PDA

View Full Version : New Expansion Motivation.

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Fellow players,

This thread is for some of the players that wants to 'quit', or are getting 'angry' because of the new expansion recycled stuff and such. I will just try to make you realise that you're wrong to see it that way, and to try and motivate you for the expansion,

I have seen many posts and threads regarding the same issue for most of these players, which is the new content arriving soon, in the Kraken Isles.

''It's exactly the same items, this sucks.''

''It's the demonlords, they look ugly.''

''That's it, i'm leaving Arcane Legends.''

''Why only Rogues get the newest Arcane weapon?''

''Why does the mage have the worse stuff?''

Anyways, try putting yourself as a game designer, then design some new stuff/recycled and post them. Then read these kind of comments about the work you did. Trust me, it's not nice.

Ok, let's see what's coming, and why you shouldn't complain.

- Recycled stuff? Don't worry, since 2010 there is always some recycled stuff, but there is also ALWAYS new stuff coming along with it. You know that StS wants to make us enjoy the game, and have fun. That's their goal. For most of us here, StS did achieve that. They're awesome.

- Unfair for classes? Be patient, maybe you'll even get some better things for the wait and efforts you gave in.

Appart from that, take a look at these:

Honestly. Aren't they the best looking gear so far? Come on, look at them closely. I cannot wait to get my hands on them.
See, that's already a good part of the expansion.

Then, we get pirates to fight, and pirate boats. Come on, that's awesome! YES IT IS!

The best part: MONKEY PET. Isn't that enough for you? A monkey PET! In Arcane Legends! GEEZ that's just PURE AWESOMENESS.

Well, at least I tried but I still got one last point to say,

Let's say, we have this glass of water here (yes, a glass of water :p):

As you can see, it's half filled, half empty. (Something/nothing). Now, it's YOUR choice to choose between the positive, or negative.

Take the filled part of the glass = you being positive, enjoying the game, and enjoying what you get instead of complaining or asking for more.
Take the empty part of the glass = you being negative. Enough said.

Fine, i'll stop. I may be annoying, but hey, just trying to give some motivation for some of you.

-MysticalEagle

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Great overview, i like what STS is doing.

On a side note, I don't get why people take Insider section photos and post them in general though :/ seems counter active to the idea of that section.

-Vys

Limsi
02-20-2013, 11:24 AM
If you replace it with juice, I'll consider.

Kidding aside, come on fellow players! Let's give the expansion a good look before we start being disappointed. Have fuuuun!

abekrivy
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't care what stuff looks like. My sorcerer has the clever demonologist gear not because it looks good, but because it was the best I could afford. I couldn't care less if gear is recycled as long as it has better stats.

Lesmiserables
02-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Masked riders are comming to AL!!

Rare
02-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Man those outfits would be sick if they were vanity.

And technically... your giant shot glass is only about 1/3 filled with Vodka since it gets wider near the top. :P

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 12:07 PM

Indeed. I hope there will be similar looking Vanity. Like these ones, but in Red with flame effects. Or things like this. I mean, special effects are the best imo.

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 12:07 PM

And technically... your glass is only about 1/3 filled since it gets wider near the top. :P

They will end up as vanity at the expansion after this pirate one.

-Vys

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 12:09 PM
your giant shot glass is only about 1/3 filled with Vodka since it gets wider near the top. :P

Please don't reveal that. Now i'm screwed!

Madstar
02-20-2013, 12:17 PM
I like the glass idea. I'll need to use that for future cases! Back on topic, nice thread.

Rare
02-20-2013, 12:22 PM

-Vys

We'll see

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Samhayne
02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the thread MysticalEagle.

We know that not everyone is going to love everything we do. That is just how it is. I'm sure some don't really groove on those armor sets nor a silly old monkey pet. Making our games is a labor of love and when people rage post complaints, "That sucks! You suck for making it, rawrrr!" it can be pretty hurtful. That's why we'll remove such posts and encourage constructive criticism.

Constructive negative feedback is essential for us and a large part of the reason why we maintain these message forums. If you find something we've done not to you liking, we really want to hear why you feel that way.

Thanks again :)

TheBedtBird
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Well thats how life is, there isn't always going to be positive reviews about something, everyone doesn't like the same thing. Like down here in Brookwood, if someone doesn't like me, I don't beat him up for it, I just walk away and think of how I could make myself better. Its the same here, if people don't like the devs work, I'm sure they'll find a way to make things better and please people:)

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM

We know that not everyone is going to love everything we do. That is just how it is. I'm sure some don't really groove on those armor sets nor a silly old monkey pet. Making our games is a labor of love and when people rage post complaints, "That sucks! You suck for making it, rawrrr!" it can be pretty hurtful. That's why we'll remove such posts and encourage constructive criticism.

