PDA

View Full Version : Trobule with good sorcerer build

Deadroth
02-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Booyah!

Guys i have capped sorcerer...
I have firebal , heal , time , gale , pINT

but... i think its bad build so i want to buy respec.

In alternate skills will be shield , heal , fire , pINT and...
Thats my problem cz i want to take dmg to large groups of mobs (this is Pve build)...

Im wondering about pick time, gale or lightning...

Whats best skill from that above?

Thx for replies :)

Booyah!
Deadroth

X29798
02-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Time for better damage when hold

Energizeric
02-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Frost is the highest damage skill. It does AoE when charged, and has large DoT. I've tried Time and Gale also, and Frost is better. Lightning is good, but it's not AoE, and is only good for bosses (single target).

unknownkj
02-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Drop gale and get ice. Good damage and aoe

Deadroth
02-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Ok i pick Frost, Fire, Shield, Heal and passive INT...

Thank to U guys for help me with skill chose :-)

Booyah!
Deadroth

P.S lightning has also 25proc aoe when charged... But i pick frost =)

Energizeric
02-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Frost is 100% AoE when charged. ;)

Shiny Celebi
02-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Booyah!

Guys i have capped sorcerer...
I have firebal , heal , time , gale , pINT

but... i think its bad build so i want to buy respec.

In alternate skills will be shield , heal , fire , pINT and...
Thats my problem cz i want to take dmg to large groups of mobs (this is Pve build)...

Im wondering about pick time, gale or lightning...

Whats best skill from that above?

Thx for replies :)

Booyah!
Deadroth

firebal , heal , time , gale --> That's exactly my build too :D
About choice between 'time, gale or lightning" i suggest time with "frezzee time". Not talking about damage but about the number enemy time can trap is unlimited (cast time & lure enemy walk into then you can stay in safe place & spam other skill) :D

Bootdaddy
02-24-2013, 01:28 PM

thanks didn't know that

Deadroth
02-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Frost is 100% AoE when charged.

I know :D

firebal , heal , time , gale --> That's exactly my build too
About choice between 'time, gale or lightning" i suggest time with "frezzee time". Not talking about damage but about the number enemy time can trap is unlimited (cast time & lure enemy walk into then you can stay in safe place & spam other skill)

Thx u for that post but i go for frost...
Whatever time don't snares or roots in wt :(

Booyah!

Deadroth
04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Hey!

KK... I didn't want to make new thread ...

I have next problem :( ...

Skill upgrades...

I know i should have: 5%DMG & +25INT <- 10 points from 30 (next expansion :P)

So i have 20 points now

I put: 5/5 Fireball & 5/5 Frost & 4/5 Shield (without knockdown) ... <- (14 points + 10 points) 24 points from 30

The last skill i wanna have is Lifegiver...

So there is a problem... Do the upgrades are useful:

- Increase mana regeneration
- Increase health regeneration

???

I know i must to have upgrade "refilling mana"

So i need to:

- do Lifegiver 2/5 and then go 4 points through +20STR

or

- do Lifegiver 4/5 and then go 2 points through +10STR

Please help :)

Boya!
Dead :)

Meketrefe PW
04-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm a full PvE sorcerer and I got the following build:

Fireball 4/5 (No Scorch)
Frost 4/5 (No Arctic Shatter)
Timeshift 5/5
Lifegiver 3/5 (No Regrowth/Recharge Mana)
Passive INT 5/5
Passive Damage 4/5

Never felt the need to use shield, imo it's more of a PvP skill same as Lightning.

Hope that helps.

Excuses
04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
No need to put more points on lifegiver other than mana recharge. Works just fine.

