PDA

View Full Version : Guide to making your warrior a PvP one shot one kill machine

blakadder
02-19-2013, 08:31 PM
This thread is invalidated with the fixes implemented in the 03-12-2013 update. This build no longer works!!!

Since the developers said there is nothing wrong with the windmill glitch I will be kind enough to share it with interested warriors.

!!! BEWARE !!!!

You may crit up to 5 players for over 2000 dmg with a single tapp of your whirlwind skill.

The recipe is easy, respec your warrior to include the following skills:

Windmill with cripple improvement. Max out your crits and voila!

Remember! When using the whirlwind skill just tap it to unleash your full power!!!

EDIT: Some people warned me this post sounds sarcastic. I apologize, that was not my intention at all. This is legitimate information and here are the screenshots to prove it

As you can see, dmg dealt from a windmill exceeds 1k dmg even without a crit.

wolfkult
02-19-2013, 08:38 PM
I realize you're just trolling but it's not really a "glitch", any attack can crit. It just so happens that warriors have a couple ways to really up their crit chance (ribbit and vorpal/darkwatch proc). Whirlwind just hits multiple targets multiple times so if you had that 100% crit buff up (vorpal) you're going to destroy a clump of people. Not any worse than rogue's one shotting people at range or sorcs, um, what do sorcs do again? :)

Heiki
02-19-2013, 11:00 PM
You mean the crit passives ? That definitely needs fixing. Tired of people whining on glitching warriors.

Destructible
02-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Since the developers said there is nothing wrong with the windmill glitch

And how do you know more than the devs again?

crestmage
02-20-2013, 02:09 AM
And how do you know more than the devs again?

I agree. There is no bug to Windmill. Stop complaining about it. Warriors crit a lot, accept it.

blakadder
02-20-2013, 02:24 AM
@Destructible: I do not know more than the devs. I was merely stating the fact that they officially stated the fact that Windmill works as intended.

@wolfkult and @crestmage: I'm not complaining or trolling, just sharing the build with the rest of the community

Cero
02-20-2013, 02:36 AM
you hate it but you shared it.
seems you want to get it known so devs would realy make a hard note on it:)

Heiki
02-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Guys windmill is not intended to crit for thousands of damage points. If it's upward then it's not working as intended and something's wrong in the Matrix.

blakadder
02-20-2013, 03:40 AM

power to the people bro!

aBenji
02-20-2013, 03:46 AM
power to the people bro!

There is no glitch on windmill :P Cant wait to get home from work today blak and play some AL hehe. its abenji incase you didint guess

Genuinous
02-20-2013, 04:18 AM
I suggest you all try it and enjoy the huge crits as a result. I'm half tempted to respec my war and take some screenies for the doubtful :)

ishyrionek
02-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Trolololololo....
Stop crying so loud!!!
Make warrior instead, and u will see all depend from enemys and party...
I really got problems with GOD rogues and wizs... Run from they ground.. Fair fight is 50/50...
So stop crying omg!

blakadder
02-20-2013, 05:45 AM
Trolololololo....
Stop crying so loud!!!
Make warrior instead, and u will see all depend from enemys and party...
I really got problems with GOD rogues and wizs... Run from they ground.. Fair fight is 50/50...
So stop crying omg!

i dont see any crying here? just information being shared...

There is no glitch on windmill :P Cant wait to get home from work today blak and play some AL hehe. its abenji incase you didint guess

i already states devs said its not a glitch its the way windmill is intended to work.

and i know its you :D love your sig man! awesome stuff!

ishyrionek
02-20-2013, 08:03 AM
1. What charracters and what lvls u got in game? Cause i still thinking u are crying. Give ss what u mean.
2. Vengfull crit buff is worse than passiv cits? I dont really understand what u meAn. 5 targets with windmill?
3. Give some ss, or stop trolling.

blakadder
02-20-2013, 09:11 AM
1. What charracters and what lvls u got in game? Cause i still thinking u are crying. Give ss what u mean.
2. Vengfull crit buff is worse than passiv cits? I dont really understand what u meAn. 5 targets with windmill?
3. Give some ss, or stop trolling.

