View Full Version : Quick Chat.

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Would just be really helpful if we had this option, like in all other StS games. A quick chat option.

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Chat Loadouts are needed badly.

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Chat Loadouts are needed badly.

It is indeed. It would definitely make it easier for sales.

Uzii
02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I think i red somewhere its bc for less spam of chat. And telling true thers not so much chat spam as in other games.

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
I think i red somewhere its bc for less spam of chat. And telling true thers not so much chat spam as in other games.

It wouldn't change anything. There's a cool down between chats, and emotes.

Samhayne
02-20-2013, 10:55 AM
When we made Arcane Legends we took a look at how people use quick chat in Pocket Legends. The vast majority of quick chat loadouts are for advertising in town. We also receive a significant number of support tickets complaining about people that spam in town. With that in mind, we opted to not include the quick chat feature in Arcane Legends. If you want to sell your items, we recommend that you make use of the Consignment Shop, rather than spamming town chat.

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 11:27 AM
When we made Arcane Legends we took a look at how people use quick chat in Pocket Legends. The vast majority of quick chat loadouts are for advertising in town. We also receive a significant number of support tickets complaining about people that spam in town. With that in mind, we opted to not include the quick chat feature in Arcane Legends. If you want to sell your items, we recommend that you make use of the Consignment Shop, rather than spamming town chat.

this is what i want to use the chat loadouts for:

As a GM i need something quick to post rules and welcome players to the Guild.
The only way i wouldn't need this is if the Guild got a notice board.

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 11:31 AM

Thanks for letting us know. I understand it now, even if some longer cool down would have done the job.

Samhayne
02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
this is what i want to use the chat loadouts for:

As a GM i need something quick to post rules and welcome players to the Guild.
The only way i wouldn't need this is if the Guild got a notice board.

I understand Vystirch. I didn't want to say that there were no good uses of quick chat; there are. Unfortunately, the bad apple spammers far outweigh those who use quick chat for other things. Of course, we could spend more effort to go after spammers or those who annoy our other users and leave potentially abuseable features like quick chat in. It is a balancing act, as there is always an opportunity cost. While there's good quality of life aspects to such development, if it comes at the cost of other, more universally appealing feature development...

Anyway, I hope that helps you understand our reason to not include Quick Chat in Arcane Legends.

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
I understand Vystirch. I didn't want to say that there were no good uses of quick chat; there are. Unfortunately, the bad apple spammers far outweigh those who use quick chat for other things. Of course, we could spend more effort to go after spammers or those who annoy our other users and leave potentially abuseable features like quick chat in. It is a balancing act, as there is always an opportunity cost. While there's good quality of life aspects to such development, if it comes at the cost of other, more universally appealing feature development...

Anyway, I hope that helps you understand our reason to not include Quick Chat in Arcane Legends.

I understand your reasoning, and it makes perfect sense. So i agree with you on that point. Id just like to see a Guild Notice Board to make my Job easier. Sometimes i find My Job as GM takes so much time i don't have time to meet my own goals as a player. I end up sitting in the Guild Hall just typing message after message. True some of this is alleviated by my officers, but still they get tired of it also.

Just my constructive thoughts,
-Vys

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 11:54 AM

Makes sense. :)

LwMark
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
How about you sell a quick chat option for 50+ plat, most noob spammers would no pay 50 plat to just spam...or would they?!?!?

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 01:58 PM
How about you sell a quick chat option for 50+ plat, most noob spammers would no pay 50 plat to just spam...or would they?!?!?

I'm sure they'd be willing to pay much much more than that to spam!

Lady_Pebbles
02-20-2013, 03:42 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF PVP YES PLEASE!

I miss saying ******[ BASE ]****** and stuff. XD #teamplayerftw

Lady_Pebbles
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Players are STILL copying and pasting to spam in towns. Come on why should we have to suffer cuz of something in another game?! We have an IGNORE feature for a reason. Its about time people use it more often!!!

SkyDagger
02-23-2013, 01:21 AM
I hope u can include it in arcane legends. btw u can put up some mute trigger for spamming. like spamming same words or sentence in 5 times or 3 and when u spam again more than 3 you will be muted for 2 min . it will be great help for stop spamming .. just a opinion :loyal:

Bastok
02-23-2013, 04:38 AM
I agree with the decision to remove quick chat. But like Vys suggested, it would be nice to have that guild notice that pops up when you log in, it changes, or you enter the guild hall. It would also be nice if you could chat lock too. It gets annoying typing /g or /o or /p over and over and over again.