And if you go pve more time is better than ice. But for pvp ice is much better.

maillard
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
My build is:

Fireball 4/5
Frost 4/5
Time shift 4/5
Shield 3/5

5/5 INT & 5/5 Dex

Just my opinion but if you play elite maps, I think Frost, Time shift & Fireball are all musts. I put 5/5 on dex to get some extra damage/dps & health.

drgrimmy
04-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Just get 2/5 life. The total of 100 health and 50 mana you get over 10 seconds with the other upgrades
means nothing when you are level 26.

JaytB
04-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Personally, I think both lifegiver and shield are a waste of skill slots for 'fast' elite runs. You'd be better off putting those points in a dmg skill.

I'd go for fire, ice, light, time as this gives you the highest dmg output possible for a sorcerer (as calculated with CosmoxKramer's dmg calculator). Arguably Gale seems attractive for the crowd control properties, but it needs to be charged for AoE dmg, has a fairly long cooldown compared to most dmg oriented skills and its crowd control properties aren't all that hot.

At least that's my opinion about it :)

Meketrefe PW
04-04-2013, 12:02 AM
I'd feel very unsafe with that build JaytB lol, not really a fan of pot spamming... and also I like restoring my party's MP and saving lives with Heal, not sure how much faster will Elite runs go with that full damage build, but don't think it's worth sacrificing your healing skill which allows you to solo other maps without the need of potting.

JaytB
04-04-2013, 12:16 AM
I'd feel very unsafe with that build JaytB lol, not really a fan of pot spamming... and also I like restoring my party's MP and saving lives with Heal, not sure how much faster will Elite runs go with that full damage build, but don't think it's worth sacrificing your healing skill which allows you to solo other maps without the need of potting.

I can see your point.

Maybe it's just the people I run with. There isn't a single (non-pvp) mage that I run with who cares about their pots or who uses heal or shield. The only thing they care for is finishing an elite run as quick as possible. Survivability hasn't been an issue with my sorcerer without heal or shield but I do mostly run in teams where people know what they're doing.

As said, I do understand your reasoning, especially if you solo elite maps a lot, but I'm still convinced heal and/or shield are worthless in a decent party :)

Deadroth
04-04-2013, 04:48 AM
KK...

Thanks for that tips :D

But it will hurt my survival ability with giant hammer of death ... LOL

Im still a little blueberrie... I dont forget about it...

I need the Ultimate build... I just need to know that heal "increase mana and heal regen" upgrade is good... :D

If Ya wanna ask for somethin speak freeeeeely :D

Dead :P

P.S. >>

I will go:

Fire (DMG, stun, AOE).................. 5/5
Ice (Controll, Freeze, AOE, DMG).... 5/5

Heal ......................................... 3/5 (heal regen, mana refill,)
Shield (Survival MUST).................. 4/5 (without knockdown)

INT 5/5
DMG 3/5

So thank U all ill go for 3/5 heal :)

... I know u may think im a noob in building :D but i can't imaginate the OFFENSE mage granted AGRO from Elite BloodHammer... Thats quick death... But with shield & Heal he may survive :D

What do U all think about this :D

POST IT HERE :D

ishyrionek
04-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Fire 5, ice 4, shield 4, heal 2, int 5, dex 5, after up dmg 5

hashhashin
04-04-2013, 07:01 AM
heal only gives teammates full mana and health. you get only about 30%.

fire/ice/light/time
int/dmg

*ps. you need to get tier 1 armor, 25k for seal effigy security26, 150k for wrappings of security. You got it good/cheap as mage. If they know you've got fire/ice/light/time they will want you in party guaranteed

hashhashin
04-04-2013, 07:05 AM
you mentioned pve in first post, yet picked shield and heal.

pve = warrior heal + shield

facepalms/

Deadroth
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
@Up

And what?

Am I cow? If i was a cow i can't change my mind but im a sorcerer so i can change it :D

So U all suggest that better is 3/1 skills, 4/0 than 2/2 skills? IDK... I remember i did the Elite SS with offensive sorcerers... All of them died... I stayed alive cause i had shield and heal... When we were fought BH they died... and died... so i think that better is 2/2 setup...