1. Please quote the part of my post that implies crying!
2. i never mentioned vengeful crit buff i just said max out your crits
3. it is difficult to ss a 1s1k unless you screenshot it from the warrior account

Genuinous
02-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow, who is that mighty warrior on the pics?

As you can see you don't need super pro gear or high stats to achieve such results.

ishyrionek
02-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Anyone other confirm?
Cause it can be too cause:
1. Rogue noob lov def, or just vanity items, for screens for trolololo topic xd
2. Somethink is wrong with swords ( i see dark on screens) , that they balanced chances for buff in last 2 patches. Like: it buff your dmg by 100% like it say, then this dmg would be right.

Genuinous
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
I can do the same dmg on you if you want, add me in game :)

At any rate blak is no noob lol, was on normal pvp gear. There is no demonlord vanity gear...
The sword is just a simple dark watch sword of potency.

Nonetheless anyone else is up for confirmation, feel free :)
Remember: 5 crit, only snare on windmill and then vb, ribbit crit and windmill slaughter...

blakadder
02-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Anyone other confirm?
Cause it can be too cause:
1. Rogue noob lov def, or just vanity items, for screens for trolololo topic xd
2. Somethink is wrong with swords ( i see dark on screens) , that they balanced chances for buff in last 2 patches. Like: it buff your dmg by 100% like it say, then this dmg would be right.

1, yup definitely a noob rogue, just started with crappy gear and bought the demonlord vanity from a special hidden store
2. definitely we got some weird swords. my bad. should've used a different weapon but i couldnt anticipate such scepticism.
3. yeah three... you forgot to add that i simply photoshopped those numbers to troll further! right? it must be photoshop?

or....

4. the described skillset works and you can replicate the results with ease

ishyrionek
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
I meant in 2, that if devs told that with windmill everythink is ok, then mb balance made on last patches to dark watch sword and vorpal, buggy some way. Like its give crit 100% more dmg like it says? Dunno then why with so ridicolous build. You need maybe vb 25%+ ribbit 7+40% passiv 5% ... Over 77% lol. Cause in some way it looks like dark watch hiden crits * charracter crits.

And yes, im scepticity, cause such dmg is kinda ... Omg, wtf ... Should i respec ? Or play fair? Or is it fair if devs told all is ok... Then why pit drop from banded elite, and not crit buff swords... Ehhh... Ridicolous...

I wish that Sam would come, and tell what, how, and when...

blakadder
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Just respec... No point in playing fair if its already said the windmill works as intended

ishyrionek
02-20-2013, 07:06 PM
But if i read ok, i should take only snare effect... So upg on dmg make windmill so way smaller dmg? Wtf :-D

Energizeric
02-20-2013, 07:42 PM
I guess this is why warriors always kill me in 2 seconds. Well, whatever the exact reason is, now when I see more than one warrior on the opposing team I leave the game and join another game. Sometimes it can take quite some time to find a game with 1 or fewer warriors on the opposing team, but if I want to keep my K/D ratio positive, then that's the only way for me. Rogues and other Sorcerers can rarely beat me. :)

Irons<Xerred Demm>
02-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Couldn't duplicate, put 5 in passive crit, windmill with cripple only, heal and skyward smash. Charged VB, activated rib's arcane ability and spammed windmill. Got tons of crits, but regular damage range - nothing close to 1k.

Ruejade
02-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Well, I hope devs look into this ASAP. Fix the glitch and warriors are quite balanced.

bluotaku
02-20-2013, 10:30 PM
This is crazy! It even works in PVE! Or is it my imagination?

storrm
02-20-2013, 11:19 PM
it ruins everything lol

razerfingers
02-20-2013, 11:29 PM
my thoughs is if they nerf windmill then whats the point of the skill in pve aswell?

