PDA

View Full Version : Attacks do no damage

Adamjstone
09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
I am a level 37 warrior using a blizz zword of the bear. My stats say that I should be doing 65-66 damage per hit, but when I play in the ancient swamps or campaigns after that one, I can't cause any damage unless I activate my rage skill. Is this just me, or should I be able to do some damage without having to use rage?

Futumsh
09-28-2010, 08:08 PM
You're probably doing less damage per hit than they have armor.

Arterra
09-28-2010, 08:08 PM
i also have a sword build, and find that monsters seem to have just enough armor to not take any damage from my sword. i cannot use blizz sword in skeller or swamps, it made me stick (and love) my titanic hammer

i honestly think it's armor.

edit oooo just beaten

jonboy
09-28-2010, 08:10 PM
What's you hit% as well?

Royce
09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Swords are low damage, high speed weapons. Against a high armor opponent, it is not unusual that you would do little or even no damage, except for crits and with the rage buff on. You could try a higher damage weapon like an axe, or a 2-hander, but I'd recommend the swamp tridents. In addition to decent damage for a 1-hander, they have a break armor proc that reduces your target's armor. Other than that, your only hope is debuffs. Enchantresses using nightmare, and archers using break armor should allow you to do more damage per hit.

Adamjstone
09-28-2010, 08:17 PM
My hit % is 96. If its their armour, then the thing I don't understand is that the rage skill just increases the critical hit percentage, not the attack power, so why when I activate it do I start hitting for roughly 45 damage, when without it I get nothing?

Arterra
09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
What's you hit% as well?

little chance of it being 0%.
anyway, that trident idea was a good one. you could also easily get some off skeller. i just give away pink conqueror trident these days...

My hit % is 96. If its their armour, then the thing I don't understand is that the rage skill just increases the critical hit percentage, not the attack power, so why when I activate it do I start hitting for roughly 45 damage, when without it I get nothing?

b4, it was 0 damage after armor. so i think it takes the damage possible (of the sword) and crits that instead of the resultant damage after armor calculations.

Adamjstone
09-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Ok, how can I find one of these tridents?

Arterra
09-28-2010, 08:21 PM
basically just walk into skeller lol. go with people against bosses until you get one. not hard at all. if you see Mixcoatl in game i will give you about 4 different ones lol.

Adamjstone
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for your help guys

Raxie
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
rage actually increases both damage and your crit%; it just doesn't tell you that rage increases damage.

Royce
09-28-2010, 08:26 PM
FYI, I don't think it's in the skill description (they have always been very limited descriptions), but rage does increase damage as well as crit. I believe you get a buff of 5 damage per skill point.

jonboy
09-28-2010, 08:26 PM
little chance of it being 0%

Dolt, Brain freeze, of course.

Arterra
09-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Dolt, Brain freeze, of course.

please explain. i do not know of any reason why swamp and skeller people should have anything to do with the word freeze. also, i have no idea what it is T.T

jonboy
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Lol, remind me next time not to use a in game term, I was referring to my stupidity, in not realizing that if he was not hitting at all then a question about hit% was pointless.

FluffNStuff
09-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Rage also adds 25 points to damage on a bear (focus on a bird does not)

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Wow up until now I didn't think about the fact that a fast weapon with low base damage don't do damage to monsters with higher armor. I just looked at the DPS... :) Stupid. This gave me a bunch of new weapons to use! :D

Snakespeare
09-30-2010, 01:10 PM
You also want to use ANYTHING that debuffs the opponents. If your str build is a bear, you're going to have to depend on others to debuff them, or use a trident. But enchantress can use lightning (and should, often!) or Nightmare at higher levels. Avians have Break Armor and Shattering Scream. If they don't use them in Swamps, then they don't know how to play.

Fyrce
10-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Lots of the "don't know how to play" people out there. I still try to tell them and still, some listen, some don't. Oh well. Don't forget spears for higher levels. And Blackmetal Claymores. Not sure about other 2H swords. Just learn the graphical indicators and try out those weapons. There're a lot of interesting ones out there.

yesIManoob
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Ok, how can I find one of these tridents?

I'll give you one for free but you're going to have to somehow be on when I'm on :P, which is about a few minutes this Thursday and maybe Wednesday. Add me, my IGN is TheNooob. Cya in-game.

Lots of the "don't know how to play" people out there. I still try to tell them and still, some listen, some don't. Oh well. Don't forget spears for higher levels. And Blackmetal Claymores. Not sure about other 2H swords. Just learn the graphical indicators and try out those weapons. There're a lot of interesting ones out there.

Yes I believe I have a Blackmetal Claymore of Legend and I am giving that away for free too.