What do U all think about it???

Yes... I know that if u cast time and then throw ice into rooted group of mobs... next charge fireball and gale... The time action time pass... They go out from freeze soon... and go toward u... and KILL...

In 2/2 u charge frost and fire... then frost again... then fire... when they run to u... u just cast shield and lifegiver...

What do u all think about that 3/1, 4/0, 2/2 setups???

Boya!

JaytB
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Elite SS is a nasty place for a mage because there's almost no place to run. When running there, you'd need top gear to not die (effigy/wrappings of security and both lv25 'of brutality' ring/pendant). When your armor is around 650+ and health 2200-2300'ish, you can survive the otherwise one hit kills. It also helps a lot if your tank is good at keeping agro (3 taunts timed well).

The problem with lifegiver and elite runs in general, is that it actually pulls agro towards your squishy mage. If it's casted right after a warrior taunts, you'll have a high probability of drawing agro and dying (unless, again, you have a good tank that tries to taunt after lifegiver, but that would only mess up his 'taunt rhytm'). On top of that, rogues need to spam mana pots to be able to continously use their skills while warriors will burn through health pots. Lifegiver every 10 seconds isn't going to change that.

As for shield, that doesn't help anybody in your party except yourself and is not needed at all if you have decent gear and play as a mage should (nuke from a distance and correct use of skills).

The pure dmg mages that die a lot are usually undergeared or don't really play their classes like they should. First, there's always a tradeoff in health, armor and damage. It's important to find what works for you or what is needed to survive certain bosses (as mentioned in the SS example above). Second, it's important to use your skills right. For example, you mentioned going in with time, which to me is like the worst thing a sorcerer can do. Before dropping time, enemies should be stunned first (I prefer fireball over gale because gale often scatters mobs all over the place). Time also runs out almost exactly when the skill comes out of cooldown, a good mage will stun again at the right moment allowing them to drop another clock with hardly any risk, basically keeping your enemies pinned in one location. This is just one example to try and explain that it's important to time specific skills right.

The point that I'm trying to make is that learning to play your class right and gear it properly, will make you survive well during elite runs without dying all the time and without the need of lifegiver or shield. You'll only help speed up elite runs because you're dealing more dmg.

I have to admit, it took me a while to get used to run without lifegiver at first. Currently I hardly die during elite runs, at least not more than any other class and it feels satisfying to me knowing that I'm dealing the maximum amount of dmg possible :)

Deadroth
04-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Umm i spent my "thx" for today... But tomorrow i need to thank You alot...

I D K... But tell me... Do U r sorcerer in real??? U have a transferring of knowledge gift... Amazing....

U have shown me what good sorcerer is :)

I have one more question to You JaytB... Could u PM me with Ur detailed build :D

P.S. Don't close this thread... There may be similar questions Yknow :)

Rare
04-05-2013, 11:14 AM

Were you kidding or am I missing something?

bluotaku
04-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Were you kidding or am I missing something?

When you charge frost, enemies around you will be frozen,. He's not talking about the 20% chance AoE around the enemy that you hit.

Deadroth
04-05-2013, 12:35 PM
O.O

So... my next calculations :D

I know i know... :D

30 points... - 5 INT
25 points... - 5 DMG
20 points... - 5 Fire
15 points... - 5 Frost
10 points... - 5 Time
5 points... - what???

And we also need space for Passive DEX aren't we???

So how correctly upgrade that skills for good and safely Elites??? :D

"So may u tell me how to eat? :D" JK

Thanks! Reply me please :D

jb57542
04-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Here is my recommendation for a build:

Stats full int

Skills:

4/5 fireball-no scorch (stun and knock down negates this skill by a lot plus frost)
4/5 frost bolt-no artic shatter, ice patch is just a waste
2/5 Lifegiver-keep it simple with mama heal as an add on

Next part varies by PvP or PVE
3/5 Lighting- I add dmg and crit increase (I keep over 16% crit) great skill and can be used in PVE in lue of time, which I do often to save plat
5/5 Time-I use time to haul in massive kills in PVE

Passives:

5/5 Knowledge
5/5 Agility

If u went the lighting path earlier and are lvl 26 you get 2 extra skill points (3 without lighting crit). I personally use this to get extra crit since I'm a crit mage but passive str or DMG is also viable options.

