PDA

View Full Version : How to use the AL traders market on arcane forums

colestros
02-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Hi I'm a newbie at the arcane forums :p so I'm having a hard time understanding how things work in the traders market... It looks like a great place to buy&sell stuff, so I'd really like to learn how to use the forum.
So, uh, could anyone please explain to me how the whole buy-and-sell process goes? Starting from; if you want to buy or sell something, enter the forums and post.... to getting the whole transaction finished and both people satisfied.
{For example, I'm guessing it goes something like; 1. Post that youre selling something, 2. Someone pms or posts that they're buying 3. You decide when to meet(how do you do this part?) 4. Meet&trade in game.}

Oh, and I have a few questions..
-how do you private message someone youre not friends with? Do you type something in the front of your sentence to send to a specific person?
-how do you meet up with people in the game? I mean you'd have to be logged on at the same time to trade right?

P.S-To anyone who'd take their time to explain this, thank you so much:) and your answers could help hundreds of other newbies too! I know I'm asking a lot, so I'd really appreciate a good answer. Thanks! Vv^_^vV

Limsi
02-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Well. what you assume to be the process of selling/buying items in the market is pretty much correct. If the seller deals at a specific price, he would most likely meet you up in game through a party invite. The deciding part when you both would meet would rest to the both of you.

To private message someone in game that happens not to be your friend, simply use /tell name message - easy peasy!
In the case of the forums, simply click/tap the person's name who you want to pm and a drop down window will appear, you should be able to locate the "Send a private message" function there.

Yes, both of you should be logged in at the same time to trade.

colestros
02-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks a lot limsyoker:)
Buuuut.. I have another question. How do most people choose meeting time?? They could live in completely different time zones. Do they use greenwich mean time??btw can u please type an example of a pm here? Still having trouble on pming.. thnx

Limsi
02-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Well it all depends on both of the parties' availability schedule. In some cases, freshly posted threads would mean the buyer/seller is still online and that if ever there's someone sealing a deal with him, they could meet right away. Some would estimate the availability time of the buyer/seller and would go online depending on what the planned meeting time is. It all lies to both involved in a transaction and of course the willingness of at least one to sacrifice waiting.

As for the pms: /tell limsyoker Hello!
Format is : /tell_name_message

colestros
02-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Okay. Got all my questions answered. Thank you so much limsyoker:)