PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Warriors...

Energizeric
02-21-2013, 03:49 AM
Have all the rogues and sorcerers quit PvP??

I've noticed this very gradually over the past couple of weeks, but yesterday and today in every game there is 6 or 7 warriors out of the 10 players. It makes it very hard to play if you are not a warrior. So tonight I made up my mind I would not play if there were 3 or more warriors on the other team. So I would just leave the game, and re-enter the PvP arena and join a new game. Well, it took me over a half hour of doing that just to find a game. So I played that game, and then when I hit replay, we were back to having 5 warriors on the other side.

Maybe STS can do something that causes similar numbers of each class to join each game. So if there are already 4 warriors in a game (out of the 10 players), then the next warrior to join PvP gets sent to a new game. Same would go for other classes. Then at least it would be fair. Because right now it's not really fair if you are a sorcerer.

Heiki
02-21-2013, 04:11 AM
I support a diversity of classes system. I also noticed more warriors playing and, being a warrior, it's really not much fun. I don't know how you can burn through 4 warriors with 4 HoR ticking at the same time.

Maybe limit the amount of HoR ticks to one or 2 or something.

warbluefish
02-21-2013, 04:26 AM
i dont think its more warrior playing. its less mage and rogue playing. ppl dont want bad k/d ratio. ppl see both team not balanced they just leave. nothing wrong with it. it just a bit annoying to jwait. quit. join. and do it all over again. the main unbalance is caused by warriors. one team has one warrior again one team with two warrior . hard any chance for the one warrior team..

Cero
02-21-2013, 04:37 AM
i remmber when the game was still new there tons of warriors leveling than rogue or mages.

pvp sorc was turned off.when stun immunity was implented.

Jessicazx
02-21-2013, 04:47 AM
#nerfwarrior2013

Bless
02-21-2013, 05:00 AM
These gorillas are op, seriously. Hp, heals, superior crits (with venge and ribbit combo) AND damage?

I suggest cut their damage by half

Jessicazx
02-21-2013, 05:09 AM

Please..

Robhawk
02-21-2013, 05:10 AM
These gorillas are op, seriously. Hp, heals, superior crits (with venge and ribbit combo) AND damage?

You forgot their speed, they can catchup or run away from a mage like Usain Bolt (warrior) vs Yokozuna (mage).

Bless
02-21-2013, 05:19 AM
these gorillas are op, seriously. Hp, heals, superior crits (with venge and ribbit combo) and damage?

you forgot their speed, they can catchup or run away from a mage like usain bolt (warrior) vs yokozuna (mage). bahahhaa

Destructible
02-21-2013, 05:29 AM
I agree. I'm a warrior myself and I hate it when the whole match is practically run by warriors. One or two is fine, but a bunch? Too much.

Jessicazx
02-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Put class limits.. or something of that sort.

Energizeric
02-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Well, somehow I once again ended up in a lvl17 game tonight, and had fun beating down some warriors . At one point I had the flag and 2 warriors came at me together, and they were shocked when I slammed them down and kept on my way with the flag. It was pretty funny to see "WTF" in the text. Even they know they are OP compared to a sorcerer, so imagine their shock when a sorcerer killed 2 of them. If it was a warrior killing 2 sorcerers, nobody would think much of it.

ishyrionek
02-21-2013, 08:28 AM
So from what u says you quit when in ENEMY team is too many warriors, and stay when yours team got more. It says alot about u...

I just really dont like 5 vs 5 ctf system. People dont understand this is about fflag, not k/d ratio actually, in actually beta pvp system, like Sam told few times.
There should be 4 vs 4 round matches, where u can enter on pvp map in party team already, or if u dont have team, you cant chosee blue or red, but only join / look other game.
Actually 1 vs 1 is balanced (maybe only rogue vs wizard not), but its hard to balance: pvm, 1vs1 pvp, 5vs5 pvp, and my favorite 5vs2 or 3vs1 pvp.

Remember its beta pvp system! They will change it in future patches.

Syylent
02-21-2013, 09:28 AM
The worst is when it 2 v 5 and they have 3 warriors a rogue and a sorc camping the spawn sites. Warriors come after you with bubble up. The sorc stuns you and the rogue finishes you off all while the 3 warriors are spinning green.

Too top off a warrior is carrying the rock and never dies.

Some reason I always get the warrior that never heal. Fight gets over and I am sitting at 1/16 of health with 3 warriors. Never a heal. I love the little blue people that are kind enough to cast out a heal on you.