Deadroth
04-06-2013, 05:28 AM
Here is my recommendation for a build:

Stats full int

Skills:

4/5 fireball-no scorch (stun and knock down negates this skill by a lot plus frost)
4/5 frost bolt-no artic shatter, ice patch is just a waste
2/5 Lifegiver-keep it simple with mama heal as an add on

Next part varies by PvP or PVE
3/5 Lighting- I add dmg and crit increase (I keep over 16% crit) great skill and can be used in PVE in lue of time, which I do often to save plat
5/5 Time-I use time to haul in massive kills in PVE

Passives:

5/5 Knowledge
5/5 Agility

If u went the lighting path earlier and are lvl 26 you get 2 extra skill points (3 without lighting crit). I personally use this to get extra crit since I'm a crit mage but passive str or DMG is also viable options.

Oh...

Great post bro!!!

But i have some questions...

1. Fireball - the -25% hit chance is useless on mobs without knockdown (Cool that u told me that :P) but on bosses no???

2. Frost - The ice patch is great for freezing other mobs isn't it?

3. Lifegiver - I have heard that full offensive sorcs do better than other but kk (May u show me the alternative skill for that?)

4. DEX - Do this upgrade is better than DMG upgrade?

5. I prefer time in that cause its better for elites

6. Great build but i suggest u go off from crit... Mages have that stat low for now.. But + to original char :)

Deadroth
04-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Thats all questions for the pve sorcerer:

But i have some questions...

1. Fireball - the -25% hit chance is useless on mobs without knockdown (Cool that u told me that :P) but on bosses no???

2. Frost - The ice patch is great for freezing other mobs isn't it?

3. Lifegiver - I have heard that full offensive sorcs do better than other but kk (May u show me the alternative skill for that?)

4. DEX - Do this upgrade is better than DMG upgrade?

5. I prefer time in that cause its better for elites

6. Great build but i suggest u go off from crit... Mages have that stat low for now.. But + to original char

Besides that questions i have that:

7. What skill is better for elites and pve (higher DMG output in my stats): Gale or Lightning

8. Could u tell me how to distribute the 30 points into that skills : INT, DMG, DEX, Fire, Frost, Time, (Gale or Lightning) ex. 2/5 life (empower)

Please reply :D

jb57542
04-06-2013, 04:44 PM
1. The 25% miss does work on bosses but mages are so squishy we should Kite and avoid hits. Helps a bit with teams but I find I get more bang using my skill point in other places.

2. Chance for ice patch to trigger just doesn't make is worth (20% chance upon kill). If u do the math it maybe 5% chance to process at all. Besides frost bolts charged have quick recovery time and always aoe, this just feels like another point better spent else where.

3. I do 4 offensive spells sometimes and turn myself more blue using manna pots. Only time I do this is when new lvl cap comes out. When this happens I go 5/5 time in it's place.

4. 5% DMG on 200 base DMG is like adding 10 DMG to you're stats. 5 points into agility gives 25 extra Dex which adds almost same dmg increase plus increases health, dodge and crit. The 5% extra DMG might become best with higher lvls meaning extra base DMG but now it's just not worth it.

5. Can't argue with times usefulness with elites. Time just stinks for PvP.

6. Thanks for compliment. I do find my constant 15% plus crit makes it worth it. I think this type of build will become more popular in the future. Check out new bone fatality and tactics armors. They are pretty good stats and helps with the crit issues.