Constructive negative feedback is essential for us and a large part of the reason why we maintain these message forums. If you find something we've done not to you liking, we really want to hear why you feel that way.

My pleasure Sam, as much as I agree with you. Been a long time i'm with you guys, and nope, you never disappointed me, nor most of the oldies. That being said, I did work as a 3D Animation Designer in one of the smallest company you could see, and did a few designs (animals, environments and humans) for a short animated movie. We did show it to our team, and 20% of the team did not like it. Guess what, one of them did say ''No, it sucks''. I didn't appreciate it. Anyways, Hoorah' for tomorrow if it is!

-MysticalEagle

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
We'll see

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I for some reason recall that same said that the previous end game gear of the last expansion would be made into vanity for the following expansion. I could just be daydreaming but I think not.

-Vys

wvhills
02-20-2013, 01:56 PM

Sam when u post something is going to be mythic and explain it's going to be ultra rare and super cool it gets everyone excited. A few days later u post a pic of the mythic item and it looks just the same as something that's already in the game. Is it really that hard to forsee that a lot of people will be disappointed in that? If we are going to have to invest a lot of time and energy to loot the mythic item it seems like you guys should put some time and energy into making it something unique looking that everyone will instantly recognize not just reskinning something you have laying around already. Isn't that what obtaining mythic and arcane objects is all about- being able to show them off in town and having everyone go crazy when they see you have it on? With this helm people will just think we have on demonlord helmets, nothing exciting about that.

Rare
02-20-2013, 01:57 PM
I for some reason recall that same said that the previous end game gear of the last expansion would be made into vanity for the following expansion. I could just be daydreaming but I think not.

-Vys

I think at one point I suggested that... but it would be awesome of STS decided to do that.

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
I'd love it if they do actually turn them into Vanity.

Tilax
02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Sam when u post something is going to be mythic and explain it's going to be ultra rare and super cool it gets everyone excited. A few days later u post a pic of the mythic item and it looks just the same as something that's already in the game. Is it really that hard to forsee that a lot of people will be disappointed in that? If we are going to have to invest a lot of time and energy to loot the mythic item it seems like you guys should put some time and energy into making it something unique looking that everyone will instantly recognize not just reskinning something you have laying around already. Isn't that what obtaining mythic and arcane objects is all about- being able to show them off in town and having everyone go crazy when they see you have it on? With this helm people will just think we have on demonlord helmets, nothing exciting about that.

I agree with that, I'm not criticizing or anything. I just want to say maybe a little difference visually to the mythic helm might make it better. :)

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
To be honest, I cannot wait to have the new Sorcerer bundle gear. When you look at the pictures above, your reaction should be the same as mine!

''OMG ME WANT ME WANT''. :p

Lady_Pebbles
02-20-2013, 03:09 PM
For me: The glass is BOTH half full/empty.

I like that we are getting an expansion.
I don't mind reused items sometimes.
I like that we are getting new items and new pets.

I hate that they are putting pink pets in locked crates.
I hate having players burn a hole in their pockets to open gamble pack (aka locked crates) to get items or pets that I want.
I hate having to farm for hours for other items or pets that aren't worth much in the AH in order to buy eggs from crates opened by players who place the eggs up for sale for a ridiculous amount of moola.
I hate that Arcane items are as rare as Squid Buddy and Xray Visors on SL because I know damn well my chances are slim-to-none on those types of drops. Also makes StS look hella greedy.
I don't like the fact Rogues get a new weapon and others don't. Which by the way you gotta think about... Depending on its stats they'll have an advantage in PvP. Making the system even more unfair.

So thats as optemistic as Imma get. To me, items that look good aren't the ones with the best design, its the ones with the best stats and abilities which benefit me as a player that makes them look good. Its not whats on the outside, its whats in the inside that counts.

Uzii
02-20-2013, 03:09 PM

I did not use in any of my posts such words as sucks and so. Only disaponting and getting old as i remember. And for arcane only for rouges other classes needs to be patiente? that is few months away...

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 03:14 PM
I did not use in any of my posts such words as sucks and so. Only disaponting and getting old as i remember. And for arcane only for rouges other classes needs to be patiente? that is few months away...

I don't think Sam was talking about someone, I presume he was just giving an example, which was pretty simple to understand! :p

Anyways, no worries, i'm sure we'll get awesome items for us Sorcerers and Warriors.

Uzii
02-20-2013, 03:19 PM
I don't think Sam was talking about someone, I presume he was just giving an example, which was pretty simple to understand! :p

Anyways, no worries, i'm sure we'll get awesome items for us Sorcerers and Warriors.