Ravager
02-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Since the developers said there is nothing wrong with the windmill glitch I will be kind enough to share it with interested warriors.

!!! BEWARE !!!!

You may crit up to 5 players for over 2000 dmg with a single tapp of your whirlwind skill.

The recipe is easy, respec your warrior to include the following skills:

Windmill with cripple improvement. Max out your crits and voila!

Remember! When using the whirlwind skill just tap it to unleash your full power!!!

EDIT: Some people warned me this post sounds sarcastic. I apologize, that was not my intention at all. This is legitimate information and here are the screenshots to prove it

As you can see, dmg dealt from a windmill exceeds 1k dmg even without a crit.

Thank you blakadder and geniunous for this useful post. You gave devs the exact actual method on how to replicate this. Blakadder is not a noob and is a regular in pvp with near max if not max gear. I have never seen my own windmill damage go up that high. Usually windmill will be around 200-250 without crits and about 400ish on critical (per hit hit with vengeful blood on)

pilon
02-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Anyone other confirm?
Rogue noob lov def.

I will remember that next time u will kill me snake.

Pan

Ravager
02-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Couldn't duplicate, put 5 in passive crit, windmill with cripple only, heal and skyward smash. Charged VB, activated rib's arcane ability and spammed windmill. Got tons of crits, but regular damage range - nothing close to 1k.
What is your weapon?

Spicy1
02-21-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm calling this as a fake. Anyone else notice in one of the screenies aimed shot has just went on cooldown. Those over 1k dmg you see on screenies are from his own aimed shot, not from warriors windmill. Biggest crit overall ive seen on my warr is ~600, windmill crit around ~400. Just sad if someone really respecced due to this.. And another thing. Notice that both warrior and blakadder are from same guild.. :) Yup, trolling attempt.

pilon
02-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Notice that both warrior and blakadder are from same guild.. :) Yup, trolling attempt.

Lol are you really serious ? Of course they are from same guild, it's a test session to ss how this glitch works...

blakadder
02-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Lol are you really serious ? Of course they are from same guild, it's a test session to ss how this glitch works...

/sarcasm on

No it is true! This is all an elaborate tolling attempt that includes my entire guild and many other players just so we can put up this thread and troll people. That is my aim shot in the screenie. I also fire aimshots when dead in the last screen and my rogue deals 1k+ dmg without crits regularly. Some photoshopping and black magic was involved aswell.

or you can just msg some of the warriors and try it out yourself??? would that convince you? or do i need to come to your home personally and demonstrate it? maybe a tastefully produced video with an original soundtrack would be preferable?

/sarcasm off

oh look, a person that is not in my guild!!!! WTF!!!?!?!?!?! THATS IMPOSSIBLE!

/sorry sarcasm mode was still turned on

sigh...

notice how i killed myself with my own aimshot for 1,2k dmg? amazing right?

Genuinous
02-21-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm calling this as a fake. Anyone else notice in one of the screenies aimed shot has just went on cooldown. Those over 1k dmg you see on screenies are from his own aimed shot, not from warriors windmill. Biggest crit overall ive seen on my warr is ~600, windmill crit around ~400. Just sad if someone really respecced due to this.. And another thing. Notice that both warrior and blakadder are from same guild.. :) Yup, trolling attempt.

Lol... if this is a joke a good one :) otherwise it saddens me that you are so narrow minded :(

Taxxor
02-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Tried this only works in pvp..not in pve

Spicy1
02-21-2013, 10:29 AM
/sarcasm on

No it is true! This is all an elaborate tolling attempt that includes my entire guild and many other players just so we can put up this thread and troll people. That is my aim shot in the screenie. I also fire aimshots when dead in the last screen and my rogue deals 1k+ dmg without crits regularly. Some photoshopping and black magic was involved aswell.

or you can just msg some of the warriors and try it out yourself??? would that convince you? or do i need to come to your home personally and demonstrate it? maybe a tastefully produced video with an original soundtrack would be preferable?