7. I always have preferred lighting over gale. I can spam two lightings in the same time as one charged gale and do much more single target dmg. In addition gale can scatter enemies during longer drawn out fights, which isn't t ideal for you're other aoe skills.

8. My original post covers how to do distribute points. If u have specific questions let me know.

Deadroth
04-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Thats all questions for the pve sorcerer:

Besides that questions i have that:

7. What skill is better for elites and pve (higher DMG output in my stats): Gale or Lightning

8. Could u tell me how to distribute the 30 points into that skills : INT, DMG, DEX, Fire, Frost, Time, (Gale or Lightning) ex. 2/5 life (empower)

Please reply :D

Now i only need answers for 7. & 8. questions :P

jb57542
04-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Now i only need answers for 7. & 8. questions :P

I updated my original post with 7 and 8.

Deadroth
04-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Thank You jb57542 :)

Good job friend :)

If u have question about sorc build post it here \m/ (*?*) \m/ :D

zubionie
04-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Elite SS is a nasty place for a mage because there's almost no place to run. When running there, you'd need top gear to not die (effigy/wrappings of security and both lv25 'of brutality' ring/pendant). When your armor is around 650+ and health 2200-2300'ish, you can survive the otherwise one hit kills. It also helps a lot if your tank is good at keeping agro (3 taunts timed well).

The problem with lifegiver and elite runs in general, is that it actually pulls agro towards your squishy mage. If it's casted right after a warrior taunts, you'll have a high probability of drawing agro and dying (unless, again, you have a good tank that tries to taunt after lifegiver, but that would only mess up his 'taunt rhytm'). On top of that, rogues need to spam mana pots to be able to continously use their skills while warriors will burn through health pots. Lifegiver every 10 seconds isn't going to change that.

As for shield, that doesn't help anybody in your party except yourself and is not needed at all if you have decent gear and play as a mage should (nuke from a distance and correct use of skills).

The pure dmg mages that die a lot are usually undergeared or don't really play their classes like they should. First, there's always a tradeoff in health, armor and damage. It's important to find what works for you or what is needed to survive certain bosses (as mentioned in the SS example above). Second, it's important to use your skills right. For example, you mentioned going in with time, which to me is like the worst thing a sorcerer can do. Before dropping time, enemies should be stunned first (I prefer fireball over gale because gale often scatters mobs all over the place). Time also runs out almost exactly when the skill comes out of cooldown, a good mage will stun again at the right moment allowing them to drop another clock with hardly any risk, basically keeping your enemies pinned in one location. This is just one example to try and explain that it's important to time specific skills right.

The point that I'm trying to make is that learning to play your class right and gear it properly, will make you survive well during elite runs without dying all the time and without the need of lifegiver or shield. You'll only help speed up elite runs because you're dealing more dmg.

I have to admit, it took me a while to get used to run without lifegiver at first. Currently I hardly die during elite runs, at least not more than any other class and it feels satisfying to me knowing that I'm dealing the maximum amount of dmg possible :)

jay, i think your build is best when u're running with ppl that can afford pots regularly.. i've tried that build b4 for quite a long time.. i love it actually.. but later, i find that not all ppl can afford pots, they still rely on sorc's mana heal. we can't blame them.. and we can't always find good elite player pt everytime we gonna do elite.. sometimes random ppl or random guildmates join our pt. and they need our mana heal.. so later on, i drop lightning for lifegiver.. anyway 4 offensive build is kinda waste cs even with 3 offensive, u can still spam ur skill without waiting the cooldown

Deadroth
04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
jay, i think your build is best when u're running with ppl that can afford pots regularly.. i've tried that build b4 for quite a long time.. i love it actually.. but later, i find that not all ppl can afford pots, they still rely on sorc's mana heal. we can't blame them.. and we can't always find good elite player pt everytime we gonna do elite.. sometimes random ppl or random guildmates join our pt. and they need our mana heal.. so later on, i drop lightning for lifegiver.. anyway 4 offensive build is kinda waste cs even with 3 offensive, u can still spam ur skill without waiting the cooldown