Yes i know... and i play a rouge so

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Yes i know... and i play a rouge so

So you will be able to 'show off' or enjoy this new Arcane item! :)

Zaonabiuibil
02-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Oh noes. Recycled items. We should all quit! #sarcasm

Check out SL plox, we are treating the environment kindly by recycling.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Mastermarvel
02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Awesome thread. I'm already pumped about the expansion. (Even if I don't like those premium pack armor sets, not my style. lol) Great job, MysticalEagle!

Dragonrider023
02-20-2013, 03:40 PM
WHat? Al is newset series of sts and people already want to "rage" quit. You cant fasten the growth. like trees:hypnotysed:

Dragonrider023
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM

I hate having players burn a hole in their pockets to open gamble pack (aka locked crates) to get items or pets that I want.
I hate having to farm for hours for other items or pets that aren't worth much in the AH in order to buy eggs from crates opened by players who place the eggs up for sale for a ridiculous amount of moola.
I hate that Arcane items are as rare as Squid Buddy and Xray Visors on SL because I know damn well my chances are slim-to-none on those types of drops. Also makes StS look hella greedy.
I don't like the fact Rogues get a new weapon and others don't. Which by the way you gotta think about... Depending on its stats they'll have an advantage in PvP. Making the system even more unfair.

So thats as optemistic as Imma get. To me, items that look good aren't the ones with the best design, its the ones with the best stats and abilities which benefit me as a player that makes them look good. Its not whats on the outside, its whats in the inside that counts.

Agreed. This is best post i ever heard in my life.

Snakespeare
02-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Y'know... I've been composing a ragequit because I want it to be epic. I just know people will be stunned by it. STS will immediately swoon, and I will get emails begging me not to leave. Then, I'll refuse. That'll teach 'em for re-using the meshes!

Seriously, I just play, no hurry, not interested the elite items or the locked chests. Everything eventually gets nerfed. That's my new motto. :)

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Y'know... I've been composing a ragequit because I want it to be epic. I just know people will be stunned by it. STS will immediately swoon, and I will get emails begging me not to leave. Then, I'll refuse. That'll teach 'em for re-using the meshes!

Seriously, I just play, no hurry, not interested the elite items or the locked chests. Everything eventually gets nerfed. That's my new motto. :)

And this motto shall become the 'sentence of the year' cause I couldn't agree more with it. :)

This feels like the Sewer days, I remember all of these ''Hey, sewer set has no bonus!!'' threads and about the bow etc. Ahhhhh. :)

Rare
02-20-2013, 03:47 PM

Wait... did you use this?

http://text-to-speech.imtranslator.net/

Because I just did... and it was freakin hilarious. OMG I'm still laughing

Uzii
02-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Thers a thanks button for it

D.Red
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
The expansion is greate but its too expensive and there are only 2 choose or you pay gold whit credit card or you pay whit pay pal 1.I haven't got credit card because I don't ha 18+ 2.Pay pal need credit card ....
You can add to the payment of platinum with pay sefe and simple card can easily buy all the tobacco shop or office services and is convenient for those without credit card

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.[/QUOTE]

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
The expansion is greate but its too expensive and there are only 2 choose or you pay gold whit credit card or you pay whit pay pal 1.I haven't got credit card because I don't ha 18+ 2.Pay pal need credit card ....
You can add to the payment of platinum with pay sefe and simple card can easily buy all the tobacco shop or office services and is convenient for those without credit card

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Zaonabiuibil, you've got fan!

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM

Sir, I salute you. I just listened to Lady's post with this feature. Trust me, I am still laughing!

Lady_Pebbles
02-20-2013, 03:57 PM

Sir, I salute you. I just listened to Lady's post with this feature. Trust me, I am still laughing!
Hahahahahaha hilarious computer generated voice saying all that out loud but still I stand by what I said. :)

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Hahahahahaha hilarious computer generated voice saying all that out loud but still I stand by what I said. :)

I respect your opinion, and I do agree with a few things.

But i'll need to wait longer before expressing them myself, because there's always changes. :)

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 04:00 PM
I respect your opinion, and I do agree with a few things. But i'll need to wait longer before expressing them myself!

Yah, I need to hold back till the expansion is out myself.....

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Yah, I need to hold back till the expansion is out myself.....

You didn't even leave me the time to edit my post. I've already been quoted by you!

So, should I call you Lucky Luke?

Kidding. :)

Lady_Pebbles
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
I go buy the stats and looks of what they have presented us in the preview threads of the expansion. So yeah not really hopefully they'll change thats stuff before release lol.

EDIT: Or at all lol.

Vystirch
02-20-2013, 04:03 PM
You didn't even leave me the time to edit my post. I've already been quoted by you!

So, should I call you Lucky Luke?