/sarcasm off

oh look, a person that is not in my guild!!!! WTF!!!?!?!?!?! THATS IMPOSSIBLE!

/sorry sarcasm mode was still turned on

sigh...

notice how i killed myself with my own aimshot for 1,2k dmg? amazing right?

You know, ive fired many aimed shots at the moment i die.. Not so hard. Video would be nice proof. You just stand there with no pet out so we can only see windmill dmg. Also lol txassasin was in the first screenies so this still doesnt assure me. And not joking. One wierd glitch if it works with only certain build and weapon doesnt matter.. Anyhow waiting some dev confirmation on this.

EDIT: My apologies, you were right, had to test it out myself on my own warr. Hope they fix this asap. No fun to pvp with warr. Curious about one thing though. Who and how did find this out?

blakadder
02-21-2013, 10:53 AM
You know, ive fired many aimed shots at the moment i die.. Not so hard. Video would be nice proof. You just stand there with no pet out so we can only see windmill dmg. Also lol txassasin was in the first screenies so this still doesnt assure me. And not joking. One wierd glitch if it works with only certain build and weapon doesnt matter.. Anyhow waiting some dev confirmation on this.

you dont have to believe. i honestly dont care one bit.

the only thing i care about is that people try it out and inform the developers if they think its a bit too overpowered

Genuinous
02-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Put your makeup on blak, we're filming ;)

Spicy1
02-21-2013, 10:57 AM
you dont have to believe. i honestly dont care one bit.

the only thing i care about is that people try it out and inform the developers if they think its a bit too overpowered

Yup i edited my post. Its not working as it should be.

Irons<Xerred Demm>
02-21-2013, 11:47 AM
What is your weapon?

Dark Watch of Potency, lvl 21

frankexs
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
how about the 1.4k+ dmg WITHOUT crit?

even mages with top atk gears cannot do such huge damage

how come warriors can do that with only around 110dmg?

razerfingers
02-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Lmao its not the windmill thats OP its the dark watch sword and the vorpal yeah they nerfed sorta but still ty for misinforming. If i dont have that sword i cant one shot. Later...

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Genuinous
02-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Lmao its not the windmill thats OP its the dark watch sword and the vorpal yeah they nerfed sorta but still ty for misinforming. If i dont have that sword i cant one shot. Later...

If you look at the screenshot from tx, it's clear that he used the new weapon from the crates (dont know the name). So the problem is not the proc rate, which would only result in 100% crit boost, but the ridiculous damage.

Rare
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM

Sounds like a great way to get the word out.

SouLBlizzard
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Imagine if there are 5 warrior doing the same thing in the same time.DEAD

razerfingers
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
If you look at the screenshot from tx, it's clear that he used the new weapon from the crates (dont know the name). So the problem is not the proc rate, which would only result in 100% crit boost, but the ridiculous damage.

Good for him, stop complaining the devs havent fixed it so just adapt and try to beat them. End of story.

Carapace
02-21-2013, 02:36 PM
This is a nice little gem, we will take a look to make sure it's not breaking any mechanics. The only thing I want to see is if the cool down on spamming tap on this ability is working correctly...

Nutstomper
02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
I've always said warriors needed a buff! 3sec invincibility + bubble + chains to draw them in, then WW to victory. Can we have tournanment 2 today ;)

Highest so far is 1600 DMG non crit, poor Junk xD

Genuinous
02-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Good for him, stop complaining the devs havent fixed it so just adapt and try to beat them. End of story.

Devs didn't fix many bugs, yet we complain about them. Should we accept those too?

This is a nice little gem, we will take a look to make sure it's not breaking any mechanics. The only thing I want to see is if the cool down on spamming tap on this ability is working correctly...

Thank you :)

Spicy1
02-21-2013, 04:12 PM

So are you saying it is working the way it should be? Then what is the reason for dmg increase upgrade on windmill when it actually decreases damage? I believe it is breaking some mechanics lol.