I guess I will have to pick up that stupid med pack skill. I hate that thing with a passion.

warbluefish
02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
So from what u says you quit when in ENEMY team is too many warriors, and stay when yours team got more. It says alot about u...

I just really dont like 5 vs 5 ctf system. People dont understand this is about fflag, not k/d ratio actually, in actually beta pvp system, like Sam told few times.
There should be 4 vs 4 round matches, where u can enter on pvp map in party team already, or if u dont have team, you cant chosee blue or red, but only join / look other game.
Actually 1 vs 1 is balanced (maybe only rogue vs wizard not), but its hard to balance: pvm, 1vs1 pvp, 5vs5 pvp, and my favorite 5vs2 or 3vs1 pvp.

Remember its beta pvp system! They will change it in future patches.

If 1v1 is balanced. the rest will b balanced as well. the hardest thing is make them balanced and dont lose their charecters.

Tilax
02-21-2013, 09:54 AM
SERIOUS GUYS?!?!

On the first weeks of PVP it was mainly dominated by Rouges anyway did we ever complain? Looool! So when warriors get better at PVP everyone just rages about it -_-/

Maybe Sorcs need a boost but no way Rouges need boosting nor Warriors need to be nerfed. A perfectly capable Rouge can take out a Warrior on a 1v1 if they can.

Spicy1
02-21-2013, 10:15 AM
SERIOUS GUYS?!?!

On the first weeks of PVP it was mainly dominated by Rouges anyway did we ever complain? Looool! So when warriors get better at PVP everyone just rages about it -_-/

Maybe Sorcs need a boost but no way Rouges need boosting nor Warriors need to be nerfed. A perfectly capable Rouge can take out a Warrior on a 1v1 if they can.

I'm in no way best sorcerer out there (rogue is my main) but i can take warr 1v1 and have a 50/50 chance beating him. Stop with the "warriors are op"-bs and learn how to counter em. Balance is fine atm between classes. Team balance is not fine.

ishyrionek
02-21-2013, 10:18 AM
If 1v1 is balanced. the rest will b balanced as well. the hardest thing is make them balanced and dont lose their charecters.

Yeah, will it be? Sorc got 2 sec immunnity too, but dunno why nobody use it. Maybe shield should have such immunity? Or skill in shield: ignore first attack. And for warriors, there should ignore immunity in pvp with 15sec cd, for all classes. Or 7 sec or so.

Raxin
02-21-2013, 10:31 AM

U selfish rogue.

Serancha
02-21-2013, 10:41 AM
It's not the warriors that need to be nerfed, it's the practices of ganging and spawn charging that need to be stopped, and the concepts of sportsmanship and fair play that should be recalled by many. Let people spawn and get on their feet so they have a chance to fight for themselves. Don't beat up someone who is obviously afk typing or some such. 3 or 4 warriors against one rogue is not pvp - take a chance when the teams are unbalanced to five on one and fight the poor rogue one at a time. Simple considerations like this would help prevent the mass exoduses we see so often when teams are unbalanced, and make it a bit more fair all around.

warbluefish
02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah, will it be? Sorc got 2 sec immunnity too, but dunno why nobody use it. Maybe shield should have such immunity? Or skill in shield: ignore first attack. And for warriors, there should ignore immunity in pvp with 15sec cd, for all classes. Or 7 sec or so.

Is this have anything to.do with my comment? be cool man. and pls to ask mages . do tney use their immunnity? i bet u 80% of them r using it. its good enough for rogues. is ig good enough for warriors? everyone plays AL knows it.

GoodSyntax
02-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Sorcs do need a boost, but I think that if STS just reduced Warriors speed by 25% and reduce their range on Skyward Smash, I would be totally fine with leaving them as is.

I have learned that the most effective way to combat grouped warriors is with a Sorc Fireball stun and a Rogue spamming Aimed Shot, so without teamwork Warriors are invincible in a team, but can be countered with good tactics.

I agree Tilax, Rogues probably don't need a boost (though I would like my stuns back), but Warriors need some kind of adjustment. It's just silly when I hit a Warrior with 3 charged Aimed Shots (1 or 2 which crits), 3 Noxious Bolts, and 2 Shadow Piercers, and instead of dying, they turn around, one-hit me with Windmill and then proceed to take down two others before they die.

Nananana
02-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Sorcs do need a boost, but I think that if STS just reduced Warriors speed by 25% and reduce their range on Skyward Smash, I would be totally fine with leaving them as is.

