PDA

View Full Version : Been told this is the king of the pocket games :-) a few questions pls.

Memphis12
02-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

I currently have a post on Arcane Legends, and by the end of it someone mentioned this game as the stand out pocket game.

Basically me, my 11 year old son and fiancé have iPads and wanted something fun to play at night occasionally. We played all last night on Arcane, got to level 11 and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Unfortunately we cleared around 60% of the map and are half way to level cap.

So, if anyone can help, I would like to ask some quick questions on this game.

1. Is this game (map & time to level up) considerably bigger and longer than Arcane?

2. The guy said that pockets was a bit more advanced.. How so?

3. Is there a better guild system on Pockets? As in guild quests and perks?

4. Is Pockets a little more challenging as we have gotten through the first bit of Arcane better than I thought we would.

5. Is there raids/dungeons that require tactics to succeed and good loot as reward?

That's it for now, but I'm sure ai'll think of more questions once these have been answered lol. Thanks again.

Doodlebeast
02-20-2013, 04:31 AM
1. Yes. Way bigger.
2. Yes. Because its older.
3. Idk.
4. Maybe. Maybe not
5. No raid but dungeons yes.

Oldcoot
02-20-2013, 05:55 AM
Welcome Memphis, I to have a wife and 2 out of 3 kids playing PL. I personally think all spacetime studios games are fun, this one I have the most invested in. PL is the largest and has more content because its the first game sts made. Add me in game and we'll chat more about it, btw, I'm from Clarksville, if u live in Memphis that's a very cool place.

McBain
02-20-2013, 06:52 AM
I think I'm the one who posted about PL in your other thread. Whether or not you find PL to be the stand-out among STS games in terms of the enjoyment factor is gonna come down to personal preference, but definitely it has by far the most content of any of the games, and therefore stands to keep you playing for a longer time. I believe it still has the largest player base of all the games as well. Maybe advanced was the wrong choice of word. I don't think PL is particularly "advanced," as I got into it pretty easily with no prior mmorpg experience, but it is a "deeper" game than AL in certain areas. Some points I can think of offhand include the fact that gear is tied to stats rather than class, which can lead to a variety of build types, such as mages using warrior gear, and bears (which are usually the tanks) using bows and such. Another point is that there are a total of 12 skills (and combo skills!) to utilize rather than 4. Certain combinations of gear in PL can give you stat bonuses. Also, there are at least a few bosses later in the game that are downright challenging and require a certain amount of strategy (some also started out hard and were nerfed). In AL I've found all the bosses to be quite easy, but it's still new and I'm sure that will change as the game evolves further.

When it comes right down to it, though, most things are just differences rather than a case of either being more advanced. For example, PL has pets, but unlike AL they are purely a visual thing. They don't engage in battle or buff your stats. In PL, you can swipe the screen left and right to rotate your view 360 degrees, whereas in AL your viewpoint is fixed. PL doesn't have charged attacks like AL does. In PL, there is a revive skill for mages so that you don't always have to respawn at the beginning of the map if you die. I can could go on, but really I think just try it out and see if it's for you.

Roberto077
02-20-2013, 07:52 AM
1. Is this game (map & time to level up) considerably bigger and longer than Arcane? There are over 76 levels and 20 different areas to explore. Each area has ~5 missions to complete and special items designated for the area. Yes, Pocket Legends is far larger than all the other legends games. Not to mention the 213 quests and ~20,000 APs to get.

2. The guy said that pockets was a bit more advanced.. How so? Pocket Legends also hit % and set bonues making fights different at lower levels. Sadly at high levels dodge, damage, and crit % gets extremely high and PvP is very short and boring.

3. Is there a better guild system on Pockets? As in guild quests and perks? Guilds are the same as in Arcane Legends. You can't make parties the same way though. There is a series of quests that require multiple people though. They're called the Cyber Quests and they are ridiculously difficult.

4. Is Pockets a little more challenging as we have gotten through the first bit of Arcane better than I thought we would.

The game is pretty basic through the first 30 levels but once you get to the ancient swamp, enemies get more armor, dodge, and damage making soloing a slight bit more difficult. At level 71 it takes around 10,000 xp to level up. That's about the same amount of xp for the Arcane Legends level cap. As for the Pocket Legends elite cap, it takes 100,000 xp to reach so expect either lots of runs or lots of elixirs.

5. Is there raids/dungeons that require tactics to succeed and good loot as reward? Most of the dungeons above level 45 take a team to clear better. I personally love Balefort sewers for the equipment and skill it requires to complete with average leveled characters.

Arcane Legends is definitely a very good game, but Pocket Legends has far more things to complete and far more entertainmentto be had. Also, Pocket Legends has a scrolling camera :)

Feel free to ask any more questions. I love answering these types of question :D

Memphis12
02-20-2013, 09:28 AM
1. Is this game (map & time to level up) considerably bigger and longer than Arcane? There are over 76 levels and 20 different areas to explore. Each area has ~5 missions to complete and special items designated for the area. Yes, Pocket Legends is far larger than all the other legends games. Not to mention the 213 quests and ~20,000 APs to get.

2. The guy said that pockets was a bit more advanced.. How so? Pocket Legends also hit % and set bonues making fights different at lower levels. Sadly at high levels dodge, damage, and crit % gets extremely high and PvP is very short and boring.

3. Is there a better guild system on Pockets? As in guild quests and perks? Guilds are the same as in Arcane Legends. You can't make parties the same way though. There is a series of quests that require multiple people though. They're called the Cyber Quests and they are ridiculously difficult.

The game is pretty basic through the first 30 levels but once you get to the ancient swamp, enemies get more armor, dodge, and damage making soloing a slight bit more difficult. At level 71 it takes around 10,000 xp to level up. That's about the same amount of xp for the Arcane Legends level cap. As for the Pocket Legends elite cap, it takes 100,000 xp to reach so expect either lots of runs or lots of elixirs.

5. Is there raids/dungeons that require tactics to succeed and good loot as reward? Most of the dungeons above level 45 take a team to clear better. I personally love Balefort sewers for the equipment and skill it requires to complete with average leveled characters.

Arcane Legends is definitely a very good game, but Pocket Legends has far more things to complete and far more entertainmentto be had. Also, Pocket Legends has a scrolling camera :)

Feel free to ask any more questions. I love answering these types of question :D

Thanks for such detailed answers :-)

We tried Pocket Legends, but found the fact we couldn't for a party a little off putting as we like to co-op everything. Maybe we didn't give it a chance lol. Also, the inventory screen didn't look as user friendly. I think my son and fiancé preferred when the green stats that showed if things were better or not. I think Arcane Legends looks ,ore polished, but lacking the last ability of Pocket Legends maybe.

I know you may not have played it.. (I used to) But how do you compare these games to Order of Chaos?

Roberto077
02-20-2013, 09:49 AM
I played Order & Chaos for 5 minutes before I fell out of large tree and quit :)

In a way you can make a party in Pocket Legends. Go to the map then create game. Add a password so only you and who you want in can join. I suggest using the same password every time just for quick access. Another way is to create a private guild for 20 platinum or 250,000 gold.

For the inventory, they are almost the same exact thing. Just say show stats and the item will show the pros in green and the cons in red. Also, instead of showing just the DPS underneath the weapon you can see the damage.

Pocket Legends takes longer to explore the mechanics but once you figure it out, I'm sure you'll enjoy PL.