Carapace
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
damage increase is working correctly, and the right amount. Tapping is actually unecessary as windmill on its own ticks damage once cast so spare your fingers the bleeding! The outlier here seems to be the sword proc combined with everything else, which was nerfed a bit to compensate recently. Note that since windmill ticks off like 4 or 5 attacks per cast, each of those ticks has a chance to proc the sword, hence the overload of damage.

Is it working as designed? technically yes, but it's outside of a combination we anticipated. We will keep an eye on it, and if we feel it is out of control we can bring the damage down a bit to level it out. Not just yet though.

Genuinous
02-21-2013, 07:03 PM
A question though: Txassassin on the screenshot clearly uses the new axe and not watch sword/vorpal. The axe does not have dmg proc (dodge). How come that weapon still creates such a great damage boost? I'm sorry for picking on it, but it doesn't make sense to me... I know y'all busy with the update right now, yet this is one of the most annoying things in pvp right now...

blakadder
02-21-2013, 07:03 PM
damage increase is working correctly, and the right amount. Tapping is actually unecessary as windmill on its own ticks damage once cast so spare your fingers the bleeding! The outlier here seems to be the sword proc combined with everything else, which was nerfed a bit to compensate recently. Note that since windmill ticks off like 4 or 5 attacks per cast, each of those ticks has a chance to proc the sword, hence the overload of damage.

Is it working as designed? technically yes, but it's outside of a combination we anticipated. We will keep an eye on it, and if we feel it is out of control we can bring the damage down a bit to level it out. Not just yet though.

by tapping it is meant: Not charging the skill but merely tapping the button once.

Also the damage can be replicated with the new axe which doesnt have the crit proc. All it is needed is Vengeful Blood and Ribbits arcane to successfuly deal over 1k damage with each windmill hit

Mysticaleagle
02-22-2013, 10:24 AM

But you do realise, that a Warrior can 2 shot kill or even 1 shot kill Rogues and Sorcerers? Without even being hurt. Then, they heal again and continue to enjoy their day. That's what it's supposed to be?

TourneAsunder
02-22-2013, 12:50 PM
I think someone is missing the fact that this kind of damage on windmill for such a low skill point cost...is not balanced. I changed my spec long ago after 2shotting a buddy 3500hp warr who just popped a horn with 2sec immune.

Odd thing is I only had maybe 5 or so skill points invested since I was trying to decide my build...it was like a quad AS or something. Pretty sure it was wind/snare, just 1 pass crit, 1 passive str. Really...it's broken even though I had ribb and DWofPot. Guessing I did have a full 5 in veng since I would never go without...so min 9 points.

?...thought it would be fixed so I didn't want to get used to it and swapped for an elite build. How wrong I was...it's intended!

Destructible
02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
I've went into PvP again just recently, and have gotten new opinions on this.

I'm a warrior with 3k+ hp and 800 armor. (unbuffed) An enemy war came at me with windmill, and i died immediately upon contact. A crit of 3500+ damage?

Can't see how this can be an intended mechanism. I've never used this once in my time in pvp (never used snare), and I'm doing just fine with a 3:1 K/D. This definitely should be nerfed as to give other rogues and sorcerers a chance.

Spicy1
02-24-2013, 02:33 AM

You seem to miss the point here. Damage from one windmill tick is absurdly high even without any buffs. I get random 700-1.2k ticks of windmill without vengeful blood buffs or anything. If its working as inteded you should update skill info. It states much lower damage. Btw it doesnt matter what weapon is in use, if you have the right set of skills it works. It is clearly bugged. (I think the snare upgrade on windmill is causing these spikes of damage.)

Sadclown
02-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Thank you for the information, Blak!!!

Heiki
02-28-2013, 11:57 PM

With all due respect, I think you are failing to see the bug. The proc on the sword means 100% crit chance, meaning your WM hits are crits instead, not +100% damage on crit. Nothing indicates windmill could ever reach 1000k + even for crits. That is a bug for sure the screenshots show it is obvious something is off.