I have learned that the most effective way to combat grouped warriors is with a Sorc Fireball stun and a Rogue spamming Aimed Shot, so without teamwork Warriors are invincible in a team, but can be countered with good tactics.

I agree Tilax, Rogues probably don't need a boost (though I would like my stuns back), but Warriors need some kind of adjustment. It's just silly when I hit a Warrior with 3 charged Aimed Shots (1 or 2 which crits), 3 Noxious Bolts, and 2 Shadow Piercers, and instead of dying, they turn around, one-hit me with Windmill and then proceed to take down two others before they die.

I am warrior and agree that Skyward Smash is too good for pursuit.

And your stuns were too powerful, that gives sorcerers even less of a chance against rogues

Serancha
02-21-2013, 11:53 AM
I can currently win about 70% of encounters with a single warrior as a rogue. As a max geared warrior, my win/loss against high end rogues is about 50/50. This is about the same as what I see in the many one on one matches in the arena. Rogues are fully capable of killing any (unglitched) warrior if they know what they are doing. As for sorcerers, they can wreak havok, I'll take a pair on my team any day.

SouLBlizzard
02-21-2013, 11:59 AM
When fighting a group of warrior,your team should try to split them.I found sorcerers is the best to do this.Just kite and stun with fireball.After they splited kill them 1 by 1 in group.A group of warrior is untoucable.If there are 5 warriors in a team,stay together,all use the HoR,SS and followed by windmill then its over.

iluvataris
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Energizeric I see you say you play with low levels a lot. Maybe ease off the replay button a bit. You didn't do anything wrong like you said its part of the game at the moment. Just would like too see you in level 21 games somtime. Also I'm sure its not fun for the lower levels.

GoodSyntax
02-21-2013, 12:04 PM
I love smurfs - they're awesome for crowd control and having at least one around constantly healing HP and Mana turns Rogues into killing machines. The Rogues biggest weakness is mana, so a Sorc replenishing mana allows me to spam away.

@Nananana - I agree, the stuns were a bit excessive. I used to stun-lock Warriors all the time to preserve my mana. The problem is that Sorcs were so reliant on stuns to be effective. I've seen that some have adjusted and respeced, and are now high damage, high DPS builds (160 DMG, 225+ DPS) which is kind of crazy, but super effective.

Skyward makes it impossible to flee from any Warrior. The range is simply too long. I've been chased down by Warriors carrying the flag for crying out loud!

Nananana
02-21-2013, 12:09 PM
maybe make it so if you're slowed/snared, skyward's range is cut to less than half?

It's ridiculous to slow down warrior with pet and they still smash you.

Roberto077
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm sick of people saying the warrior is OP. Sure we have a ton of health and armor, but the Rgues damage is ridiculous. Sorcerers deserve a buff, rogues (idk), and warriors can stay the same. Warriors are a popular class, SO TRY TO PLAY ONE

Energizeric
02-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm in no way best sorcerer out there (rogue is my main) but i can take warr 1v1 and have a 50/50 chance beating him. Stop with the "warriors are op"-bs and learn how to counter em. Balance is fine atm between classes. Team balance is not fine.

I know how to beat them. I must hit them 15-20 times without getting hit even once. It's very tough and only manages to happen for me about 5% of the time. If I get hit even once, I become stunned and then they kill me before the stun wears off, usually in 2-3 seconds.

When I do beat them it's usually because I run and they chase after me and my stuns end up perfectly timed so that each time they get close I stun them. But more often than not they manage to stun me during this process and then I die. The problem is that they have longer range than I do, and they move way faster, so for me to be successful at this the warrior has to make many mistakes. Also occasionally I can run circles around them in the spawn room or the flag room and get the same effect, but most of the time they will hit me at some point and kill me. I don't seem to cause much damage to them with each hit, so for me to win the battle has to last a really long time. Like I said, maybe 5% of the time I can beat them.

And BTW, I got good top end gear, my damage is high for a sorcerer, and against rogues and other sorcerers I do very well, probably win 2-1 (K/D). Against warriors it's probably like 1-20.

Energizeric
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Energizeric I see you say you play with low levels a lot. Maybe ease off the replay button a bit. You didn't do anything wrong like you said its part of the game at the moment. Just would like too see you in level 21 games somtime. Also I'm sure its not fun for the lower levels.

Not a lot, it has happened to me twice, and both times I posted about it. I play every day and in the 4-5 weeks since PvP has been out, it happened only twice. You make it sound like I go looking for this every day. LOL

Roberto077
02-21-2013, 01:30 PM

Oh dear god...... "balance is fine atm between classes"..... are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?

