PDA

View Full Version : Shadow piercer + Razor Shield comb & Bow skill use for pro PVPers

Excuses
02-20-2013, 02:28 AM
I am LV21 rogue, with Agile lifethief of potency, Watchman's bow of tactics, Red Beard Security and Demonlord will.
using Wrath Jaw, armer is 704, health 1552, dodge 22.37 and DPS is 224.6 with ALP.

First I used AS, RS, SP, CM. +5 Dex
I choose RS for 20% Dodge & AoE skill, and SP for 10% health regen.
AS was a must-have, and I heard CM will help in PVP so I got it.

But the problem is, for in-fight, my rogue dies toooo easy in PVP.

So my question is how you guys deal to be survived with these skills?

I see many PVPers use this combination and kill me, do 10 to 60 kills on one game....
but even RS on, when I use SP to attack, I lose half of my health or dead...
To use RS and ALP, I need to get close, and SP makes me to be next to other team.
Then Warrior's windmill kills me even before I take him down.

What am I missing?
Do I need to increase dodge, health or damage?

So I changed to NOX, AS, SSS, and Trap with bow & same stat.
But it seems I am not making enough damage, because sometimes I have to shot almost 10 AS and SSS to kill one rogue while I got killed in 3 sec.....
takes so long.

I know there is no right and wrong about skill combination, but really need some advises.

Please HELP....

Lesmiserables
02-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Well most the the rouges i see have pretty high dmg and crit rate which really matter in that instance when you fight another rouge , if your crit on AS+SP hits they will almost die instantly ! Pretty much about luck and dmg imo. :)

Gymfreak14
02-20-2013, 02:48 AM
You need more damage/dps.... a max rogue dps with malison is 273.3 you only have 224. Most times if you crit on a charged aim shot you should be able to kill the enemy (if its a rogue/Mage) in mere seconds.

GoodSyntax
02-20-2013, 09:34 AM
I would say that your Crit % is too low. The bulk of Rogue damage comes from critting Aimed Shot (+250% Damage on Crit). If you can get your crit into the low 20% range, you will be golden. Also, keep in mind that Rogues are not tanks, they don't go blow for blow in a mob. Stay back with the Watchers Bow and attack mobs. When in 1v1, charged AS, uncharged Nox, uncharged SP and that will kill most Rogues and Sorcerers.

Warriors are a different story and are very hard to kill 1v1 if they are properly equipped. Two Warriors buffing eachother and coming towards you is death....nothing else to say about that.

Excuses
02-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks for all advises.
I can't afford all equips to increase my dmg and dps, so tried crit part.

I changed my equips to new ship ones that give more crit, and put 5 dex and 5 crit, with horton. Now my crit is 27.97. And I could kill some players in pvp.
But still need more dmg dor quick kill and health to be survived.

Thanks again!!

GoodSyntax
02-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Preferably, you should be equipping Meep-Moop (provides DEX bonus, +8% Crit) and have >120 DMG. Horton is not a very good pet. You should be able to pick up better pets that give you DEX bonuses; +5 DEX is nothing, you should be +15 or +20. IMHO Meep-moop is one of the better Rogue pets because it is all DEX and Crit. Malison is a great overall pet, but not everyone can afford him. Wraithjaw (and to an extent Loki) are decent Rogue pets.

Originally, I specced my Rogue for max crit - had ~32% crit, but was very, very squishy.

I have reduced my crit and settled in for a more robust build that gives me 22% Dodge, 25% Crit when I have a decent pet around (Meep-moop, Wraithjaw, Malison). Maxing crit and forgetting other stat's turns you into a glass cannon. You will hit hard, but will be one-hit killed all the time. You need some survivability stats as well (dodge, armor, hp).

I strongly recommend Agile Ranger Leather of Security (lv 21 is now 10K in AH), which provides the best armor. I also like Watchmans Ring (DEX version), which provides DEX and Armor. Both are relatively inexpensive now.

Excuses
03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Preferably, you should be equipping Meep-Moop (provides DEX bonus, +8% Crit) and have >120 DMG. Horton is not a very good pet. You should be able to pick up better pets that give you DEX bonuses; +5 DEX is nothing, you should be +15 or +20. IMHO Meep-moop is one of the better Rogue pets because it is all DEX and Crit. Malison is a great overall pet, but not everyone can afford him. Wraithjaw (and to an extent Loki) are decent Rogue pets.

Originally, I specced my Rogue for max crit - had ~32% crit, but was very, very squishy.

I have reduced my crit and settled in for a more robust build that gives me 22% Dodge, 25% Crit when I have a decent pet around (Meep-moop, Wraithjaw, Malison). Maxing crit and forgetting other stat's turns you into a glass cannon. You will hit hard, but will be one-hit killed all the time. You need some survivability stats as well (dodge, armor, hp).

I strongly recommend Agile Ranger Leather of Security (lv 21 is now 10K in AH), which provides the best armor. I also like Watchmans Ring (DEX version), which provides DEX and Armor. Both are relatively inexpensive now.

Thanks for the advise.

I use wrathjaw, meep moop and horton (actually horton gives +20dex too..with better health regen.)
Now I am lvl25, with agile heatbreak brutality / agile ranger cloak of stability (couldn't afford leather of security yet..) and horton, I have 25% dmg and crit, 1900 health and 162 dmg/192 dps.

Not great, but doing better.
I can't make real high damage, but in hauntlet, my aimed shot makes 800 -1850 dmg. And I can play better in pvp with that high health cuz I can survive from their first wave of attack...
Now most of ppl like to do more dmg only, so that health really gives me more chance to play better I think.
I might change my skill, but I am enjoying now.

And I feel like they will add more maps and more lvl cap. So decided not to buy so expensive lv26 gears. Feels like wasting now.
But I will definitely try what you suggested.
Thanks.