Nothing in the war skillsets/buff/stacking/swords procs will ever amount to 1000k plus hits/crits on a lvl 21 toon.

Chaokaban
03-01-2013, 01:33 AM
cool gonna try it out.

digitalbot
03-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Tried this only works in pvp..not in pve

ofcorse i can get that up to 2k (:

Arthas
03-01-2013, 04:22 PM
A question though: Txassassin on the screenshot clearly uses the new axe and not watch sword/vorpal. The axe does not have dmg proc (dodge). How come that weapon still creates such a great damage boost? I'm sorry for picking on it, but it doesn't make sense to me... I know y'all busy with the update right now, yet this is one of the most annoying things in pvp right now...

This is the key question. Captains axe has dodge proc, not crit, so how is this value of dmg achieved???

digitalbot
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
This is the key question. Captains axe has dodge proc, not crit, so how is this value of dmg achieved???

if your talkin about warriors insane crit? yeh i get more on captains sword cause more dmg...

its achieved by useing certain skills and passivs 'as know as a glitch.

not intended.

Arthas
03-01-2013, 04:39 PM
if your talkin about warriors insane crit? yeh i get more on captains sword cause more dmg...

not intended.

But I thought increasing the crit % only means you have more chance of achieving a crit, not that its crit's for more dmg. Am I completely misunderstanding something? I have a dps of around 170 and I dont get crits anywhere near this with windmill.

Arthas
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I tried to replicate and no luck either. 5 in passive crit, 5 in STR, Wind/Snare only, 5 in VB, Captains Axe and Ribbit arcane. No where near this level of crits. I'm hitting around 250-300

digitalbot
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
yes it gives you more of a chance to crit that 1.8
last poster, snare on wind only and as much crit u want.. should work.

Angobs
03-02-2013, 02:49 AM

not intended.

Can someone explain why windmill and snare upgrade only? u mean crit passive?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Fluqx
03-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Definitely gonna try this out! Can someone tell me what to skill exactly? And if i should go full dex or str?

Spicy1
03-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Only skills needed for this glitch to work are: Windmill+snare upgrade. Other skills you can use whatever you prefer. Remember don't charge windmill, just tap and you will get occasionally 600-1200hits. Crits between 1000-2000. Can't see why devs aren't looking into this since it's so obvious it isnt working how it should be.

digitalbot
03-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Only skills needed for this glitch to work are: Windmill+snare upgrade. Other skills you can use whatever you prefer. Remember don't charge windmill, just tap and you will get occasionally 600-1200hits. Crits between 1000-2000. Can't see why devs aren't looking into this since it's so obvious it isnt working how it should be.

because we need it. imagine how weak we would be and not even able to hold aggro how hard the game would fall apart?

Genuinous
03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
because we need it. imagine how weak we would be and not even able to hold aggro how hard the game would fall apart?

Erm no? When in pvp a warriors just one hits you and you're dead, well that's just wrong. Do you really need to have the highest armor, hp and dmg dealt in the game while you try to justify it being balanced? lol...

bluotaku
03-04-2013, 01:04 AM
You don't even need snare for it to work. I don't even think you need the critical upgrade. You just need one point in windmill. Any points in any upgrade besides snare will cancel your uber damage.

digitalbot
03-04-2013, 09:24 AM
You don't even need snare for it to work. I don't even think you need the critical upgrade. You just need one point in windmill. Any points in any upgrade besides snare will cancel your uber damage.

i can confirm you must have Snare only equipped with WM

Genuinous
03-04-2013, 08:17 PM
And this glitch goes on ignored... kudos... :applause:

Primeblades
03-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey blakadder just wondering can you use other pets like meep moop and aspen instead of ribbit and it still work?

wolfkult
03-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I am redacting my "it's not a glitch" comment. I rage respecced last night (you know, the constant 5v2 matches where the team of 5 stick together and rape everyone). The crit ticks up so you have to stay within range and have some sort of crit buff up (each crit is higher than the last). I critted a warrior for 2485, I kid you not. I feel dirty...