Roberto077
02-21-2013, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpOgWBwIttk

GG well played

Energizeric
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM

GG well played

That rogue is playing against lower level players there. A level 15 against level 12-14 players is OP because level 15 is the first level where you have access to the elite pink gear. So your stats would be way better.

GoodSyntax
02-21-2013, 02:25 PM
^^
What he said

And not for nothing...those were some nooby opponents. Of course you were wrecking the arena - I only saw an Aimed Shot land on you once. What kind of Rogue does not launch Aimed Shot upon approach, or in desperation when they are dying? It's like they were just a bunch of sheep with only a left thumb. That is hardly indicative of anything other than the fact that you played against noobs.

Try getting into the same type of streak at endgame and see if you are as successful.

Roberto077
02-21-2013, 02:54 PM
That rogue is playing against lower level players there. A level 15 against level 12-14 players is OP because level 15 is the first level where you have access to the elite pink gear. So your stats would be way better.

Level 10 bow, level 10 armor, level 11 helm. Level 12-15 players. 2 of the Rogues on the other team were level 15.

I would know this because I was the person who recorded it...

We played a second match after and I got most of the opposite team with me.

Roberto077
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
^^
What he said

And not for nothing...those were some nooby opponents. Of course you were wrecking the arena - I only saw an Aimed Shot land on you once. What kind of Rogue does not launch Aimed Shot upon approach, or in desperation when they are dying? It's like they were just a bunch of sheep with only a left thumb. That is hardly indicative of anything other than the fact that you played against noobs.

Try getting into the same type of streak at endgame and see if you are as successful.

I tried that with a warrior. It didn't work. I got 2 hit by rogues when I have 3200 health and ~800 armor. It could've been a lag glitch though.

GoodSyntax
02-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Not the same at end-game is it?

Robhawk
02-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Not the same at end-game is it?

At end game a rogue is fine with a single shot, doenst take 2 shots to kill f.e. a fckin mage.^^

Bless
02-22-2013, 08:05 AM

GG well played You got twink gear. Theyre wearing greens and theyre newbs, not any good build either.

U selfish rogue. I love you too <3

Darko
02-22-2013, 11:50 AM
We crit from 60- 600, sometimes it crits at 1500 but that's rare ( the glitch as some call it) rouges crit from 1500-3000 on regular basis with faster cd, and u want to cut our damage in half? Are u kidding me? How selfish can u be..rouges are killing machines right now

Bless
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
We crit from 60- 600, sometimes it crits at 1500 but that's rare ( the glitch as some call it) rouges crit from 1500-3000 on regular basis with faster cd, and u want to cut our damage in half? Are u kidding me? How selfish can u be..rouges are killing machines right now You must not be a skilled warrior then lol. Afaik most warriors will own most rogues

Destructible
02-22-2013, 07:16 PM
In my opinion rogues and warriors are pretty much balanced out right now.

Sorcerers are the ones who need a slight *slight* buff. As of now a sorcerer who actually knows how to play instead of complain is capable of destroying a rogue 1-1. The problem lies only with warriors.

Some threads on the forums have also suggested giving mages back their stun-lock, but this I disagree with. With stun-lock only usable by mages, this will once again unbalance the whole system.

A better alternative (for me) is to increase mages' survivability, probably increasing the duration of shield and the damage absorbed.

Bless
02-23-2013, 03:36 AM
In my opinion rogues and warriors are pretty much balanced out right now.

Sorcerers are the ones who need a slight *slight* buff. As of now a sorcerer who actually knows how to play instead of complain is capable of destroying a rogue 1-1. The problem lies only with warriors.

Some threads on the forums have also suggested giving mages back their stun-lock, but this I disagree with. With stun-lock only usable by mages, this will once again unbalance the whole system.

A better alternative (for me) is to increase mages' survivability, probably increasing the duration of shield and the damage absorbed. Venge + ribbit (even without ribbot they can destroy) and windmill at the start and your dead. The windmill has a huge range so its hard to kite...

Infrico
02-23-2013, 03:51 AM
You must not be a skilled warrior then lol. Afaik most warriors will own most rogues

go lvl 12 PvP bless lol, some of those problems u face vs warr hard to occur in lvl 12 cos of the lack of skill points, e.g. windmill range

Bless
02-23-2013, 04:34 AM
You must not be a skilled warrior then lol. Afaik most warriors will own most rogues

go lvl 12 PvP bless lol, some of those problems u face vs warr hard to occur in lvl 12 cos of the lack of skill points, e.g. windmill range Good point but then again who plays l12?

