PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Lightning Upgrades

Energizeric
02-23-2013, 09:30 PM
So I have Lightning skill with 2 upgrades -- the 15% boost upgrade and the 250% crit upgrade.

There are 2 more upgrades available:

1) 25% chance to stun on charged attack

2) 15% uncharged/25% charged chance at AoE

Currently I never charge Lightning because I don't have either of these upgrades. I have 2 more skill points to spend, and I'm debating whether or not to do these 2 upgrades, or put the points in passives. Or maybe 1 upgrade and 1 passive.

Perhaps someone who has either of these upgrades can comment on how useful they are. Is it worth having to charge Lightning to use thes upgrades? Please give your opinion if I should do the upgrades or put them in passives.

Cero
02-24-2013, 01:52 AM
pvp

those two remaining upgrades isnt needed/low chance to work/doesnt work.

uour way better doing charge fireball/rifle for stuns.

pve

the aoe from lightning works. might need it for more dmg on mobs.

about stuns. youre way better to use frost or fireballs.

bluotaku
02-24-2013, 04:31 AM
I wouldn't go for the AoE in PvE unless you're doing tombs/hauntlet. I never liked the stun in PvE at all. It seems like more of a PvP skill.

I find it hard to deliver the final blow on elite maps:

1. mobs have lots of life
2. timing is hard due to recent lag and teammates taking the kill
2. auto target sometimes sucks!

Plus, you only have a chance to shoot off only several more bolts (I'm assuming you're not pulling too many mobs in elite).

If you're leveling to cap in tombs though, AoE skill is awesome.

ATR-AL
02-24-2013, 10:49 PM
2. auto target sometimes sucks!.
Hits jars in watch tower... Experienced it several times...

Genuinous
02-25-2013, 04:31 AM
I basically left my pvp build, which included lighting and did the aoe upgrade for lvling. It is working quite nicely in tombs, but it is near useless when you get to elite runs. So I would keep it for lvling and then respec, or if you cant respec then dont waste those points :)

Caiahar
03-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Well, since you do pvp a lot, (don't deny it) o would choose the crit upgrade and the other in passive. Although sorcerers crit isn't as high as rogues, you can get Ribbit or Colton. Ribbits passive includes a little crit, and his arcane ability is very high ranged, but weaker than Colton. On the other hand, Colton, who's passive I forgot, and his arcane ability gives more crit than ribbit, but small range. So if you are a sorcerer who attacks from back in pvp, try using ribbit. On the other hand, if you attack close, which I doubt you do, use Colton. If you are doing pve. Do neither of these upgrades, as they aren't useful. Although crit is good for bosses, I wouldn't recommend it.

CosmoxKramer
03-02-2013, 10:31 AM
I think it has all been said but I can note that I only use the aoe when leveling. Once capped and I PVP or do Elites more I drop it.