PDA

View Full Version : Debuffs

Gaabob
09-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Ok so I've been wondering. Some debuffs (one or two for each character) like for example the bears roar, have debuffs such as debuff -50 damage (bear roar thing). However there isn't actually any time set for the debuff, does this mean it's infinite debuff? Or is there some hidden timing...?

I have also been wondering. Do debuffs stack? Like say bird does break armor, and Mage does the minus armor debuff(can't remember which one it is). Do the minus armors add up? or does it only count for the first debuff...?

Sry if this is somewhere else in forums: if it is plz post link.

giayuan
09-28-2010, 05:30 PM
the debuffs DO stack, tried before
not sure bout time though

Royce
09-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Debuffs all have a time limit afaik. Different debuffs can stack, but not all debuffs can stack with the same debuff. Archer Break Armor and Enchantress Nightmare can stack for instance, but if two mages use Nightmare, then only one will actually take effect (however, I am not sure if a dark blade's nightmare will stack with a mage's, but don't think so). Others like break armor do appear to stack with themselves. This is still a kind of mysterious area (when you consider weapon proc debuffs as well) that I am planning on testing out a bit soon.

Snakespeare
09-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Royce, you told me that my Shock Lance break armor seems to stack on itself with each hit. I started to watch and I am sure you're right.

Royce
09-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Royce, you told me that my Shock Lance break armor seems to stack on itself with each hit. I started to watch and I am sure you're right.

Spears break armor, and that does stack with itself (armor will drop, rise, drop, drop some more, etc). Unfortunately, there seems to be some bad info out there that people are attributing to me about shock lances. Shock lances proc lightning. It seems to take effect every hit, meaning the armor drop is immediate and constant as you attack a target. However, lighting procs definitely do not stack, so unlike the spear which is capable of reducing armor as much as three times (maybe more, but I haven't seen it), the armor reduction of the shock lance is just a single debuff that resets (in terms of effect time) every time you hit the target. This is why I think shock lances (with higher damage than spears as well) are better weapons for an ursan warrior, but spears which can cut deeper into armor, and allow massive spell crits through, are better for a paladin. Edit: Also, since mages should already be casting lightning regularly anyway, the lance proc is a complete waste for them (again though I need to test if the weapon proc lighting can stack with the skill effect, but I don't believe so...)

Snakespeare
09-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Ok, cool. Sorry for misquoting you.

Royce
09-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Ok, cool. Sorry for misquoting you.

No problem, someone else said that I said that as well lol. I may very well have misspoken (miswritten?) at some point. I tend to type quickly, so it's entirely possible I mixed up lances and spears somewhere ;)

Gaabob
09-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Lol thanks for the responses. And the devation to a sub category of debuffs is quite interesting. Maybe I'll get my Mage a djinn spear of Thoth :). Anyone know if other str weapons(khopesh, pharoahs sword etc) have built in debuffs?

Royce
09-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Anyone know if other str weapons(khopesh, pharoahs sword etc) have built in debuffs?

Spears, tridents, pitchforks, etc. break armor. Shock lances and plasma swords proc lighting. Darkblades proc nightmare. The only others Str weapon procs I know of (stun, freeze, burn) are not debuffs.

Gaabob
09-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Ok thanks :)

jonboy
09-28-2010, 06:56 PM
So the lightning proc reduces armor as well as damage as I've see the stars graphic with a shock lance as well as the lightning proc graphic, unless the lightning proc does damage and reduces armor at the same time.

Royce
09-28-2010, 07:01 PM
So the lightning proc reduces armor as well as damage as I've see the stars graphic with a shock lance as well as the lightning proc graphic, unless the lightning proc does damage and reduces armor at the same time.

Lightning definitely reduces armor (just like the mage skill), but I am not aware of it any additional lightning damage or damage reduction from the proc. I know the lances make stars appear, but that's either a bug, or something else going on, because if you actually watch your armor as someone hits you with a spear, and then a lance, you will notice very different behavior (Lance drops armor immediately, and it stays that exact level. With a spear hitting you your armor goes down, up, down, down further, up, down again, etc.)

jonboy
09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Gotcha, ty, now to remember what I did with my Thoth spear.

Bakano
11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Whats a proc? =)

noobmigo
11-20-2010, 10:29 AM
it's like a skill equipped with a weapon, usually a debuff. it's like a little magical thingy inside of a weapon that can stun, freeze blah blah blah. i can't explain it. lol

Bakano
11-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Ah ha.... well thank you =)