making a surprise attack.
- dont hesitate to cast skills colton will go and attack the enemy. and when it's near use its arcane anility.

Add: this might be a very handy tip.

you can SKIP Arcane cooldown by Dismissing& summoning pet.
i use loki(others meep, and dauphin) to heal me for i dont have heals in my build.
Use pet with mana heal arcane ability if you need mana.

Bless
02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
I suggest you get both, see which one matches your play style more :)

shorter and stronger crit vs longer and weaker
hp buff vs int buff
crit vs dmg buff
you vs group buff
cheap vs expensive

Some players will choose colton and some will go with ribbit, but it is really up to you in the end. Whichever you're more successful with :) hehe.

On topic: Colton :o

Genuinous
02-20-2013, 09:21 PM
hehe.

On topic: Colton :o

Oh you dirty minded... :D

I'm still using ribbit though and I like it. Yes colton might be better, but I cant level it up to 15, cos I would lose my 1 hour combo lix (still saved from before the lix change update) :D

McBain
02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
I cant level it up to 15, cos I would lose my 1 hour combo lix (still saved from before the lix change update) :D

The update didn't only affect new elixirs. I also had elixirs saved from before the update and they all went away.

Genuinous
02-20-2013, 09:31 PM
The update didn't only affect new elixirs. I also had elixirs saved from before the update and they all went away.

Guess I'm lucky then :) I'll take all the screenies you want if you're interested :P