PDA

View Full Version : Which Sorcerer Helm is better?

Energizeric
02-24-2013, 03:46 AM
Which has better stats?

1) 15 STR, 29 INT, 232 Armor

2) 18 DEX, 35 INT, 2.8 Damage, 226 Armor

#2 is the Mythic Sorcerer Helm, but I'm thinking maybe #1 is better overall since DEX doesn't really do much for a Sorcerer.

#1 is Lvl 26 Sealord Effigy of Security.

Lesmiserables
02-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Mythic? i rather more dmg ;p

Y O L O
02-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Mythic? i rather more dmg ;p

agreed

Jessicazx
02-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Definitely... 2

Perroncel
02-24-2013, 09:59 PM
absolutely #2 but currently im using helm #1 :( sighh wrongg" i mean sealord effigy of grace 26

Energizeric
02-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but when you fight in PvP your chance of victory is based on not only your damage caused to the other player, but also your ability to stay alive longer than he does. Therefore, Health Points are just as important as damage caused. For example, a 10% increase in damage in exchange for a 20% decrease in health points is NOT a good trade. On the other hand, a 20% increase in health points would be worth trading for a 10% decrease in damage.

It's like sports, offense vs. defense. If your team scores 10 points but gives up 12 then you lose. But if you score 8 points, but only give up 6 points, then you win. So which team is better out of those two examples, the team that scores 10 points or the team that scores 8 points?

I compared the 2 helms by equipping them in the CS:

#1 gives 78 more health points and 6 more armor

#2 gives 4.4 more damage (which results in approximately 10 more damage per non-critical skill hit)

If every time you hit the other guy, you inflict 10 more damage, the battle would have to last 8+ hits in length for this damage increase to matter more than the extra health and armor of #1. Most PvP battles are much faster than that, so that's why I think #1 is better.

Yes, for PvE the higher damage is usually better since we have warriors to tank for us and we rarely get hit. But for PvP (which is what most of us care about), it's all about damage vs. health/armor.

Valsacar
02-25-2013, 03:40 AM
I'm all PvE, so #2 by far. Also I'm testing out a true glass cannon (working fairly well, just need to control where I'm standing more) with high damage and crit (currently at 16.79% crit, which is really nice).

Caiahar
03-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Mythic VS. Sealord.... Well, if you,energizeric, do pvp, and pve, I would get both. Mythic for pve and Sealord for pvp. I would choose Health over dmg anyday. Whats the point of having tons of damage when you can't even survive? So, in my view, Sealord is a better choice for PvP