Kidding. :)

Lol, I am know for that on the AL forums :p

Jessicazx
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
eff hammerjaw.. monkey ftw :D

mafiainc42
02-20-2013, 05:20 PM
that gear is hidious

eugene9707
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM

Yep , rogue get lv 26 Arcane weapon, warrior get lv 31 Arcane weapon, and Sorcerers get lv 36 arcane weapon :) (just an example)

I think it might be better if STS release the arcane weapon later, and do it for all 3 class at once instead of just one at the time. Because right now, people complaint that Rogues get the new Arcane weapon, but in the future, people will then be complaining that rogue's arcane weapon is lower level than the other classes, so why not release all 3 at once , and if they need ideas, they can make another weapon design contest :)

Lady_Pebbles
02-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I agree Eugene.

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 06:46 PM
As much as I also agree. I just can't ask for all this, because its done, and what is done is done.

Lady_Pebbles
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
As much as I also agree. I just can't ask for all this, because its done, and what is done is done.
Not necessarily. The devs and admins have stated if there is a big enough base of players complaining about the issue then they will do something about it. However, they also know that not everyone in the games post on the forums or even know they exist.. Hell some don't even bother to post cuz they don't think anything will be done while some of us who do say something, feel like they listen but don't really hear us.

Mysticaleagle
02-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Not necessarily. The devs and admins have stated if there is a big enough base of players complaining about the issue then they will do something about it. However, they also know that not everyone in the games post on the forums or even know they exist.. Hell some don't even bother to post cuz they don't think anything will be done while some of us who do say something, feel like they listen but don't really hear us.

Using Tapatalk now, and I can't read your post, it's all pink. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Energizeric
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
These types of conversations always seem to get back to the same point: players don't like when items are rare and want to be able to get all of the best items within a day or two of the new expansion coming out. Anything that is more difficult than that is either "too rare" or "unfair".

I understand that some folks here mostly do PvP, but for 90% of the players PvP is only a small part of the game. Those of us who mostly do PvE need challenges, and farming kills in the crypts is just boring. The challenges we want are to get rare items. You farm, sell the items you get, and save your gold up over time. Then after months of playing maybe you can manage to afford that really expensive item that costs 5m. Or maybe you get lucky and manage to get one as a drop -- the more you farm the better your chances are.

If you are not willing to put in the time, then just get the much more common pink items and do your PvP with those. But don't tell me that it is unreasonable for there to be an item which actually presents a challenge to acquire.

What will most of you do when you grow up and find out there are things like Rolex watches and Ferraris? Will you complain that it's not fair that you can't afford one, or will you bust your butt and work hard to try to obtain one someday? Seems like many here are more of the complaining type.

Unfortunately the developers in PL gave into these kind of complaints and increased drop rates of everything that was rare, and in the process they ruined the game for me and many other longtime players. I pray they do not give into these complaints in AL.[/end rant]

eugene9707
02-20-2013, 11:04 PM

not quite ... the weapon haven't arrive in the game yet, so its still possible to postpone the release of the Arcane reality weapons

Mysticaleagle
02-21-2013, 05:47 AM
not quite ... the weapon haven't arrive in the game yet, so its still possible to postpone the release of the Arcane reality weapons

I agree, but they planned it, made it, and they will release soon. So yes, it's done. Future releases will do the job.

Wiress
02-21-2013, 08:12 AM

-Vys

Yay!

Edit// And ty for this thread. +1

Azepeiete
02-21-2013, 09:54 AM
So excited for cap, hope its today. Love the post and want the rogue gear already!

Noobiam
02-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Nice post! +1

smeagolette
02-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Nice positive thread! 2 thumbs up

AtariX
02-21-2013, 02:09 PM

Most honest post ever.

Dragonrider023
03-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Thers a thanks button for it

Yes, they're quite around for long time.

Chili
03-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Ummm hello? Does no one know the design color of the year? It is emerald green..... I think that STS is right on track.... gah....

Decrpito
03-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Mystical u change ur mind ver y fast huh, i readed a lot of threats and posts from u and mostly of then was to criticize something bout the game, anyway its nice trying to be positive but try to be more eloquent

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Mystical u change ur mind ver y fast huh, i readed a lot of threats and posts from u and mostly of then was to criticize something bout the game, anyway its nice trying to be positive but try to be more eloquent

No, what you have seen is posts AFTER the recent update (last few days) about Banners and Achievements. Be more careful. :)

Decrpito
03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
And who said im talking posa before expansion? Actually u was complaining after the update and now u call all the people to enjoy the update? Seems somebody of the team sent u a pm

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
And who said im talking posa before expansion? Actually u was complaining after the update and now u call all the people to enjoy the update? Seems somebody of the team sent u a pm

What? What are you talking about? READ my post above AGAIN.