Primeblades, pet doesn't matter it just helps to have an extra crit buff. VB + windmill alone will do it but then you have to wait for VB cooldown so w/ ribbit you can put that buff up next.

earhole
03-05-2013, 11:25 AM
And this glitch goes on ignored... kudos... :applause:

This glitch is a money make for STS. You have players respec'ting their warriors just to the glitch, respec'ting it back when they're bored of pvp. You'll also have people buying multiple slots just to create a glitch warrior.

Ravager
03-05-2013, 07:56 PM
For devs and those people having trouble replicating this I will post the exact build I used for my level 26 warrior.

All Str points
5 crit
5 damage
Horn of Renew - All
Vengeful Blood - All
Skyward Smash - Extra damage and stun
Windmill - Cripple

I hope they fix this and the spikes in the lifethief series weapons to balance out pvp more.

For those unaware of the lifethief series spikes:
Anything that says lifethief for rogues as a weapon has major damage spikes. Level 21 Mighty / Agile Life thief can have damage between 100 - 900 (crits will go a lot higher than this). Level 25 is slightly higher. Just mash attack to see. If a rogue is lucky and crits 3-4 normal attacks it can kill a warrior quickly. Depraved blades do not spike and are much weaker because of this.

inkredible
03-06-2013, 02:48 AM
For devs and those people having trouble replicating this I will post the exact build I used for my level 26 warrior.

All Str points
5 crit
5 damage
Horn of Renew - All
Vengeful Blood - All
Skyward Smash - Extra damage and stun
Windmill - Cripple

I hope they fix this and the spikes in the lifethief series weapons to balance out pvp more.

For those unaware of the lifethief series spikes:
Anything that says lifethief for rogues as a weapon has major damage spikes. Level 21 Mighty / Agile Life thief can have damage between 100 - 900 (crits will go a lot higher than this). Level 25 is slightly higher. Just mash attack to see. If a rogue is lucky and crits 3-4 normal attacks it can kill a warrior quickly. Depraved blades do not spike and are much weaker because of this.

This is not the only build that does it.. i did what u told me, ya it worked
but theres other build where cripple doesnt even involve.. still does the same damage.. and seen 3388 crit today from me and 4300 from a friend..
this is ridiculous - fix this

Bless
03-06-2013, 03:07 AM
Wth why would someone share this glitch...yes it is a glitch.

Ravager
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
This is not the only build that does it.. i did what u told me, ya it worked
but theres other build where cripple doesnt even involve.. still does the same damage.. and seen 3388 crit today from me and 4300 from a friend..
this is ridiculous - fix this

Yeah I know there are multiple builds but for some that have trouble replicating it (devs or players) I posted my build. I still hope they fix those 2 glitches after replicating them.

Ravager
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Wth why would someone share this glitch...yes it is a glitch.

In hopes of getting it fixed.

blakadder
03-06-2013, 09:54 AM
In hopes of getting it fixed.

Exactly! Some of us would like the PvP arena to be fair play and proper test of individual skills (and teamwork too).

Please STS fix those issues so we can test our skills in a proper way! And your balancing of PvP is a moot point until those dmg spike glitches are fixed!

Arthas
03-07-2013, 09:56 AM
You do realise that there are rogues who have the same armor as us warriors yet like 100 dps more right? How is that fair?

I saw a rogue today who had 900 armor. I mean seriously, then you wanna nerf the warrior?

Azepeiete
03-07-2013, 10:31 AM
You do realise that there are rogues who have the same armor as us warriors yet like 100 dps more right? How is that fair?

I saw a rogue today who had 900 armor. I mean seriously, then you wanna nerf the warrior?

