PDA

View Full Version : the swamps sets?

Raxie
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
ok, so there are copperhead's for str, swamp rat's for dex and voodoo master for int?
are there any more sets?
also, could someone tell me all the items for dex, str and int that are needed for the bonus stats?
also, is there a swamp rat's talon or bow; or is the only possible way to get a swamp rat's set is to use a shiv? also, are there voodoo master voodoo dolls? if there are, are there any voodoo master wands?
thanks in advance!

Royce
09-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Copperhead (Dex gear set for Str) only works with the helm, armor, shield and trident (hammer and battle sword give no set bonus). Swamp rat (Str gear set for Dex) only works with the shiv. The voodoo master one is just dumb, it's not even really a set. There's a copperhead staff, that goes with like a mamboza hat and zombie robe or something lol. I hope the devs think this through a little more before they start full scale implementation of set bonuses. Anyway, there appears to be no options with the sets, just the one way to do it (so no doll and want for the Int "set").

Arterra
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
seems limited... :( no worries, i bet it will be edited in time, as even more sets are though up of.

Conradin
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Here's a pic of the sets
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/epilist/d60d6d3e.jpg

Raxie
09-28-2010, 08:45 PM
what do you mean by copperhead's is a dex gear set for str and the swamp rat's is a str gear set for dex?
edit: so are there only 3 sets in the whole game?

Royce
09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
what do you mean by copperhead's is a dex gear set for str and the swamp rat's is a str gear set for dex?
edit: so are there only 3 sets in the whole game?

Copperhead (Horus light) gives a Dex bonus, high crit, etc. basically Dex stuff. Swamp Rat (Osiris light) gives a Str bonus, high dodge, etc. more tankish stuff. Voodoo Master (not a set IMO) gives some copperhead Dex and crit, Mamboza (Thoth light) Int and M/s, and Zombie (Isislight) Dodge and H/s. I can't see any reason to use the Voodoo Master set (Int bear maybe), but any mage who wants to be effective would be advised to avoid it ;)
Afaik, these are the only three sets that currently confer a bonus.

Edit: Okay, I'm gonna stop bashing the sets now. They are new, and it's not really fair. The main real issue I have is that they confused the point about what a set really is. Two of them consist entirely of the same variety of legendary items. The third is a mishmash of varieties with an artificial secondary term (Voodoo Master) thrown in to tie them together. I think that last part in particular is very messy, but if that's going to be how it's done, it should be uniform for all sets. Okay, I'm done now :)

Raxie
09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
but copperhead's is str gear and swamp rat's is dex gear so the stats on them are kind of reversed?
a mage could use the set if he/she wants to feel special and glitter. will replacing the copperhead's voodoo master with a zombie's voodoo fire staff still make a set?

Royce
09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
but copperhead's is str gear and swamp rat's is dex gear so the stats on them are kind of reversed?
Yeah, that was what I was getting at. Though the copperheads set is decent because everyone wants Dex (it's overpowered ;) ), and it includes the best 1-hand Str weapon at that level. The Swamp Rat is okay I guess, dodge is nice for a stabber, but really unless it's a dex bear that gets a skill bonus from Str, what is the Str bonus good for (best feature is a dozen health or so)?

a mage could use the set if he/she wants to feel special and glitter. will replacing the copperhead's voodoo master with a zombie's voodoo fire staff still make a set?

No that wouldn't work, for Int it has to say Voodoo Master. In a better virtual world, we would all forget about Voodoo Master, and a full set of Zombie or Mamboza gear would give a bonus.

Raxie
09-28-2010, 09:38 PM
you mean the zombie's and mamboza's gear would give a better bonus than the voodoo master set?

Royce
09-28-2010, 09:53 PM
you mean the zombie's and mamboza's gear would give a better bonus than the voodoo master set?

No I mean, they'd just drop the whole Voodoo master thing becuase as this conversation proves, it confuses the whole notion of "set". Copperhead and Swamp Rat are designations of a specific pink variety with the same types stat bonuses on each item. They are sensible sets. The Voodoo Master set is a collection of disparate pink varieties, and the label Voodoo Master is really equivalent to Khafra, Mynas or Scorpion, a style of item, and not a variety if that makes any sense. So a real Int set should be the new Mamboza helm (though it should be a witch toad tiara), a Mamboza voodoo fire pin, the Mamboza croc scale robe, and a new mamboza bracer (doll or maybe eye since that's the only type of bracer made in the game in forever (side track, but why on earth did they make the new Dreamer's bracer from Fathom an eye? They finally had the opportunity to use another design and make a new skull bracer, like other Fathom bracers, but instead made just another eye.)).

Raxie
09-28-2010, 09:58 PM
oh, now i see what you mean. well, i'm going to make a level 35 intbear and i want the voodoo master set.
i was thinking of dex, but don't really like daggers; if there was a talon or a bow for dex that could complete the swamp rat's set, i maybe would have made a dex character.

Raxie
09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
wait i just realised that the voodoo doll has copperhead's in it. does this mean that with both of str and int evenly distributed, you can equip the trident, helm and plate and the voodoo doll and still get the extra bonus stats?

Royce
09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
wait i just realised that the voodoo doll has copperhead's in it. does this mean that with both of str and int evenly distributed, you can equip the trident, helm and plate and the voodoo doll and still get the extra bonus stats?

Nope, as I said before, the sets seem to be very specific. For instance the Copperhead helm, plate, and copperhead battlesword do not work, and the helm, plate, and copperhead hammer do not work. They should IMO. Anyway, I don't think you could even do it as a 35 since copperhead has a Dex bonus, and you'd need Str and Int to meet the requirements ;)

Raxie
09-28-2010, 11:29 PM
thanks a lot; you answered all my questions.
what would we do without you?

Teflon
09-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Nicely explained Royce! Great job.

Raxie
09-29-2010, 06:07 AM
but to make it even more sensible, shouldn't copperhead's str weapons apart from the trident also be included in the str swamps set?

BeardedBear
09-29-2010, 09:44 AM
I put together this page about the Copperhead/Swamp rats sets and bonuses. Check it out.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8615-The-copperhead-power!