Infrico
02-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Good point but then again who plays l12?

loads of people :o we hv 10-20 active members alone in our guild

Energizeric
02-23-2013, 03:23 PM
A better alternative (for me) is to increase mages' survivability, probably increasing the duration of shield and the damage absorbed.

All that will do is make it even more necessary to use shield. I don't have shield nor do I want it. Sorcerers (and any other class) should be able to survive in PvP with a variety of builds, and no one skill should be necessary for any class.

Xbuddyjosh
02-24-2013, 10:01 PM
My sorc pvp build is a VERY offensive one... When my shield runs out I am pretty much dead... However... I can kill nearly everybody (including select warriors) before that happens... So basically I used to just be able to run around and kill nearly all people I see... However lately, I am noticing myself that I often need to travel in a pack; the warriors all group up and kill me in less than a second... It's no longer safe for anyone to just go in for fun... They must be ready to be killed by a group of oversized gorillas with an nsane crit rate...

Example xbuddyjoshx vs: hmmm.... FIVE WARRIORS!!! Who wins? Some of the wise may say xbuddy, but in reality I have no chance :(

-xbuddy. PLZ NERF WARRIOR DMG DEVS

Spyce
02-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Warrior is OP
Warrior>Rogue>Sorcerers

Xezbeth
02-25-2013, 10:56 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87848-Critical-Sorcerer-build-PvP-balancing-suggestions&p=982708#post982708

Please see my suggestions on PVP balancing and state your opinions

Energizeric
02-26-2013, 12:00 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87848-Critical-Sorcerer-build-PvP-balancing-suggestions&p=982708#post982708

Please see my suggestions on PVP balancing and state your opinions

You said basically the same thing that we all do. Run and try to shoot back while they chase you. Problem is it only works a small percentage of the time since their range is so far they can stun you easier than you can stun them.

Destructible
02-26-2013, 01:42 AM
All that will do is make it even more necessary to use shield. I don't have shield nor do I want it. Sorcerers (and any other class) should be able to survive in PvP with a variety of builds, and no one skill should be necessary for any class.

Just to point out, you can't say "I don't want a mana shield for my mage" in PL, can you?

I just don't think why it should be any different here.

Asahetek
02-26-2013, 03:58 AM
Some warriors are op and they hit extremely hard near 2k and when you combine that with their speed, health armour and healing ability which makes a number of them hard to beat and even fight them. They need to lower their speed and damage a bit.

As for rogues we don't really need a boost, but there is one area where they need help with and that in the mana department since we consume mana at ridiculous rate and our regain is horrible.

Tantalizer
02-26-2013, 05:08 AM
i dont think its more warrior playing. its less mage and rogue playing. ppl dont want bad k/d ratio. ppl see both team not balanced they just leave. nothing wrong with it. it just a bit annoying to jwait. quit. join. and do it all over again. the main unbalance is caused by warriors. one team has one warrior again one team with two warrior . hard any chance for the one warrior team..

I totally agree some times ppl just dont like to try new times of fighters etc

inkredible
02-26-2013, 01:51 PM

^^^ yup but also depends who u play with, some team would have only one warrior but mages and rogues and crazy good, no chance
i seen it even if theres 2 warriors, stuns + one hit shots <<<<<<

Cero
02-27-2013, 01:50 AM
this still going? lol just play better.
there are many guides out there.

Energizeric
02-27-2013, 02:32 AM
Just to point out, you can't say "I don't want a mana shield for my mage" in PL, can you?

I just don't think why it should be any different here.

In PL you can have all 12 skills for each class, and most players do. In AL you are only allowed 4 skills (out of 8), so no single skill should be necessary to be a successful player. The whole point is to allow for diversity of player builds, not so everyone ends up the same -- something that was, and continues to be, a big complaint in PL.

The solution to balancing may have to do with range and speed. Mages are just too slow and their range is not far enough compared to the other classes, especially warriors. Melee weapons should not have much of a range -- that should be reserved for range weapons like a bow, wand or gun. A player using a ranged weapon should have further range than one using a melee weapon. If I have a gun, I should be able to hit you long before you can hit me if you have a sword or knives. Yet quite often it seems that rogues with their slash attacks and warriors with their leap attacks have better range than I do with my watch rifle. That is what makes them op.