Well you could very easily have over 1000 armor, and you have a better heal, more health to start with, and now even equal hits with windmill. So yeah, warriors still kinda should be nerfed.

yoho
03-07-2013, 10:41 AM

Warrior has twice as more hp of rogue (4000 vs 2000), almost same damage as rogue, and !!
- war. weapons' crit proc almost overcomes rogue's default high crit percentage
- rogue with bow has not mush more dps than warrior has, and using daggers (with high dps) you should fight AS MELEE warrior, not having nor good armor, no hp, no stun, and no instant heal ability.

Plus windmill 'feature' with +3.5k crits, plus 2sec invulnerability shield for all the team..

Yeah, warriors need same DPS as rogues and ability to fight with double vorpals

yoho
03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Ah, I forgot the range of warrior's skills, they should be increased to all map

Sibayjing
03-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I thought this was a fact but I have try this configuration Windmill unlocked with snare.
So windmill without crit is just awesome, we can multiplicate damage x2 or x3 (more that skill bar indicate) and not talking about critical.

For example In pvp, I can beat 2 rogues with good stuffs in 1 wm. So If It'snt a glitch, what is it?

I hope to earn 5 platinium for respect when this bug is fixed :D

inkredible
03-08-2013, 12:42 AM
all i can say is.. that 1k+ crits id deff useful in pve LOL.
i guess what they can do is just nerf when coming in PVP and leave pve as it is LOL

HumbleSage
03-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I've tried to replicate this with my warrior and I can't get it to work in PvE and I have tried all different methods of activation... Ribbit etc.. Has this been adjusted already? Considering the unbalance in the elite maps for walk-alones this would be very useful and I wouldn't consider such a thing a 'glitch'.

bluotaku
03-09-2013, 03:06 PM
I've tried to replicate this with my warrior and I can't get it to work in PvE and I have tried all different methods of activation... Ribbit etc.. Has this been adjusted already? Considering the unbalance in the elite maps for walk-alones this would be very useful and I wouldn't consider such a thing a 'glitch'.

You don't actually need ribbit for it to work. You do need VB active. I haven't tested skills needed with VB (I'm out of plat and too lazy to do trials =P), but just take all 5 upgrades since they're all good anyway. For windmill, I only have one point in it. I don't even have the snare upgrade, and it is still working for me although others have said it's not working for them without snare (I don't know why). You can't put points in any other windmill upgrade besides snare or it won't work.

wolfkult
03-09-2013, 05:00 PM
I don't think you need the snare but it helps. The bug works (for some reason) only when you get multiple crits from windmill -- each one is higher than the last so the the snare helps keep people within range.

In my experience you can get it with VB and/or ribbit active. The higher your crit chance the better.

inkredible
03-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Exactly! Some of us would like the PvP arena to be fair play and proper test of individual skills (and teamwork too).

Please STS fix those issues so we can test our skills in a proper way! And your balancing of PvP is a moot point until those dmg spike glitches are fixed!

yah in hopes of gettin it fixed, shouldve just told the dev about it rather than the whole forum
now even warriors can't have fun in pvp LOL bec 2-3 warriors with glitch spec, and ur only one warriors in one team,
its just impossible

blakadder
03-11-2013, 05:29 AM
devs were informed but they said windmill works as supposed to so the information went public. power to the people and all that!

Sibayjing
03-11-2013, 08:12 AM
devs were informed but they said windmill works as supposed to so the information went public. power to the people and all that!

Happy end :)

This supposed glitch doesn't work all the time. On Jarl, I can critical ~1500 at best with Windmill but more often It is only 400-700 critical. Without critical, I can just hit 300-400, not to much compared with a rogue. I think warrior need this high criticals for Pve especially in Elite.

Btw windmill need to be in contact and the cooldown is not very fast. After vengeful activation, we have 2 occasions for using a high windmill. Past de 3/4 of vengefull, we lose buffs, starting with 20% crit.
In pvp Rogue and mage can dodge easily this windmill if they don't come in melee.

Urm
11-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Bring this back :P

Ebezaanec
11-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Bring this back :P

You necro'er! :p