Thats right but heal its kinda... stupid on Elites... Cuz instead of giving life and mana to you it gains such big aggro and It should be called lifetaker than lifegiver... Exept the mana recover to other mates... who don't care about that u will die... I know only four good tanks... "Abrai, Deserted, Unaud and Henryii (sry if i wrong spelled ur name guys)... These guys wait for that u will cast heal and then they cast charged horn... Sweet combination :) Next, they gain back aggro by taunt from windmills.. just amazing :) But other tanks don't do their job as they should... This is painful... but still truth... And im sure the other great mages will support that argument : " The greatest matter on Elites is that You have to have a good tank in Your team" The 3/1 build is good setup i think so i recommend it :)

Azemeazed
04-16-2013, 09:02 AM
my setup is 4fire, 4ice, 4heal, 4shield, 5int, 4dex, rifle

i made alot of testings and i had to come up with single build that is good for elites, soloing and pvp.
sure heal is not that good in elites since you pull agro, sure lightning is stronger in pvp than ice, sure clock is awsome in soloing wt4. But what with other skills on other maps/modes...

you need heal for soloing if you dont wanna spend lots of gold on medications, you also need heal in pvp to escape death. Heal is not that good in elite, but these other 2 scenarios need heal very much.

shield is not so important in soloing, but in pvp you must have it if you want to survive aimed shot, in elites also it comes handy to cast it when warrior fail agro. with shield you can also cast heal in elites, just cast shield and heal after it and warriors will have time to pull back agro from you.

ice is great aoe skill and very strong skill in pvp, i just love when i freez elite groups of monsters, or bunch of normal mode monsters in soloing. lightning for pvp would be stronger but than again i need cold for soloing and elites.

fireball is just fireball, no extra words needed :-)

clock... it is a great skill, couse you can easy solo wt4, but than again in hauntlet i found ice better use, in pvp clock is good to escape deadly situations, but i found out, for me, better way to escape... just run and shoot behind your beck and evenrually the follower will die :-)
cold is also better in elites couse you can freez those ranged monsters, not only slow their move.

all in all i tried lots of setups and this one is best for my playing style... maybe someone like to play dangerously without shield and heal, but i dont :-) maybe someone likes or is more used to clock than ice, but i dont :-) afterall it all depends of your playing style and what you like more. thats one of the reasons why this game is so good, you dont have ultimate, strongest setups, even gear is very adaptable to players styles, someone likes more health, someone more dps, someone more crit, someone more armor...

Alhuntrazeck
04-16-2013, 09:44 AM
what's with your 'booyahs', deadroth?! lol...anyway. my build is fire, lightning, gale, heal. Sounds like a pretty poor one but it works for me. Mages have the best healing. I have a warrior alt and ik that mages heal the most as well as restore valuable mana. As for fireball...its AoE. It has knock-down if u use it. And i'm too lazy to go back in-game and check out more, but i think that's good enough. Next gale force. Has low cool down but nice damage and charged AoE which increases movement speed.
last of all is lightning. Now i used to have frost instead of it, but i like this one better. Why? because in elite runs, you will need an attack that hits the boss, and hits hard. Lightning's high damage and even higher with crit is amazingly useful for bosses and has the 25% chance of AoE. So this is just my opinion guys, I hardly use heal except after battles now cuz of the aggro (which sucks big time), and have actually begun to buy pots (!). Signin' off now, this is Alhuntrazeck.

\m/_(o.o)_\m/

Deadroth
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
@Up

And what?

Am I cow? If i was a cow i can't change my mind but im a sorcerer so i can change it
As You know my friend im not a cow so i can..... muuuuu.... change my mind... muuuuu.... About Your build... Its preety clever and unique so thats the spirit :) Keep it goin :D